[Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사

Admin

Lee Joon Gi And Seo Ye Ji Can’t Stop Joking Around On Set Of “Lawless Lawyer”

Seo-Ye-Ji-Lee-Joon-Gi-1.jpg

Lee Joon Gi and Seo Ye Ji recently showed their great chemistry and that they love to tease each other in a making video for “Lawless Lawyer.”

The making video first shows a darker side of Lee Joon Gi, as he does take after take of different action scenes. His mastery of special techniques surprise the staff. However, he slips out of his darker, more serious acting when he hangs out with Seo Ye Ji behind-the-scenes.

Lee-Joon-Hyuk-Seo-Ye-Ji-3.jpg

read full article>>> https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/03/watch-lee-joon-gi-seo-ye-ji-cant-stop-joking-around-set-lawless-lawyer/

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is the first series that getting me in soompi again after like 8 years?

the last log in was during WGM ansol couple era.

i need to backtrack all post to feel satisfy before jumping to the bandwagon

but seriously, the uncle died?

i havent seen epi 8 yet.

i'll be back later.

I have watched the subbed episode. Phew.

@kjoy I think both Detective Woo and Uncle Choi Dae Woong might have secretly contacted each other. We should not forget that as naive as he might seem, Detective Woo IS a detective. If not, he wouldn't have thought of having a secret 'garage' to keep all the information he had secretly gathered about AOJ. I assumed he was the one 'researching' about Uncle Dae Woong *after all Uncle was a famous gang leader who also has a legal business lol... not that difficult to trace especially when you're a (former) detective with colleagues in Seoul*, that's why in his last text message he mentioned his name there- otherwise Uncle might have not recognized the number. Uncle knew about Jae Yi all along because of Sang Pil's story, so it's natural that he knew her mother and her importance to the whole 'story'.

It's just one mistake- a HUGE, FATAL one at that- that both Uncle Dae Woong and Sang Pil did in this episode, which cost him his life. They were caught off guard. Both thought that Jae Yi would be the ultimate target of AOJ- because she's a woman, a weaker one. Unfortunately they're just HALF correct. A criminal with a criminal mind *pun intended- boy didn't I just recall the tagline of Lee Joongi's previous drama lol* like AOJ is apparently aiming for more. AOJ didn't cut ONLY one of Sang Pil's arms- he wanted to cut BOTH, and he started out with the STRONGEST one first, because if you get rid of that one already, the weaker one is a piece of cake. Yes, Uncle was a famous thug- but I believe he's famous because he was good at martial arts. He had no evil mind like AOJ... he's playing by the book, using his fists in the most literal way- to defend but not to hurt, just the way he told SP. Uncle would like to get Sang Pil's hand as clean as possible even if that means he had to deal with the bad guys himself. He said that the only reason he was still a thug was because he needed that 'power' to protect SP. He might have just thought about a plan, especially after meeting JY's mother *we didn't really assume that she worked at the masseuse parlor just by coincidence, did we?*. Probably that's why he seemed confident to meet AOJ in person - not knowing what would come his way. Both Uncle and SP focused on JY but they forgot that their own lives are also AOJ's target.

About CMS's reaction to SP's arrest... she was caught off guard, too. She might realise by now that AOJ isn't the AOJ she used to know and she has to be extra careful. Lol I really want to see later when she finds out NSJ and YH also plan to 'stab her in the back'.

It'll be very interesting to see how JY tries to defend SP as his lawyer. She doesn't work like SP, but I think she has learned a thing or two.

If there's a small thing I would 'complain' about would be JY's mother's appearance. I think it would be easier to accept the fact that JY couldn't recognise her because they changed her physical appearance a bit more strikingly (not only the haircut lol). But as for now, I'll settle with the possibility that little JY might experience a trauma that caused a selective 'memory loss'.

oh i forgot to mention this... @kjoy I think the reason why SP didn't want to ask Manager Tae without explaining or briefing him first was because Manager Tae might have accidentally told JY about the threat. I think it's also not because SP considered JY as a weak woman but her temper (and recklessness caused partly by her high sense of justice) might get her into troubles that he can't prevent. However SP really needs to trust JY this time since he's behind the bar and she's his only hope to help make things right.

