[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

I just had a memory recall about a query of who we would rather sit next to at the dinner table: Umbridge or Voldemort.

that actually makes me compare these 2 Harry Potter villains with Jiheng and Zhihe.

Voldemort and Zhihe scare me. At first sight, I would immediately want to run or watch out for knives respectively. You just know with them, there is a possible chance you are going to die.

with Umbridge and Jiheng, they are the subtle type. They don’t get their hands dirty. They prefer to do manipulative work. The good news is at the dinner table, you don’t have to worry about getting killed. You just need to survive their insufferable and manipulative conversation. Also...you may not feel too bad about accidentally spilling a glass of wine on Umbridge. Sure she will get back at you, but since you’re already a target, why not get back at the toad who makes you write lines with a blood quill! These are the people who don’t attack in public.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxontheMoon said:

So FJ found out when she was in the mortal realm that the king is not DJ that's why she wrote the letter to the king as one of the concubine and the king gave her to QT?

If so why didn't she just left?

And also if its 3l3w

1 life is dh fj

2 life is aranya and Chenye

3rd life ?

Even if she found out it really wasn't DH at the mortal realm, FJ will not leave.

“Hey, do you understand what it means to create a trial?” she asked him. “I'm actually not the person in charge of creating trials. I just have crappy luck. I was supposed to come here to repay a favor, but I ended up running into my aunt who was changing the fate of someone and temporarily got involved.” She complained about the emperor to him: “Siming made me create a love trial for him. Do you know how much I've been suffering? Siming gave me a play as reference. I've done everything an ungrateful girl would do to injure a man, but he still loved me so unfalteringly.” She shivered in the cold. “I had no choice but to resort to this last attempt of writing a love letter to his imperial consort.” She sighed: “I've stooped this low, so tell me something, shouldn't he give me a strip of white silk or a cup of poisonous wine? What was he thinking when he gave me to you as a concubine? Now I don't even dare leave lest I implicate you.” (PB2, p449)

You can read more about the friendship of FJ as Consort Chen and Ye Qingti in the mortal realm in PB2, pp445-453.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Even if she found out it really wasn't DH at the mortal realm, FJ will not leave.

“Hey, do you understand what it means to create a trial?” she asked him. “I'm actually not the person in charge of creating trials. I just have crappy luck. I was supposed to come here to repay a favor, but I ended up running into my aunt who was changing the fate of someone and temporarily got involved.” She complained about the emperor to him: “Siming made me create a love trial for him. Do you know how much I've been suffering? Siming gave me a play as reference. I've done everything an ungrateful girl would do to injure a man, but he still loved me so unfalteringly.” She shivered in the cold. “I had no choice but to resort to this last attempt of writing a love letter to his imperial consort.” She sighed: “I've stooped this low, so tell me something, shouldn't he give me a strip of white silk or a cup of poisonous wine? What was he thinking when he gave me to you as a concubine? Now I don't even dare leave lest I implicate you.” (PB2, p449)

You can read more about the friendship of FJ as Consort Chen and Ye Qingti in the mortal realm in PB2, pp445-453.

Omg thanks for all this info!

But still where the does the 3l3w fall in for dh and fj?

Dh and fj

aranya n chenye

?????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Megan said:

These are the people who don’t attack in public.

Hmm, I'll be more wary of people who manipulate behind the scenes. They are harder to read, and it's more difficult analysing what they would do next.

Ex: DH's takedown of the sisters in Aranya's dream. He was treating Junou, but once she and Changdi schemed against FJ Aranya, DH struck back. He made sure they earned the wrath and closer watch of Xiangli Que. Later on one is exiled, the other almost executed.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

DH's takedown of the sisters in Aranya's dream. He was treating Junou, but once she and Changdi schemed against FJ Aranya, DH struck back. He made sure they earned the wrath and closer watch of Xiangli Que. Later on one is exiled, the other almost executed.

I almost forgot. Does anyone find the reason for the exile bizarre? I know the king was angry with the sisters for getting him into an embarrassing situation with Xize. But to use breaking a favourite lamp as an excuse for exile...^.^’

unless of course it was a sacred magic lamp, then i’d understand

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FoxontheMoon said:

Omg thanks for all this info!

But still where the does the 3l3w fall in for dh and fj?

Dh and fj

aranya n chenye

?????

The 3L3W doesn't really mean literally it's 3 lives. I has something to do with a Buddhist concept. If I remember correctly, it was discussed before in the forum either in the 500 or 600 something pages. Because if it is, then it will be DH and baby fox FJ, Aranya and SY, SXR (as mortal image of DH while he's in deep sleep) and Xiao Jiu, and DHDJ and BFJ.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

9 minutes ago, Megan said:

I almost forgot. Does anyone find the reason for the exile bizarre? I know the king was angry with the sisters for getting him into an embarrassing situation with Xize. But to use breaking a favourite lamp as an excuse for exile...^.^’

Or one-of-a-kind lamp. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

You know the scene where Dong Hua and Feng Jiu began smearing each other’s faces with cotton flower paste? I found it hot but this was probably a rare thing for Dong Hua because who would play with him this way when he was young. So it was a playful flirting before Feng Jiu recalled reality and insisted on going back to sleep.

some lines stuck out to me

She pushed Donghua down and used her other hand to spread Mufurong paste onto his forehead. His eyes were glimmering.

Dijun didn't resist her harassment. With little concern, he only said to her, “Didn't you say good things are to be shared? Why did you stop?” He took Fengjiu's retreating hand and placed it on his own face, looking calmly into her eyes during this entire process.

He was so happy on the inside! I gush.

