[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

25 minutes ago, ayleenlovesyou said:

I'm surprised this drama is so overrated, I liked them in TMOPB and I was so glad when I heard they'll make a drama just for their love story but when this came out, I've watched it and dropped it and months later I came back to it after watching some premieres of episode 50+ and it caught my attention so I wanted to try it again and days later I've dropped it again LMAO idk but why 731 pages of replies LMAO damn. Did I miss something?

You missed a lot actually.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

What I love with FJ, whatever she had set her sights on, she worked for it, hard. She never ever resorted to cheating, nor put others down for what she wants. She only gives up after plenty of time and tries. If nothing works, she stops, but never gets bitter to it, though she won't seek it again.

Hide contents

You know who else is like her?  Her bestie. :) 

Será que dijun viu no espelho como foi sua vida mortal com fengjiu e será que viu como era fengjiu jovem

11 minutes ago, María julia26sd@gmail.com said:

Será que dijun viu no espelho como foi sua vida mortal com fengjiu e será que viu como era fengjiu jovem

Did dijun see in the mirror what his mortal life was like with fengjiu and did he see what young fengjiu was like

In the series and in the book, DH did not see in the Miaohua mirror the life of Song Xuan Ren with FJ as Xiao Jiu (series) or Consort Chen (book). Note too that in the book, the emperor was only a mortal, and has nothing to do with DH who was in deep sleep that time in Tai Chen palace.

In the drama, DH and Su Moye had seen the origin of Aranya, when the mirror showed the school girl FJ telling Xie Guchou to take half her shadow and have it reborn in Fanyin Valley to help DH's shadow. In the book, Shen Ye had seen the same with DH and SMY in the Miaohua mirror.

• Like 2

So in the book did FJ loved XZ in the dream? she didn't know that XZ was DH but she consummated their relationship... did she think she would had been able to take XZ out the dream as well?

In drama FJ remembers everything when her spirit got back to own body and she recognized XZ is DH and they consummated after the misunderstanding were solved after the rain and bath part.

1 hour ago, ayleenlovesyou said:

I'm surprised this drama is so overrated, I liked them in TMOPB and I was so glad when I heard they'll make a drama just for their love story but when this came out, I've watched it and dropped it and months later I came back to it after watching some premieres of episode 50+ and it caught my attention so I wanted to try it again and days later I've dropped it again LMAO idk but why 731 pages of replies LMAO damn. Did I miss something?

Hmm it is a different type of loves story from TMOPB and not everyone cup of tea. In saying that, I’m actually think this drama a bit underrated at the beginning. The press conferences and promo is not as big as TMOPB and somehow the rank speak for itself. But this is my two cents. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, ayleenlovesyou said:

You DID miss a lot. I'd suggest that you watch from the beginning till end, to know why this forum reached this much page. :) Or why for the first quarter of 2020, ELOD still came up first in popularity despite the lack of publicity due to COVID19. In addition to it, the novel for DH and FJ's story is a fantastic read. You may also check out what has been discussed in the forum in the past pages, or https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home, a dedicated blog for further information on the families of Ye Hua, Dong Hua, and what's next in Tang Qi's Three Worlds, Three Lives series.

You can hardly call the drama overrated though, if you haven't watched all the episodes, nor did it in proper order. :)Perhaps, give it a chance without prejudice, as after all, if you liked them in TMOPB story, then all the more you should check them out in ELOD, as the author herself is one of the scriptwriters for the drama adaptation. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

49 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Dijun viu no espelho como era sua vida mortal com o fengjiu e viu como era o jovem fengjiu

Na série e no livro, DH não viu no espelho Miaohua a vida de Song Xuan Ren com FJ como Xiao Jiu (série) ou Consort Chen (livro). Observe também que, no livro, o imperador era apenas um mortal, e não tem nada a ver com DH, que estava dormindo profundamente naquela época no palácio Tai Chen.

