[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

6 hours ago, Aari sky said:

Another example of whitewashing JH in the drama.. in the book JH is quite confident abt her beauty and tries to seduce DH with it (and fails horribly) but for the sake of making JH look like a sympathetic character they added that scene of her crying infront of a mirror in the drama..

It also reminds of Su Jin so much in TMOPB. 

Hmm, I wonder, what if AL played Su Jin, and MH is Ji Heng instead? Will these two characters still be as well portrayed? :)

I've also often wondered what if Xuan Nu actress is the Su Jin, and vice versa. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

On 3/10/2019 at 6:47 PM, jimmylyne said:

I really wish the production included the "Flying vessel( small bowl )" incident scene.. after Xiao Yan fell off the stairs and cried "who the bastard, trying to murder me" and Donghua replied " sorry my hand slipped" and then sweets little Ah Li said " woah it's slipped pretty far".:joy: 

Poor Xiao Yan ...luckily the flying Vessel was already empty ...otherwise Xiao Yan will be wet with Ji Heng's soup.

Come to think of it, wishing now in that scene that the bowl flew smack to XY's head and JH's soup poured all over him. :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

51 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Come to think of it, wishing now in that scene that the bowl flew smack to XY's head and JH's soup poured all over him. :joy:

I was disappointed seeing the scene in the drama. In the book I can't stop laughing reading it, but when I watched it I was like "oh, that's not funny at all". 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pawla said:

I was disappointed seeing the scene in the drama. In the book I can't stop laughing reading it, but when I watched it I was like "oh, that's not funny at all". 

I agree that it was a bit anticlimactic in the series, when surely they could have been done it easily? Say, if it's difficult for special effects, XY could have caught the mug above his head, but it is upside down, so soup poured over his head and face. Then a small lick, and he says it's delicious?

I'm in the first 100 pages coz I've a kid who likes FJ and DH illustrations, for her own sketches. :lol:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Back then we're predicted what scenes we are love to see. My prediction was included these two scenes , one was flying vessel (which's guite disappointing but at least JH's got to see that her soup was not:"that special" since DH gave it to XY) and two was when FJ unconsciously pinched DH's thigh.

PB1 page 255

Fengjiu sipped her tea and felt as if she was floating in a dream. But next to her, Jiheng's steady gaze at Donghua was so very real. She couldn't determine truth from dream. After some consideration, she gave herself a

pinch. It didn't hurt. She must be dreaming then, she thought.

She pinched herself again. Donghua's voice came from above: “How convenient you choose your pinching spot.” Fengjiu looked down at her frozen hand which was placed on Donghua's thigh.

She quietly retrieved her hand and dryly laughed: “I was helping to smooth out your wrinkled garment, Your Majesty.”

And also I was disappointed they didn't included the scenes , the possessive DH where he's burning XY's hand. DH was mad when he saw XY cuddled FJ as baby fox.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

3 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Back then we're predicted what scenes we are love to see. My prediction was included these two scenes , one was flying vessel (which's guite disappointing but at least JH's got to see that her soup was not:"that special" since DH gave it to XY) and two was FJ unconsciously pinched DH's thigh.

PB1 page 255

Fengjiu sipped her tea and felt as if she was floating in a dream. But next to her, Jiheng's steady gaze at Donghua was so very real. She couldn't determine truth from dream. After some consideration, she gave herself a

pinch. It didn't hurt. She must be dreaming then, she thought.

She pinched herself again. Donghua's voice came from above: “How convenient you choose your pinching spot.” Fengjiu looked down at her frozen hand which was placed on Donghua's thigh.

She quietly retrieved her hand and dryly laughed: “I was helping to smooth out your wrinkled garment, Your Majesty.”

And also I was disappointed they didn't included the scenes , the possessive DH where he's burning XY's hand. DH was mad when he saw XY cuddled FJ as baby fox.

You guys were amazing and amazingly patient.  :love: About DH burning XY's hand, I really would have liked to see him too in carrot colours outfit. :joy: 

Unfortunately, this scene wasn't in the series, nor he wore something that made him look like a carrot. It was replaced by him getting surprised that FJ was a nine-tailed red fox, and finding out she was the Qing Qiu princess from a seething DH because XY's in her room. :sweat_smile:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

You guys were amazing and amazingly patient.  :love: About DH burning XY's hand, I really would have liked to see him too in carrot colours outfit. :joy: 

Unfortunately, this scene wasn't in the series, nor he wore something that made him look like a carrot. It was replaced by him getting surprised that FJ was a nine-tailed red fox, and finding out she was the Qing Qiu princess from a seething DH because XY's in her room. :sweat_smile:

FJ's pov on XY's outfit

He looked exactly like a giant carrot
freshly pulled out from the snow.:joy:

I was helping to smooth out your wrinkled garment, Your Majesty.” - FJ:D

i was always amazed by FJ how spontaneously FJ invented a reasons. Her mind and reasons always so creative . DH also always be entertaining and amused by FJ's behaviour whenever she's around.

