[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

10 hours ago, ayleenlovesyou said:

I'm surprised this drama is so overrated, I liked them in TMOPB and I was so glad when I heard they'll make a drama just for their love story but when this came out, I've watched it and dropped it and months later I came back to it after watching some premieres of episode 50+ and it caught my attention so I wanted to try it again and days later I've dropped it again LMAO idk but why 731 pages of replies LMAO damn. Did I miss something?

Well since u liked TMOPB more  it makes sense why u didn't like ELOD, TMOPB filler is nothing like the canon story.. Pillow book explores the xianxia realm to the fullest with romance as main focus.  The drama didn't even have the half of the former cast.. 

But I completely disagree with the overrated part, apart from the sloppy editing this drama has solid plot (novel) , solid cast and the best genuiene chemistry between the leads, which is way better than most of xianxia dramas which ranked higher purely because of the popular actors fanbase.. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, MoonPrincess said:

In the book Why would FJ fall in love with XZ anyways thought she always loved DH? is she that easily to change her mind? It doent sound like FJ at all. IF she was that easily to change her mind then she would had moved on  ages ago....

DH didn't change in appearance or in nature , he just used correction spell to take place of XZ so it was basically DH in all his glory..

How can't FJ fall in love with him all over again? Its in her instinct to love DH but she didn't know the truth that XZ is DH so she concluded the reason she fell for XZ is because he is exactly like DH, in other terms  her type of men are "DH alike(twins)" :joy:  :joy:  

i loved this part because it's shows how true FJ love is, no matter what the situation is consiously or unconsciously she will always fall for DH!! 

• Like 2
  • Love 5

In the pillow book, Xize had 10 toffees but Mo Shao had 5 and his were coated in sugar. Dong Hua didn’t know this and Mo Shao wanted to keep it that way.

i am picturing Dong Hua asking Feng Jiu why she didn’t sprinkle his toffee with sugar.

Feng Jiu’s answer: this was after I had sent your toffee, when Cha Cha and Mo Shao had gone to your palace. I was left all by my lonesome and made more toffees so I could share them with everybody. Only Mo Shao has sugar because he has been my buddy and helping me with my schemes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

That was a finer point that I totally missed while watching the drama. I liked how he was clear that is Aranya's body and go no further intimacy. 

DH and FJ's bickering is so entertaining. Especially when one of them end up speechless. I admire the author, she must be quite witty herself to come up with such entertaining come backs.

I just noticed that too. The moment she got back to her own body, DH was unstoppable. He will stick to her like a leech.

4 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

His biggest prank of all! Deep down DH probably finds it highly amusing watching the Bai family get tongue tied from trying to figure out what to call him. 

And the best one too I have to say :joy: Both FJ and DH did a good job.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

14 minutes ago, Megan said:

I wonder what Xize-Dong Hua would say if Feng Jiu suggested that he meet Dong Hua because she really thinks they are kindred souls

FJ will probably not suggest that. She has moved on from DH and she probably don't want to see DH anyways for a while.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, triplesung said:

FJ will probably not suggest that. She has moved on from DH and she probably don't want to see DH anyways for a while.

She won't ask Xi Ze to meet, nor will she make that comparison of his similarity to DH. Xi Ze DH himself actually asked, if she wants to see "him" again. @Megan

Night was dark and quiet, but she was able to feel Xize's eyes intently fixing on her. “If he now appears in front of you, will you still doubt that there is fate between the two of you?”

Fengjiu laughed, feeling extremely sleepy now. “The word 'fate' has never existed between the two of us. I've wagered on myself for so long, it's about time to let it go. So you see, whether he appears or not this time wouldn't really make a difference. It would be better if he doesn't come, I don't really want to see him.” (PB2, p108)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@MayanEcho I feel like you (and a few others) have memorized the book like the back of your hands. No matter what discussions are put on the table, you are able to find quotes just like that. I am really impressed. Very impressed. :thumbsup:

And thanks for giving elaborate explanations too :blush:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I’m curious. When Jiheng jumped down the cliff and got amnesia, and Xuyang reported the situation, why didn’t Dong Hua investigate since he promised his general to look after his Daughter?

24 minutes ago, Megan said:

I’m curious. When Jiheng jumped down the cliff and got amnesia, and Xuyang reported the situation, why didn’t Dong Hua investigate since he promised his general to look after his Daughter?

In the series adaptation, Xu Yang only reported that JH jumped off the cliff while Minsu died. She wasn't found nor was it reported that she has amnesia since Nie Chuyin found her first and brought her to mortal realm, and had hidden this info to further his own interests.

DH didn't investigate because he's the "aggrieved party" in the wedding fiasco. An investigation is already going on by the celestials and demons, he doesn't have to do his own. He can, but why didn't he even bother to check the Miaohua mirror? It's because at that time, his part to help JH and Minsu escape is done.

