[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 minute ago, janegao4lyf said:

maybe something to do with positioning that's why they make it left arm instead of right? 

That's one of the reason I can think of too but camera angles can be manipulated. Nothing is impossible so can there be any better reasons? Just thinking out loud. Anyway this matter is too minor for anyone to notice. Just want to get it off my chest only. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, Wuzetian said:

That's one of the reason I can think of too but camera angles can be manipulated. Nothing is impossible so can there be any better reasons? Just thinking out loud. Anyway this matter is too minor for anyone to notice. Just want to get it off my chest only. :joy:

Actually I noticed it on the first glance..and have to stared a bit longer at DH's hand look "compromised position" while thinking..why does it look a little suspiciously inappropriate.

Than after further thinking...I realized actually I'm the one who have a perveted mind thinking about DH's hand caresses  FJ's..erm..errr  cough..cough:naughty: 

• Like 1
  • Naughty 5
  • LOL 2

On 3/19/2020 at 3:50 PM, Ninky said:

Ladies, here’s the family tree from Tanq Qi’s Pillow Book special edition art book. 

bVHCmnQ.jpg

Translation 

From Top row, left to right.

Bai Zhi Di Jun

Eldest  Child

-----

Son: Bai Xuan

Daughter in law: Mo Shu

Second Child

----

Son: Bai Yi

Daughter in law: Fumi Fairy Mother's Eldest daughter

Granddaughter (born from these 2): Bai Feng Jiu

Married to: Dong Hua Di Jun

Son from above 2: Bai Gun gun

Third Child

-----

Son: Bai Xin

married.

Fourth Child

----

Son: Bai Zhen

Unmarried (we know he is with Zhe Yan)

Fifth Child

----

Daughter: Bai Qian

Married to: Nine Heaven's Crown Prince, Ye Hua

Son from above 2: Bai Chen (aka A-Li)

Ladies, I can't find the comprehensive translated family tree post. Been getting errors in the search. Can help? Thank you very much in advance. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Actually I notice it on the first glance..and have to stared a bit longer at DH's hand look "compromised position" while thinking..why does it look a little suspiciously inappropriate.

Than after further thinking...I realized actually I'm the one who have a perveted mind thinking about DH's hand grazing on FJ's..erm..errr  cough..cough:naughty: 

Well that's what you call "framing at the right second" :lol:

• Like 1
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 5

On 3/25/2020 at 10:33 PM, Ninky said:

Another interesting tidbit from Tang Qi's Q & A:

Someone asked of all the below characters ,who is the most powerful fighter in the 4 seas & 8 Realms and Tang Qi replied:

东华=墨渊>少绾>白止>折颜>谢冥>白止娘子>擎苍>缈落。

Dong Hua = Mo Yuan > Shao Wan > Bai Zhi (FJ's Grandfather) > Zhe Yan > Xie Ming > Bai Zhi's Wife (FJ's Grandma)  > Qing Cang > Miao Luo.

Some of those ladies are quite powerful. Shao Wan is second only to DH and MY. I shouldn't surprised FJ's grandma is that awesome! Feng Jiu has excellent pedigree hahah, Dong Hua is one lucky man.

Edited an error.

Who is Xie Ming btw? 

• Like 1

@Yori Ten you're right, it is early to judge. It was just an observation about the actor and the role. There is always the pros and cons of a role. Then in the end, there are some who really impress you and you admit that indeed, this role was made for this person. I hope he'll prove me wrong. Let's wait and see.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Probably the ancestor of Xie Goucho and his sister as per @Ninky. She gave the explanation in further convo on the next page from the page of what you qouted :)

I did try looking up but couldn't find. A bit overwhelming :sweatingbullets: And funny thing is I can't track my own activity especially the pages I liked, only commented post. Is there a way you can advise? 

• Like 2

@Applemintz Nice read.

I find it charitable in YM's part to carry and introduce new talents in her drama. She's already an established actress herself but I hope she could also pursue proj. she finds interesting to play for herself no matter the billing.

There is still time for Dilraba to break free from pressure to play lead. She could have added more to her portfolio with quality roles found in support roles.

Its nice to know Vengo's mentor looks out for him. Exposure to the best will bring out the best in him too. 

If freaking Disney already reach out to them, there is a bigger chance now to see them in international standard film (It doesnt really needed to be Hollywood per se). 

I don't understand how agency/studio works, but for Vengo's case, if he still could reach roles he likes without Jaywalk limiting him, I see him staying. But if more elaborate roles would require him to be affiliated with other studio, that might be a good reason to leave :heart:

• Like 10
  • Awesome 1

News are starting to spread!!  I have to be honest , I'm still coping with the end of ELOD it's so it's weird to me see them starting new projects with different leads , I would say now there is not probabilities of see or favorite leads togheter again for a long time I had hopes at least a television appearance  , but show must go on !!!  I'm excited to see how diliribea plays this role it sounds very interesting!!! I'm hoing to hear about future projects from gao weiwang too I wish their careers keep rising they booth deserve it

http://www.dramapanda.com/2020/03/wu-lei-replaces-qu-chuxiao-as-dilirebas.html

• Like 4
  • Love 4

OMG if Japanese fans linked -sama to Vengo's name, they really do love and respect him. He gained more international fans :love::heart: Maybe some were already calling him Guang-kamisama or Donghua-tennokamisama / or for Fengjui-kitsunemegumihimesama:heart: (too many titles I dont know if I got it right :joy:)

Edited by LaxClyne
  • Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

31 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

I did try looking up but couldn't find. A bit overwhelming :sweatingbullets: And funny thing is I can't track my own activity especially the pages I liked, only commented post. Is there a way you can advise? 

Page 513 your qouted post, then next page the explanation. Uhm, I can remember because I was asking details too, hehe. As for advise...

Spoiler

When I was small, I'd be randomly asked obscure details to make me more observant. :sweatingbullets: Then I got a job that required nitpicking.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

@LaxClyne Hoping that Jaywalk gets their artists trained in spoken English if they got Disney contacting them for projects. It would be added value for the artists too should there be casting for projects meant for international audience. There's a paradigm shift now in many films recently released like Crazy Rich Asians, Aladdin, and the upcoming Mulan especially.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

@Applemintz thanks for your info and your insight about this company. A good company must have their artists best interest in minds and also consult them on what they would like or would consider for their career. It must be a team effort with the artists so everyone can be satisfied. Agree with you on the second lead role in a quality drama. As fans, we love to see our favs in a leading role but sometimes there are second lead role more worthy than a main lead one. Especially when you work with a great cast and team.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Vengo owned the DH role. Just by the height alone, he's DH. I can not imagine a flower boy DH. Actually, the closest I can feel who can also be DH is the TMOPB Bai Zhen. 

The fans should not be so obnoxious to act as if they know better. They are also right, but not always. The people in charge for casting would know the artist's calibre better than fans. 

I agree, Vengo definitely owned the role. I liked him in TMOPB but in ELOD I really saw how his acting improved so much, he played DH with so much depth and skill whether it was comedic, sarcastic or loving. On the physical side, he's obviously a very tall, attractive man which is what the book/character calls for but he is also sexy and charismatic which not all "good looking" people have. So, Vengo fit Dijun 100%.

If they cast a flower boy type I know I would not have been drawn to the DH character and story.

• Like 14
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1