[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

7 minutes ago, chsaf said:

I have high hopes because many mainland Chinese actors marry their co-stars, like Angelababy, Lin Xin Ru, ok can't remember the rest. So there's still hope, yes it's not over until it's over hahahaha.

Yeah,  some marry their co-star, to add michelle chen and chen xia, zhao li ying and feng shao feng, nicky wu and liu shi shi, tang yan and luo jin :D

I really hope we get a news about the uncut version, so I can really get over ELOD :D

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

Yeah,  some marry their co-star, to add michelle chen and chen xia, zhao li ying and feng shao feng, nicky wu and liu shi shi, tang yan and luo jin :D

Ah yes thank you thank you for adding to the list hahaha see there's so many couples! There are also many Korean couples too.

~Drifting back to R+V ship~ feels like a mom choosing a suitable wife for dear son XD

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

10 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

Oh, Ruby Lin and Wallace Huo! Real life BFF turns real. They have been friends for over 10 plus years and Wallace have always said in interviews that Ruby is his best friend. Those following V's interview would have known by now that he also refers to R as his best friend.

Then we have 76 (Nicky) and LSS shippers who are now on the Guangre CP and they provided a lot of insights into the similarities between their successful ship and Guangre.

I had to follow Guangre CP Super Topic on Weibo for research purposes...*wink* and I am really amazed by their sense of investigation and deductions. The hottest topic now is of course Seafood Noodle and My dearest and I really think these shippers are either 100% delusional or 100% onto something! 

• Like 5
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 1

28 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

The hottest topic now is of course Seafood Noodle and My dearest and I really think these shippers are either 100% delusional or 100% onto somethjng! 

Can you elaborate ,please. Seafood noodle and my dearest? Shippers are a bit delusional in the beginning. Then, the FBI shippers show the "hints, evidences" That moment,  you reassure yourself saying you were right, there's something. We're either 50-50 or 100% delusional. 

Besides chemistry, what drawn me into real life shipping is the BTS. There, you can see those glance, how they interact differently compared to others co-stars.  Suddenly,  you have the feelings that maybe they're into each other.

That's my shippers 101 class.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

18 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Then we have 76 (Nicky) and LSS shippers who are now on the Guangre CP and they provided a lot of insights into the similarities between their successful ship and Guangre.

I had to follow Guangre CP Super Topic on Weibo for research purposes...*wink* and I am really amazed by their sense of investigation and deductions. The hottest topic now is of course Seafood Noodle and My dearest and I really think these shippers are either 100% delusional or 100% onto something! 

Oooh do update us on those so called research. I'm hoping they're onto something rather than delulu haha.

Wait does that mean Nicky Wu and LSS have given their blessings to R+V? Omg ❤❤

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

21 minutes ago, chsaf said:

Ah yes thank you thank you for adding to the list hahaha see there's so many couples! There are also many Korean couples too.

~Drifting back to R+V ship~ feels like a mom choosing a suitable wife for dear son XD

Korean CP reminds me of the most tragic one, the song-song couple. Wishing them happiness in whatever they’re doing now

• Like 7
  • Sad 3

19 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Oh, Ruby Lin and Wallace Huo! Real life BFF turns real. They have been friends for over 10 plus years and Wallace have always said in interviews that Ruby is his best friend. Those following V's interview would have known by now that he also refers to R as his best friend.

Seafood noodle? Pls elaborate :wub:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

Oh, I think someone already posted the Seafood Noodle clip a few pages back? It was during Reba's livestream and fans asked her if she had dinner? She said she ordered some kind of noodle and then we can supposedly hear a man whispering in the background *海鲜面* Seafood noodles. Shippers then compared the whisper to V's whisper using VOICE RECOGNITION (rolls eye..whoah..really???) software and said it matched. The My dearest *亲爱的* were also overheard by shippers when they examined the clip with some other software. Sherlocks I am telling you, sherlocks!!!

