[Drama 2018] Shall We Live Together/ Marry Me Now? 같이 살래요

larus

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

HS and MY's romance is taking baby steps, I guess. I assume that MY will somehow get HS to marry her without revealing that she's actually a very rich woman. Since the legal part of the marriage is just to fill out a form at the registry office, I assume that MY and HS will do that at some point, and not have a wedding ceremony until much later perhaps. I'm curious how MY will manage to get HS' agreement to do that. I can't imagine that HS would agree to marry MY if he knew how rich she was, not to mention that she had been the one buying up the neighborhood to redevelop it.

For some reason, this drama feels very slow, even for a weekend drama. Not sure why. I'm still curious about what happens to everyone, especially HS and MY though.

Agreed, even for a weekend drama it is veeeeery slow....I appreciate that they are taking their time to show character development, but after 9 episodes we are still not having major development in the story line.

In ep 9 when Kyung Soo's mother went into Hyo Seob's shop to trash it, there was a thing that Kyung Soo's mother said:

"If Sun Ha is that precious to you, you shouldn't have let her support her sister only."

It was quite sad, as Sun Ha gave up so much so that her sister could go to medical school. I am sure that the father might feel a bit of regret over that... I wonder if Hyo Seob will find out that Mi Yeon is rich, and marry her. This to allow Sun Ha to be happy with the man she loves...?

In any case, it was quite sad that he felt that he couldn't date Mi Yeon, because he was now a father. Just because you become a parent, shouldn't mean that you fully give up on your own life outside of being a parent. I hope he comes to realize, that he can be a father AND a boyfriend/husband at the same time. :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@stroppyse i think the reason why HY said that none of her families blood type would match is because she has already checked- because on the last episode when she spoke to her friend doctor she asked her if in the hospital was there the same blood type for ES to get the transfusion cos she had done her research for alternatives; i know if it was me i would of checked my families blood type from the beginning to give me options......hmmm this is just me hoping for that twist to the storyline of who the actual parents maybe :wub:

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@viktormani@123sara@Lunkera,I don't think ES is YH's birth daughter. I think YH and her husband faked a pregnancy and then adopted a child. I think this was actually discussed in a previous episode.

Also, in the most recent episode 9, when ES had to go to the hospital, SH offered to donate her blood in case ES needs it, but YH tells SH that ES won't be able to take blood from anyone on their side of the family without even checking blood types. I figured it was because ES had a completely impossible blood type to be YH's birth child.

Finally, YH was worried that SW would take ES away from her. That was the threat that SW used to make YH go away quietly without even a penny to her name. If YH was the birth mother while SW wasn't the birth father, he wouldn't be able to take ES away from YH, especially since ES was taken off his family register. However, if ES was adopted, the both adoption parents could lay claim to the child.

HS and MY's romance is taking baby steps, I guess. I assume that MY will somehow get HS to marry her without revealing that she's actually a very rich woman. Since the legal part of the marriage is just to fill out a form at the registry office, I assume that MY and HS will do that at some point, and not have a wedding ceremony until much later perhaps. I'm curious how MY will manage to get HS' agreement to do that. I can't imagine that HS would agree to marry MY if he knew how rich she was, not to mention that she had been the one buying up the neighborhood to redevelop it.

For some reason, this drama feels very slow, even for a weekend drama. Not sure why. I'm still curious about what happens to everyone, especially HS and MY though.

This makes sense but it seems to me she knew that her daughter had a rare blood type because her bio dad is a sperm donor, so it makes sense that if the girl inherited his bio fathers blood type that no one in her family could give her blood? for an example if her mother has A blood type and her Bio dad B blood type there is a 25% change that she will have A blood type and 25% change she would have B blood type but she also has a 50% change to have AB blood type, but since the mother had A blood type the grandfather also must of had A blood type or the grandmother so all their kids could've ended up as A blood type but the little girl could've ended up with B blood type? and don't you remember the pictures that they sent to the sister in law of her during her pregnancy, the husband lied that they "faked" the pictures but i doubt they were.