Ok can we talk about this though:wub:?Kissing a man's forehead has never looked so beautiful.The feeling is different than when its viceversa but either way its super romantic.

tumblr_p9r8llK6dA1vqlkb3o8_r1_400.gif

and yes to an assertive and proactive girl:) grab that manly hand(or wait? is a watch company sponsoring this drama too?That no so subtle PPL. I usually hate PPL in dramas but it looks good on his hand:D so its ok.)

giphy.gif

I wish lawless gang was peeping so he could also scream "Hajima" like she did in ep 7 when she is pecking him like this:

5bc24d9f-9ec6-407a-9745-8671c84e754f.gif

@violina hahaha... yes to an assertive and proactive girl, too! now it reminds me of Jae Yi's very own question: protect me from what? :D *throwing her shoe at someone away* :rolleyes:

AAAAAHHHHH... Samchun... why did they get rid of uncle so soon! We barely knew him. :(

Sad as I am over his unceremonious passing, I don't think Choi Dae Woong went to face AOJ without thinking through the consequences and coming up with contingencies. He must have had an inkling that he could be walking into a trap and sacrificed himself. A man who wasn't just some bottom-feeder gangbanger. He was the head of a fairly large organization. AOJ may appear to have won this round but it might end up being an overreach. Would CDW not have known that AOJ's lackey was following him around? Did they never question the ease by which they got one of the top gang leaders in Seoul? It was a nice move hiding JY's mum right in plain sight. Dangerous but clever. It's like what is often said in the Chinese dramas... "the most dangerous place is also the safest one". It looks like the blind masseuse was an AOJ plant... she confessed to it but then I wonder... Was she really? It was never proven. Ms Nam never confronted AOJ with it, she only assumed he was behind it because he knew stuff. What if the blind masseuse was a CDW plant all along? After all, if he can get JY's mother on the short list and school her to say the right thing in the interview, why couldn't he have planted the blind masseuse first and get her to confess? Just some thoughts from an over active imagination.

All of that assumes that the writer is being incredibly slick and I'm hoping he is. :wink: Actually I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

The other thing that keeps coming back to me is actually how divided the gang of seven are. Everyone is in it for themselves. They don't like each other all much. It's clear that AOJ is barely tolerated by the others and only because he is the judge's running dog. They seem like a united front because they see themselves as being on the winning team and as long as the benefits of being part of the cabal continue to flow, they will close ranks. But as we saw in the case of the bank president, as soon as one of them becomes a liability, they are quick to jettison him from the "club" and even then, he goes kicking and screaming not necessarily out of loyalty. Again, I don't know how loyal AOJ is to the judge underneath all that ceremonious servility. If she continues squeezing money out of him, he might not be too obedient in the long run. I'm sure he'll do her bidding as long as he can see some benefit to it. Also, I'm still not that sure of KYH's motives. Is she as avaricious as her mother or is she biding time and gathering ammunition? Even if all she does is work against the judge, it would certainly help the good guys make some headway. it seems like Ms Nam prioritizes YH over the judge so who knows... when push comes to shove... she might turn around and stab the judge in the back if it means her beloved YH gets ahead.

The thing I do like about this OTP is that they're not afraid to show that they like each other. That I think is quite a departure from other K dramas when for episode after episode, the pair hold back for whatever reason and even resorting to noble idiocy when the seas turn a bit rough. Here they are a lot freer with their feelings and even when he's worried about JY, SP is more resolute about staying by her side which makes more sense than the usual klutzy attempts to push one's loved one away. I also like that JY knows her mind and is willing to go after what she wants rather than play daddy's girl in half-hearted misery (like some other recently completed drama that doesn't bear mention). It isn't just about love that she's hanging around for. She's got a job to do and she can see through the judge's ploy easily enough. I would be disappointed if she hadn't. So yay for JY sticking to her guns. My favourite kind of female lead.

It is ironic that the most naive person in the show -- a man -- is being protected by the women in his life who are putting themselves in jeopardy. It's hard to believe, as my Chinese relatives used to say, that a man who has eaten so much salt and rice can be so trusting (to put it euphemistically). He needs to get out of that photography studio a bit more. It's fine that he doesn't trust BSP on some level but it's embarrassing that a man his age is still hero-worshipping public figures with no thoughts of his own.

@40somethingahjumma I love reading your insights, as usual :lol:! I tried to watch the scene with the blind masseuse again... yeah, while she seemed to be 'confessing' to NSJ that she was indeed a 'spy', the mention of the name (AOJ's) was from NSJ's mouth.

From the next episode's preview, JY will see for herself the photo of AOJ and CMS in the crime scene, which was taken by her mother. 18 years ago, I'm sure this will make her more determined in 'declaring her war'. Let the father see for himself later, too... at the moment he seems to be too blind to do so. If only he knew that after he went home that night, CMS sanitized her mansion as if he was some sort of garbage full of bacteria :expressionless:.

