[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Love the high definition versions - I can see so much better than the raws. I didn’t realise poor ML was tearing when she asked DH if he had no compassion for her. The rims of her eyes were tear-filled and that split second, I actually felt sorry for her. The actress managed to create a 3D character rather than a stock villain - really kudos to her.

I liked how the final battle had so many parallels with the battle with the tiger at Junuo’s execution. Aranya asked Shenye whether his blood could help him cleanse hers before sealing back the demon with her blood; FJ’s DH-nourished blood become the key in destroying ML. Both ladies also rubbed their hands on the blades of the sword (FJ, you’re so courageous, did not need chicken blood in the first place!) to get the job done. It’s like the dream arc and reality were so similar, full of misunderstandings between the protagonists that it could have gone either way. A case of what it could have been vs (thankfully) what happened in the end. 

Still cried buckets in Ep 55 - I mean seriously, that entire episode is a tearjerker. Finally going to bed now prepared to have swollen eyes tomorrow. 

• Like 6
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

3 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Right!!! What crap were they thinking of when they did the final edit. Wow..this will definitely make a lot of fans go beserk. Pitch forks, assemble!!

The easter egg scene looks like the scene just before the finale if it made the final cut as it is the Boat ride to the Holy Blue Sea.. i am ok with the ending, lovely scene (where their love is seen without words) but this one would be nice in front of the final shot.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Not just her dad. Don’t forget that elder

brother....

And grandpa Bai Yi to join the fray once in a while, hahaha!  But that baby will have same allies as mom - Zhe Yan and Bai Zhen :naughty:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

26 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Yes, looks like it is not everything. But thankful still that they eventually listen and post that clip. 

BAI GUN GUN : Dong Hua Di Jun one true love rival. :tounge_wink:

@classyviews Awesome write-up. I enjoyed reading your thoughts on ELOD. Your take on love and its form deserves a :thumbsup:

Each stage just brought them closer together and they both grow from it. Without the sweetness and bitterness, one would fail to treasure and cherish. All forms of love comes from sacrifices. Love and life is not a destination. It is the journey of getting there that matters most.

Ah, but I see those hands reaching for BGG, hahahah! DH may not allow BGG to hug mom, but he can't stop mom hugging BGG! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

12 minutes ago, mtalspaugh said:

I need someone to give us english for the boat ride! I don't understand chinese!!! waaaaa!

@Yori Ten translated it on page 457! I copied it again for you to read :)

4 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

@Shane Tricia Facultad

BGG to DH : Father, your hometown is so beautiful. Compared to the 9 heavens, here is much more beautiful. Mom, father, and Gun Gun should live here later.

DH to FJ : Gun Gun's reaction is similar to you when you first came to Bihai Changling.

FJ to GG : If Gun Gun like it here, then we will stay here.

GG to FJ : Of course, I like mom the most.

DH to GG : Ey, I am the only one who can hug your mom. Why don't Gun Gun hug father instead.

Fast translation...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Ah, but I see those hands reaching for BGG, hahahah! DH may not allow BGG to hug mom, but he can't stop mom hugging BGG! 

:joy: That's why BGG is DH's toughest and greatest love rival yet. He'll have to share notes on tactics with Ye Hua.:naughty:

• Like 2
  • LOL 11

30 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

And grandpa Bai Yi to join the fray once in a while, hahaha!  But that baby will have same allies as mom - Zhe Yan and Bai Zhen :naughty:

Zhe Yan and Bai Zhen are such enablers. Without them baby FJ would never become a maid and started her journey.:wub:

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Insightful 1

40 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

That angle though!:joy: DH's hand is the same size as BGG's face. And FJ's outreaching arms "come to mommy". Shameless until the end DH, this was the light-hearted family scene we needed, everyone with their respective true personalities, but still loving at the same time.

I can see that Di Jun really loves his son. He offered his hugs instead! :heart:

• Like 7
  • Love 4

Thank you for translating the overview of the interviews! I’ve yet to watch Vengo’s interview cuz I don’t wanna be crying at work lol. I’ve seen Dilraba’s and I could feel the nostalgia behind her words and wishes for DH, FJ, and BGG. The boat scene is darling—I wish we could have more clips of this family together :bawling:

It’s been such a roller coaster ride from beginning to end, I still can’t believe it’s over. The post drama depression is real, guys. I can’t even bring myself to rewatch the later episodes with subs lol.

The new BTS and interview clips do bring some closure though. And it’s still fun to check in here to see what you guys are talking about (I’m kinda 20 pages behind so I hope I can catch up!)

• Like 7
  • Love 3

My take on the Three Lives Three Worlds (三生三世)universe.

