[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

Although I am not a fan of the last few episodes (I blame it on the writing), I must say that the chemistry of the 2 leads were off the chart hawt. Great acting. I also love love love PD nim’s directing. 

Thank you all for your comments and views and for making this journey memorable.

Episode 16 didn't redeem Episode 15 and didn't properly address all the problems put forward by this show. They had ample time to do that, but that's wasted through the gratuitous kissing and running cuts and non-dialogue scenes. So the editing ate the time that's supposed to be given to them to talk about these matters and duke it out. All they did was kiss, have sex and run away from their problems. Maybe it's the effect of too much caffeine in their system. Or the ambition of the writer to have some extension. 

I don't know if its only me. but i don't like the ending. I know it's happy ending but everything is too rush.  what's the point of making them separated for 3 yrs and get back in 5mins?  It's so predictable after she left to Jeju what gonna happens next.  Also, this noona never done anything wrong huh. lol

The latest BTS is so so so lovely. Please please translate it. ^_^

23 minutes ago, Oww TooCute said:

The Last Making Movie.. sooo saddd has to say goodbye to them

Omo! I think i had a mini heart attack after watching the first minute of this!!!:huh::huh::huh: I will surely miss this series! Just wishing for season 2.:wub:

So sad that we really have to say goodbye to our Noona and her dongsaeng boyfriend. Maybe I will hybernate until I find a new drama that can make me go crazy with the couple like this drama. For a season 2 of this drama is not really necessary IMO lol because the writer will suck up the season 2 with another business trip or something like that to separate them again or make Umma stalk them again or anything to fill up another 16 episodes lol I am curious for tonight's ratings. Hope the best for our drama. Can we have another Jung Hae In-Son Ye Jin again in another drama? A romantic comedy will be great.

I'm glad that it they ended up together but it isn't satisfying. The writer started this drama good and ended it a mess. No connection and no proper closures. I'm just thankful JHI became popular because of this drama as for SYJ, this is not a good come back drama for her. Melodrama is SYJ's  forte but the writer gave her an inconsistent character.  I hope to see her on a better drama next. Didn't find a strong lesson too from this drama because most of the issues were left unanswered. The two main lead could have done better if the story was written with consistency and far from other dramas.

Still, congratulations to both, JHI and SYJ. :heart:  Thank you guys! I enjoyed reading all your thoughts here. :)  

SJY & JHI really enjoyed working together in this drama and their chemistry together with Director Ahn is very good. They were teary when the production finally wraps up. 

Too bad the writer spoiled the whole drama although it's a happy ending. 

Omo omo! Suddenly I'm feeling empty now. So sad. No more JH to see. I want more JH! No need to include JA..Just JH alone will do :wub:

1 minute ago, dramaninja said:

It would have been really nice if the mom was the one who got them back together, and if she apologize to them both.

She is too far gone. I was holding my breath when she apologised to JA after JA announced her moving to Jeju. I thought there’s some hope... She had to ruin it by emphasising that as a Mother she had to step in and not let JA do what she wanted. It is like a sorry but not sorry. The writer made this character seemed so flat... absolutely no good points in this character. Watching her tires me out...

Came across this on you-tube (lol, it could be just anyone, masked robbers or whoever) - supposedly by Dispatch, no less!

Real, or False hope for the shippers! (who can see signs in anything - same rings, same shoes, same shirt ... whatever :P) .  Take it whichever way floats your boat!  :tongue:

THANKS everyone for this journey together.  :wub:B)   THANKS to all recaps, updates, pictures and enjoyable comments overall.

As I just commented on Bah and Doo:

TOTALLY … seriously, why introduce so much angst that cannot be resolved anyways? And nothing much is really resolved, is it … moving forward in their next chapter – their problem solving coping mechanisms are quite diff. with meeting middle ground.

Challenges in life are not going to go away.

I left off 2 wks ago. Grateful and appreciative for the recaps to keep me in the loop … and prob will check out last episode (as in, view)  bec it seems to have less stressful needless angst.

MUCH THANKS for faithfully recapping, for better or worse … all these 16 episodes of the Pretty Noona ride!  :heart:

14 minutes ago, jus-ash said:

Came across this on you-tube (lol, it could be just anyone, masked robbers or whoever) - supposedly by Dispatch, no less!

Real, or False hope for the shippers! (who can see signs in anything - same rings, same shoes, same shirt ... whatever :P) .  Take it whichever way floats your boat!  :tongue:

THANKS everyone for this journey together.  :wub:B)   Thanks to all recaps, updates, pictures and enjoyable comments.

As I just commented on Bah and Doo:

TOTALLY … seriously, why introduce so much angst that cannot be resolved anyways? And nothing much is really resolved, is it … moving forward in their next chapter – their problem solving coping mechanisms are quite diff.

Challenges in life are not going to go away.

I left off 2 wks ago. Grateful and appreciative for the recaps to keep me in the loop … and prob will check out last episode (view)  bec it seems to have less stressful needless angst.

MUCH THANKS for faithfully recapping, for better or worse … all these 16 episodes of the Pretty Noona ride!  :heart:

It’s not them.its the girl from playful kiss and the   Mblaq guy 

6 hours ago, somethingitr said:

It’s not them.its the girl from playful kiss and the   Mblaq guy 

LOL .. false hope then. :D:lol:

Shippers, WILL believe what THEY want to believe, and see signs of.

One of the commenters summed it up beautifully in Bah and Doo. And this, beyond 'romantic notions'  is reality. Life is UNpredictable and  not always smooth sailing. It's how one copes together that tides one through the rougher rides that come, longer term. 

And this drama after introducing all the tension, has NOT really show any of that in the couple's growth.

LOVE does not necc conquer all. That's just romantic, but not necc reality.

While JA has grown a backbone and come to appreciate her independence (YAY!) ... there's still a part of her that dates men who fits her family 'conditioning'. Mom is still mom, who is realistic bec folks (esp that old) do not change. But more resigned to the fact that's how it is with her daughter, though mom can still hope. :rolleyes: And appa is still appa though prob mom is now aware of how he feels and hopefully they can grow old with more mellow understanding. :unsure:

JH still runs away when the heat gets too hot, and he gets fed up. Or gets really riled up and reactive. Though he can be more mature than JA sometimes (and that's not that hard either)

NOTHING's changed really. They're back to Sq 1 and initial attraction.

Who knows what long-term feasibility (realistically) for their relationship is?

Archived