[Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사

Admin

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I just say that the actor playing AOJ is one helluvan actor?! He's very effective and he even added nuances to the character. This is the first drama I've seen him in so I'm not that familiar with him. Overall, this drama is well acted and there is not one character that annoys me for poor acting. They annoy me because they're effective. This has become my favorite ongoing drama now. 

3 hours ago, kjoy said:

I'm also wondering what CMS is trying to pull with HJY as far as asking her to prove BSP's innocence? I'd say she's trying to undo what AOJ did without her permission, but then she goes and asks YH if she can beat HJY and even puts salt in her wounds by mentioning that she (YH) thought she could beat JY and SP during HM's case but ended up losing.

I see it as CMS still trying to pull Jae Yi back to her side . She hasn’t given up on JY & it’s purely lip service. She’s still keen to show JY that she is fair & righteous. What she told Prosecutor Kang is likely what she really wants .

Though this is not CMS plan to have BSP responsible for CDW’s murder, she’d probably thinks right now it will work to her favour to get rid of all the weeds in Kiseung. I  really enjoy seeing the power struggle btwn CMS & AOJ. They need each other at the moment but the dog is no longer obedient & he won’t be put on a leash. And with Noh constantly pouring oil on fire on both sides , the lines will be drawn sooner or later. 

By the way who is the politician that CMS met while horse riding ? AOJ working to free BSP? That’s quite a surprising thing . How can helping BSP serve his interests??

18 hours ago, kjoy said:

It's quite interesting that as much as CMS tries to treat AOJ as her dog he's never quite seen himself as her dog. As he told his lackey once, 'you have to live on the edge of a knife to be free'. This is why I think he pushes his boundaries with her more so than others, such as taking over her father's statue ceremony. It's also quite interesting that I've never seen him bow down to her in apology or to ask forgiveness like others on the show. If memory serves I think I've only ever seen him bow all the way down when he was asking/needing something from her. 

@antoniaclamens @triplem (I hope this answers to your last post) @evie7 @sava2sava

Now that I have watched the episode 9, I finally understand why AOJ had to kill CDW and frame BSP for his murder. I have been even thinking that CDW might have planned his death all along hence he came without any man from his gang. He knew that BSP would annoy AOJ so much that AOJ would have searched for a way to get rid of his enemy hence he chose to become AOJ's target instead of his nephew. That's why he asked BSP if he didn't want to give up on his revenge. AOJ chose CDW because he was his biggest supporter and protector. With CDW's murder, BSP would have no longer any protection. But killing CDW meant declaring war to the DG gang and this is a powerful gang that's why he had to frame BSP so that the gang would retaliate against BSP. He avoids to become the target of the deceased uncle's gang. 

On the other hand, CDW's death makes BSP realize what his uncle meant by "revenge calls for more revenge". Now, he is himself the target of the gang who seeks revenge for his uncle's murder. In my opinion, although BSP knew that CMS was the one who ordered his mother's killing, BSP resented AOJ more than CMS. Notice that BSP was more trying to take down AOJ than CMS as he thought that once AOJ is caught and arrested, CMS's crimes will resurface. However, BSP made a mistake from my point of view and we witnessed it in the episode 9. CMS has been thinking about cutting ties with AOJ who represents a source of danger for her. Like a hunter, when a hunt dog doesn't listen to his master, the hunter kills his hunting hound and gets a new one. That's why she met this politician. Moreover, we learn that her father CBH had been betrayed in the past... I guess the politician CMS met must have been a former gang leader as well hence CMS decided to never trust anyone. By abandoning AOJ, she can kill two birds with one stone:

- Since AOJ knows all her dirty secrets therefore in the episode 9 he warned her, she can get rid of her past and her weakness

- she gets a new supporter and "dog". Since she knows what the politician did in the past, she is aware that she needs to be cautious and not make the same mistake as her father. Moreover, I can sense that she will benefit from it. 

So when BSP let Scorpion stab him, he ensured that the gang would realize that he was not the killer as he was willing to pay "the crime" with his body. It was as if he accepted the anger from the gang (the idea of revenge) hence the revenge becomes pointless. 