No drama, DH e Su Moye viram a origem de Aranya, quando o espelho mostrou a menina da escola FJ dizendo a Xie Guchou para pegar metade de sua sombra e renascer no Fanyin Valley para ajudar a sombra de DH. No livro, Shen Ye tinha visto o mesmo com DH e SMY no espelho Miaohua.

Mas o dijun viu no espelho como fengjiu sofreu por ele no palácio tachen

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

There's that one time in ep31 that FJ barged in bringing meds for his wound. DH was undressing. :joy: They were like an old couple arguing afterwards over not knocking and not locking doors. :sweat_smile: 

DH is so crazy of FJ, all means and all chances he can share space or things with her, he would take. About restraint, he got it in spades. In Aranya's Dream, he waited until she's back to her own body before he became really affectionate. The most he did with FJ in Aranya's body is to hold her but no further intimacy.

That was a finer point that I totally missed while watching the drama. I liked how he was clear that is Aranya's body and go no further intimacy. 

DH and FJ's bickering is so entertaining. Especially when one of them end up speechless. I admire the author, she must be quite witty herself to come up with such entertaining come backs.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

10 hours ago, ayleenlovesyou said:

It sounds like you prefer action packed romance? 

The author herself stated this novel is a sweet romance. The focus is on DH and FJ's relationship. So if you prefer more drama, this definitely is not the best for you. However, seeing how popular this drama is, it shows that many viewers loved it. I wouldn't say this is overrated just because you don't like it.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, María julia26sd@gmail.com said:

Mas o dijun viu no espelho como fengjiu sofreu por ele no palácio tachen

But the dijun saw in the mirror how fengjiu suffered for him in the tachen palace

No, DH did not see her actual suffering in the Miaohua mirror. He saw her talking of the hardships she went through as a maid and as a pet to Xie Guchou. DH only saw the past lives of Shen Ye and Aranya, plus their origins, why these shadows were born in Fanyin Valley. 

For Shen Ye, he was born as deterrent to Miao Luo: 

Zhonglin sighed. “Even though Dijun had subjugated the Miaoyi Huiming Realm and locked up Miaoluo, if it's known that Dijun went to sleep for this, even if Miaoluo has been confined, I'm afraid she will suddenly wreak some sort of havoc. To protect Dijun's 100-year sleep from a reappearance of Miaoluo's scourge, I gave some thought and recently found an answer. Elder, you are very good at creating souls. If you can take half of Dijun's shadow to make a soul and send it to Fanyin Valley… Of course, when this soul is born, he won't know that he's Dijun's shadow or that he is shouldering the great responsibility of guarding the Huiming Realm. Still, this soul ultimately has a trace of Dijun's breath. As long as he is reborn in Fanyin Valley, he will be a deterrent to Miao Luo. Furthermore, a Biyiniao's lifespan is finite. Once turned to dust, the incarnated soul will naturally return as Dijun's shadow. As far as Dijun is concerned, there is really nothing to worry about later on.” (PB2, pp330-331)

While Feng Jiu sent half her shadow with the help of Xie Guchou to repay DH's kindness by helping his shadow:

Fengjiu closed her eyes. “Forget those. They were only my yearnings; they can't be mistaken for gratitude.” A long while later, she added, “You're right, it would be a good opportunity if the Dijun in the lower realm is a shadow. Since Dijun wanted to conceal this matter from the immortals, I shouldn't have knowledge that he is in that world as well. If you don't mind, please make a soul out of my shadow and let it reborn where he is. This time, I hope that my shadow can properly repay him for me, save him whenever he is in danger, help him get whatever he wants.(PB2, p343)

Before looking at the mirror in Aranya's dream, Dong Hua has previously learned of the hardships and suffering of Feng Jiu when she was in Tai Chen Palace and Jiuchongtian from Lian Song. (PB1, pp309-311)

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

That was a finer point that I totally missed while watching the drama. I liked how he was clear that is Aranya's body and go no further intimacy. 