This drama is so sloooow. 

I sleep off sometimes. Why are they all so stiff?  As if they are reading scripts? 

Pls put some life in this let's enjoy the ride. I have been skipping so I will read the discussion here to know what's happening. That sister in law scenes were fire. I want to see scenes with emotions like hers. Spice things up drama.  

2 hours ago, rock0203 said:

@stroppyse i think the reason why HY said that none of her families blood type would match is because she has already checked- because on the last episode when she spoke to her friend doctor she asked her if in the hospital was there the same blood type for ES to get the transfusion cos she had done her research for alternatives; i know if it was me i would of checked my families blood type from the beginning to give me options......hmmm this is just me hoping for that twist to the storyline of who the actual parents maybe :wub:

I agree YH could have already checked on the blood types of people in her family, as ES has obviously gotten sick before (given YH's fast reaction when ES said "Anna" wasn't feeling well) -- so I think YH immediately dismissing them as potential donors doesn't necessarily mean they're not related.

This is several years old, but here's an article about a Korean patient with Rh negative blood, and how the family members were told to find matches on their own -- http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20101101000701 

@stroppyse I believe ES was born overseas, so if YH carried the pregnancy then her husband's name would be on the birth certificate. Maybe this could help him get custody in Korea, even if he's not biologically related? (In my country, his name being on the birth certificate and his being married to YH at the time of ES's birth would make him the legal parent, no matter the biological relationship, but I have no idea if this could affect Korean family registry/custody matters).

I am only interested in watching the romantic development of MY and Hyo Seob aka Cinderalla. Hyo Seob needs to marry a rich and smart woman to deal with his nasty ex in-laws and future in-laws of his children. 

Yup, very slow moving like the morning dramas. Nothing humourous at all. I will come back to watch again ep49 arrives. By that time, there will probably be an episode 52 in the line-up.

22 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

If YH is the bio mom, and SW isn't bio dad, and since a simple DNA test would prove both of this, then it becomes a rather silly point that YH a doctor raised in Korea familiar with their local laws would be so deathly afraid of losing ES if she's her bio mom

Thank you for explaining this, I hadn't realized how limited SW's rights were in this situation.

Given the above, *if* ET is the biological father, and YH isn't the bio mom, would that mean that, as long as he had a DNA test proving parentage, ET would automatically get custody vs. SW, if SW fought YH for custody?

It's weird I'm speculating so much about this, because they're not my favorite couple by far! I think I'm looking for some reason for the OTP to get together, because right now I agree they're not that compelling ^_^

(And I could also do with fewer scenes of the gossip-y ex-restaurant owner and the scheming hospital boss!)

Unfortunately I really don't care about HS and MY story ,already really repetitive with them.

They are focusing on way too much in this drama, everything feels diluted.

Mr and Misses Mad Dog only  had a few minutes scenes in these 2 hour long episodes.

Ooh, so much speculation on this thread if ES is 100% adopted or SW's biological daughter with a sperm donor. I love it! :heart:

It would be totally makjang if ET is the sperm donor.... :o Even though some Korean dramas tend to lean towards the makjang department, it doesn't seem that this drama is going that route. I agree with @stroppyse and think that ES is an adopted child.

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Unfortunately I really don't care about HS and MY story ,already really repetitive with them.

They are focusing on way too much in this drama, everything feels diluted.

Mr and Misses Mad Dog only  had a few minutes scenes in these 2 hour long episodes.

Maybe, as others said, they are building up all the characters. So I will wait. Maybe skip a little. That mummy''s boy is something else. Is that how mummy's boys behave?  And the mum, she is always going over the top. Maybe Koreans love what she does that's why she rarely rests b4 getting into another similar roles though I always tend to love her character later on. I hope she changes and her boy grow a ball. 1

I'm confused about the director's wife. Today, she will be behaving as one who is controlled by her husband and who don't have a say,next day,she will be like the husband cant do anything without her stamp. I don't understand.  Why does the husband wield so much power in her family hospital?. 

