[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

5 minutes ago, ces8 said:

My question that keeps boggling in my mind is, what is really Donghua's true form? They said it's a rock but I don't think so because he just sprang in the blue seaout of nowhere though in aranya's dream when he was fighting with the serpent he transformed into a phoenix and sometimes a dragon. I just concluded tht since he's the master of the universe he can be anything he wants to be. 

The author had to write it as the most quiet birth in all the realms, in fact nobody even knew he was even born. DH's probably going to take his true form to the grave just to be contrary, he's mean enough to make us keep guessing forever and ever.:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

34 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

@Yori Ten how are Chinese fans? are they chill with the cut boat scene?  I really hope for all the cut scenes to be shown, it will be the cherry on top for ELOD.

Chill is not the word you would use to describe our Cnet fans. More like raging mad and about to stab Tencent with multiples sharpened Chang'he. I don't know what plans they have with regard to special edition, directors's cut etc. Up until now, they have not announced anything. So, fans are pleading and begging and the waiting game begins.

@pawla Ahh..uhhh..uhh...I thought my emotions have already settled after a night of sleep. Why did I have to replay the farewell interview and stir up those tears again..:tears:

The second time watching is just as heart piercing. The editing team did wonderful with his interview clip adding the BGM and inserting the scenes. He looks like he is holding back his sadness but you can clearly see from his eyes and voice. He tried to compose himself. What a wonderful wonderful actor you are! 

• Like 7
  • Love 5

6 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Chill is not the word you would use to describe our Cnet fans. More like raging mad and about to stab Tencent with multiples sharpened Chang'he. I don't know what plans they have with regard to special edition, directors's cut etc. Up until now, they have not announced anything. So, fans are pleading and begging and the waiting game begins.

@pawla Ahh..uhhh..uhh...I thought my emotions have already settled after a night of sleep. Why did I have to replay the farewell interview and stir up those tears again..:tears:

The second time watching is just as heart piercing. The editing team did wonderful with his interview clip assing the BGM and inserting the scenes. He looks like he is holding back his sadness but you can clearly see from his eyes and voice. He tried to compose himself. What a wonderful wonderful actor you are! 

I know there are so many actors in china right now but how is Vengo's fame after ELOD? I am sure he gained a lot of international fans.  But how about china?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, ces8 said:

My question that keeps boggling in my mind is, what is really Donghua's true form? They said it's a rock but I don't think so because he just sprang in the blue seaout of nowhere though in aranya's dream when he was fighting with the serpent he transformed into a phoenix and sometimes a dragon. I just concluded tht since he's the master of the universe he can be anything he wants to be. 

Brrrrrr....he is not even a rock according to TQ. She just said that he is as if sprang from a rock. She didn't reveal what actually he is. For me, as long as he is not a rooster, I am fine with whatever. I remembered in the book during his last battle with ML, he turned into various creatures..a dragon, a phoenix and even...a unicorn?! So maybe he has multiple forms. He is like Doraemon's pouch? 

• LOL 12
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

@Yori Ten They shouldn't release teasers like that if they aren't planning something. Tencent might lose the support for their other shows. It shouldn't be difficult for them, they already have the materials. And if they were doing some releases with other Tencent projects that ended, ELOD deserves too the same treatment.

I wonder if it's really 60ep for Korean release. If it is, I would merrily watch again.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

The author had to write it as the most quiet birth in all the realms, in fact nobody even knew he was even born. DH's probably going to take his true form to the grave just to be contrary, he's mean enough to make us keep guessing forever and ever.:joy:

I also agree it's Donghua's style...:lol:

• Like 3

Just now, MayanEcho said:

@Yori Ten They shouldn't release teasers like that if they aren't planning something. Tencent might lose the support for their other shows. It shouldn't be difficult for them, they already have the materials. And if they were doing some releases with other Tencent projects that ended, ELOD deserves too the same treatment.

I wonder if it's really 60ep for Korean release. If it is, I would merrily watch again.

The problem is they didn't release the cuts as teasers per se. If you follow closely, the scenes were inserted into various interviews. The boat ride were inserted into interview with the costume designer and Reba's. Other cut scenes were inserted into other BTS. Fans are eagle eyed and once they saw those clips, they would expect them to be included in the broadcast. So yes, big blunder either way.

Regarding the 60 eps overseas edition, Weibo is buzzed with this rumor. I have seen a lot of posts but so far, we just don't know. The Korean version have just started broadcasting so all we can do is wait. I do hope somewhere there will be an uncut version.

I also saw a rumor on Weibo. By rumor I meant just that so don't take it too seriously. Someone posted that ELOD production actually filmed enough materials for 70 episodes. The first few eposodes were supposed to be about DH and his 72 generals battling. That is why we saw those leaked.pics of a young Dong Hua. Someone posted a question to the actor playing BY (FJ's father) and asked if they filmed the battle scenes. He said yes, they did.

So, the materials have been filmed. Although they did initially planned to release only 60 , so even then a lot of scenes would have ended up on the cutting floor anyways. By reducing it even more to 56, we can only imagine how much have to be edited out.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

I also agree it's Donghua's style...:lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

6 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

The problem is they didn't release the cuts as teasers per se. If you follow closely, the scenes were inserted into various interviews. The boat ride were inserted into interview with the costume designer and Reba's. Other cut scenes were inserted into other BTS. Fans are eagle eyed and once they saw those clips, they would expect them to be included in the broadcast. So yes, big blunder either way.

Regarding the 60 eps overseas edition, Weibo is buzzed with this rumor. I have seen a lot of posts but so far, we just don't know. The Korean version have just started broadcasting so all we can do is wait. I do hope somewhere there will be an uncut version.