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, They Sick said:

Korean CP reminds me of the most tragic one, the song-song couple. Wishing them happiness in whatever they’re doing now

Song Song couple is a sad example. Those still married to each other are Eugene & Ki Tae Yong, Ji Sung & Lee Bo Young, Han Ga In & Yeon Jung Hoon, Kwon Sang Woo & wifey, Jang Dong Gun & Ko So Young, Lee Dong Gun & wifey and so many more.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Oh, I think someone already posted the Seafood Noodle clip a few pages back? It was during Reba's livestream and fans asked her if she had dinner? She said she ordered some kind of noodle and then we can supposedly hear a man whispering in the background *海鲜面* Seafood noodles. Shippers then compared the whisper to V's whisper using VOICE RECOGNITION (rolls eye..whoah..really???) software and said it matched. The My dearest *亲爱的* were also overheard by shippers when they examined the clip with some other software. Sherlocks I am telling you, sherlocks!!!

Omg I am squealing with delight *-*

Voice recognition hahaha it's like a job for the FBI CIA National Intelligence XD so, so V was saying qing ai de (my dearest) to Reba? Omg omg ~yessssss~

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Woah VOICE RECOGNITION? So high tech :D  but I got the impression that was an old clip already, way back tmopb.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3

@Zelnk Did research on this today cause I'm curious myself :P

TMOPB's main investor/production company (aside from Jaywalk) is a company called JuKu Media and distributing company is Croton Media, both are subsidiaries of the giant entertainment company HuaCe - which have produced and distributed countless number of popular dramas/movies in China. For comparison's sake, they're like the Warner Bros of China's drama industry. 

While the main investor of ELOD is Tencent Penguin Pictures (and Jaywalk). Which is a rather new company and much smaller in scale compared to Juku/Croton.

My thoughts -> base on the size of the companies alone, Juku/Croton already seem much stronger in the field of film marketing and distribution and also can provide bigger budgets for their films' production. On top of that, there's also the limitations of historical dramas from being broadcasted on tv or web by the Chinese authorities. I'm unable to find anything on whether each network has a quota of historical dramas they can showcased annually (or quarterly) but I think this plays a role on why Tencent cannot get other networks to showcase ELOD too. 

**Rumors

Spoiler

After TMOPB's success, Juku is interested to produce the sequel but unfortunately, the book's rights are on the hands of an actress and she is reluctant to give up her dream of playing FJ - the female lead. After several failed negotiations, the company got frustrated+tired so they came out with a Plan B (Love And Destiny) to continue riding on the "Xianxia" trend and have also hired the same director & directing team for the project. 

Jaywalk, on the other hand, does not want to give up and continued negotiations attempt until the actress finally give in. But for unknown reasons (for now :ph34r:), they're unable to find other investors until Tencent comes in. Sigh, if only Jaywalk and Wanda worked together earlier... we might have a higher quality ELOD. 

Interesting finding -> Some Chinese netizens pointed out that the plot of L&D is 'too similar' to ELOD that they think is intentional on Juku/Croton's side. I've never watched L&D myself so I've no idea on this.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 7
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Applemintz said:

TMOPB's main investor/production company (aside from Jaywalk) is a company called JuKu Media and distributing company is Croton Media, both are subsidiaries of the giant entertainment company HuaCe - which have produced and distributed countless number of popular dramas/movies in China. For comparison's sake, they're like the Warner Bros of China.

While the main investor of ELOD is Tencent Penguin Pictures (and Jaywalk). Which is a rather new company and much smaller in scale compared to Juku/Croton.

My thoughts -> base on the size of the companies alone, Juku/Croton already seem much stronger in the field of film marketing and distribution and also can provide bigger budgets for their films' production. On top of that, there's also the limitations of historical dramas from being broadcasted on tv or web by the Chinese authorities. I'm unable to find anything on whether each network has a quota of historical dramas they can showcased annually (or quarterly) but I think this plays a role on why Tencent cannot get other networks to showcase ELOD too. 

**Rumors

Hide contents

After TMOPB's success, Juku is interested to produce the sequel but unfortunately, the book's rights are on the hands of an actress and she is reluctant to give up her dream of playing FJ - the female lead. After several failed negotiations, the company got frustrated+tired so they came out with a Plan B (Love And Destiny) to continue riding on the "Xianxia" trend and have also hired the same director & directing team for the project. 