• Like 4
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 1

On 4/23/2020 at 10:53 PM, Yori Ten said:

I can see where you are coming from and why you felt that there is a plot hole in the 3L3W universe. I will answer your first concern first but from the POV of PB because in ELoD, DH did go to the MR as a projection:

As I and the others have already mentioned, the mortal arc was written in the book as a plot device to have FJ indebted not to the Emperor but to YQT. From there, we get the story line going in which she had to steal the Saha fruit, fell into Aranya's dream, revived YQT, gave him half her cultivation, DH assigned him as his successor, FJ found out DH is going to perish purifying the MHY realm, FJ went to the rescue, the end. YQT in mortal arc was an important catalyst to the story but not the emperor. So, FJ dodging the blade for the emperor and YQT dodging the blade for FJ was a motion setting event, irregardless of who the emperor is, it is bound to happen according to the author's intent.

As for your second question, I think you have taken the title at its face value. 3 Lives 3 Worlds does not represent the 3 lifetimes and 3 world settings of the main characters in TQ's work. Many first associated this when TMOPB first aired when they relate the lives of SiYin, Susu and BQ as the 3 representative lifetime and world in 3L3W. That is not so.

Three lives three worlds is a buddhist concept. Briefly speaking, the three lives are the past life, present life and future life. The three worlds are the world of desires, world of forms and world of formlessness and it is closely related to rebirth or reincarnation. TQ used this concept to explain the concept of fate, destiny, the six sufferings, life and death. She weaved her stories around the 3L3W universe and it is evident in all her works. Therefore, there is no official representation of FJ and DH life and world setting in 3L3W. It is but a mainframe to tell her story. 

Hope this answers your question. :blush:

@FoxontheMoon above is the post from @Yori Ten an explaination about 3L3W.

Past life , present life and future life.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Dong Hua engineered their demise or almost. Chang Di went crazy after her exile. The ex master of the universe is still ruthless after all.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ninky said:

Dong Hua engineered their demise or almost. Chang Di went crazy after her exile. The ex master of the universe is still ruthless after all.

Especially when it comes to his Xiao Bai :) Not his Xiao Bai, never on his watch.

PS: Now in LS ch16. Netherworld lords mentioned :) Previous ch15, somebody's topped the Qing Qiu red devil in creating chaos. :phew: Which bears thinking, what will SW do in BF? :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Out of curiosity, say Ali and Gun Gun decide to team up to get their Mothers to sleep with them. Holding a sleepover, Ali and GG first made a ruckus, demanding their turn to sleep with BQ. YH relents.

next is Taichen Palace. As usual, they make a ruckus, refusing to go to sleep without Feng Jiu. While Dong Hua is content to ignore them...Feng Jiu is not. What does Dong Hua do? For the record, I would not put throwing things at the bedroom door beyond the little boys. If asked why they would do something so unbecoming, they would say they are learning how to be shameless from their dads.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Megan said:

Out of curiosity, say Ali and Gun Gun decide to team up to get their Mothers to sleep with them. Holding a sleepover, Ali and GG first made a ruckus, demanding their turn to sleep with BQ. YH relents.

next is Taichen Palace. As usual, they make a ruckus, refusing to go to sleep without Feng Jiu. While Dong Hua is content to ignore them...Feng Jiu is not. What does Dong Hua do? For the record, I would not put throwing things at the bedroom door beyond the little boys. If asked why they would do something so unbecoming, they would say they are learning how to be shameless from their dads.

Their stunts won't fly. :joy: 

Ali and BGG would be punished to copy scriptures, pick the tea leaves, clean the lotus ponds, plant the saplings, harvest the apricots, and fix the roof tiles. 

They'll have sweet and sour fishes for a month, cooked by DH. Si Ming will write about it, and Lian Song, Zhong Lin, maybe Ye Qingti too, will fan them if they faint.

Or they can choose to be sent to Kunlun. All for that ruckus of being more thickfaced than YH, much less DH. From thereon also, they'll be very obedient when told to go out and count the stars. :naughty:

PS Counting stars won't be so bad, as both kiddos gets a bag each of their favourite pastries and snacks. That's their little secret with FJ. :relaxed:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

11 hours ago, Megan said:

I just had a memory recall about a query of who we would rather sit next to at the dinner table: Umbridge or Voldemort.

that actually makes me compare these 2 Harry Potter villains with Jiheng and Zhihe.

Voldemort and Zhihe scare me. At first sight, I would immediately want to run or watch out for knives respectively. You just know with them, there is a possible chance you are going to die.

with Umbridge and Jiheng, they are the subtle type. They don’t get their hands dirty. They prefer to do manipulative work. The good news is at the dinner table, you don’t have to worry about getting killed. You just need to survive their insufferable and manipulative conversation. Also...you may not feel too bad about accidentally spilling a glass of wine on Umbridge. Sure she will get back at you, but since you’re already a target, why not get back at the toad who makes you write lines with a blood quill! These are the people who don’t attack in public.

People who don't get their hands dirty are scarier, I think. They look sweet and nice while they talking to you but they have someone to stab you at the same time. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Megan said:

You know the scene where Dong Hua and Feng Jiu began smearing each other’s faces with cotton flower paste? I found it hot but this was probably a rare thing for Dong Hua because who would play with him this way when he was young. So it was a playful flirting before Feng Jiu recalled reality and insisted on going back to sleep.

some lines stuck out to me

She pushed Donghua down and used her other hand to spread Mufurong paste onto his forehead. His eyes were glimmering.

Dijun didn't resist her harassment. With little concern, he only said to her, “Didn't you say good things are to be shared? Why did you stop?” He took Fengjiu's retreating hand and placed it on his own face, looking calmly into her eyes during this entire process.

He was so happy on the inside! I gush.

He was probably thinking of kissing her (at the least :lol:) then but Fengjiu exercised strong self-control :D. Otherwise Gungun would be much older :lol:

• Like 1
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 1