From my point of view, DW's death had a fatal impact on the relationship between CMS and AOJ. From my point of view, CMS has decided to switch her ally and is about to abandon AOJ. Her reasons are that he didn't just obey her, he took his own initiative. AOJ has no longer the law on his side... moreover he lost his money as he had to give it to CBH's foundation. I have the impression that AOJ will be now forced to cooperate with BSP. If BSP is killed, then CMS can claim in front of HJY that she had nothing to do with it, as she had told HJY that she wanted her to win the trial. That's why it became important that NHJ showed the picture of CMS killing a man and AOJ covering up for her. That way, NHJ makes sure that HJY perceives CMS's true nature. CMS is a criminal like AOJ, she is no saint at all and her court is just an illusion. Notice that HJY still didn't know why her mother and CJI had to disappear. CMS hasn't given up on HJY yet, she still tries to maintain the picture of a fair and honest judge that's why she accepted the request and even announced to her spiritual daughter that she wanted her to win the trial.     

7 hours ago, Wotad said:

Gotta catch up on this i stopped watching before the kiss/sex episode and felt it was rushed so i think that sort of put me off , will try catch up though. 

Ooo do catch up , story has been pretty solid & the fast pace is something that keeps the drama interesting. The romance does not anchor the drama & I think so far I  find that it does complement the plot. Main focus of the story is really about bringing down those who have abused their power & influence 

So @bebebisous33 , based on your explanation does this mean that CDW already knew that AOJ would target him , and going to see AOJ ( an anticipating he might get killed by AOJ ) was part  of his larger plan to bring the coalition down ? 

Ok it makes sense now why CMS met that politician . She needs another loyal servant to commit her dirty deeds. And I get why AOJ is temporarily helping BSP first then. CMS is going to break ties with him

1 hour ago, allythefangirl said:

Can I just say that the actor playing AOJ is one helluvan actor?! He's very effective and he even added nuances to the character. This is the first drama I've seen him in so I'm not that familiar with him. Overall, this drama is well acted and there is not one character that annoys me for poor acting. They annoy me because they're effective. This has become my favorite ongoing drama now. 

He is an excellent actor. Very good at playing layered characters . I have seen him in a couple of other dramas - in Pride & Prejudice , he was the Head Prosecutor who you couldn’t really tell if he was good or bad till the end . Then in the Liar &  His Lover  , he played male lead’s Father , a talented & eccentric musician who abandoned his family . 

53 minutes ago, triplem said:

Ooo do catch up , story has been pretty solid & the fast pace is something that keeps the drama interesting. The romance does not anchor the drama & I think so far I  find that it does complement the plot. Main focus of the story is really about bringing down those who have abused their power & influence 

So @bebebisous33 , based on your explanation does this mean that CDW already knew that AOJ would target him , and going to see AOJ ( an anticipating he might get killed by AOJ ) was part  of his larger plan to bring the coalition down ? 

Ok it makes sense now why CMS met that politician . She needs another loyal servant to commit her dirty deeds. And I get why AOJ is temporarily helping BSP first then. CMS is going to break ties with him

Yes, that's my explanation. Notice that CDW knew that AOJ was setting a trap hence he warned BSP not to come to his rescue. Besides, why would he go to Kiseong without any guard? Many viewers criticized him for this move calling him stupid. So this was part of a plan. Having HJY sent to CMS's side, he made sure that she would protect her daughter by revealing CMS's true personality. CDW had to break the link between AOJ and CMS and as a gang leader he knew that. Then we shouldn't forget that CDW provoked AOJ during their conversation. AOJ was trying to make a deal with CDW asking him to take BSP back to Seoul... CDW refused and even challenged AOJ.

But CDW didn't anticipate that BSP would try to rescue him. If he had not been at the crime scene, then the gang wouldn't have believed so easily the story "BSP killing his uncle". CDW thought that his death would have even created a war against AOJ so that CMS would have been forced to abandon AOJ.  

I can't say I know much about SK judicial system or maybe it's just the way things are done in corrupt Gi Sung but it was hard to stomach all the ridiculous stuff that went on in Episode 9. Isn't it a bit obvious and easy that the murderer of a major gangland leader would be found so easily? A trained lawyer that defends gang members would just leave evidence lying around so that anyone can just walk in and find it? Surely if he was really going to kill his uncle, he would do a much better job of hiding the anaesthetic and the weapon? Do cops and prosecutors in Gi Sung think that catching murderers is really that simple? And then the witness thinks he can see the face of the murderer from that distance. Doesn't anyone with half a brain think that it's all very suspicious? I don't doubt that there are stupid murderers in this world but BSP just got a former police officer off a murder charge. He must know how the way things work to cover his tracks. Again, there's another case of an overabundance of evidence and only one cop really cares about the truth.