DH and FJ's bickering is so entertaining. Especially when one of them end up speechless. I admire the author, she must be quite witty herself to come up with such entertaining come backs.

Their squabbles and who'll be speechless matches began from Qing Qiu for BQ and YH's wedding, almost as soon as they properly met. :joy:  From Jiuchongtian where she stayed for some time whenever they run across each other, then at Fanyin Valley right after he arrived, even in Aranya's dream once DH realized with whom FJ's primordial spirit resides.

After their reunion, hmm, BGG will do the honours now in rendering both parents speechless. :tounge_wink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, MoonPrincess said:

So in the book did FJ loved XZ in the dream? she didn't know that XZ was DH but she consummated their relationship... did she think she would had been able to take XZ out the dream as well?

In drama FJ remembers everything when her spirit got back to own body and she recognized XZ is DH and they consummated after the misunderstanding were solved after the rain and bath part.

I felt FJ did fall in love with XZ/DH in the dream and figured that she would some how be able to take him out of the dream world.

I do like the change they made in the drama. It makes it alot less confusing and controversial.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I felt FJ did fall in love with XZ/DH in the dream and figured that she would some how be able to take him out of the dream world.

I do like the change they made in the drama. It makes it alot less confusing and controversial.

In the book Why would FJ fall in love with XZ anyways thought she always loved DH? is she that easily to change her mind? It doent sound like FJ at all. IF she was that easily to change her mind then she would had moved on  ages ago....

Also I was rewatching the drama again and the part where JL and JN was talking about aranya, J mentioned that she want the next generation to find their own happiness. If she wanted that for them, why didnt she send her son out of the valley along with JL rather watch and die with him while trying surpress ML

4 hours ago, ayleenlovesyou said:

Just a suggestion , try again to watch it from episode 24 onwards. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MoonPrincess said:

In the book Why would FJ fall in love with XZ anyways thought she always loved DH? is she that easily to change her mind? It doent sound like FJ at all. IF she was that easily to change her mind then she would had moved on  ages ago....

Also I was rewatching the drama again and the part where JL and JN was talking about aranya, J mentioned that she want the next generation to find their own happiness. If she wanted that for them, why didnt she send her son out of the valley along with JL rather watch and die with him while trying surpress ML

DH has taken Xi Ze's identity in Aranya's dream when he and FJ entered it, both in book and series. FJ's memory is affected, and DH applied correction magic to everyone, so how he actually looks would be what people remember as Xi Ze, including SMY, FJ, and Shen Ye.

FJ has been moving on, because she has accepted that she has no fate with DH. Not that she stopped loving DH, but that she will not try to gain his affections anymore. FJ has done the clean cut, just as she did with the unicorn plant as a young girl. 

FJ fell for this Xi Ze, who is actually DH. Hence, she didn't love anybody else. In DH's words, when LS asked, he doesn't feel insecurity that FJ loved Xi Ze, as it's still him she had loved and can only love.

Meng Shao as the future king wanted to serve his people. Besides, who knew they'll all die, the royals who stayed to suppress ML? Jielu was their youngest, hence she was sent out with the evacuees.

Junou wanting the next generation to have happiness has nothing to do with the royal family members staying behind. They were doing their duties for their subjects, what you'd call stepping in on times of danger, sacrificing their lives for their people.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MoonPrincess said:

Actually FJ have already moved on long time ago at least she's convinced herself but actually she doesn't . But with XZ she felt familiar because XZ is DH that why she attracted to him.

In the Mortal Realm ( in the book) she saved Mortal Emperor that she thought were DH but she didn't felt an affectionate toward the emperor because the emperor wasn't DH. She instinctively can felt that the emperor isn't DH and instinctively she felt attracted to XZ because he is DH.

