[Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사

Admin

9 hours ago, persianrose said:
  • Do you think judge CMS might have some sort of mental disorder such as Obsessive–compulsive disorder, considering how she felt after JY’s father left, and how she sanitized her hands after visiting the orphanage…
  • I wonder why she is so obsessed with HJY?! Considering that she’s not married herself and has no children, she might considered her as her daughter or some sort of prodigy!

I do think that CMS's actions here is a reflection to how she views herself. She thinks she is a class above everyone else. Her psyche is very similar to that of a cult leader ( in some ways the reverence of the entire town for her father is very much like a religion or cult of sorts, she's  the "high priestess") . CMS like many cult leaders is a narcissist.  They place a lot of importance on self , which means they do not like to be scrutinised or told that they are wrong ( see how she hates being challenged by AOJ, very interesting power play between the two) . Disinfecting her hands & her house after interactions with the "common folk" , shows she thinks that she is "unique'' - more entitled than everyone else , another common trait in cult leaders. And like cult leaders ( and those with a narcissistic personality disorder), they may lack empathy for others but have a strong need for admiration.  Hence she is seemingly obsessed with Jae Yi, because in the past 18 years JY adored  and adulated her. Many cult leaders are generally very charismatic and authoritarian at the same time. So people tend to blindly trust and follow them. ( edit : like JY’s dad)  They often use their charms to get followers to obey but when charms don't work , they will use coercive ways of controlling their followers.  And now that JY has turned her back on her, it is very natural for her to try and bring JY back to her side first by lifting her suspension.  But be prepared for her to want to destroy JY later on ,when she realises she can't control her anymore.

Really liked eps 8. Shed some tears at the birthday celebration for JY's mum and also when SP's uncle got killed. This drama is fast paced and I like it. Not a boring moment. CMS's reaction to the news of BSP's uncle's murder shows that AOJ is not the dog that she thinks she can control. I was surprised he agreed to donate the shares to her father's funds. I guess he didn't have a choice. But on the side , he is also showing her that he does not really consider her his master. I also like the treatment of the  romance here -  very sweet and matured. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, aishiteru_amie said:

does CMS knows she was one of the reason JY's mom left? JY's mom wasnt in the plan to be killed. she was there are the wrong time. and the family seems to have a good connection? but JY appa is so not cool. how can he trust outsider more than his daughter? i wonder what will happen next. 

i wonder if the uncle already has plan something before his death, he couldnt be so stupid to left without any plan knowing how things are in kiseong rite? after all he is so protective over SP. i cant wait for the next epi!! its still 4 days to go!!

It was in the plan for JY's mom to be killed, she took the pictures of CMS/AOJ killing that man and was working with BSP's mother. 

I hope Dae Woong had a plan because right now, how everything played out is still not sitting right with me. 

15 minutes ago, kjoy said:

It was in the plan for JY's mom to be killed, she took the pictures of CMS/AOJ killing that man and was working with BSP's mother. 

I hope Dae Woong had a plan because right now, how everything played out is still not sitting right with me. 

ikr. like he just enter the trap while knowing how he might end up in the end.

i really hope he already prepared everything to at least help SP when he wasnt around anymore

SP really need some big forces to help him in getting his revenge 

13 hours ago, violina said:

BSP is fast securing his nomination for "kdrama boyfriend of the year 2018"

Exhibit 1(and more to come..he has done many "good boyfriend" worthy things in this episode)

8 hours ago, triplem said:

I also like the treatment of the  romance here -  very sweet and matured

8 hours ago, NoonaE said:

here's my favourite BongHa gif of the week :wub:

Agreed.This writer and director can teach a thing or two to some of their colleagues about writing and directing romance storyline.This is not even a romance drama but the romance so far  is sensual, poignant and lovely to watch.Kudos to the writer..he has inproved so much from drama remember.

Continuing exhibit 2 of BSP as nominee for "boyfriend of the year"

caress + wipe away gf tears

tumblr_p9th6orTLz1snsg9go6_400.gif

back hug

tumblr_p9r8llK6dA1vqlkb3o10_r1_400.gif

front hug

tumblr_p9th6orTLz1snsg9go10_400.gif

22 hours ago, violina said:

Ok can we talk about this though:wub:?Kissing a man's forehead has never looked so beautiful.The feeling is different than when its viceversa but either way its super romantic.

@violinaYes, let us talk about the date....perfect, perfect day.