All journeys written by Tang Qi (唐七)has all of the following: laughter, love, sadness, bitterness and pain (like the flavours, sour, sweet, bitter, spicy) (酸甜苦辣) but it will end up with a couple who will truly accept each other for who they are and will love each other till the end of time (well since they are immortal). And it doesn't even matter how old or young the characters are. You just find love when you find it (Ye Hua at 50,000 years old, Feng jiu at 32,000, Dong Hua at well over 300,000 and Bai Qian at 140,000). And you just need to learn how to treasure it.

We now have the journey of Bai Qian/Ye Hua (白浅/夜华)and Bai Feng Jiu/Dong Hua (白凤九/东华). Now we just need to wait for Lian Song/Cheng Yu, Mo Yuan/Shao Wan, Two smaller stories from this universe will also be written. Tang Qi is aiming to get Book 1 (mortal arc) of Lian Song/Cheng Yu's (Lotus steps - 步生莲)  story out in print in the later end of this year.

Tang Qi's Q & A and something interesting is currently being translated by our ELOD translation team so stay tuned and watch this space! :blush:

• Like 12
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 5

I didn't watch the last episodes yet. But here I am, crying while reading the leads goodbye interviews, thanks for all the translation. I fell in love with Donghua and Fengjiu while watching TMOPB a few months ago. I was more interested by them than the main leads. Then , I heard that this storyline wasn't true to their real love story. I found the novel and read it. It was bittersweet, beautiful and heartbreaking. I wanted it more, more of them and their story. The drama finally came out. I didn't expect too much because novel adaptation can be disappointing. While I didn't like everything (mortal arc, it's always you), I was satisfied so far. Fengjiu and Donghua's journey gave me all the feels like their book counterpart. I got to see the heartbroken, chastened, badass, dumb, filial, lover Fengjiu and the arrogant, shameless, jealous, sulking, man of honour, lover Donghua. Their love and their hardships.The actors were amazing in giving life to these characters. I don't want it to end. Now, I'm gonna grab my tissues and watch the last episodes. I'll be back.

• Like 11
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, 9tRedFox said:

You mean all of us? :D

You want to build a harem for him? :lol:

@bertrande You're not the only one with swollen eyes tomorrow. Even though I know they will have their HE I still cried non-stop watching the last 2 episodes.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

5 minutes ago, pawla said:

@bertrande You're not the only one with swollen eyes tomorrow. Even though I know they will have their HE I still cried non-stop watching the last 2 episodes.

While watching the preview for the last episode,  I didn't expect to cry that much. Now I have to be ready to cry a river soon :bawling: I'm only at episode 50 today

• Like 4

9 hours ago, vivi0303 said:

That angle though!:joy: DH's hand is the same size as BGG's face. And FJ's outreaching arms "come to mommy". Shameless until the end DH, this was the light-hearted family scene we needed, everyone with their respective true personalities, but still loving at the same time.

Hmm, DH might have said only he can hug FJ so that he can have all the hugs from BGG. Two hundred years to make up for the lost hugs between father and son.:wub: Remember, he had wanted to have cubs way, way back.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

Ok now this is the end I felt the necessity to review each chapter in a way to take my time to say goodbye to this story

Chapter 53

Spoiler

Oh boy!!!! This was the bad thing about knowing what was gonna
happen I couldn’t enjoy those sweet moments when they were
admiring the wedding dress and cooking, my heart was breaking
every time they talked about the future after the wedding,
“ We are gonna be happy and together forever “  I was internally
screaming like: “noooooo oh noooooo” and I bet Donghua
was like that too ,Man he knew!! He knew!!  That’s why he offers
to give his cultivation to Qing ti, he knew that forever and
ever may not be that long!! Well  acted  Vengo!  You could see
the worry and sadness in his eyes , then the banquet  I could feel
the disappointment of fengjiu`s parents, I wonder how they worked
that out when they learn the truth and about his grandson,
Fengjiu didn’t give up that easily she gave, Donghua 
the benefit of the doubt and Chong ling Good bless him he really
tried, and now…..  F+CK YOU JIHENG !!! F+++CK  YOU!!!!
Yes I read the book and knew what happened but watching this
scene with the dialogue, I was like biiitch!! How do you think
you are ?!!! how dare you to ask such things!!! Donghua never
gave you the special treatment, never treat you different out
the rest,  he was always cold to you!!! Where do you get that he
will give you another chance?? You never had a chance!!
Like we say in my country: ¡¡¡AMIGA DATE CUENTA!!!!! (friend real
ize it)  And xiao yan,  you loved jiheng  that much but you never were that selfish tried to break a couple 

my fiend Jiheng ,the one that doesnt realize donghua never even looked at her 

Q7Y2kqK.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1