[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

17 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Thanks.. it's the same answered as

@Ninky about 360 thousands to 380 thousands.

So Zhe Yan and Shao Wan ..10 thousands yrs younger than DH according to Tangqi new book.

And I thinks Bai Zhi also younger than DH..he was DH underlings in the Prehistoric warfare.

Hahhaha cradle snatcher Dong Hua. Who knew you will find your one and only so many years later!!!!

• Love 2

2 hours ago, Ninky said:

i found answer:

苏陌叶是本名,西海二皇子的真实姓名就是苏陌叶,拜入墨渊门下后改名应陶.

The prince of the West Sea, his true name is Su Mo Ye. In the peach blossoms story, he went to Kunlun to cultivate and learn from Mo Yuan and changed his name to 应陶 (Ying Tao). This is common practice in that universe. Most of the disciples are not using their real names. Bai Qian was known as Si Yin as we all know. 

Die Feng was the name used by the show but Ying Tao was the assumed name used in the book. 

After he left kunlun, I assume, he used his birth name Su Mo Ye. 

i am reading parts of peach blossoms now to confirm it lol

能拜入墨渊门下的人,不是皇亲贵族就是能人异士,天份和背景缺一不可,很容易引起注意,所以很多人都换个名字拜师,当年白浅也是用来司音的名字隐藏身份,苏陌叶也是如此。

苏陌叶是个有名的纨绔子弟,四海八荒都知道苏陌叶不务正业,苏陌叶和连宋、白真是好朋友,经常在一起喝酒聊天,白真每次和折颜闹别扭离家出走,都会去找苏陌叶喝酒. This basically is what I explained above. Many disciples are from illustrious families and Su Mo Ye is pretty notorious so they hide their true identity when getting accepted into Kun Lun. It’s no wonder he knows how to forge magical gadgets. 

Wow thank you - was trying to find info on this, you definitely answered my question. Really appreciate it!

2 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

TMOPB drama combine both characters to promote the actor, he is also from Jaywalk. They combine Mo yuan 1st disciple+ 2nd prince (Su mo ye) characters, so thats why its confusing.

@Ninky

Thank you for the information, I always thought they combine both characters to promote the actor since its not explained in book, but I only read TMOPB once so maybe I missed it :sweatingbullets:

2 hours ago, Ninky said:

Has always been Su Mo Ye in the books pretty sure. I can try to reread parts of the peach blossom book to confirm it? Something was changed in the show I think.

Thanks all!

Just wondering, where can i read the book? Both english and chinese will be great!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Redpinkboxes said:

Wow thank you - was trying to find info on this, you definitely answered my question. Really appreciate it!

Thanks all!

Just wondering, where can i read the book? Both english and chinese will be great!

I read it here .. a long time ago. Enjoy!

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, memine said:

I put my reply to you in spoiler tag so it won't bother the flow of the thread.

Reveal hidden contents

Wow... such a disrespectful remark here.. maybe you have your personal disliking to her and have your preferences who to pair with other actors??? Sorry if you mean this as joke only, but i fail to get your humor here. 

I been silence and respectful to other opinions before when some of you compare and criticize Reba was overshadowed by Vengo acting, well because critics can be taken as input to improve her in the future. And also agree to disagree for i may have different opinion, but like i say, I try to be respectful so long as it's voiced in a way not disregarding the actresses or actors, whoever they are, not only about PB. But there are different between critique and mocking or looking down to someone ability. 

Maybe next time when you write your opinion on the net or forum try to think again what if someone write offensive words about my fave, how would i feel reading it? If i want to express my opinion, how to rephrase it so that I won't be disrespectful to others who read it?

Because dear @Sun Tzu not everyone has the same opinion and think highly about your fave too, nor everyone disliking the ones that you don't fancy, so it's vice versa.... next time be more sensible in the future... that's all i can say

Nicely said, thank you 

I think regardless of our personal preferences, it is better to watch how we address some issues.

And the actors deserve more respect, they have worked hard and I am sure had try their best to make a drama series that fulfilled fans expectations. 

My wish for both Vengo and Reba, to have more successful career ahead.

• Like 6

Hi Gals, i think the owner probably deleted it.  It was about a beauty contest where Bai Qian only won the 1st year while FJ was the winner for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th year.

ali was asking if his mother is not as beautiful as FJ

Si ming then said something along the line that yehua served only one term of judges while dong hua served 4 times.

• Like 2
  • LOL 12
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

Hi Gals, i think the owner probably deleted it.  It was about a beauty contest where Bai Qian only won the 1st time while FJ was the winner for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th time. 

Is there another available link to this story? 