Maybe DH should look into miaohua mirror everytime he wanted to see how mischievous FJ is in the Qingqiu. Didn't DH wanted to know how was Xiao Bai's look when she was a baby..he uttered those words with his dreamy expression..

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

11 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

I was helping to smooth out your wrinkled garment, Your Majesty.” - FJ:D

i was always amazed by FJ how spontaneously FJ invented a reasons. Her mind and reasons always so creative . DH also always be entertaining and amused by FJ antics whenever she's around.

Maybe DH should look into miaohua mirror everytime he wanted to see how mischievous FJ is in the Qingqiu. Didn't DH wanted to know how was Xiao Bai's look when she was a baby..he uttered those words with his dreamy expression..

She's nimble minded. Proof she isn't lacking in the brains department. FJ does it too in a way that's so smooth and natural. She can give lectures on grace under pressure. :lol: 

For some reason, when DH was asking how did FJ look as a baby, it was like he already felt that there'll be a miniature of either him or her in three years time. And that dreamy look is of eagerness to soon have his very own family and bundle of joy in his arms.

About FJ's mischievous streak:

Spoiler

She might be known as troublemaker, but bestie was way, way more, when it comes to creating chaos. :phew:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

On 5/6/2020 at 12:03 AM, MayanEcho said:

I wish they stopped at when DH told her in front of XY and Xu Yang that she will be treated and be back as a demon princess, in exchange of cutting all kinds of association. The part when he said whether she lives or she dies doesn't have anything to do with him anymore was so cold. IMO, there was no need to show that she was kept in Xu Yang's safe place, and I really detest that rambling, way too long HEA of hers.

In the book, I don’t think Xuyang was receptive to welcoming his Sister back. Dong Hua had to use the Miaohua glass to bribe him to do so. Even so, Jiheng is a disgrace to the clan after she purposefully ran away from the wedding. In the book version, I doubt she has a happy ending because Xiao Yan will marry someone else, and who would want to marry the disgraced princess Dong Hua dumped on their doorstep with distaste?

• Like 3

On 5/6/2020 at 8:43 PM, Ninky said:

I used to hate having to learn two languages. Now that I am able to read original Chinese literature, it is actually a blessing and not a curse to be fully bilingual. Aside from Chinese literature, I also read extensively in the English Language. 

I sucked at Mother Tongue classes and looked forward to university since it meant the end of Chinese tution. Oh sure I still watched Singaporean Chinese dramas with English subtitles. But the constant struggle to get through the exams and time spent on tution didn’t endear me to the subject. It isn’t until I get hooked on Chinese movies like Red Cliff that I embrace my Chinese heritage (I was a big fan of Zhuge Liang)

now that I got hooked on Once Upon A Time in Uni and became a following fan of Liu Yifei and Yang Yang....I regretted not paying more attention in Chinese class because I can’t understand Weibo at all!

i even took electives on Chinese philosophy (Confucius was the easiest to understand out of the 3) and ancient Chinese history.

my Chinese is rusty but I still know the basics. What kills me is the intonation.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

4 minutes ago, Megan said:

In the book, I don’t think Xuyang was receptive to welcoming his Sister back. Dong Hua had to use the Miaohua glass to bribe him to do so. Even so, Jiheng is a disgrace to the clan after she purposefully ran away from the wedding. In the book version, I doubt she has a happy ending because Xiao Yan will marry someone else, and who would want to marry the disgraced princess Dong Hua dumped on their doorstep with distaste?

At this point, XY is still infatuated with JH. The next books will fix that. Xu Yang can't object either with DH treating her and returning JH as a princess in the demon realm.

You're right though, that she was a disgrace to her clan, right to the way she acted and behaved towards the Queen of Qing Qiu, and to the Emperor of East Lands.

Xu Yang can still arrange a marriage for her, since being a consort to the princess would still be attractive for some. 

