[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

3 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

I'll go sharpen mine and join you:triumph:

True, the carving statuettes scene is LAME. There, I said it out loud. Tried to be cordial and understanding at first but knowing what they cut off in order to broadcast that skin crawling scene got my blood boiling. Standby pitchfork sisters! :skull:

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

6 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for their support and the ending message which was basically telling people to believe they can find their one true love (where he cited Dong Hua, the old bachelor, who appeared destined to lead a life of loneliness also finding his love, then so can you too!)

Vengo's translation from beginning till 2:09.

The end has approached so quickly, I had hoped that it could go on (last for longer) but things have to come to an end, there ought to be a conclusion. Being together with Dong Hua, (this chance meeting) again, I truly treasure and appreciate him. I think it can be said that we both succeeded. As an actor, it’s not easy to find a role that suits you well and being able to grasp onto this role is indeed my good fortune.

So, I would like to say to Dong Hua, “Thank you”. “I hope that in your world, you can continue loving Feng Jiu, your Xiao Bai, and your Gun Gun, mayhaps a second Gun Gun, (hahaha) that depends on your ability.

As for Feng Jiu I would like to say, “Although we had a lot of misunderstandings, (background voice of Dong Hua saying, “You mean the little red fox is Xiao Bai?”) but we have a love that is mutual which will last forever and ever…. And also, please stop being jealous - I have only loved you, from the very beginning, it has ever only been you. (background voice of Dong Hua speaking, “Hidden behind the Yueling flower, a little fox has been hidden. And even though at that time, it wasn’t romantic love, Xiao Bai, I have looked upon you differently, compared with others.”)

He really embraced the romantic DH character so well. He can say these cheesy lines without blushing now:heart: 

Such humility. I wish him only the best in his upcoming endeavors, and sincerely hope they will be as unforgettable and exceptional as his portrayal of DHDJ.

• Like 7
  • Love 9

@SC2019 thanks you much for translating....My eyes are getting watery reading their final interview.  Will miss ELOD so much.  Cant thank R and V for giving life to Dong Feng.  I hope we get to see them in the other series from tang qi :blush:. Bravo to all the cast!

The VVIP users must be fuming right now!

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

As for Feng Jiu I would like to say, “Although we had a lot of misunderstandings, (background voice of Dong Hua saying, “You mean the little red fox is Xiao Bai?”) but we have a love that is mutual which will last forever and ever…. And also, please stop being jealous - I have only loved you, from the very beginning, it has ever only been you. (background voice of Dong Hua speaking, “Hidden behind the Yueling flower, a little fox has been hidden. And even though at that time, it wasn’t romantic love, Xiao Bai, I have looked upon you differently, compared with others.”)

FJ have said I like you, I like you so much to DH in the drama. I don't remember DH saying directly to her that he likes her. He used a question the first time *How do I proof to you that I like you* The second time was when he answered FJ and said I love you in the Starlight formation. Correct me if I am wrong.

It would have been nice to hear him say the bolded part to her. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

Vengo's goodbye interview.

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4484287900072032

Fraxk, I CRIED. Why do you have to make his interview so emotional. Why!! Gosh darn it. This is it, I am really saying goodbye. Tissues....

He said it. He said it.

Feng Jiu, I LOVE YOU. 我爱你。I have only loved you. From the beginning until the end, I love you.

Beautifully said. He even told Dong Hua to have another Gun Gun. So cute. I loved it when he told everyone that it is possible to find love regardless of how old you are.

• Like 9
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

Vengo's goodbye interview.

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4484287900072032

Fraxk, I CRIED. Why do you have to make his interview so emotional. Why!! Gosh darn it. This is it, I am really saying goodbye. Tissues....

He said it. He said it.

Feng Jiu, I LOVE YOU. 我爱你。I have only loved you. From the beginning until the end, I love you.

I can't wait for the fan translation, *sigh..  it's bittersweet, can't believe it's done.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

FJ have said I like you, I like you so much to DH in the drama. I don't remember DH saying directly to her that he likes her. He used a question the first time *How do I proof to you that I like you* The second time was when he answered FJ and said I love you in the Starlight formation. Correct me if I am wrong.