Jaywalk, on the other hand, does not want to give up and continued negotiations attempt until the actress finally give in. But for unknown reasons (for now :ph34r:), they're unable to find other investors until Tencent comes in. Sigh, if only Jaywalk and Wanda worked together earlier... we might have a higher quality ELOD. 

Interesting finding -> Some Chinese netizens pointed out that the plot of L&D is 'too similar' to ELOD that they think is intentional on Juku/Croton's side. I've never watched L&D myself so I've no idea on this.

I couldn't watch Love & Destiny past 10 episodes without cringing. So I stopped at 10 though I tried my best to watch more. I agree that there are many similarities with TMOPB. Anyway, thank heavens Jaywalk persisted to create ELOD or else we will never get to see this beautiful drama. I'm content with the quality, the CGI parts are ok and scenery and costume are considered good as well.

• Like 9

Shippers also said this proves Guangre is real. Mmm..they commented she looked really comfortable and fixing him is something that comes naturally. Looks like they have been together for a long time. I guess you see what you wanted to see? :tounge_wink:

R4DAnUo.gif

Other shipper fan favourite clips:

img-e1975754ly1gdate8hzvng209d09dnph.gifimg-e1975754ly1gdatdn3jgcg20ag05vkjm.gifimg-e1975754ly1gdatdqazacg20890891ky.gif

• Like 8
  • Love 13

9 minutes ago, Applemintz said:

TMOPB's main investor/production company (aside from Jaywalk) is a company called JuKu Media and distributing company is Croton Media, both are subsidiaries of the giant entertainment company HuaCe - which have produced and distributed countless number of popular dramas/movies in China. For comparison's sake, they're like the Warner Bros of China's drama industry. 

**Rumors

Reveal hidden contents

Tnx so much!!!

Now I  really want to strangle Ji Heng :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

31 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Shippers also said this proves Guangre is real. Mmm..they commented she looked really comfortable and fixing him is something that comes naturally. Looks like they have been together for a long time. I guess you see what you wanted to see? :tounge_wink:

R4DAnUo.gif

it could be nothing or it could be something.

But it does look like they've mentioned.. looks so damn natural and comfortable with each other.. like an old lover 

I even imagined in the different situation  where she fixing V's collar shirt..instead of DH's hair:tounge_wink:

• Like 3
  • Naughty 3
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

R4DAnUo.gif

Other shipper fan favourite clips:

img-e1975754ly1gdate8hzvng209d09dnph.gifimg-e1975754ly1gdatdn3jgcg20ag05vkjm.gifimg-e1975754ly1gdatdqazacg20890891ky.gif

Thanks @Yori TenOh I've never seen the part where he grabbed her before she fell, that looks like a scene from the movies!!!! Have seen the other videos that's why my gut feel says they're secretly together XD

There's also a video of ELOD BTS when they were filming the scene in Alanre's dream at the carnival. Vengo suddenly swooped her in his arms and she asked him where he came from, (her heart beat fast) cos she said xin dong 心动 twice! *sharpening Sherlock-sleuth skills at the moment*

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

@Applemintz I did watch Love and Destiny after TMOPB, around 5 eps I finished I think. I liked the very funny father there of the female lead? I might take a look on that series again later on. Reason I didn't continue watching was that I wasn't too keen with the BGM. 

Spoiler

So JH actress was that invested to be the FJ. Unfortunately, she doesn't have the looks for FJ. She doesn't look like an innocent teen/young adult, even if she can act like one.

Incidentally, Maggie Hwang the Su Jin actress can actually play FJ, just check that TMOPB ep 28 or 29 when FJ stole the lamp in Xi Wu Palace by impersonating Su Jin. 

I think JH actress only got the jolt after negotiations with Croton fell through. No one other than herself was interested to see her as FJ. Why else will she finally settle with JH role with Tencent? 

She could have been JH or other roles too in ELOD if she considered the reach of Croton. And yes, the editing might have been better, since there won't be too much unnecessary filler scenes mainly of JH. That's my gripe with Tencent though it could be due to concessions for JH actress. 

I still would thank her though that there's an ELOD series. But there are a lot of what ifs. 

• Like 8