I suppose all of this is so that JY gets to play lawyer in court right in front of CMS. Which is fine. But I just wish the whole case against BSP didn't look too much like a case of obvious entrapment and evidence planting. And how one single witness can be a substantial source of information in a murder trial boggles my mind.

I am also wondering how well CDW's underlings knew BSP. Again, I'm struggling to accept that they're so ready to turn on him. Doesn't anyone think through these things? 

We were right in thinking last week that CMS wasn't exactly doing a happy dance when she heard that BSP got arrested. She's a snob and a megalomaniac... like it or not, she's riding on her father's coattails to some degree. Of course she likes to think she calls all the shots and so far she's competent enough to hold it together as long as she has. But she can't do it all on her own and she shouldn't let her snobbery become a problem when she's dealing with her underlings. There are certainly interesting internal contradictions in her character... and perhaps there will come a time I imagine when all those tensions will cause her to implode.

I did say last week that I thought Uncle had a plan. It seems like he did. I don't think he walked into the lion's den without making certain preparations. I was sure JY's mother as the new masseuse was a plant placed by him but now I'd like to know what else he put in place before he made himself the sacrificial lamb. I am assuming that he is really dead, right? He's not suddenly going to come back from the dead like some mad makjang, right? That would really take the cake.

Dad seems to feel a bit guilty for hitting JY and even if he doesn't care for SP (which is fine by me), it's good that at least he is enough of a father to put his daughter ahead of his own pride. Actually he's not a man with a lot of pride and that works both ways. On the one hand he kowtows to the Cha clan like a Joseon peasant and yet he is simple-mindedly unegotistical enough to support his daughter's professional life despite having a ton of misgivings about the man she's dating.

It will be interesting to see what AOJ gets up to next. Playing mayor might start getting to his head soon if he continues feeling underappreciated. Preview seems to be hinting at some kind of co-belligerence between some strange bedfellows.

Just viewed episode 9 with subs and that the court trial of Bong Sang Pil was a cockamamie, bull of a court trial. For a judge who has been written up as one of the best of the legal eagles in Asia, CMS reputation is in question here when she allows such injudiciousness in her court. There is no real evidence proving guilt. Prosecutor Byun is supposed to be an ace prosecutor and what he presented as evidence is more of hearsay and did not prove anything and should have been thrown out or should have been contested by the defense. First, Byun showed a document showing the will of DW naming SP as his heir. DW the head of a big organization, would have had that will under lock with a hot shot, high paid consigliere/lawyer, who would have made the prosecution go through hoops to obtain the will and would have made himself available as a witness for the defense. And knowing DW being protective of SP and wanting to shield him from gang activities, I think that he would have stipulated in the will that BSP will only get his inheritance in the form of wealth and money and no involvement with his “organization”. Anybody, especially a lawyer can produce a will. Prosecutor Byun says that BSP wanted to be the head of his uncle’s organization, so he killed his uncle which is unreasonable since SP is already named (according to the will produced by the prosecution) as the heir. If SP was contesting the will because he was not named in it or someone else was the beneficiary, then killing his uncle to get his wealth and organization makes sense. Prosecutor Byun also stated that he had once put Lawyer SP in jail which had nothing to do with the present case and the fact is Lawyer SP got out of jail because Prosecutor Byun could not prove his guilt. Everything that Byun presented was bull and considered as highly prejudicial hearsay and should have been deemed as inadmissible as well as contested by the defense. They were not hard evidence and only his prejudices. Highly prejudicial evidences are those that can cause the prejudice of witnesses to move for or against the accused and not backed by hard evidence proving it’s true worth. Byun did not present any hard evidence to back up his claims, he just presented an opinion of his, but then the defense did not contest it either. YH’s evidence was the finding of empty bottles of sedatives. Now, why would a lawyer as smart as BSP leave evidence of his crime, empty bottles in his office? Empty bottles do not prove anything either with no fingerprinting of the bottles and what about the syringe which is more of the smoking gun and fingerprints on it? Why in the world will BSP carry his uncle on top of a roof to dispose of him and then let himself be found with his dead uncle unconscious himself? Unless Prosecutor Byun's intention is to have the whole trial thrown out by Judge Cha who may do it for lack of evidence and maintain her reputation as a "just" judge. 