He said I love you when they both were dying and fengjiu asked him  to say he likes her, I think this was the moment when he realize he hadn't tell her directly his feelings that is why he looked at her for so long before telling her

• Like 8
  • Love 8

43 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

In a way, this is even better. Bc it is his own words as his character DH. It came naturally to include it into his exit interview as his character, his interpretation, his goodbye to both DH and FJ. That's why he is so remarkable, bc he was able to ad-lib what the scriptwriters failed to see, what needed to be added/vocalized.:heart:

• Like 9
  • Love 7

4 minutes ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

He said I love you when they both were dying and fengjiu asked him  to say he likes her, I thing this was the moment he realize he hadn't tell her directly his feelings thats why he looked at her for so long before telling her

Yeah, I remembered the last part, in his dying moments that he expressed his love. Not before that.

2 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

In a way, this is even better. Bc it is his own words as his character DH. It came naturally to include it into his exit interview as his character, his interpretation, his goodbye to both DH and FJ. That's why he is so remarkable, bc he was able to ad-lib what the scriptwriters failed to see what needed to be added/vocalized.:heart:

Gee, we know the drama and the book inside out. I am even amazed at myself. Haha..

Yes, I do agree with you on the significant of his final interview. That was why I cried watching it. Very well expressed and I feel like I am really saying goodbye to DH now.

高伟光后无东华! :heart:

• Like 7
  • Love 8

@Yori Ten "and I feel like I am really saying goodbye to DH now" - I think Vengo felt that too and he was sad about it. After replaying his interview a few times and having it rub off on me, I agree with @vivi0303 that the bashful, self-proclaimed introverted Vengo still has (after 2 years of completing the filming) the character in his heart and can convince us he remains the Dong Hua, who is ever as much in love with Feng Jiu, as he was back then. Kudos to him!

I hope he gets other assignments where he feels he can portray the character well and I hope that he eventually settles down with someone who loves him for who he is!

• Like 18
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

I hope they subbed lead's farewell immediately. Though... Dilraba's interview was filmed way beforehand? 

Done with 55-56 :bawling:

Spoiler

I cant handle DH(Vengo in the farewell interview too) being emotional. I can't:bawling:. (Why did I fell in love again just to be hurt by this guy's :dissapointed_relieved: emotions? Lol)

My notes:

They created a befitting final episodes. Of course they can make it great if they released cut scenes.

I hope TQ makes FJ evil cleansing blood canon. She has a chance in her next books.

I've always thought ML has the best robe. I love rubies. And she and DH definitely has a past, that was some ML unrequited love right there.

Unexpectedly I like how ZL told ML events to FJ. In the book he was just like a dear household keeper (I thought he was olddd) who resented FJ for bringing DH to his death. In the drama he is the 'right hand man' who knows DH's 'with great power comes great responsibility', thus he already accepted DH fate, his death match with ML. :thumbsup:

When FJ said 'you don't need to give me anything, we're even'. I feel like she's referring to BGG. His token that she already have and :heart:

Whenever FJ 'inserts' (esp JH) someone in their life, DH makes me smile. He's reaction is always like 'WhyTF are you including people in our relationship?!?' LOL

They can't decide which FJ and DH 'near death scene' to include, so they just included them both :joy: In the book I always felt that the near death scene was too abrupt. I cant relate to it before. The drama made me appreciate this more. Its just that the transition to the next scene ruined the flow. I love the 2nd death scene too but the emotional flowwww :wacko:

BGG!!!:heart::joy: Love their faces esp YCW. Isn't Xie Guchou(?) a demon? 

I'm just happy now I'll write my critics tomorrow :relaxed:

:heart::heart:

LOL my brother saw YCW and he was like 'WTF is that Michael Jackson?' :joy:

Im very happy with this series. I dunno why most people who read a book that turned into movie or series ended up with disliking the adaptation to the core like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings maybe? I've got to catch first GOT S1 before I got to read its book 1 that was written like a children's book. They are very different but I cant hate the adaptation.

Seriously, like 90% of the conversation in the book including the thoughts, I can point in the drama (at least in the translation) I wasn't expecting something like this coz of my initial perception. 

Congratulations to us Pillow Book lovers. Thanks to all who made it happen. To our beloved Vengo and Dilraba. This we can treasure much :heart:.