• Like 3
  • Unamused 2

4 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

I was looking forward to this scene, it was one of my fav moment in the book.. in the beginning DH never gave much thought abt XY coz he knew XY liked JH, but this moment was like a wake-up call to DH coz even though XY liked someone else, XY and FJ being the naive idiots they are (in romance Dept) would end up sharing intimate moments (hugging, hanging out together) and the fact that XY could walk in & out of FJ room whenever he felt like it irritated DH on a different level and he immideatly decided to switch rooms :joy:

I also like how this is parallel to JH walking in and out of DH room whenever she felt like it.. by switching rooms DH stopped both of their advances (given that XY didn't have inappropriate thoughts abt FJ unlike that JH)

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Insightful 1

20 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

I was looking forward to this scene, it was one of my fav moment in the book.. in the beginning DH never gave much thought abt XY coz he knew XY liked JH, but this moment was like a wake-up call to DH coz even though XY liked someone else, XY and FJ being the naive idiots they are (in romance Dept) would end up sharing intimate moments (hugging, hanging out together) and the fact that XY could walk in & out of FJ room whenever he felt like it irritated DH on a different level and he immideatly decided to switch rooms :joy:

I also like how this is parallel to JH walking in and out of DH room whenever she felt like it.. by switching rooms DH stopped both of their advances (given that XY didn't have inappropriate thoughts abt FJ unlike that JH)

JH wasn't even that close to DH to  begin with that she can come and go his room, whereas FJ and XY are very good friends, as close enough as FJ is with Jing Wei, Bai Zhen's bird mount.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

31 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

For DH , that's not a big thing some random woman in his room as long as they didn't seat on his bed because he doesn't have to tossed them out. As for JH, since she was mean nothing to him , didn't interest him and maybe when JH enter his room DH was not in his room  because at night DH seemed to be doing preparation to purify Miaoyi chasm at the certain place . JH maybe thought DH was sleeping while she fixed the incenses in his room when actually nobodys there...imo.

Even after knowing the nature of XY and FJ friendships DH still feels jealous of XY but before they switched the place didn't XY telling FJ that DH "like" him .:lol:

PB1 page 242

“I don't know either. But basically I don't remember for how long we've
lived at this place. Because I don't remember, I told him six months or
thereabout. I was occupied with trying to recall the exact length of time
we've lived together so I didn't pay attention to him. By the time I turned
around, he had used the paralysis spell on me. He frowned and looked at
me for a long time, then out of nowhere said he liked me.”

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

For DH , that's not a big thing some random woman in his room as long as they didn't seat on his bed because he doesn't have to tossed them out. As for JH, since she was mean nothing to him , didn't interest him and maybe when JH enter his room DH was not in his room  because at night DH seemed to be doing preparation to purify Miaoyi chasm at the certain place . JH maybe thought DH was sleeping while she fixed the incenses in his room when actually nobodys there...imo.

JH found every opportunity to enter his room, she did that whenever she liked without considering whether it was day or night. Remember JH enters DH room at night when he was taking care of sick FJ!! The only reason he didn't kick JH out was because she is the daughter of his General and she always flaunted her poison as an excuse so switching room was the best approach!! If u think abt it JH skin is much thicker than DH for her to keep chasing the man who always treated her like a block of wood!!

• Unamused 2

21 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

JH found every opportunity to enter his room, she did that whenever she liked without considering whether it was day or night. Remember JH enters DH room at night when he was taking care of sick FJ!! The only reason he didn't kick JH out was because she is the daughter of his General and she always flaunted her poison as an excuse so switching room was the best approach!! If u think abt it JH skin is much thicker than DH for her to keep chasing the man who always treated her like a block of wood!!

The worst thing is, she won't own up to her shameless approaches.

Since he got married with FJ, he probably made sure no random females walked into 'their' bedroom.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

43 minutes ago, FoxontheMoon said:

Is there a link to translation?

I'm reading via the browser's auto translation of texts. It can be challenging, and requires patience, because what Google or MS coughs out is very crappy, and reading that way is slower - you'll have to give it more time to get the gist as you read through since the sentences construction are often not coherent.

However, previous posts of one of the ELOD translating team mentioned that they are translating, and would soon start posting Lotus Steps. :)

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

In the book . It was DH who asked JH "taking care of her" (FJ) in DH room but FJ already transform into baby fox the moment JH enter the room . In the drama JH didn't see anyone since FJ already sneaked out of the window.

The fact is JH such shallow person..she should get a clue that DH didn't want to do anything with her other than fullfilled his promised to JH's when DH said no need to served him as he said it's a "trivial matter"..

and... DH practically forced FJ to cook for him with variety type of fish dishes for today, tomorrow and the next...see the different.. hahaha.

• Like 5