The death of the uncle, accusation of BSP, jailing, and trial feels disconnected or feels more like a filler that is out of tracks/context for me. I was anticipating seeing more of the plans of revenge by the Lawless team. If there was going to be a trial, I would have wanted a trial of the bad guys. But that is just me. BSP losing people and getting physically and emotionally beaten is becoming too painful. I hope that in the next episodes, the Lawless team will wage a smarter battle of revenge and win some against AOJ and CMS. Maybe ep 10 will be better. Now, we are seeing the breaking of the 7 when all of them are in a contest to be at the top and CMS losing control of them.

I am glad though of the talk between JY and her father where she clarified her priorities and her feelings for BSP. At least the father brought her clothes to wear for the trial. I will not be surprised if those were bought by CMS and the father ordered to give to her.

20 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Just viewed episode 9 with subs and that the court trial of Bong Sang Pil was a cockamamie, bull of a court trial. For a judge who has been written up as one of the best of the legal eagles in Asia, CMS reputation is in question here when she allows such injudiciousness in her court. There is no real evidence proving guilt. Prosecutor Byun is supposed to be an ace prosecutor and what he presented as evidence is more of hearsay and did not prove anything and should have been thrown out or should have been contested by the defense. First, Byun showed a document showing the will of DW naming SP as his heir. DW the head of a big organization, would have had that will under lock with a hot shot, high paid consigliere/lawyer, who would have made the prosecution go through hoops to obtain the will and would have made himself available as a witness for the defense. And knowing DW being protective of SP and wanting to shield him from gang activities, I think that he would have stipulated in the will that BSP will only get his inheritance in the form of wealth and money and no involvement with his “organization”. Anybody, especially a lawyer can produce a will. Prosecutor Byun says that BSP wanted to be the head of his uncle’s organization, so he killed his uncle which does not make sense since SP is already named (according to the will produced by the prosecution) as the heir. If SP was contesting the will because he was not named in it or someone else was the beneficiary, then killing his uncle to get his wealth and organization makes sense. Prosecutor Byun also stated that he had once put Lawyer SP in jail which had nothing to do with the present case and the fact is Lawyer SP got out of jail because Prosecutor Byun could not prove his guilt. Everything that Byun presented was bull and considered as highly prejudicial hearsay and should have been deemed as inadmissible as well as contested by the defense. They were not hard evidence and only his prejudices. Highly prejudicial evidences are those that can cause the prejudice of witnesses to move for or against the accused and not backed by hard evidence proving it’s true worth. Byun did not present any hard evidence to back up his claims, he just presented an opinion of his, but then the defense did not contest it either. YH’s evidence was the finding of empty bottles of sedatives. Now, why would a lawyer as smart as BSP leave evidence of his crime, empty bottles in his office? Empty bottles do not prove anything either with no fingerprinting of the bottles and what about the syringe which is more of the smoking gun and fingerprints on it? Why in the world will BSP carry his uncle on top of a roof to dispose of him and then let himself be found with his dead uncle unconscious himself?

The death of the uncle, accusation of BSP, jailing and trial feels disconnected or feels more like a filler that is out of the tracks for me. I was anticipating seeing more of the plans of revenge by the Lawless team. If there was going to be a trial, I would have wanted a trial of the bad guys. But that is just me. BSP losing people and getting physically and emotionally beaten is becoming too painful. I hope that in the next episodes, the Lawless team will wage a smarter battle of revenge and win some against AOJ and CMS. Maybe ep 10 will be better. Now, we are seeing the breaking of the 7 when all of them are in a contest to be at the top and CMS losing control of them.

I am glad though of the talk between JY and her father where she clarified her priorities and her feelings for BSP. At least the father brought her clothes to wear for the trial. I will not be surprised if those were bought by CMS and the father ordered to give to her.

@zenya22  Execellent comment on the trail, JY is going to have to play dirty if she expects to win this trail.. I thought the prosecutors evidence was based on his past with BSP that he wasn't able to lock him behind bars then and wants to now as you mentioned..    

5 hours ago, allythefangirl said:

@allythefangirl  The actor playing AOJ I have seen him in a few movies the best character I seen him play was the leader of a bad gang in a seguk drama called warrior beak dong soo is were I got first introduce to him but he also has and attractive resume.. But his acting skills as the bad guy are pretty impressive.. Look up his name find some of his dramas and movies they all are very good.. 

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

From my point of view, DW's death had a fatal impact on the relationship between CMS and AOJ. From my point of view, CMS has decided to switch her ally and is about to abandon AOJ. Her reasons are that he didn't just obey her, he took his own initiative. AOJ has no longer the law on his side... moreover he lost his money as he had to give it to CBH's foundation. I have the impression that AOJ will be now forced to cooperate with BSP.

