[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

6 hours ago, They Sick said:

Now im interested to watch L&D. Is it worth it? 

I think it was a good drama. Although the storyline is generic, the way it was filmed and acted was done well. I absolutely adored the main characters. Even though they could have done a lot better job at styling the ML. It was a high quality production drama, compared to many of the web series available.

But, maybe wait for a while before you watch it! The overall package may seem like 3L3W and ELoD have too many gorgeous people in it, so you may unconsciously compare the dramas and not want to watch it. I know I still have a ELoD hangover. I lost count how many times I have rewatched it since the Lockdown. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

3 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

It is just a styling for her mortal arc as a concubine.  To me its fine. DH was expressing his interest in her by using tea as comparison. However,  she didn't understand his words. When DH pluck out from her hair, his actions showed that he paid attention to every bit of her including that tiny leaf on her hair.

Reallllyyy? I feel so slow now. :blink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

3 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

DH was expressing his interest in her by using tea as comparison. However,  she didn't understand his words. When DH pluck out from her hair, his actions showed that he paid attention to every bit of her including that tiny leaf on her hair.

The tea comparison with his interest was smooth. Her tea was "tasteless at first sip but sweet taste lingers on at second sip" Fengjiu didn't understand that it wasn't about the tea lesson anymore. He didn't pay her much attention when they met. Then, each time they met, he was increasingly drawn to her.

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2

5 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

The tea comparison with his interest was smooth. Her tea was "tasteless at first sip but sweet taste lingers on at second sip" Fengjiu didn't understand that it wasn't about the tea lesson anymore. He didn't pay her much attention when they met. Then, each time they met, he was increasingly drawn to her.

@SilverDawn Hahahaha, don't worry most of us were at FJ's level of understanding. DH's high level of refined flirting was too much for us to comprehend.:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 14

4 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

The wow factor is missing... Still the question remains. Why such civilised kisses between them? :confused: Or we have too high expectation? 

Nah.... we just have :naughty: expectation.....:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

12 hours ago, Zelnk said:

Yeah,  some marry their co-star, to add michelle chen and chen xia, zhao li ying and feng shao feng, nicky wu and liu shi shi, tang yan and luo jin :D

I really hope we get a news about the uncut version, so I can really get over ELOD :D

Who give you the right to move on...:naughty:

There is no getting over ELOD.......

Only when the world wide web crashes, and all the books and contents are burnt, and we turn to dist....

Only then you are allowed to more on.....

Ha..ha..ha...  OBSESS FAN ALLERT.......:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

50 minutes ago, Queen01 said:

Who give you the right to move on...:naughty:

There is no getting over ELOD.......

Only when the world wide web crashes, and all the books and contents are burnt, and we turn to dist....

Only then you are allowed to more on.....

Ha..ha..ha...  OBSESS FAN ALLERT.......:joy:

:joy::joy: I've been trying to watch anything else to not miss Dijun & Fengjiu/GuangRe couples,  but no such luck.  

Yup, talk about addicted and obsessed. 

I might need to attend an ELOD/V&R Anonymous :joy::joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

@Applemintz 

Spoiler

Just an speculation, but the reasons why negotiation stalled with Croton could be: 1) She was insisting for the lead role; 2) She agreed for JH but she wants more changes for the story line of her character; 3) The terms on letting go of the rights to the story - either the lump sum and payments, or she gets royalties on the income generated by the series for X years.

If they couldn't meet a common ground after several rounds of talking, then there's no point to.continue negotiation. Perhaps she realised too late, or she remained stubborn until it sank in that there's an FJ actress who really made a mark playing the role she wanted. That if she still plays hardball, she will lose out.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, vivi0303 said:

@SilverDawn Hahahaha, don't worry most of us were at FJ's level of understanding. DH's high level of refined flirting was too much for us to comprehend.:joy:

So true! It totally went over my head the first time I watched it. I put the blame on FJ and DH. Their visuals totally distracted me :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

3 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

So true! It totally went over my head the first time I watched it. I put the blame on FJ and DH. Their visuals totally distracted me :sweatingbullets:

I was just so annoyed with JH and bored by her geisha like tea making qualities/showing off, I subconsciously just block her scenes out:joy:  After DH and FJ had their talk afterwards did I realize I missed something, whoops.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8