[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very happy to see this drama to be warmly received in my country. The website that releases the drama has a record traffic with nearly 4000 comments, most of which are supportive for the cast and the plot. Like many other women aged like JA, we find ourself in the situation of JA and desperately look for a partner or expect a partner to be gentle and caring like JH. I remember 18 years ago,  I dated my old secondary classmate at the age of 22 after 7 years without any contact. Like JA and JH, we were crazy in love, giving endless kisses and physical contact whenever and wherever possible. I thought I would get married after two years because my mum and my boyfriend’s mum were friends . Unfortunately, even the two families knew well each other , my boyfriend’s parents strongly objected to  our relationship. The reason is that my mom had a health problem and my boyfriend’s parents thought this could pass down to our kids :(. My boyfriend later got a scholarship to study in Japan for two years and we almost broke up. During this two year period,  my boyfriend and I dated some people but no one gave us the feeling and emotions that we experienced with each other. On his return, my boyfriend insisted on  marrying me, fighting his parents and we finally got married when I was 28. We lived separately from my parents in law and my relationship with them is getting better. That’s the reason why I really adore this drama. It’s not a drama, it’s life!

5 hours ago, Chellsee said:

Official photos released and these two pics are love... :heart:

More love from our dear Joon Hee. :wub:

More photos under spoiler.

Hide contents

I think the first picture is the best ratio to show the kiss on the screen. PD Ahn should have zoomed in the kiss because I don't see the point of why we can not see the kiss closer because the atmosphere itself was already passionate and it was already very dark, they did not have to shoot it from afar which made it look pointless.

7 minutes ago, sunshinefate said:

I think the first picture is the best ratio to show the kiss on the screen. PD Ahn should have zoomed in the kiss because I don't see the point of why we can not see the kiss closer because the atmosphere itself was already passionate and it was already very dark, they did not have to shoot it from afar which made it look pointless.

Perhaps its too deep so the actors refuse to show it? Huahahaha :D

I'm also wondering why PD cut their last kiss scene at the seashore :( 

I wonder why this drama's broadcast right has not been bought by other countries. How I wish OneTV asia would broadcast this drama so that I can watch it on my TV screen. A big and HD version of Joon Hee and Jin Ah. Lol.

12 minutes ago, Oww TooCute said:

Perhaps its too deep so the actors refuse to show it? Huahahaha :D

I'm also wondering why PD cut their last kiss scene at the seashore :( 

The kiss at the seashore will also not be important because they will show it from a very far again lol. I have seen very many pecks from them which makes me feel enough not to see it again lol

2 hours ago, sunshinefate said:

The kiss at the seashore will also not be important because they will show it from a very far again lol. I have seen very many pecks from them which makes me feel enough not to see it again lol

Uhmmm it will be nice iff they give us a longer n closer look.. hiihihi.. it looks like a very honest n sincere kiss since it is their last :wub: ..  aaaa i wanna see the longer version :tongue:

Ha ha... I have never seen before: a 4room abuse kiss, deep kiss. And You do not hide their addiction! LoL...

But I think, JA & JH, they are complement each other, as their mentor, they are perfectly suited to each other in every way: their soul, their sex... they are understanding each other from childhood til now ...

whenever I see the two of them, I see their brighten love. So I do not need their kiss very much. Ha ha... It's enough 4me!

I haven't watch the drama since episode 10 for two reasons; 1st because it sucks to wait for the next episode with sub and 2nd is that I kinda feel the story doesn't make sense anymore.  

But still, I would definitely watch the entire episode once I find some time off at work because I don't wanna be left out, puzzled of what happened in the end. 

I know that some think the ending of the story could have been a lot better but I still put my trust in the wisdom (lol) of the writer because in the first place, without her/him? this beautiful love story and the beautiful love team of JA&JH (made better by the beautiful OSTs that I really enjoy listening to) would have not materialized. 

One of the kdramas that I would DEFINITELY recommend to friends!

1 hour ago, Camilee said:

Somebody knows when will realese on netflix? 

Because if what I read was okay, it was supposed to realese since today :unsure::crazy:

Ps. Sorry my english is not perfect

If I am not mistaken, it has been airing since a couple of weeks ago. So you must be able to watch it on Netflix now?

Episode 16 sub is now released! Enjoy~

huhuhu it's over~ I'm #sobbingintherain 

I'd like to thank the pretty unnies and our only namja dongsaeng of Subbing in the Rain team

Translators: @stroppyse @yaselin @jadecloud @Bissu @semplice

Timers: @samecut123 @yaselin @ysaputri @cawaiimonster @leesja@Harukogirl @mandy77777 @daydreamer115 @SennaR @blitz06

QCs: @jeijei @Harukogirl@jadecloud @semplice

Excelente drama. Muy romántico, la música que decir.

La única crítica es que el escritor no debiera haber presentado esta separación casi al final de la serie.