@bebebisous33  The dog ties are broken between her and the dog.. CMS knew AOJ would go to the hospital after BSP to rub salt in his wounds therefore killing two birds with one stone and looking honorable to JY is to have the new thugs kill BSP and AOJ take the fall for it..  

This also could be uncles men coming after BSP.

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

We were right in thinking last week that CMS wasn't exactly doing a happy dance when she heard that BSP got arrested. She's a snob and a megalomaniac... like it or not, she's riding on her father's coattails to some degree. Of course she likes to think she calls all the shots and so far she's competent enough to hold it together as long as she has. But she can't do it all on her own and she shouldn't let her snobbery become a problem when she's dealing with her underlings. There are certainly interesting internal contradictions in her character... and perhaps there will come a time I imagine when all those tensions will cause her to implode.

@40somethingahjumma  CMS isn't going to take to kindly of being caught with her and her father past becomes public.. Using that courtroom as a mockery to her profession and the law just to mention maybe retraying her past cases might send her over the edge.. I could see her killing herself in the end sort of like the warden in shaw shank redeemption.. She's one that's not going to go out or away lightly will she try and take JY with her is what I'm worried about. Thinking having everything taken away from her taking JY from BSP is her final act of evil to him.. The end justify the means..  Also are you watching sketch and life on mars..? Life on Mars is very interesting loved the first episode.. 

I guess a lot of people is watching live stream today.. Yesterday live stream was no problem today it's a big problem because I can't watch so bring on the clips from todays episode..

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

Execellent comment on the trail, JY is going to have to play dirty if she expects to win this trail.. I thought the prosecutors evidence was based on his past with BSP that he wasn't able to lock him behind bars then and wants to now as you mentioned..    

She does not have to play dirty, she just have to put in for a motion to dismiss the case for

1. not following legal procedures during the arrest. He was unconscious, so he was not read his rights, they should have brought him to the hospital first to make sure he is mentally and physically capable then read his rights

2. lack of evidence: a will not vetted to be from uncle, a witness who was standing quite far, a character opinion of SP from the prosecutor which is not linked to the present case 

I am sure many more will find examples of the prosecution violating the legal process. But I think those are enough to get the case dismissed so we can concentrate on getting the bad guys to prison

9 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

She does not have to play dirty, she just have to put in for a motion to dismiss the case for

1. not following legal procedures during the arrest. He was unconscious, so he was not read his rights, they should have brought him to the hospital first to make sure he is mentally and physically capable then read his rights

2. lack of evidence: a will not vetted to be from uncle, a witness who was standing quite far, a character opinion of SP from the prosecutor which is not linked to the present case 

I am sure many more will find examples of the prosecution violating the legal process. But I think those are enough to get the case dismissed so we can concentrate on getting the bad guys to prison

@zenya22  Yes thats what a competent lawyer would do but all the so called facts she could have objected to she didn't and she knew CMS would have excepted it as evidence.. To me even the jury looks shady I don't see how she she's going to win without getting behind the 8 ball here.. 

My thing is this prosecutor whats his deal BSP gave him the chance of a lifetime to set his career to and all time high ad yet he's prosecuting him with circumstantial evidence and past dealings with BSP.. I'm wondering is this a show that he's putting on to throw CMS and her thugs off his tail.  

Alkso I think I figured out why CMS went to the man that double crossed her dad.. I'm guessing it has something to do with the money that has been confiscated from the bank.

DW could have AOJ first right hand man hidden since he seems to have saw the big picture  

After reading the recap from https://www.dramamilk.com/lawless-lawyer-live-recap-episode-10/, we finally understand why CMS chose AOJ as mayor!! She had planned all along to get rid of AOJ. She needed his money. So their falling apart was not a consequence of AOJ's behaviour (not following orders). She just tried to get rid of two birds with one stone. This also outlines why the second-hand of the gang "believed" so easily that BSP was the killer. He became CMS's ally and wanted to become the new leader. In my opinion, he manipulated Scorpion, the other guy in the prison. Scorpion was a true follower of CDW and wanted BSP to become a lawyer and not a thug. He had the same wish than BSP's uncle unlike the other fellow. The latter is a proud thug and is ambitious. 

