[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

@mandy77777I am not blame on the casts for the ending. They done an excellent jobs, specially SYJ and JHI. However, the ending is so short, just a few line cannot explain anything. At least it should be 2+ eps more to show how struggle the lovely couple had when they were living apart, then how they are willing to give up everything to reconcile each other. The writer and PD spent too much time in the beginning, however, at the end, they realize that there is no time at all, so they just wrap up to try to finish on time. Anyway, I have to thank you Mr/Ms. Writer and Mr. PD for giving me a chance to "name them on my blacklist". That is my opinion. 

I still support Ms. Son Ye Jin, without her I cannot have a good drama so far (up to eps 14 only).

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hqdefault.jpgtumblr_p79c5ylKs61r1my6mo1_400.gifKorean-drama-to-watch-Something-in-the-R

Just like in how relationships are not perfect either are dramas.  And I so agree with @dramaninja and others here who are like myself so very tired of going through so much.  Or like in this drama given so many beautiful and lovely moments only to have them separate and then to just be given 5 minutes of heaven that felt like 5 seconds of what's suppose to be a perfect view of a happy ending.  And don't even get me started on talking about the flood of open endings in dramas lately as well.  As a viewer I'm not asking for a miracle just a little more happiness that's all...  Allow us to savor the reunion in the same way you allowed us to fall in love with them in the first place.

Just more time of them being happy, together and one...

I honestly didn't see or feel these characters having the kind of ending they received.  Because to me they were both at fault and I can't wrap my mind or my heart around it being one or the other.  They both made mistakes, they both loved each other like crazy.  They both suffered, endured and felt lose and at times lost.  And the one thing that never changed was their hearts or their longing for one another.  Neither of them no matter what words were being spoken out loud could deny the whisper of truth within their hearts. In knowing there could be no other...

I guess to me after having LOADS OF PASSION & LOVE POURED DOWN ON US LIKE RAIN heck it was more like HAIL!!!!  COVERING US week after week and filling our minds with romance and our hearts with warmth.   Oh how I wish this writer could have given us an ending like it's beginning.  I don't even care when, how or where but a moment of truth seeing reality hit them like lightening!!!  Flooding their eyes with tears and their hearts with sorrow watching them both realizing that they in their own way were at fault.  Desperately without caring about anything or anyone else for once only thinking about themselves and needing and wanting one another...

At the perfect moment sooner than later!!!   Started running towards each other as fast as they could almost as if  they were in a panic I can't get to him or her fast enough.  For when you realize just how much you love them and can't live another day without them you don't want to waste even one more second...

With rain pouring down upon them and them as usual not caring always as if their souls are freely dancing in the rain.  Of course that melody entering we know now by heart being heard in the background.  Just that picture of their eyes first meeting and arms grasping, embracing and finally their lips doing all the talking that would be needed...

No dreaming needed I think you know what I mean...

They would know and so would we just how sorry they were, yet thankful to be.

Together once again where they truly were always and forever meant to be..

That's the beauty of imagination you can create your own ending.  But it would have been so much sweeter if it hadn't been in my mind and I could have seen something even better on my screen...

Maybe it's not about standing by your man or for that matter him standing by you.

Maybe it's about just simply standing together believing and trusting in one another.

Holding on and never letting go...

LOVE TO EVERYONE HERE AS ALWAYS:heart:

Haven't watched the final two eps yet, but reading some comments in the thread here, I'm getting really bad vibes. It's sad if what I've read here in this thread are all true. But it's pretty shocking to read the 'hatred' directed at JA/SYJ. Some K-writers have a real problem with developing their plots credibly, let alone finishing their plots well. I don't know if this writer Kim falls into this basket till I watch up to the finale, but she's certainly a newbie, and so I'd cut her some slack and try not to expect too much.

However, if what I've read are all true, then I'm really surprised that PD Ahn had no objection, and did not push for any revision. If nothing else, surely his depth of experience and his grasp of Kdrama viewership would have raised some form of alarm in him, at least in him. Perhaps he has his good reasons. I hope there will be post-drama interviews.