(I want to say more but this is too long already :joy:. P2 later LOL.)

• Like 10
  • Love 2

God this drama is over!! 

Okay composed!!

First of all, I am always awed and grateful for Soompi forums and the amazing people here who not only understand the passion and fan-girl/boy/non-binary energy  for such dramas but truly support one another.

Plus its a great place to participate and be.

Kudos to all of you lovely humans. :heart:

Now personally, It took me three readings to really like the book and I am very happy with the way the dram interpreted and showed the characters.

Its one thing to read and another to visualise

and there are some portions where I prefer the drama( yes I am talking about FJ knowing DH is Xize) 

This drama was all about love and its forms

The possessive kind -  mortal arc : where SX passion for XJ all but led to his ruin ( though he might understand her reasons) 

Her actions were harsh and cold and downright manipulative and sad; we should not forget that despite knowing that she had no other choice.  FJ did what she had to, and suffered.

The OMG you take my breath away kind - DJ and FJ in the nine heavens and all the shenanigan's that follow. God those portions were gold and hilarious. They showed the growth FJ had over the years and the maturity she had to pick up due to becoming a ruler at such an young age. The only thing she probably did for herself wholly was love Dijun. 

DH meanwhile was thrown off guard at a fairy who not only wanted nothing to do with him but also made sure of it. Plus she was a beauty enough to stir his heart. I think he was drawn to her because subconsciously he was feeling the presence of the baby fox in her. 

The "Actions dont speak louder than words" kind of love - Fanyin valley; again Hilarious but truly showed how DJ was seeing and feeling about her. The misunderstandings here were due to the past FJ was clinging too and because DJ had no sense how his lack of words were actually confusing her. 

This proves again when he decides on his own to keep the danger of Milaou from her and take care of it himself.

Yes she suffered already cause of you but fears especially one that concerns love should not be hidden.

The "tragic love built on misunderstandings and circumstance" kind -  Shen Ye and Aranya - I cant get into detail here I will burst into tears.. Go watch these portions

The " love that grows" -  Everything else comes under this. Love grows with time and it changes; becomes more meaningful and beautiful. Their journey was due to who they are but their nature is no different than two people willing to fight to be together, That always triumphs however the results

There is my take and thoughts

Now I really hope Tang Qi finishes the next two books and we get to discuss the same here. 

p.S: if anyone knows where I can read the eng translation of the latest pillow book special edition, do let me know

Thank you and stay safe from Corona virus!! :love:

• Like 6
  • Love 11
  • Insightful 1

3 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Wait... were there missing clips from this boat scene? I remembered seeing FJ wiping GG's hands... That should come after GG sat in between FJ and DH

Yes, looks like it is not everything. But thankful still that they eventually listen and post that clip. 

BAI GUN GUN : Dong Hua Di Jun one true love rival. :tounge_wink:

20200319-235450.png

@classyviews Awesome write-up. I enjoyed reading your thoughts on ELOD. Your take on love and its form deserves a :thumbsup:

Each stage just brought them closer together and they both grow from it. Without the sweetness and bitterness, one would fail to treasure and cherish. All forms of love comes from sacrifices. Love and life is not a destination. It is the journey of getting there that matters most.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Yes, looks like it is not everything. But thankful still that they eventually listen and post that clip. 

BAI GUN GUN : Dong Hua Di Jun one true love rival. :tounge_wink:

That angle though!:joy: DH's hand is the same size as BGG's face. And FJ's outreaching arms "come to mommy". Shameless until the end DH, this was the light-hearted family scene we needed, everyone with their respective true personalities, but still loving at the same time.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Yes, why why why!!! I am dead. It's too heartwarming! DH is still DH!!

I am the only one who can hug your mom. Ahahahahhaa..and he stopped GG with his hand on his head. DH oh DH!!

THAT IS DH TRUE TO FORM...:naughty:. That is all...:blush:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

6 hours ago, pawla said:

DH having a daughter will be hilarious. I can see the poor girl comes running in tears to her mommy because daddy just chased away her crush :lol: 

Not just her dad. Don’t forget that elder

brother....

• Like 1
  • LOL 11