12 minutes ago, NoonaE said:

@violina hahaha... yes to an assertive and proactive girl, too! now it reminds me of Jae Yi's very own question: protect me from what? :D *throwing her shoe at someone away* :rolleyes:

and guess what? the reason why she was saying "Hajima" and overreacting is even funnier:D.

I thought he was just teasing her.I didnt catch it.He was actually confessing to her.He was telling(whispering to her) that he loves her.Talk about wrong timing.Aigoo Lawyer Bong..:D

So it would have been balanced equation if he did the same:D.I think she is saying she loves him too here before she kisses him:

I cannot believe a man would have such blind devotion to a woman who can't even muster up enough care to even know his name. She literally referred to him as "Jae Yi's father". And then he has the audacity to berate his daughter for calling her Judge Cha. Like dude what is she supposed to call her, high priestess?  :blink: I'm over him already. 

And CMS literally trying to send Jae Yi off by manipulating her dad shows that she is even more shaken by Jae Yi. I think she truly looked at Jae Yi as her prodigy. Don't tell NSJ tho because she just my have a conniption from all her jealousy. I actually had to laugh when she got excited thinking CMS only reinstated her as a lawyer to send her back to Seoul. Had Jae Yi not said anything about exposing her crimes she would've been happy trying to recruit her into her little club. 

Maybe a future scheme of theirs might be Having her as undercover mole in the 7 group. Supremely arrogant Cha wouldn’t suspect her groveling admirers adoring daughter would betray her would she? 

10 hours ago, NoonaE said:

If there's a small thing I would 'complain' about would be JY's mother's appearance. I think it would be easier to accept the fact that JY couldn't recognise her because they changed her physical appearance a bit more strikingly (not only the haircut lol). But as for now, I'll settle with the possibility that little JY might experience a trauma that caused a selective 'memory loss'.

I was wondering that too, is it a different actress playing her mom so she looks completely different? Or just the hair? Cause even if JY has memory loss, wouldn’t living in a photo studio with your moms picture literally on the window and in the house, kind of make it easy to recognize her? I hope JY is first to find out her moms alive though and connects the dots with what HM told her about not owing any debt and then seeing the mysterious woman at his funeral who cried when she saw her.

@kjoy @NoonaE I was particularly disturbed when the dad left and CM complained about a ‘smell.’ Like maybe after she hugs all those orphans she has to take six showers and like she has a germophobia for those ‘below her’

18 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Maybe a future scheme of theirs might be Having her as undercover mole in the 7 group. Supremely arrogant Cha wouldn’t suspect her groveling admirers adoring daughter would betray her would she? 

I would actually love to see this. CMS clearly wants JY with her and if nothing else it would really irk NSJ. 

As far as JY not recognizing her mother, I think it has more to do with her believing she's dead due to what HM said. I mean he is the guy who would've killed her so I think it's perfectly logical that JY would believe his 'sorry' was confirmation of that. Plus it's not like JY didn't think something was amiss about her mother. She kept looking back at her at the funeral even as she ran away.

Some random Questions:

1. Do you think judge CMS might have some sort of mental disorder such as Obsessive–compulsive disorder, considering how she felt after JY’s father left, and how she sanitized her hands after visiting the orphanage…
  2. I wonder why she is so obsessed with HJY?! Considering that she’s not married herself and has no children, she might considered her as her daughter or some sort of prodigy!
  3. Who/where is BSP father? BSP last name is not the same as her mother, so he must have a father? Is there any k-drama birth secret?!
  4. Why nobody recognized HJY mother? I mean I understand that HJY was so young, and pictures of her mother might not be very similar to her current appearance, and she considered her as dead, but still she’s her mother… is anyone experienced something similar in their life, not recognizing their parents?!

Actually thinking about CMS and HJY I find it interesting that outside of trying to send HJY to Seoul, CMS hasn't had any vindictive feelings toward her or even tried to retaliate in a drastic mean way. She didn't threaten to ruin her, she even offered to get her a job at a big law firm. When talking to NSJ in front of HJY's mother she said that HJY basically declared war against her, but it was said in such a way like she was disappointed...hurt even. When HJY came to her office in episode 3 to ask about getting BSP an extension so he could prepare for HM's trial CMS asked if her visit was a personal or business and when HJY said business she seemed disappointed.