Actually, when I first started this drama, I was surprised at the pairing of PD Ahn with this newbie writer, and more surprised that SYJ would take this project from this newbie writer. I believe she took it mostly because of PD Ahn, and secondarily, JHI. Oh well...  newbies need their big break too. I hope her next writing will be better, if indeed her maiden effort in this is not as good as it could be. (Still, should not drag this newbie writer through the mud. It's still a creative and laudable effort.)

I'll catch up with the rest of the drama and hope what I'm reading here (interesting POVs, interesting comments and awesome insights) are not all true in relation to the plot. 

I guess as dissatisfied as we were or even the SK audience were , everyone tuned in anyway. At least no one died (I’m still sore fr another jtbc drama that shall not be named) . Big thank you to @stroppyse who is our translation fairy for the last 8 weeks!

Episode 14 explains why the Episode 15 breakup is very unreasonable and unfair,  why JA dating a Gyumin 2.0 is a farce, and why staying in the company for a higher position in exchange for shutting up is itself a disservice to what JA had previously stood up for. These three things undermine JH and JA's growth over the past few episodes. Why the scriptwriter went there and the leads agreed with that is beyond me. All I know is I need some chocolate and I'll spend my short rest time making Dr. Ye memes.

aigo~~...regardless of how was the ending...i don't want to even start on that..i choose to just accept it :D ... but darnn...this is the brightest smile i've ever seen from JH from the entire episodes...lol...

9DrwIgW.jpg

42 minutes ago, triplem said:

I guess as dissatisfied as we were or even the SK audience were , everyone tuned in anyway. At least no one died (I’m still sore fr another jtbc drama that shall not be named) . Big thank you to @stroppyse who is our translation fairy for the last 8 weeks!

Is 6.8 good ratings???

9 minutes ago, somethingitr said:

Is 6.8 good ratings???

Yes. As JTBC is a cable network that requires subscription unlike free-to-air networks like SBS/kbs/MBC , it’s good . A lot of cable dramas will be happy to hit 4%. Hence the reason cast & crew are given reward vacation 

2 minutes ago, triplem said:

Yes. As JTBC is a cable network that requires subscription unlike SBS/kbs/MBC , it’s good . A lot of cable dramas will be happy to hit 4%. Hence the reason cast & crew are given reward vacation 

Thanks I feel relieved  :)

41 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

I say for someone who has been quietly skipping forward ep 9-14 do I finish this drama? Or should I skip the ending?

Hmm the ending was alright. The writer gave the audience what they would have wanted . I just wish that JA & JH made better & wiser decisions towards the last leg of the drama . They seem to have such poor communication skills & often take agency away fr each other by making decisions on their own & allowing external forces to ruin things. The relationship did not see much growth. (They could take a leaf from BY & Dr Ye in APAD in terms of communication & Couple growth ) 

The writer saved the last 5 minutes for happy ending just to get people to tune in until the end of the episode, I think. It would be a lot better if they have 1 more episode to show their relationship gets to another level (engage or wedding, or even 3 years time jump for having a beautiful baby together). It would be more satisfied. The writer poured too much sugar at the beginning and took all back towards the end. I was half dead after ep 15 and ep 16 couldn’t save me much. I accept the ending, but feel incomplete.

The leads did a wonderful job to keep the viewers stay with this series, especially me. I tend to stop watching most drama by ep 8 since weekly waiting can be difficult for me. I would lose my interest and forget what happened in last episodes. The chemistry and acting of the leads kept me going. They were perfect: visuals, acting, chemistry. They were also fun and adorable together. I love their bts.  I even watched eps raw and created soompi accounts for discussions.

I am so grateful for the translations, postings, opinions from everyone here. Without you guys, I couldn’t survive due to emotional and mental breakdown this drama has affected me. Again, thank you so much and hope that our leads will be reunited at another project. I really want them to have a ramen CF or an umbrella CF :D together at least. A movie would be great!

For JHI, I think the reason why he picked this project because of SYJ. She is someone that is experienced and he can learn a lot from her. Also, she’s very beautiful so it would be easier to do romantic scenes with her. Don’t you agree? :D. Also a lot of actors would love to work with PD Ahn.  He is the award-winning PD. He is very kind too! Like a father-figure.