It began with an assertive, me Tarzan, you Jane let’s go vine hanging. But that was done to clarify and declare to all and country that he,  BSP is JY’s man and she JY, his woman. And the day turned out amazingly sweet. JY had once told SP a secret longing she may have kept to herself all these years, that she had stopped playing the harmonica because on the day her mother disappeared mom had gone to buy JY a harmonica to play for her performance at school. There is such openness and trust from JY to be able to talk about what hurts her heart to this sweet, sweet man, something she may not have been able to talk about even to her father. She felt guilty about not having been able to do anything for her mother like celebrating her birthday. Because her mother had disappeared and not knowing what happened to her, there was never a closure for her. SP had said to her that she was young and there was nothing she could have done about it. But he goes further to soothe, comfort and love her with a date. He bought her an outfit and flowers and then walked her to this scenic park where he surprised her with a cake and candles. He told her they will celebrate her mom’s birthday. What woman could resist such sensitivity? She was utterly undone, in tears because maybe for the first time in a long time someone totally understood her feelings with no judgement. Her response was a most gracious kiss on the forehead. He looked at her with such tenderness, caressed her face, wiped her tears and so gently , tenderly, slowly kissed her. He then took her to what it seems an overlook high above where he must have presented her the harmonica to play and she played to her heart’s content and because they were high above, the music will be carried to wherever mom maybe. As she was playing the harmonica he gives her a back hug enveloping her, assuring her of his loving presence. This is a day dedicated to JY where he gave all of himself for JY. This man could melt a stone heart. Did somebody say that writer Nim is a man? He is a man who understands women.  That is why I have hopes that the ending will be written as beautifully and happily for this two lovebirds. Can I ask writer Nim for another romantic date for the ending?

And yes, BONG SANG PIL is the best drama boyfriend..... I agree 

1 hour ago, zenya22 said:

@violina

And yes, BONG SANG PIL is the best drama boyfriend..... I agree 

Oooh... I don't know about that... I think he'll have some stiff competition from Ye Jae Wook from A Poem a Day. :wink: 

Hmmmm... Martial arts... poetry and food... martial arts... poetry and food... martial arts... poetry and food

I think I will need to think this through a lot more...

-_-

Did somebody say that writer Nim is a man? He is a man who understands women.  

@zenya22 kkk yes.... I was the one saying that previously. Now it's kinda safe to say that he's been listening to viewers' reactions about the romance part in Ep 6 and offer a slightly different approach in Ep 8 :D. If you guys remember the Stats from TNMS that I quoted yesterday, I was just informed by a fellow fan that the 9.9 % rating peak for Episode 8 was generated from 40 y.o-s female viewers. Haha... so it might have worked out better, I think? and we can guess which scenes it was from :D.

*whistling* *oh oh... I don't hope that it turns out to be peaking at the last scene... ouch... :bawling:*

By the way, a couple of days ago, I happened to come across a review of Ep 6 written on a quite famous drama website. The writer criticized the 'weird' romance scene and went as far as saying "'Jae Yi only needs a hug and anything beyond that would be borderline rape''. Ok. I know that the drama isn't perfect, but errrr... I thought Jae Yi was the one initiating the contact and it seemed consensual and mutual? I am also a bit 'offended' on Jae Yi's behalf... lol... she's not a whiny type and she's very aware of her feelings and conducts~ this is what makes her unique and rather different from the usual 'damsel-in-distress' main character. Simply saying that she cannot make a decision over what she wants to do with her mind and body (as well as a relationship) would be borderline undermining. Anyways... to each his/ her own (two cents). I'm still happy with my proactive girlfriend Jae Yi :D

47 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

martial arts... poetry and food

-_-

@40somethingahjumma what if Sang Pil comes up with poetry and food later on, too? hahahaha

7 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Oooh... I don't know about that... I think he'll have some stiff competition from Ye Jae Wook from A Poem a Day. :wink: 

Hmmmm... Martial arts... poetry and food... martial arts... poetry and food... martial arts... poetry and food

-_-

Oh I am sure you do know I am with you on this...YJW for me....:lol:. I do love a man who can fight of course...but I think I like food and quiet days more as I get older. It will stress me out trying to bail my man out of jail all the time.

Did somebody say that writer Nim is a man? He is a man who understands women

Not to mention...i might be speaking too soon but we are halfway through the drama and Ha Jae Yi still hasnt lost her spunk..This is always my pet peeve with kdramas.No matter how sassy the female leads are in the beginning.Somehow, when they fall in love..they lose their brain and their spirit or generally around ep 5 or 6 you find they are just going through the motions and just playing kind of a supporting character to the male lead.This hasnt happened yet in this drama.

a.she is still smacking food at him(although it was sweet and cute than funny compared to ep 3 and 4:D)

tumblr_p9r8llK6dA1vqlkb3o4_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_p91yvgoqVl1s7v19go4_r1_400.gif

tumblr_p97lfltWAd1t2b7cuo6_400.gif

This was funny too...her temper is still very strong:D.Look at the way she flung her heel at him

tumblr_p9th6orTLz1snsg9go4_400.gif

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

-_-

Haha so funny.Dude from Pretty Noona is also a worthy contender(although the drama was not my cup of tea).But am biased so I need to plead my case:D...

Exhibit 3 of Boyfriend of the year

He is in tune with her emotions.He knows she must be feeling crappy from fighting with her dad:

What does he do? He tries to makes her laugh.(But why do I feel this bit was ad-libbed?Like it was not in the script but they improvised it and director ok-ed it?)

tumblr_p9th6orTLz1snsg9go3_400.gif

But the all around sweetness, gentleness, fun of your relationship and of course the making up bit later with your Adonis of a man would sorta  make up for enduring the occasional gangster kidnapping or Visiting your man in the pen right?  