• Like 1

Guys, don't fight. I don't think there is anybody here who is disrespectful, we all put time and effort in this thread and more importantly waited 3 years for it to become a reality. Of course there will be some disappointment. And of course we still wish D+V all the best. Cause we are true fans, in the process of deciding to which thread to move together next :D

On the other hand, fortune favors the bold. And for someone supposed to possess the courage to defy destiny, DH+FJ have been choosing the safe zone for too long ;)

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

An excerptions from PB 1 when FJ asked Zhe Yan about DH that's wasn't written in the History book.

Zheyan held a wine cup as he mischievously smiled: “Don’t judge
Donghua by the cold masks he puts on. In reality he’s the object of many a
woman’s admiration.”

Donghua, with his handsome countenance, youthfulness, and legendary achievements, was unsurprisingly the ideal husband to many ladies from the various clans. There was a young lady from a demonic family who was quite famous at the time, being crowned as the land’s most sophisticated beauty. She was one of his admirers. This young lady longed for Donghua so fervently that one night she came and hid herself within his residence.
At night when Donghua returned and found a beauty behind his bed
curtain, he was slightly shocked.
“Coming back so late at night, you’ve made me wait quite miserably,
Sire~~~”
Donghua bent down and lifted the maiden into his arms. Her breath
quickened. “How impatient you are, Sire~~~”
This impatient Donghua carried his beauty to the door, and without a
change in his expression, threw her out in one quick toss. He didn't forget
to latch his door and blow out the light.
The young miss didn’t give up right away. It took quite a few more tosses
for her to eventually stop. But she had started a whole new trend.
Although getting kicked out by Donghua was a guaranteed thing, word
had it that he was at least kind enough to carry the lady from his bed to the
door. Many young ladies felt that it was still worth it to be in his arms
even for a few brief moments. From then on, the demonic ladies found
ways to undo the force field he cast around his house, and raced each other
to sneak into his bed.
As time went on, Donghua became lazy and no longer bothered with a
force field. He treated the act of throwing out a beauty each night before
bed as a type of training, and was able to live in peace for many years.

Zheyan unhurriedly poured more wine into his cup. “It was so bad that
when Fushen came to the Blue Sea and asked Donghua to come with him,
Donghua followed with nary a word. Women from the Deity clan at least
had more restraints than those from the Demon clan, but he wasn’t ever
truly at peace until the day he entered Taichen Palace.”
He feigned a sigh. “For a hero to go into hiding like that, no wonder
women are called tigresses. This is similar to Moyuan of Kunlun refusing
to take female disciples. In the past when your aunt became his student,
she had had to dress as a boy. Fortunately your aunt didn’t walk on the
same path as his previous female students. Otherwise Moyuan wouldn’t
be so lofty when he sees me now.”
After spilling other people’s secrets, Zheyan freely reminded her,
“Although it’s as I told you, don’t write such things in your essays at
school. Teachers will only want the correct answers. However, correct
answers and the truth are never the same.”
Fengjiu was happy to hear that Donghua found the women who liked him
bothersome.
But then she thought about herself and worried that he might
not like her either. She held her notebook and worriedly asked Zheyan, “If he doesn’t like women, nor does he like men, then does he not like
anything?”
Difficult question. Zheyan thought a while and replied, “I’m guessing
Donghua might like furry velvety things.”
“He likes monkeys?” Fengjiu asked dejectedly. Then with a wounded
look, she added, “What evidence do you have?”

Clearing his throat, Zheyan replied, “Are all furry velvety things monkeys?
How did that make you think of monkeys? It’s not monkeys. I only
thought since all three of his riding beasts are furry, he might prefer furry
things more.”
Fengjiu immediately brightened up. She shape-shifted back to her original
form, her fore limb was still grasping onto her notebook. “I’m a furry
animal too! Say, do you think he’d like me?” She then realized what she
had said and hastily raised her paw to rub her nose. “That is... I was just
asking out of curiosity.”
Zheyan said with some interest, “He likes slightly mightier ones. His
riding animals have always been tigers and lions.”
“Look at me. Am I mighty or not?” Fengjiu said as she bared her teeth and
emitted a low growl.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I am rewatching the drama on Viki. My gosh, the translation makes alot more sense. I can watch the drama without getting stuck and trying to make sense of the conversations.

While rewatching the drama, one thing that really stood out is how beautiful Reba is as FJ and how handsome Vengo is as DJ. Novels often describes the main leads as stunningly attractive, I can't say that for most novel characters in live action dramas, but Reba and Vengo definitely lived up to the descriptions.

Also, the sets and CGI. They must have spent a fortune on this drama. There were so many beautiful sets and streamless CGIs scenes. The drama as a whole was a delicious visual feast.

I have never thought of this before, but what a treat it would be if Reba and Vengo gets to work on another fantasy drama together again. 

• Like 15
  • Love 4