So the rude guy isn't a biological son of madam property developer? Interesting. 

Will try and get to know their names.  

I love the development. It's just that there is no fire. That's what makes dramas interesting and get people hooked. They are not flexible at all.

Maybe they are not yet comfortable around one another but they have been together for like 2 months so the awkwardness should have reduced. LSW can naturally make a friendly person awkward around him after meeting him but I hope others are outgoing so he can overcome his shyness and he is the reason I'm into this drama. Marriage is good on him and he said his wife helped him a lot to prepare for this drama. I can see the difference.

Sorta like this series... Sorta.

The NosyCouple are really annoying.  

ShoeMaker is a nice guy.  But boring.

EldestDaughter should not even be dating that annoying Dweeb, and seeing his mother should have convinced her of that.  But Nooooo!  

TryingSon just tries and tries and tries, but never DOES.  He should watch Star Wars, "Do or do not.  There is no TRY."  He is sitting in the seat, staring at the screen, only rising to make coffee.  

BratDaughter... WHAT A MOUTHY BRAT!  She is rude and impertinent and mostly annoying.  

DrDaughter... is BORING.  First she stands-up, then she stands-back.  It's difficult to watch.  

RichLady is Rich and Proud and doesn't take much crappola.  But she isn't moving quickly either, just dragging along.

RichPlayer, RichLady's "son" is a real creep.  He should be redeemed at The End, right?

Dweeb... He just is.  And that expression, as though he has to use the toilet.  EldestDaughter is too good for him.

Dweeb'sMom... whatta pain!  Dweeb should rent a room to get away from her.  

HotDoc...  Enough said.

DimWitDaughter - HotDoc's niece.  What more can be said, she is a very dim bulb.

Will CuteKiddo be HotDoc's bio daughter?  Betcha.  

When HotDoc hooks-up with DrDaughter, they will, thanks to the universe, be parenting their own daughter. 

DimWitDaughter & TryingSon will be the lamest couple in KDramaLand,  but that's how it goes.

RichPlayer, he's gonna cause problems in his mom's love life, we get to watch.

All these people, you put them together and we have a KDrama mash-up.  

But 10 eps and NO ACTION.  

17 minutes ago, watchumlots said:

Sorta like this series... Sorta.

The NosyCouple are really annoying.  

ShoeMaker is a nice guy.  But boring.

EldestDaughter should not even be dating that annoying Dweeb, and seeing his mother should have convinced her of that.  But Nooooo!  

TryingSon just tries and tries and tries, but never DOES.  He should watch Star Wars, "Do or do not.  There is no TRY."  He is sitting in the seat, staring at the screen, only rising to make coffee.  

BratDaughter... WHAT A MOUTHY BRAT!  She is rude and impertinent and mostly annoying.  

DrDaughter... is BORING.  First she stands-up, then she stands-back.  It's difficult to watch.  

RichLady is Rich and Proud and doesn't take much crappola.  But she isn't moving quickly either, just dragging along.

RichPlayer, RichLady's "son" is a real creep.  He should be redeemed at The End, right?

Dweeb... He just is.  And that expression, as though he has to use the toilet.  EldestDaughter is too good for him.

Dweeb'sMom... whatta pain!  Dweeb should rent a room to get away from her.  

HotDoc...  Enough said.

DimWitDaughter - HotDoc's niece.  What more can be said, she is a very dim bulb.

Will CuteKiddo be HotDoc's bio daughter?  Betcha.  

When HotDoc hooks-up with DrDaughter, they will, thanks to the universe, be parenting their own daughter. 

DimWitDaughter & TryingSon will be the lamest couple in KDramaLand,  but that's how it goes.