42 minutes ago, NoonaE said:

By the way, a couple of days ago, I happened to come across a review of Ep 6 written on a quite famous drama website. The writer criticized the 'weird' romance scene and went as far as saying "'Jae Yi only needs a hug and anything beyond that would be borderline rape''. Ok. I know that the drama isn't perfect, but errrr... I thought Jae Yi was the one initiating the contact and it seemed consensual and mutual? I am also a bit 'offended' on Jae Yi's behalf... lol... she's not a whiny type and she's very aware of her feelings and conducts~ this is what makes her unique and rather different from the usual 'damsel-in-distress' main character. Simply saying that she cannot make a decision over what she wants to do with her mind and body (as well as a relationship) would be borderline undermining. Anyways... to each his/ her own (two cents). I'm still happy with my proactive girlfriend Jae Yi

HUH???? That is some over reaction. Wierd romance? What was weird about that? JY is a grown woman who knows and speaks her mind. At that scene, he gave her a lot of time to say no. He stood there with his arms down and when he turned around he pushed her out a bit, she was the one who caressed his face, When he hugged her and told her that they the path they will travel is not easy, she just said I know and hugged him more. JY is not the kind of person that will let herself be taken advantage of. She knows her own mind. She could have backed away after the hug but she did not. She did not seem to have regrets later. 

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

-_-

Now, am going to watch A Poem a Day 

@zenya22 ikr?! that cute 'morning after' incidence with Geum Siblings and their knowing smiles later. i thought to myself at that time: dude, did we really watch the same drama or did you just write this just because of some emerging ''disagreeing comments''? :expressionless:

@violina that 'massage chair' scene seemed to be ad-libs indeed. I love Jae Yi/ Ye Ji's unguarded laughter :D

Borderline rape? There is nothing borderline about rape, it either is or it isn't. I could see saying she was vunerable/emotional but even that doesn't mean she didn't have enough self-awareness about herself and/or the moment. JY knows herself and definitely knows/isn't afraid to stop something if it isn't what she wants. I do however think that saying she initiated contact is a bit close to saying 'did you see what she was wearing?' She initiated a hug, she responded to a kiss. 

@kjoy yeah that’s why I disagreed with the review not because it criticized the romance plot but because of that ‚borderline rape‘ thingy. To me a rape is a rape, regardless of the gender as well. I didn’t see that happening at all in Ep 6. The ‚initiating contact‘ that I wrote might be an ambiguous term, I apologize for that if it somehow came out as offensive~ I didn’t mean it to degrade JY‘s action into a negative connotation; probably an inappropriate diction on my side. 

1 hour ago, NoonaE said:

@kjoy yeah that’s why I disagreed with the review not because it criticized the romance plot but because of that ‚borderline rape‘ thingy. To me a rape is a rape, regardless of the gender as well. I didn’t see that happening at all in Ep 6. The ‚initiating contact‘ that I wrote might be an ambiguous term, I apologize for that if it somehow came out as offensive~ I didn’t mean it to degrade JY‘s action into a negative connotation; probably an inappropriate diction on my side. 

Don't worry about it. My statement wasn't meant to come off as pointed at you specifically, but just the idea in general that initiating contact means anything. I've seen far too many similar comments in general that have never sat right with me. 

7 hours ago, zenya22 said:

By the way, a couple of days ago, I happened to come across a review of Ep 6 written on a quite famous drama website. The writer criticized the 'weird' romance scene and went as far as saying "'Jae Yi only needs a hug and anything beyond that would be borderline rape''.

tumblr_obuhs22nv71vayxj5o1_500.gif

I dont know whether to laugh or be mad at the absurdity of this opinion? Anyways, the beauty of opinions is that I dont have to agree with them.This is definitely one of them.I mean how can someone watch that scene and brand Bong Sang Pil as a rapist?!!!

7 hours ago, zenya22 said:

HUH???? That is some over reaction.

7 hours ago, kjoy said:

Borderline rape? There is nothing borderline about rape, it either is or it isn't. I could see saying she was vulnerable/emotional but even that doesn't mean she didn't have enough self-awareness about herself and/or the moment.

Not to mention, Bong Sang Pil was kind of in a similar mental state as her.stressed, sad and in need of comfort.She was comforting him as much as he was comforting her.These bloggers need to be careful about throwing such a serious word/crime around. I am sorry but this is the sort of gibberish I would see a SJW writing on tumblr.

Let me also commend the director and writer for not inserting the following: wrist grabs, forced kisses, forced hug etc..you know the creepy stuff they usually did in the past to show the male lead's feelings for the girl.Maybe it could be the effect of #metoo movement or the two know how to create a gentleman character.

Not to make light but he or she as well having a warped perspective on relationships must not have seen very many Korean dramas to think this scene was Rapey ... BOF anyone? As well a countless  forced kisses and wrist grabs. But These two people are relationship goals in real life. 

Archived