[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

44 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I want to see their baby girl! :) And perhaps a Feng Jiu that has got past her first trial to get to High Immortal. Man, those lightning strikes are no joke to take. But I think she can handle it. Even Migu could like Bai Qian said in the past. It's not normal lightning strikes. They are said to be like samadhi fire. If your cultivation is not high enough, you can die.

I'd like to see DH presenting their new little princess to Qing Qiu subjects. :) And before that, the avengers plus YH and BGG and Ali lending support while waiting for FJ to give birth. :P

Kinda hoping that FJ has already ascended to high immortal before the little girl comes along. Will DH be in his seclusion when FJ goes through her 1st trial,  or will he be like Mo Yuan, taking it for her? Haha, I'm really excited for this family.

And all the upcoming books! :wub:

• Like 5
  • Love 4

20 minutes ago, chsaf said:

Someone outside the industry? Awwwwwwww there goes my R+V ship =(

Ahahaha we better prepare out metal state that he will be non-celeb just incase :D coz i dont see her with any actors.....apart from dear friend V.

But we really don't know her personal life...so our R+V ship is still afloat as of this moment :D

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

8 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

Ahahaha we better prepare out metal state that he will be non-celeb just incase :D

But we really don't know her personal life...so our R+V ship is still afloat as of this moment :D

Yep I agree, without any news or announcement, we still have hope. R+V shippers fighting! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 7

@Yori Ten I love your observations or input on DH 

when the first time i read PB book I was so in awe with DH character ..such an awe-inspiring character.. at the same time I was so mad at scripts writers in TMOPB after knowing that Dongfeng's character was actually a fabricated only for drama plotlines/ storyline. Dongfeng's heart wrenching love story really messed up mind but also memorable...I was so thankful for TMOPB drama for introduce me Dongfeng couple.

Back to the books.. there's a few lines I love very much about DH's backstory.

Ascension to divinity was already anomalous.
There was naturally a price to pay for immortality. Donghua, however,
had existed since the time Yin and Yang separated at the Blue Sea, a true
spirit born out of Heaven and Earth. He wasn't bound to such a rule.

Amid the desperate search for a new hero, with
neither a mother nor father, he sprang forth from the holy Blue Sea at the
very end of the skies, a true child of Heaven.
Born in the East land where good light shone, he simple took two
characters and went by the name Donghua (Brilliance in the East). He was Donghua
 Dijun.

Donghua’s birth was extremely quiet.

It was so quiet, in fact, that no one knew now how he came into existence.
Only a condensed version survived in a few chronicles. They said the King
drank pure water from the source and absorbed natural essences to become
an immortal life. But how did Heaven give birth to him? Did he tumble out
from a stone, or did a woodcutter find him squatting inside a bamboo and
bring him home to raise? The records in the annals were brief, and not
much else was documented.

Despite having to shoulder onerous responsibilities since an early age,
Donghua’s childhood was utterly ordinary. He grew up alone at the Blue
Sea. Without the protection of the Deity clan, he was routinely harassed by
the demons and ghouls from neighboring areas. In ancient times, one
didn’t learn from teachers. Everything Donghua knew was acquired
through his fists, his lifelong legend built upon one bloodshed after
another.

His road to success was entirely different from that of Moyuan, the God of
Music and War of many millennia before, or that of Lord Yehua in recent
years. These two, one was raised by Fushen, the other was taught by
Lingbao Tianzun of Shangqing22 and the benevolent Bodhisattva of the
Western Heavens. Such were the traditional upbringings of noble families.

To have single-handedly settled the world’s chaos by himself with no one’s help was, an incredible feat.
It wasn’t an easy job - reigning over the world with powers to punish and
kill. Pandemonium was sure to stir if even a slight trace of kindness
existed. Only cold-blooded dispassion could tame turmoil and bring
permanent peace.
Even after the Heaven clan had grown more powerful
each year, and Donghua had passed his reign onto Tianjun and retired to
the 13th celestial heaven to enjoy his peace in Taichen Palace, he left behind
so bloody a legend it still struck terror in people’s mind.
Donghua wasn’t a compassionate holy
being. this
 fact had never changed.

In the end, it was debatable, still, whether Donghua was a Holy being or
not. Donghua had once been appraised by Fushen, and the latter concluded that the former's mind had reached the single-minded state within the nine mental abidings.

Either he could only dwell on goodness, or he could only dwell on evil.

“The so-called nine mental abidings were nothing more than the nine stages of samatha, namely inward abiding, continuous abiding, calm
abiding, near abiding, harmonized abiding, stillness, supreme stillness,
single-mindedness, and mental equanimity. If a person has reached the
single-minded stage, it meant his heart has reached ultimate peace and no
turmoil may reach him. Once his mind is at peace, it makes no difference
whether he is good or evil. At the next equanimity stage, he would have
transcended into an entirely different existence.

• Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Ladies, I can't find the comprehensive translated family tree post. Been getting errors in the search. Can help? Thank you very much in advance. 

Wow I wonder where the two brothers I guess they are married too!

2 hours ago, Zelnk said:

Yeah she keeps talking of starting a family at 30+ and 3 kids :D. There must be a candidate already :D

If she have that will be good. Now matter what happened in the future I will support her, perhaps I need to think that V and R will never be together HAHAHA what a great dream I have hahahahaha 

1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

Reba looks like a mature, sweet and kind young lady. Whoever is her future husband will have to be psychologically strong. Her fans are no joke. 