RichPlayer, he's gonna cause problems in his mom's love life, we get to watch.

All these people, you put them together and we have a KDrama mash-up.  

But 10 eps and NO ACTION.  

U are really an analyst. U just made my moment cos I can't stop laughing.

Dweeds expressions is the bomb.

Sorry,but the guy is no fun to watch. I sleep off anytime I see him.

There are some bad drama characters that are fun to watch. The most boring is the divorced Dr. There is no life in her character. Even if it's 2 minutes,she should make an impact. Her anxiety, love, desperation and uncertainty as well as fear should be mirrored in her character but i dont see them. And yes, their dad is just like the daughter. I hope they improve cos I don't wanna sleep again when watching this.  So far, I like first daughter, mad dog, possessive mother, that good female professor, the female twin, some side characters. Some of them are behaving bad but they are acting out their parts well like the twin girl. Even the rich woman's son.  Let people feel u. Some are overdoing anyway. Hoping for improvements. 

Heh The Mad Dogs isnt even in the  preview <_<

sigh guess I have to be patient but 10 episodes of so little of them is getting annoying.

The potential cuteness and the potential of her ex and mother in law getting put in the place  by Misses and Mr Mad Dog  makes this to me one of the most interesting relationships.

I am also interested in  them working together for the common good,man I cant wait to see this stuff.

One question. I don't remember because I was skipping some episodes but could someone tell me if ES is the real daughter of YH? I know the ex-husband was infertile. And according to this episode, mad dog has the same rare blood type as ES. I'm wondering if the child is his own child.:blink:????

Thanks...

1 hour ago, lu09 said:

One question. I don't remember because I was skipping some episodes but could someone tell me if ES is the real daughter of YH? I know the ex-husband was infertile. And according to this episode, mad dog has the same rare blood type as ES. I'm wondering if the child is his own child.:blink:????

Thanks...

It has not been aired yet - Everyone is speculating that since YH had documents regarding gestational diabetes of ES, YH carried the child and is probably her own.  Since we knew her EX was infertile, the couple could have sought sperm donors from their own culture and country so that the child is still Korean with its features.  Since ET was volunteering somewhere and must have been short of funds and might have contributed his sperm for dough.  (just my speculation) since the EX family was wealthy, they might have done it as a charity instead of sperm bank and actual payment.  

Since both of them have the same rare blood antigens, it could be possible that ES could be his daughter.  But if ET also has RH-, the probability of his being the Dad goes up ten fold.  RH- population is a minority and the other parent cannot be RH- too in order for the child to survive , I think (not a doctor, but just through conversation).  But this being k-drama, it is highly probable that ET is ES 's biological dad.  

14 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

It has not been aired yet - Everyone is speculating that since YH had documents regarding gestational diabetes of ES, YH carried the child and is probably her own.  Since we knew her EX was infertile, the couple could have sought sperm donors from their own culture and country so that the child is still Korean with its features.  Since ET was volunteering somewhere and must have been short of funds and might have contributed his sperm for dough.  (just my speculation) since the EX family was wealthy, they might have done it as a charity instead of sperm bank and actual payment.  

Since both of them have the same rare blood antigens, it could be possible that ES could be his daughter.  But if ET also has RH-, the probability of his being the Dad goes up ten fold.  RH- population is a minority and the other parent cannot be RH- too in order for the child to survive , I think (not a doctor, but just through conversation).  But this being k-drama, it is highly probable that ET is ES 's biological dad.  

Thanks chingu. This scenario makes sense ^_^. Kdramas with their birth secrets hahahaha:lol:

I just hope they won't kill ES off later. Would be too sad for YH. She has suffered alot over the years in that family and then later having to lose her daughter. I read the article that was posted, it was really heartbreaking. I'm too used to these makjang daily that kills of children right and left.

Hope it's more in the line that YH actually did give birth to ES and ET is the donor. Wouldn't be strange with the whole fate stuff that is in kdrama.

Archived