I also saw a rumor on Weibo. By rumor I meant just that so don't take it too seriously. Someone posted that ELOD production actually filmed enough materials for 70 episodes. The first few eposodes were supposed to be about DH and his 72 generals battling. That is why we saw those leaked.pics of a young Dong Hua. Someone posted a question to the actor playing BY (FJ's father) and asked if they filmed the battle scenes. He said yes, they did.

So, the materials have been filmed. Although they did initially planned to release only 60 , so even then a lot of scenes would have ended up on the cutting floor anyways. By reducing it even more to 56, we can only imagine how much have to be edited out.

Would love to see DH and his legendary 72 generals...Im curious to what DH is like during prehiatoric time and battle...I think he's  a different person back then...I want to see the ruthless Donghua before my eyes until he united all the realms...

• Like 6
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, ces8 said:

Would love to see DH and his legendary 72 generals...Im curious to what DH is like during prehiatoric time and battle...I think he's  a different person back then...I want to see the ruthless Donghua before my eyes until he united all the realms...

They should make another drama on dong hau dijun. How he become the master of the universe. That would be epic.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Yori Ten said:

Ok, I need some light hearted laughs for now.

Smile with the Males of ELOD doing the fox song! DH, are you boxing???

DH is so deadpan...like he just had a botox injection or something lol.  My daughters want the full version together with Chengyu, Reba, Angel Liu etc!! URGH!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Dao Tran said:

They should make another drama on dong hau dijun. How he become the master of the universe. That would be epic.

A lot of fans will be thrilled like a stand alone book all dediacated for Donghua...hope Tangqi is reading this...I would say Donghua's( character in the novel) is to be considered an iconic titular role...I think there is more story to tell because his character is so mysterious and even his origin is vague...can't deny that a lot of fans are thirsty and want more...❤

• Like 9

Ahh this is the end of the bittersweet journey. Bcs of covid-19, my morale has been down as I can’t be with my family back home. Staying alone does make us more melancholic. I’m holding myself from watching these until the condition get better, I’m afraid i will be more distressed watching the sad scenes. 

Thank god for the boat scene, will repeat that for the time being. And hoping for tencent to release the uncut version. We deserve it. We’ve been waiting for 3 years. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

34 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Ok, I need some light hearted laughs for now.

Smile with the Males of ELOD doing the fox song! DH, are you boxing???

PS : Click the expand icon on the bottom right for full screen. 

:lol: i always love Lian Song I've grown fond of him...too bad siming is not included...

• Like 2
  • Love 2

There is still so much to say to ELOD.

The CGI was fantastic. Some said here that TMOPB has a lot more budget than ELOD but the way I see the CGI in ELOD was much more detailed. What did TMOBP expensed on much? Director? Actors? But definitely not CGI. The landscape in ELOD was so elaborate, Aranyas terrace waterfall view is to die for. 

The details in 3W, the themes and the furnitures is commendable. That incense was always burning. Though we could have better clothes for heaven scenes, mortal and Aranya's has better choices.

I love mortal realm arc. I couldn't find fault in it in my first view but we'll seeeee.. My fave is still Aranya's.

The editing team :joy: They can't even decide which FJ arm to use, the bended arm or the stretched arm? LOL

The actors. 

YCW/Ruilin(?) - He's a great heavy drama actor. I love him in TMOPB. I haven't check his next projects but I hope he considers heavy(ier) drama I feel its where he's strength is.

They casted a strong Juono. Nie Chuyin too. I hope they do well in future projs.

JH/Yuxin - I believe she did great. We should note that she loves PB and I believe she bought the rights even before the great success of TMOPB. FJ was her dream role. TMOPB was such a success she couldn't materialize it because D owned her portrayal of FJ. I'm thankful she conceded and just gave fans what we want. I think she wanted to contribute more to 'love intricacies' storyline but this won't work in her character. Its better if they edit JH exit story, her being friends with YCW is a better option.

Now to V and D. These two already nailed (and immortalized) their tandem DH and FJ.

I think V can be more adventurous in his projects. Though he has specific strength in acting (subtle expressions), he could variate it to play memorable characters. I know he can. I'll 'stalk' him to witness it:heart:.

I feel like D has a pressure to play lead? She shouldn't be. (I heard too she has difficulty getting roles due to some factors). There are important roles she could play to gain experience, fame and fortune in acting. A deuteragonist or even a support could do her more (same to V) even if she's already a star in her own. :heart:

ELOD could still gain more so more powers :heart:

• Like 10
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

18 minutes ago, ces8 said:

A lot of fans will be thrilled like a stand alone book all dediacated for Donghua...hope Tangqi is reading this...I would say Donghua's( character in the novel) is to be considered an iconic titular role...I think there is more story to tell because his character is so mysterious and even his origin is vague...can't deny that a lot of fans are thirsty and want more...❤

Thing is you will see his backstory in Bodhi fate. Shaowan was involved in that war. Books are interconnected. So standalone is pointless to write from a fiction writer standpoint.  I’d say if all goes well the next 4 to 6 books should be on the market over the next 6 to 7 years.

Patience is virtue. This is a book series, we will have the full big picture once all 4 stories of the 4 couples are out and also the 2 side couple stories regarding the black and white lords of the mortal world’s gatekeepers - siblings , Xie Gu Chou, black lord and Xie Hua Lou, white lord (she is paired to Yan Chi Wu)

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Thing is you will see his backstory in Bodhi fate. Shaowan was involved in that war. Books are interconnected. So standalone is pointless to write from a fiction writer standpoint. 

Cant wait to read all the books...can't get enough of Donghua and this Three Worlds three lives universe...

• Like 4