ALRIGHT IM BACK AFTER WATCHING EP 9.. 

first off holy moly bsp's grieving scene at his uncle's funeral!! LIKE OMG I CRIED TOO lee joon gi is such an amazing actor istg!!! 

ok im so living for sp and jy's loving stares at each other even when sp's heading to prison sigh love this couple

i was like HELL YEAH when she totally nailed that cross examination of the witness, DING DING DING 1 POINT FOR JAEYI. but then the other prosecutor started and there goes the one point darn it.

AND JY'S MOMMY OMG... felt so bad for her when jy don't recognized her at all.. but glad that she's on the "defeat CMS" game as well WOOTS we need lotsa hands man!!

ok im a little confused with the preview like OMG SUDDENLY SP AND AOJ ARE WORKING TOGETHER???? LIKE WOAH HOLD UP

can't wait for ep 10 subs!!!! ^^

First of all WOW!!! so many twists in episode 10, and i was actually cheering for AOJ??? what's this drama doing to me? when my poor BSP will stop suffering? (both phsical and mental pain)... i need subs so badly to know what's really happening

23 hours ago, insamgoguma said:

Edit: LOL!!! The clip that HJY said “tou look like my mom” while taking picture of NHJ :)) tvN literally put “WHY DONT YOU KNOW! WHY!” in the title :))) tvN could be hilarious sometimes 

lol. thank you for he info... i never thought of checking the names of the videos. tvN is so funny

18 hours ago, kjoy said:

There's so much power play, animosity and distrust among AOJ, CMS, NSJ and KYH at this point that SP and JY could honestly probably sit back and let them destroy themselves. 

Yes but we know BSP want to it himself

7 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@antoniaclamens @triplem (I hope this answers to your last post) @evie7 @sava2sava

Now that I have watched the episode 9, I finally understand why AOJ had to kill CDW and frame BSP for his murder. I have been even thinking that CDW might have planned his death all along hence he came without any man from his gang. He knew that BSP would annoy AOJ so much that AOJ would have searched for a way to get rid of his enemy hence he chose to become AOJ's target instead of his nephew. That's why he asked BSP if he didn't want to give up on his revenge. AOJ chose CDW because he was his biggest supporter and protector. With CDW's murder, BSP would have no longer any protection. But killing CDW meant declaring war to the DG gang and this is a powerful gang that's why he had to frame BSP so that the gang would retaliate against BSP. He avoids to become the target of the deceased uncle's gang. 

so he was willing to sacrifice himself and die from the start? there must be some other way for such a poweful ganster as he was... i know he would do anything for SP but why he had to die? Of course i understand why AOJ decided to kill uncle, he said he had 2 possibles victims: uncle JY, but he really can't kill or harm JY. i don't think CMS would stand it

7 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

On the other hand, CDW's death makes BSP realize what his uncle meant by "revenge calls for more revenge". Now, he is himself the target of the gang who seeks revenge for his uncle's murder. In my opinion, although BSP knew that CMS was the one who ordered his mother's killing, BSP resented AOJ more than CMS. Notice that BSP was more trying to take down AOJ than CMS as he thought that once AOJ is caught and arrested, CMS's crimes will resurface. However, BSP made a mistake from my point of view and we witnessed it in the episode 9. CMS has been thinking about cutting ties with AOJ who represents a source of danger for her. Like a hunter, when a hunt dog doesn't listen to his master, the hunter kills his hunting hound and gets a new one. That's why she met this politician. Moreover, we learn that her father CBH had been betrayed in the past... I guess the politician CMS met must have been a former gang leader as well hence CMS decided to never trust anyone. By abandoning AOJ, she can kill two birds with one stone:

- Since AOJ knows all her dirty secrets therefore in the episode 9 he warned her, she can get rid of her past and her weakness

- she gets a new supporter and "dog". Since she knows what the politician did in the past, she is aware that she needs to be cautious and not make the same mistake as her father. Moreover, I can sense that she will benefit from it. 

So when BSP let Scorpion stab him, he ensured that the gang would realize that he was not the killer as he was willing to pay "the crime" with his body. It was as if he accepted the anger from the gang (the idea of revenge) hence the revenge becomes pointless. 

Great analisys and i think you are right... i'd like to see more of CBH story...