For SYJ, it wasn’t the first time she worked with new writers. She did it too many times, like in personal taste and some of her movies. I have a feeling she accepted this role because of someone’s favor (not sure who). She normally prefers movies over dramas because drama production can be tiring and she worries about ratings. She doesn’t want ratings to ruin her image. SYJ is a very nice actress. She accepted certain role like in “the truth beneath” movie knowing it wouldn't do well commercially. She always give new writers, actors, PDs chances to work with her. That’s why she has a lot of good friends in this industry. I love her!

Last but not least, I wish all of you well!!

**sorry for a long posting**

I also wonder why PD Ahn who has been an experienced PD in terms of directing great and acclaimed dramas like Heard it through the Grapevine and Secret Love Affair. SLA is the best one to describe a tight plot and beautiful and elegant directing although SLA was not my cup of tea but I still watched it till the end because Yoo Ah In and Kim Hee Ae were just excellent. I wonder why PD Ahn accepted this kind of plot development. It could have been a really great drama but thw writer seemed to have lost what she/he wanted to tell. She/he could have made a better realistic love story. The Kyu Min plot itself which was dragged to ep 7 was actually quite pointless as I thought that it only showed what a gentleman Joon Hee was and maybe it was useful for Jin Ah to finally make a confession and feel loved. But I just thought that the time they started dating was just too fast. I thought that while they started dating that fast then the writer mush have had many things to tell but it seemed otherwise. 

Here is the comments from the Netizenbuzz which I think taken from Naver. CMIIW

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.co.id/2018/05/tv-spoilers-something-in-rain-finale.html?m=1

By the way, I think our leads didn’t have a long passionate kiss because one of them probably has breathing problem, like asthma or something?  :blink: ....j/k..,also looked like they had it but the filming staff cut it so it seemed like a peck.

I wish to thank @stroppyse and @jeijei for the English translations, a true sacrifice for all of us, thank you. I am also grateful for all comments shared by everyone, they helped me move on with this drama, despite big disappointment on the storyline. I am sad that a good drama was ruined by its scriptwriters. I also need to thank the two leads, especially Jung Hae In, who will hold a fan meet in my hometown 2 weeks from now, I wish him even greater success and please find a better drama for your next project, HaeIn. You have a potential to be an A list actor. Despite my dissatisfaction on this drama, the royal wedding of the Duke & Duchess of Sussex held yesterday helped reviving me and comforting me that true love does exist and that is a reality. 

59 minutes ago, thi2018 said:

By the way, I think our leads didn’t have a long passionate kiss because one of them probably has breathing problem, like asthma or something?  :blink: ....j/k..,also looked like they had it but the filming staff cut it so it seemed like a peck.

A passionate kiss in the rain maybe too tiring for them to breath lol actually the kiss in front of Joon Hee's refrigerator yesterday was quite passionate but PD Ahn did not zoom in the kiss and the editing made the kiss become so short

Well, it's over. I'm in agreement with many of you and I found ep 11-14 very exhausting. Altho' I've skimmed through ep 15 (still no eng sub) and ep 16, I was somewhat able to understand THANKS to generous translations of the clips on this thread by @stroppyse. I believe everyone on this thread has valid points made about their take on this drama. 

I'd like to share some of my thoughts...I can conclude one thing from all this...humans are complex beings. Stepping away for a moment that this is a drama, and observing it from a realistic point of view, nothing in life lays out neat and tidy. Factors from different POV can alter our way of thinking.  We've shown that to ourselves with the different analysis/reviews here. If JA/JH have proven anything, it is true that "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus." :huh: At times they were in sync. They were in lovey dovey mode, they cared for each other so deeply that "die without each other" was mentioned more than once. How things were approached and handled were definitely not in sync. I'm probably older than most here, so please forgive me for saying regardless to age, love can create very immature and unreasonable behavior. Relationships and Parenting are the two hardest to master. Why? Cause the factors are not all in one's hands. When you have not just your own thoughts involved, but another individual, it makes controlling the outcome of situations difficult and unpredictable. JA/JH displayed this throughout the drama. If one was doubtful, one was trying to protect/control. If one was confident, the other became insecure. One was trying to create a solution while one didn't want one, etc. You can blame it on age difference, gender, family (as JA's mom points out). At times, you see JH wanting to take the stronger leading role as the male in making the decisions, protecting JA, deciding what family means to her and when the abuse was enough. At home and at work. Then you have JA who seems to want to protect JH almost like someone older would. Hiding things that would hurt him, trying to make family better for him with his dad, etc. That was how I  interpreted some of  their behavior.

