[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

So i would like to thanks all the recappers! @stroppyse as always you are our savior thanks really a lot for all the translations. :wub:

It has been an emotional drama but i really liked a lot Ye Jin and Hae In chemistry!! Hope to see them work together in another drama.

See you all in others threads!:D:wub:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last ep i watched was 11 (raw).  

The excitement of their  chemistry from the beginning started to wane off for me when I did not see development with communication.  What did they both want out of the relationship?  I started to question that and I could not find the answers (between hiding/fighting her mom and other issues).  I was hoping that him going to US for the 3yrs that they would find ways to communicate their feelings and what they mean to each other and also provide some  space that I think they needed.....I wanted to see them dealing with a long distance relationship even if it was hard to keep up  but I wanted to see that growth in both...I hope I'm making sense.  

Since I have not watch all ep from 11, i will stop there.  I did enjoy watching this drama but wanted a bit more.

Thank you to all @stroppyse and @jeijei , the team who did translation and all commentators who made watching fun.  

15 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Well, the first red brolly was memorable. The others, not so much. The writing failed to make them relevant. If anything, it compromised the significance of the first red umbrella. IMHO anway.

Yeah I kinda agree on the red one. If only the writer used the same color til the end, it "might" have been memorable. 

Re: Those brollies.

I did feel it was somehow symbolic. Like traffic lights - all 3 colors: red, green, yellow

Red = forbidden, dangerous, illegal

Green = go for it

Yellow = Hmmm. To go or not to go?

So they have three umbrellas right?

The red one means they shouldn't jump in this relationship in 2nd ep.

The green one means they've gone too fast for awhile.

Now the yellow one. Should it mean it's time to restart really slow and certain.

25 minutes ago, jus-ash said:

Re: Those brollies.

I did feel it was somehow symbolic. Like traffic lights - all 3 colors: red, green, yellow

Red = forbidden, dangerous, illegal

Green = go for it

Yellow = Hmmm. To go or not to go?

Reminds me of the movie Starman where yellow means  go  very fast

34 minutes ago, bugcie said:

Yeah I kinda agree on the red one. If only the writer used the same color til the end, it "might" have been memorable. 

Red umbrella: warm, enthusiastic love, first launching from JH

Green Umb: slower, but stabilized & incisive love from JA

Yellow umb.: (she jettisoned both red & green umbrella when she left to Jeju) restart their love, together!

other meaning: the love come from the rain, they always need a/some umbrella!

haha...

1 hour ago, lolly84 said:

So i would like to thanks all the recappers! @stroppyse as always you are our savior thanks really a lot for all the translations. :wub:

It has been an emotional drama but i really liked a lot Ye Jin and Hae In chemistry!! Hope to see them work together in another drama.

See you all in others threads!:D:wub:

I second that! Been a lurker for a while now... love these couple and hope to see them work again together. I’m now going to follow Hae In in his future dramas. 

All recappers, and those who posted goodies for all of us here thank you. I’m satisfied with the ending and the drama as a whole. A roller coaster ride but most especially I’m happy I got to know Hae In in this drama and that made this drama complete...

First of all- he never should have left for the US in the first place!! Secondly, I reckon they should have had the time jump scene earlier on so we got more time with them together and maybe getting married and having babies! I think that's the least we deserved. The ending was shallow/ hollow for me. At least  I can get on with my life now- I'm not completely Attached. Annyeong - SITR, I loved you in the beginning but we fizzled out in the end- our unhealthy relationship is over now- have a good life!! 

One thing:

I hate the writer.

She messed up the final episodes so much, I can't stop thinking about it without getting really angry. 

These characters, they are in their late 30's, on earth these adults will discuss their problems and will try to find the best possible solution, that's the perks of being adults on earth. 

However, since the writer lives somewhere in another lala dimension, she decided to picture the human in her world when they reach the age late 30s, they will become highschoolers. Argggh so annoying 

What a richard Simmons ending. I hate the finale episodes of this drama. I should've wait till it finish to see the review before I start watching and got hooked and disappointed at the end. I will avoid her future dramas with all cost.

Why oh why, These K-Drama writters just never learn their lessons.

Why they always have the need to ruin the ending of their own drama is beyond me. This is the sole reason why I have gone hiatus on k drama these past few years. I'm always frustrated with the way the writter just can't seem to give reasonable and satisfying ending for the viewers eventhough for romcom drama it's quite simple really, just by addressing the issues in the penultimate episode and allow the viewers to feast and happy with otp wedding and  babies at the finale. 

Why can't they learn from the mistakes of writing crappy endings like rooftop prince, queen in hyun's man, goblin, and many more... 

how do I erase this bad after taste from my mind after watching these kind of finale? 

Sorry for the comment but I'm just very disappointed and dissatisfied with the finale plot lines. 

I hate the writer! Hope she realize she just make one fat mama binge eating at night, cook ramyon and ham just to cool down. 

Anyway, thank you for the lovely people in this thread who gave their time to subs and everything. I'll see you around lovely people .. xoxo

Don't they have, like, script reviewers? Did the director and producer have any say on this? Now my team's morale is so low but we're still pushing on. I thought it's best to leave it with the Netflix subber, cut our losses and just watch NCIS: New Orleans. Heck, I rap better than the writer writes ending scenarios. 

Guest 999hearts

Does anyone know if the OST album is gonna be released? They don't use many songs but I completely fell in love with Save the Last Dance for Me Instrumental. It's first played on ep. 1 when JH showed JA the shortcut to JA's house for the first time.

SYJ said before accepting this drama, she read the whole scripts and she really likes it as so JHI. So they must agree with all those ridiculous scenarios and storyline. Most of us hate the last few episodes but the main casts probably  like it. I don't understand. maybe we are weird tho. :lol:

Archived