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

After reading the recap from https://www.dramamilk.com/lawless-lawyer-live-recap-episode-10/, we finally understand why CMS chose AOJ as mayor!! She had planned all along to get rid of AOJ. She needed his money. So their falling apart was not a consequence of AOJ's behaviour (not following orders). She just tried to get rid of two birds with one stone. This also outlines why the second-hand of the gang "believed" so easily that BSP was the killer. He became CMS's ally and wanted to become the new leader. In my opinion, he manipulated Scorpion, the other guy in the prison. Scorpion was a true follower of CDW and wanted BSP to become a lawyer and not a thug. He had the same wish than BSP's uncle unlike the other fellow. The latter is a proud thug and is ambitious. 

lol. when uncle left for Gisung second-hand gave an onminious look, didn't he? at that time i was wondering if i was just overthinking. now we know what his true intentions were (do we? i'm never sure with this drama) jail thugh seems sincere though. CMS is really an smart evil mind, she planned everything and I (and AOJ) can finally understand why she decided AOJ would be major... i'm so happy AOJ finally figured it all out. it has to be the breaking point... 

7 hours ago, zenya22 said:

@zenya22  Wow the ending to this episode was epic a kick in CMS face and just as you mentioned all the lack of evidence.. I hope AOJ brings this to her attention since he walk in the courtroom telling everyone in there that BSP isn't the culprit.. The doness didn't see this one coming after trying to kill BSP and AOJ.. I guess she'll throw it out now..   

The look on YH and CMS faces were priceless I tell you just priceless.. Both had the look on there faces of WTF.. I called it JY got behind the 8 ball..

5 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

so he was willing to sacrifice himself and die from the start? there must be some other way for such a poweful ganster as he was... i know he would do anything for SP but why he had to die? Of course i understand why AOJ decided to kill uncle, he said he had 2 possibles victims: uncle JY, but he really can't kill or harm JY. i don't think CMS would stand it

@antoniaclamens  At this point AOJ knows JY isn't the person to get to..  Also killing DW was the wrong move..He has figured out Mdm Choi is going to kill him harmong JY has nothing to do with it.. If he want to survive he's going to need to be on the side of JY amd BSP to back up his claim to the Don and Doness crimes..

From Joon Gi, original post:

Translation

Just dropping this too(one of many to come) because they rock:wub:.They have given us so many gif worthy moments in this ep 10.

Just look at how she is rubbing the back of his neck:wub:

tumblr_pa4os8k8LJ1qb8bmoo4_400.gif

21 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I can't say I know much about SK judicial system or maybe it's just the way things are done in corrupt Gi Sung but it was hard to stomach all the ridiculous stuff that went on in Episode 9. Isn't it a bit obvious and easy that the murderer of a major gangland leader would be found so easily? A trained lawyer that defends gang members would just leave evidence lying around so that anyone can just walk in and find it? Surely if he was really going to kill his uncle, he would do a much better job of hiding the anaesthetic and the weapon? Do cops and prosecutors in Gi Sung think that catching murderers is really that simple? And then the witness thinks he can see the face of the murderer from that distance. Doesn't anyone with half a brain think that it's all very suspicious? I don't doubt that there are stupid murderers in this world but BSP just got a former police officer off a murder charge. He must know how the way things work to cover his tracks. Again, there's another case of an overabundance of evidence and only one cop really cares about the truth.

19 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Just viewed episode 9 with subs and that the court trial of Bong Sang Pil was a cockamamie, bull of a court trial. For a judge who has been written up as one of the best of the legal eagles in Asia, CMS reputation is in question here when she allows such injudiciousness in her court. There is no real evidence proving guilt. Prosecutor Byun is supposed to be an ace prosecutor and what he presented as evidence is more of hearsay and did not prove anything and should have been thrown out or should have been contested by the defense. First, Byun showed a document showing the will of DW naming SP as his heir. DW the head of a big organization, would have had that will under lock with a hot shot, high paid consigliere/lawyer, who would have made the prosecution go through hoops to obtain the will and would have made himself available as a witness for the defense. And knowing DW being protective of SP and wanting to shield him from gang activities, I think that he would have stipulated in the will that BSP will only get his inheritance in the form of wealth and money and no involvement with his “organization”. Anybody, especially a lawyer can produce a will. Prosecutor Byun says that BSP wanted to be the head of his uncle’s organization, so he killed his uncle which is unreasonable since SP is already named (according to the will produced by the prosecution) as the heir. [...]