Ironic that everyone works overtime to be in CMS' good grace and yet she's the one working hard to be in HJY's. She looks down on HJY's father but wants her to call her mother. I think there's genuine affection there. Twisted, but genuine. 

12 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The thing I do like about this OTP is that they're not afraid to show that they like each other. That I think is quite a departure from other K dramas when for episode after episode, the pair hold back for whatever reason and even resorting to noble idiocy when the seas turn a bit rough. Here they are a lot freer with their feelings and even when he's worried about JY, SP is more resolute about staying by her side which makes more sense than the usual klutzy attempts to push one's loved one away. I also like that JY knows her mind and is willing to go after what she wants rather than play daddy's girl in half-hearted misery (like some other recently completed drama that doesn't bear mention). It isn't just about love that she's hanging around for. She's got a job to do and she can see through the judge's ploy easily enough. I would be disappointed if she hadn't. So yay for JY sticking to her guns. My favourite kind of female lead.

It is ironic that the most naive person in the show -- a man -- is being protected by the women in his life who are putting themselves in jeopardy. It's hard to believe, as my Chinese relatives used to say, that a man who has eaten so much salt and rice can be so trusting (to put it euphemistically). He needs to get out of that photography studio a bit more. It's fine that he doesn't trust BSP on some level but it's embarrassing that a man his age is still hero-worshipping public figures with no thoughts of his own.

3 hours ago, kjoy said:

I cannot believe a man would have such blind devotion to a woman who can't even muster up enough care to even know his name. She literally referred to him as "Jae Yi's father". And then he has the audacity to berate his daughter for calling her Judge Cha. Like dude what is she supposed to call her, high priestess?  :blink: I'm over him already

Ah you two.How can you speak my mind so eloquently.How can a dad place so much his faith and trust over some other woman not even related to him over his own daughter?

Not cool papa Ha.Not cool:(:crazy:.Also I dont care what context or who is doing it but any man slapping a grown woman goes into my "dislike list" instantly:

2bm7hj.gif

Fortunately she has this man until her dad gets his act together and sees the light("goddess cha is no saint but a viper).I really hate it when a woman(HJY)is put in this position(where she has to look for outside support because her family isnt being the source of strength she needs), but what can she do when her dad is like this? Go to the one man who believes in her:

2bm9aj.gif

and BSP is fast securing his nomination for "kdrama boyfriend of the year 2018"

Exhibit 1(and more to come..he has done many "good boyfriend" worthy things in this episode).I am surprised they didnt make him whip out a foot oilment for her feet:wub:.

tumblr_p9r8llK6dA1vqlkb3o2_400.gif

8 hours ago, kjoy said:

I cannot believe a man would have such blind devotion to a woman who can't even muster up enough care to even know his name. She literally referred to him as "Jae Yi's father". And then he has the audacity to berate his daughter for calling her Judge Cha. Like dude what is she supposed to call her, high priestess?  :blink: I'm over him already. 

And CMS literally trying to send Jae Yi off by manipulating her dad shows that she is even more shaken by Jae Yi. I think she truly looked at Jae Yi as her prodigy. Don't tell NSJ tho because she just my have a conniption from all her jealousy. I actually had to laugh when she got excited thinking CMS only reinstated her as a lawyer to send her back to Seoul. Had Jae Yi not said anything about exposing her crimes she would've been happy trying to recruit her into her little club. 

does CMS knows she was one of the reason JY's mom left? JY's mom wasnt in the plan to be killed. she was there are the wrong time. and the family seems to have a good connection? but JY appa is so not cool. how can he trust outsider more than his daughter? i wonder what will happen next. 

i wonder if the uncle already has plan something before his death, he couldnt be so stupid to left without any plan knowing how things are in kiseong rite? after all he is so protective over SP. i cant wait for the next epi!! its still 4 days to go!!

@philosophie @kjoy @persianrose ikr... the difference isn't too striking, though there's always a possibility that Little Jae Yi developed such a 'mental block' concerning her mother's existence. Dad can probably be the one who's able to recognise her directly, IMO. CMS and NSJ might have not known JY's mother too well to be able to know that it's her- as I understood here that it was JY's father who's the personal photographer of Cha Family. But again, with this show, anything can happen hahahaha...

@violina hahaha thanks! so he was indeed teasing her by saying those three words shamelessly looool...

And here's the English subbed BTS... aww... they really have such a good rapport!

and here's my favourite BongHa gif of the week :wub::

tumblr_p9sq5iJN6d1vem8apo2_400.gif

Archived