Yeah he need to be strong mentally bc Fan of Reba in China are crazy as in crazy for her! I think they didn’t think if it’s good for her or bad. I am a fan of her that’s why I always want to see her smiling and achieving a lot of rewards. International fan here :blush: 

Gao Weiguang too :heart: actually I like all the artists came from jaywalk studio :blush:

• Like 11

24 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

Ahahaha we better prepare out metal state that he will be non-celeb just incase :D coz i dont see her with any actors.....apart from dear friend V.

Ahh these two. Im getting better at picking up crumbs. Found proofs they actually hangout before@after events, taking pic at the same place etc even though during events they haven’t interact much. 

It kinda validated that they limited their public interaction due to possessive fans. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

@janine Ang ahaha agree with thinking V and R will not be together. Right now, i am still intoxicated with their chemistry! :D it will probably take a while when i will enjoy watching their series with other leads.

its all their chemistry’s fault!<_<

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 6

1 minute ago, They Sick said:

Ahh these two. Im getting better at picking up crumbs. Found proofs they actually hangout before@after events, taking pic at the same place etc even though during events they haven’t interact much. 

It kinda validated that they limited their public interaction due to possessive fans. 

Yup, saw those crumbs too! I can only conclude that they are still good friends at least. :)

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

Yup, saw those crumbs too! I can only conclude that they are still good friends at least. :)

Relieved the rabid fans didn’t affect their friendship at least. 

To those who having withdrawal symptoms, it helps if you watch another drama with lead u like. Divide your feeling and conquer it. :DI got over ELOD by watching king’s woman. Both lead i equally love. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, They Sick said:

To those who having withdrawal symptoms, it helps if you watch another drama with lead u like. Divide your feeling and conquer it. :DI got over ELOD by watching king’s woman. Both lead i equally love. 

I have been watching Here to Heart, per my mother's recommendation. I talk to her more during this lockdown then I ever have since I moved out 10+ years ago (she's always too busy for me):joy::sweat_smile: Always about tv series/drama. Xu Yang is a supporting role but he's so adorable! Hope JH's brother gets a happy ending in this series. :heart:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

58 minutes ago, They Sick said:

I tried watching a few ep of Flame's Daughter but just can't stomach the crazy storyline and plump-face Vic Zhou, huhu omg what happened to him after all these years @@ though nice to see Xiao Yan, Cheng Yu, Lian Song and Zhang Bin Bin (hate his character though).

I've seen King's Woman when it was released and loved it very much however I was not in withdrawal from it like I am now with ELOD. 

Somehow stumbled upon Royal Nirvana with main actor Luo Jin (another brilliant actor, loved his acting in Princess Weiyoung). Right now only watched up to ep 10. Story is fast-paced and intriguing.

Normally I don't watch mainland Chinese dramas, actually I seldom watch any drama except for 1 or 2 a year. But because I'm suffering from ELOD I have to rest my mind with something else. I'm sure a lot of you can relate XD.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

16 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

Sadly, i already watched the kings woman :( and i don't like the ending...I am a sucker for HE.  I am looking for a modern drama, lets see :D

Same here, hated the ending but loved the story, though I ff scenes with the senior (her son's real dad) cos didn't like his character much. And kept asking myself why, why oh why the torture of watching a gazillion episodes without a HE! Why! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

23 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

@janine Ang ahaha agree with thinking V and R will not be together. Right now, i am still intoxicated with their chemistry! :D it will probably take a while when i will enjoy watching their series with other leads.

its all their chemistry’s fault!<_<

When they stole your heart into shipping them in real life, you can't go back. I know the feels. Unless one of them has a dating announcement that will make you happy for your fav and a bit sad for your shattered dream lol. Most of my kdrama real life shipping are single ( no announcement or rumors) so I have high hopes. Poor me :sweat_smile:

So Don't despair V+R shippers. It's not over until it's over:D

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 9

5 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

When they stole your heart into shipping them in real life, you can't go back. I know the feels. Unless one of them has a dating announcement that will make you happy for your fav and a bit sad for your shattered dream lol. Most of my kdrama real life shipping are single ( no announcement or rumors) so I have high hopes. Poor me :sweat_smile:

So Don't despair V+R shippers. It's not over until it's over:D

I have high hopes because many mainland Chinese actors marry their co-stars, like Angelababy, Ruby Lin Xin Ru, this one Korean actress who married a mainland China actor, ok can't remember the rest. So there's still hope, yes it's not over until it's over hahahaha.

• Like 7
  • LOL 5

@Zelnk @chsaf the ending is horrible. But  i love binbin and Reba’s performance. They’re so cute together so i just skipped to their romantic parts. Final ending where they killing each other is quite romantic though in sadistic way. :sweat_smile: ohmai im being weird. But im a sucker for tragedy kind of love. 

@vivi0303 I’m k-drama addict but no more since ELOD. 

Im noticing a pattern in c-drama where mostly the FL are chasing the guy. And the ML lead is stone faced, no feeling. But once the guy fall, the fall hard. Drama such as Le coup de foudre, a love so beautiful, ELOD and sweet dreams

• Like 11
  • Love 2