@zenya22 @40somethingahjumma @triplem @sava2sava @antoniaclamens @NoonaE

The two comments have something in common. They criticize how ridiculous the trial is and indirectly implies that the writer should have done a better work. However, since I have a totally different approach (I am a History teacher), the trial didn't bother me at all. For me, we should see Kiseong as a city under a dictatorship hence trials where innocent people are killed by the law always look ridiculous. Let me give an example. When Stalin was ruling over the Sowjetunion, there is a period called the Great Terror (1936-1938). From 1936 onwards, a series of major trials indicted most of the country's political, economic and military leaders: half of the members of the Party's political bureau were thus arrested, convicted and shot. In 2 years, 1.5 million of people are convicted and sent to goulags and more than 650.000 executed. When you read the protocols of such trials, you will be shocked how ridiculous the interrogation was conducted, what kind of evidence was used against the accused. Let give one example: Zelenski who was in charge of agricultural cooperation is accused of sabotage. When the prosecutor interrogates him, he always repeats exactly what the prosecutor says with his "questions".

The prosecutor Vychinski: " Your organisation tried to arouse public discontent. Is that what you were aiming for?

Zelenski: "That's what we were aiming for." (...)

The prosecutor Vychinski: "Were there cases where members of your organization put crushed glass in butter? 
Zelenski: "There were cases where crushed glass was found in the butter."

As you can read, this is really ridiculous. Someone was even condemned for sabotage due to rotten eggs!! The accused just repeats because he has been tortured before. 

But these trials were not closed to the public. What you read above, comes from a public interrogation of the third trial in MoscowPeople could come and hear everything. And do you think that the public questioned the authenticity of such trials? No, not really... These trials were often mentioned in the news and the persons were already convicted by the public through the news!! And that's what is exactly happening in Kiseong. The news are reporting that BSP was caught red-handed at the crime scene hence people are manipulated to believe that BSP is the killer. This explains why we are shown the news in the background. So in the source above, people witnessed his confession which reinforced their belief that the accused had done something wrong. 

CMS is a dictator and as such, she gives the image of a good mother. Stalin's nickname was indeed "The little father of the people". Yet he is responsible for the death of many people. Here we have CMS being called Mother Theresa. Stalin purged the party in order to maintain his position that's why there was this Great terror. He was scared that someone would become powerful. Notice that this is exactly CMS is doing. She makes sure that no one tries to steal the power from her. Striking is that just like in the Sowjetunion where the number of Politburo plenary sessions decreased so much under Stalin (1936: 9 / 1939: 2) indicating that his power increased so much, we hear from AOJ that the meetings of  Club 7 are less and less.  We have the same evolution, CMS is getting more and more power. Don't forget that she wants to surpass her father. She is a dangerous manipulator, a really ruthless and cunning person. So in my opinion, she is well aware of NSJ's true intention therefore I have the feeling that she will get rid of NSJ at some point. 

Hello! first of all thanks @bebebisous33 for tagging me. I had (and unfortunately in the coming weeks still have) to deal with grading students' final term projects so I barely had time to catch up. anyway, finally i got time to watch the last two episodes with subs today. indeed BSP's trials looked ridiculous and reminded me of Detective Woo's trials before BSP took over with the perfectly fabricated evidences and witnesses. I wasn't surprised at all and I also think it was deliberately made so by the writer, just to show us how justice works in Giseong~ the end result has always been clear: it depends on Judge Cha (and her minions). It looks perfect from the outside but we all know it's rotten even from the root.

I felt a bit *only a bit not too much lol* sympathy towards AOJ. He has been craving for ''equal treatment'' from the A-list people in Giseong- this orphan thug who had worked his a** off to build a business empire so that he can be one of those A-listers. Only now he realises that it's not possible. He's only a 'dog'  for those people (esp. CMS) no matter what kind of high position he's holding and will remain so. He's not irreplaceable, either. Now that Uncle Dae Woong's right-hand man is also siding with CMS, the 'dirty works' AOJ (and his thugs) used to do for CMS can be handled by the Dae Woong gang. I don't think the right-hand man wants to kill SP purely to take a revenge for Uncle DW- he might have wanted to be the #1 person in the gang himself anyway. Everybody has his/ her own ambition like that.

Concerning JY's mother, I'm still wondering what she's planning to do. Of course being CMS's masseuse won't be her long-term goal? I hope she won't be too naive and at least she has thought about something.

One last thing that intrigues me is CMS's 'obsession' for JY. From Ep 11 preview, we heard her saying something like: "if your mother is alive, will you go back to what you were?". I got the impression that she still wants to look good in front of JY; she still wants her to be her people. I still don't get why... she already has YH but she still wants JY.

Archived