PB2 page 252

Yes, Xize felt familiar, because he was the same type as Donghua Dijun.
However, her affection for Xize did not stem from Donghua Dijun, but
rather because he was the type that she liked. And it just so happened they
were both that type.

PS: DH is known as the powerful God who doesn't follow any rules heaven's will? Fate? Destiny?

He just doesn't care ..all is by his rules. He want FJ so he tried everything he could to make her his.

PB2 page 354

Liansong sighed deeply and said, “Had you known this, you shouldn't
have pretended to be Xize to deceive her in the dream.” He then quipped,
“Didn't you feel jealous watching her and your version of Xize get close?”
Donghua frowned and said in seeming puzzlement, “Why should I feel
jealous? I was just borrowing Xize's identity; I'm still me. Didn't she fall in
love with me again because she'll never be able to love anyone else but me?”

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MoonPrincess said:

DH explained that FJ was destined to fall in love with him, no matter who he is. What I think he meant was, FJ didn't care if DH was not the emperor. FJ was attracted and fell in love with DH because of his personality and values. So even though FJ didn't know XZ was DH, she naturally fell in love with him again in Aranya's dream.

Although it is harder to accept, I think it is consistant with FJ's personality. FJ was known to cut off whatever she felt for that person/item, if she decided she had tried her best and it was time to move on. FJ in the novel didn’t realise DH was in the dream to help her, She thought DH only cared for JH because of the fruit situation. FJ had decided to give up on DH, but than in Aranya's dream, XZ/DH comes along and showers her with care. Before she knows it, she has fallen in love with XZ/DH through the time they spent together. What it shows was that no matter how DH looked or what status he has,  FJ would always fall in love with DH, she just can't help it. 

I know, thinking about it seems to make no sense. I do like how the drama changed it so DH's identity was exposed in Aranya's dream. It made it less confusing.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, triplesung said:

https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/how-much-chaos-could-two-nine-tailed-foxy-ladies-possibly-cause-to-familial-ties

Looking at the charts, I think DH marrying into the Bai family made everything even more complicated in their family trees :joy:

I just can''t help but feel bad for BGG and Ali.

His biggest prank of all! Deep down DH probably finds it highly amusing watching the Bai family get tongue tied from trying to figure out what to call him. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Well speaking of Aranya the "sprit forming lantern" isn't ther only one in all realm which YH use to get SS back but hen BQ used it to save MY but then BQ smashed?

How did SY or XZ get their hands on the lamp? I'm assuming the dream was created after BQ Smashed it...

1 hour ago, FoxontheMoon said:

Well speaking of Aranya the "sprit forming lantern" isn't ther only one in all realm which YH use to get SS back but hen BQ used it to save MY but then BQ smashed?

How did SY or XZ get their hands on the lamp? I'm assuming the dream was created after BQ Smashed it...

Though the Jiepo lantern was mentioned by Xi Ze, Sheng Ye was not using it.

It's not that there isn't a way to save Aranya. According to legends, Jiuchongtian has a holy object called the Jiepo lantern which can create souls for mortals. Although the Jiepo lantern cannot be used for us earth fairies, everything has its inner workings. In accordance with the Jiepo lantern's mechanics, you can create a sustaining soul to re-create another soul for Aranya. And why not? Chen Ye, do you want to be buried here with her in regrets or do you want to see her again?” (PB2, p327)

Shen Ye has a glass bottle that contains the fragments of Aranya's soul that he collected for 230 years from the dream world he created.

The black-robed Archmage fixedly watched the white mist as it seeped into her body and lightly replied, “Have you perhaps heard that earth fairies who have passed away can also re-create their souls using the Jiepo lantern or some other methods as the mortals do?” He paused for a moment, then looked at her and continued: “Even if the soul was burned to ashes, even if the Jiepo lantern from Heaven couldn't be used, I was told that creating this world not only could take us back to the beginning, it could also construct another soul for the deceased just as the Jiepo lantern can.” (PB2, p277)

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1