Aunque en un rato más veré último capítulo subtitulado en español (Chile) creo que tb no fué más desarrollado el tema del acoso de la oficina(tema que en >Chile está uff saliendo a la luz pero muchísimo, de hecho Universidad de mi hijo en paro). 

Finalmente fue lindo de todas maneras,él se robó la película con su carita de niño transparente, llenó  de amor su personaje.

Ojalá tengamos un drama de este nivel en lo que queda del año. :blush::heart::heart:

5 hours ago, jeijei said:

I'd like to thank the pretty unnies and our only namja dongsaeng of Subbing in the Rain team

Timers: @samecut123 @yaselin @ysaputri @cawaiimonster @leesja@Harukogirl @mandy77777 @daydreamer115 @SennaR @blitz06

Thank you very very much. I watched ep 15 with your sub and the sub is really really good. Thank you very much for you hardwork, guys.

7 hours ago, jeijei said:

You are all our wonderful angels! THANK YOU SO MUCH.... :blush:

tumblr_p915j2Zm5I1rx0r81o1_540.gif

First of all, I want to thank the chinggus who has tirelessly provided us with updates and subs for this drama. Thank you so much.

This drama, in my opinion, depicts reality which is why most of us can relate. I’ll be honest, that there was a point in the drama where I questioned myself whether it was still worth watching. It hits too close to home... So I decided to stick around and just read between the lines and understand how the characters evolved for 16 episodes. 

1. Jin Ah - There were times when she drove me insane with her decisions. Most of us have pointed out that she’s of age and that she should stick up for what she wants but her character personality was a people pleaser. She did everything to please everyone around her and for her, that was the norm. She didn’t know how else to live her life. Until Joon Hee came to her life and challenge her. There was a scene when she was talking to her Manager and Joon-Hee was sitting at the other table. “She said that there’s someone that wants to protect her and worries about her and she wants to help him so she can put his mind at ease.” I think that’s what she tried to do through-out the drama with her white lies that seem spineless to most of us.. When she finally was driven off the cliff, by Joon Hee again, she let the steam off her chest and told him off... She did the same with her mom when she was saying good bye. She didn’t yell at her but she told her the truth that she still feels responsible for all the pain and animosity with her best friend and the man she loves. She’s so relatable that I almost saw myself in her.

2. Jin Ah Mother - My grandmother opposed my relationship with a guy and they did everything to cut our ties and she told me, that’s what parents do. If they feel in their heart, that you deserve something else, they will try to stand in your way. Jin Ah mom at the end said that as well. She was adamant about what she thought Jin Ah deserves and not just Korean cultures but all cultures parents ask what do you do, your family background etc. They may not be a prick about it as Jin Ah mom was, but some are... She depicts a strong willed mother who is blinded by material things.

3. Finally, Seo Joon Hee - I love his character and Jung Hae In portrayed him well. There’s nothing that can stop a man in love.... Granted that he’s had a lot of moments of weakness, like going to America, trying to be the knight in shining armour when she moved out, hiding the fact that he went to beat up the creepy ex boyfriend. He was a fairytale. But after you wake up from all of that, the problem still exist and they both tried to figure stuff out...

The ending was bittersweet. I still feel a big lump in my heart. I wanted the ending to have a wedding etc... But them standing out in the beach, watching the sunset is the perfect ending. The cinematography, the music is soooo perfect... 

Now as we go back to reality, I am praying that SYJ and JHI can get married in real life... The age gap is there but what the heck, love conquers all ; p

3 hours ago, kdramaaddict23 said:

Now as we go back to reality, I am praying that SYJ and JHI can get married in real life... The age gap is there but what the heck, love conquers all ; p

I believe that many people are expecting the same as you.

They both look very fit. And it will be a beautiful couple. :wub:

20180521_170453_6727.jpg

20180521_170457_7215.jpg

I love this couple. They both look very real couple in love.

:blush:

20180521_170501_5368.jpg

Son Ye Jin, she is charming. All the past works. I followed her through.

She is very amazing. I love all her work, I love her and will love her forever.

❤¸.•*""*•.¸❤ ❤¸.•*""*•.¸❤ ❤¸.*-*

20180521_171717_6194.jpg

20180521_171721_3387.jpg

7 hours ago, ChiraM said:

Son Ye Jin, cô ấy rất quyến rũ. Tất cả các tác phẩm trong quá khứ. Tôi theo cô ấy qua.

Cô ấy rất tuyệt vời. Tôi yêu tất cả công việc của mình, tôi yêu cô ấy và sẽ yêu cô ấy mãi mãi.

❤¸. • * "" * • .¸❤ ❤¸. • * "" * • .¸❤ ❤¸. * - *

In this moment, in the last scene ... she was cried with swollen eyes! She was really JA. Love her so much!

I remember JHI was in Beaksang red carpet, he was awaiting SYJ when she was taken photo, the smiles and affectionate eyes of those who are in love. 

So, I wish "Some thing in the rain" come true love, in real life. 

Archived