What wore me out, was the amount of time (eps) spent on JA's disgruntle mom. To be honest her voice became nails scratching a chalkboard for me. So much so that I wonder if this writer was using this script as a source of some kind of therapy for them-self. :blink:  We've seen our OTP at best with the first stage of romance. Then the story took us through what realistically would be the hardships and can it be overcome? What I was waiting for was the bomb...Episodes back SH warned JA not to take JH lightly. When he decides something that's it. However, it was never mentioned again. I thought when JH gave in with his strong resolve regarding his dad, the warning SH mentioned would never surface. Then the move to US...hmmm, I may be missing something in that episode 15 (no sub) but it surfaced...what SH warned JA about his character. He stubbornly cut ties. Perhaps lessons he picked up from his dad, like leaving and not turning back even for loved ones (his kids).  Ultimately, in ep 16 JH proved he too can change cause JA was his unchanging love. JA went through her work issues, family issues and independence and her 3 years of loss of JH. This added layers to her personality. Ep 16 ended like most Kdramas...The family issue: mom apologized. The work issue: solved as best so not to create a different kind of controversy around the world and in SK. In other words, handled politically safe. The supporting characters all on talking terms and added a layer to their lives, marriage, new jobs, new work place, new living spaces. Honestly, it was all I needed to see of their outcome...sorry if I've offended anyone.:( The actors did their job with the story and made it adorable and drew us all in with their chemistry and adlib cuteness. The PD with script in hand in many of the bts did his job, guided, and worked with the actors well. It is just those frustrating episodes that wasn't laid out quite as smooth as the first 10 episodes. Still I can watch the first 10 eps over and over...the other eps, I just have to fast forward to get to our OTP LOL. Their making up was too short, but I don't need to see a wedding or their babies or how well they get along with the in-laws. I'd like to use my imagination and focus on this OTP's cuteness and how they will remain like that into their sunset years.:wub:I accept it as the writer wanted this ending beyond Jeju Do to be a continuation of their romance we witnessed in the earlier(better) episodes.:DTherefore, my take on the last episode's moment is, "What more can be said?" Thanks again to everyone here and allowing me to share. Sorry for the lengthy writings...I'm going to miss this drama, this thread and this OTP.

I may be the minority here but i loved the ending. This is one of the most realistic love/romance story that i’ve seen in k dramaland, it depicts the current society, peer, family and relationship development beautifully and realistically. I think what sets this drama apart for me is i can really feel and relate to Jin A’s fears and insecurities, and Joon Hee maturing as a man and partner and coming into his own.

While the 2nd half may not have been perfect and felt rushed; it felt real and made me think about learning to love again and be a better; stronger and more emphathetic partner. I think our lovely couple ended up overcoming alot of challenges because they’ve tried meeting other people and learnt different things when they are apart and they knew at the end; they were the right soulmates for each other and their love was irreplaceable and one of a kind. 

This will be an unforgettable drama for me and being a huge fan of PD Ahn, i find the directing raw, real and heart wrenching at times, coupled with lovely ost and melodies that evokes the right mood and tone. It felt like i’m watching a real couple fall in love, get through the various stages of dating and then rediscovered themselves and each other. 

There’s a reason why people stayed together, they complement, bring out the best and work through the worst and give each other something nobody else can, may all of us find true love and happiness in our lives too; and cherish that special person. :)

Been quietly observing.

I felt that this drama is like one long movie. Haha...

No one can doubt SYJ's acting prowess and the beautiful cinematography and music.

Very mellow, very realistic take on relationships.

I hope that SYJ will stay in dramaland but something tells me she will be back to movies.

As for JHI, in a way he portrays JH well (bashful slowly growing confident man) and I think it is great that his leading lady this time was SYJ. I am sure there are good things ahead for him.

Hi, finally I just watched the final episode, thanks to the writer she give us happy ending eventhough not sweet enough. thanks to @stroppyse for your time and effort to translate the recap for us here, I really really really appreciate it. 

Despite of the lacks, but still the production team and the actors can make a good drama to be enjoy. Hopefully the writer can create a better story next time. 

But now I need to regained my kdrama sense by watching secret garden 

See you in another good kdrama chingus 

Archived