In the book, JH and Minsu ran away and fled to Fanyin Valley. Later on they parted ways after Minsu was found out to be female and was in love with Xu Yang. JH opted to stay in the valley as court musician. (PB1, p203)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Dundee said:

Love the drama and really enjoy the plot. I found the drama’s plot was quite similar to the book. :thumbsup:

I don’t know why but i prefer DH with his white hair rather than black LOL

The platinum locks gives DH the god aura. He's magnificent and elegant to begin with, but DH's trademark hair colour just sets him apart and above everybody else. :blush:

• Like 3

On 5/18/2020 at 5:03 AM, Aari sky said:

JH found every opportunity to enter his room, she did that whenever she liked without considering whether it was day or night. Remember JH enters DH room at night when he was taking care of sick FJ!! The only reason he didn't kick JH out was because she is the daughter of his General and she always flaunted her poison as an excuse so switching room was the best approach!! If u think abt it JH skin is much thicker than DH for her to keep chasing the man who always treated her like a block of wood!!

Será que dijun viu no espelho sua vida com fengjiu no reino mortal e como ela sofreu no palácio tachen?

• Like 2

On 5/15/2020 at 2:51 AM, jimmylyne said:

PB2 page 470

“Five hundred years ago, the Miaoyi Huiming Realm had begun to show
signs of collapse.

Dijun spent half of his cultivation to stabilize it and afterward went into a century-long sleep. At that time, wasn't there a rumor that claimed Dijun had reincarnated to the mortal realm in order to experience Mortal sufferings?

With Dijun's personality, why would he have such a strange whim of wanting to experience human's sufferings? Taichen
Palace only spread such rumor to cover up the fact that Dijun was in a deep sle

Será que dijun viu no espelho sua vida mortal? Será que ele viu como ela sofreu no palácio taichen

5 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Tonight we have decided to post something really fun on the blog:-

This is What Happens when an Ageless Immortal Finally Succeeds in Wooing his Wife...

I trust you will all have a really good laugh as well...

DH finally found his empress. Of course he will definitely show FJ off to the world. Such a loving husband he is. :wub:

• Like 5

11 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Actually FJ have already moved on long time ago at least she's convinced herself but actually she doesn't . But with XZ she felt familiar because XZ is DH that why she attracted to him.

In the Mortal Realm ( in the book) she saved Mortal Emperor that she thought were DH but she didn't felt an affectionate toward the emperor because the emperor wasn't DH. She instinctively can felt that the emperor isn't DH and instinctively she felt attracted to XZ because he is DH.

PB2 page 252

Yes, Xize felt familiar, because he was the same type as Donghua Dijun.
However, her affection for Xize did not stem from Donghua Dijun, but
rather because he was the type that she liked. And it just so happened they
were both that type.

PS: DH is known as the powerful God who doesn't follow any rules heaven's will? Fate? Destiny?

He just doesn't care ..all is by his rules. He want FJ so he tried everything he could to make her his.

PB2 page 354

Liansong sighed deeply and said, “Had you known this, you shouldn't
have pretended to be Xize to deceive her in the dream.” He then quipped,
“Didn't you feel jealous watching her and your version of Xize get close?”
Donghua frowned and said in seeming puzzlement, “Why should I feel
jealous? I was just borrowing Xize's identity; I'm still me. Didn't she fall in
love with me again because she'll never be able to love anyone else but me?”

To make that bold portion more poignant for people, here is the contextual translation of that line from Chinese.

"Didn't she fall in love with me again because she must only have me (and no one else) in this life."

That's a direct a contextual translation if you want a deeper meaning. Because in chinese it's this line "...她再次爱上我难到不是因为她此生非我不可吗?”

PS. @jimmylyne thought u might like this :)

• Like 3
  • Love 3

10 minutes ago, Ninky said:

To make that bold portion more poignant for people, here is the contextual translation of that line from Chinese.

"Didn't she fall in love with me again because she must only have me (and no one else) in this life."

That's a direct a contextual translation if you want a deeper meaning. Because in chinese it's this line "...她再次爱上我难到不是因为她此生非我不可吗”

PS. @jimmylyne thought u might like this :)

She MUST only have DH in this life

This is so romantic I have to say.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

10 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

His biggest prank of all! Deep down DH probably finds it highly amusing watching the Bai family get tongue tied from trying to figure out what to call him. 

Author already answered this to her Fan who posted this question. Di Jun will always  be referred to as Di Jun. The person who will really suffer from the confusing aftermath is his poor son, Bai Gun Gun as his ranking in the family is really dependent on which side of the family.

However, because Bai Gun Gun is a Nine-tailed fox, he belongs to the Nine-tailed fox clan he will need to follow Qing Qiu lineage in referring to his elders.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ninky said:

The person who will really suffer from the confusing aftermath is his poor son, Bai Gun Gun as his ranking in the family is really dependent on which side of the family.

BGG's IQ will make it easy for him to know how to address whichever side of his family. :)

• Like 4