[Drama 2018] Shall We Live Together/ Marry Me Now? 같이 살래요

larus

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I wasn't sure if I was going to watch this or not, given that it's another 50 episode drama. However, I'm kind of a sucker for Lee Sang Woo, especially when he plays the lead. So, all caught up to episode 3, and I think it's fun, even though it's still all set up for the time being. However, I'm looking forward to the following:

Hyo Seob and Mi Yeon - It's clear that way back when they were still in school that HS really liked MY who kind of liked him back, so it's not clear why they didn't get together. In the last flashback the drama showed of them, MY sees the ring box that HS had been carrying, but then decided to hide from her. She immediately thinks it's for her, and tells HS to go ahead and ask her to date, though we don't get to hear his answer. I just assume something interrupted them or happened to keep him from confessing his affections for her. And, the thing is that I already want these two to get together. They've both been widowed by their respective spouses, and have not forgotten each other. They're older and they're lonely, and wondering where the years have gone for them and what really there is to live for. From the series synopsis, these two are going to get married, so I can't wait to see that.

Oldest sister Sun Ha's romance with Kyung Soo is kind of cute, but I can see that there will probably be all sorts of problems, mainly in the form of KS' mother who clearly is on the lookout for a "suitable" daughter-in-law which does not mean an older, non-college educated woman like SH. I can already tell that the fact that SH has a good heart, is extremely kind, and is very capable will mean nothing to KS' mother. And, truthfully, as cute as they are, I'm not certain as yet that the man-child KS is going to be enough of a man for SH. After having taken care of her siblings and supporting her father, it would be good if SH didn't then have to also take care of her hubby and his mother. Also, I wonder if Team Leader Ko who is clearly into her is going to figure in any significant way to form a love triangle or not.

The twins Jae Hyung and Hyun Ah actually crack me up. So far, they seem to be comic filler for this drama, though with 50 episodes, I assume that they'll have plenty of time to mature and develop their characters. Also, JH being the object of Da Yeon's crush is also very sweet. DY also seems to be a good and caring person,trying her best to please her mother and keep some peace in her family, so I would be happy with a loveline between JH and DY.

And, then the OTP romance of Yoo Ha and Eun Tae.  It's clear that the OTP will have the most angst in their story line when the drama starts off with the failure of YH's marriage. A marriage that had been because of true love between YH and her husband Sung Woon. It was sad when YH was finally confessing to her father about the failure of her marriage, not to mention when hearing about all of the conditions that SW's family had placed on YH's father and family, with YH's father even signing a contract that governed his behavior including not being able to claim SW's family as actual in-laws. It was funny that the penalty in the contract for his "misbehavior" was that SW's family would send YH back to her father. It felt good to see HS getting angry at SW's sister and telling her off. Not as much of an intro to ET who has been traveling the world doing medical relief work, though some portents in the dislike that everyone in the hospital has for him. He's going to play a bad-tempered hero in this drama, it seems, which could be fun. I've never seen LSW play a bad-tempered person, so it's going to be interesting to see how he does. The OTP already seems a bit at odds with each other in their meetings, though it's mostly because YH is preoccupied and ET is bit presumptuous.

I just hope that LSW's character here doesn't skew too closely to his character in 'Happy Home' where he plays a doctor who romances the heroine who is coming out of an awful divorce.

Anyway, the story doesn't promise to be anything new or groundbreaking, though perhaps that is a good thing given the spate of unsatisfying endings in dramas this year. However, the cast is very solid and covers a breadth of ages and story lines as per a more traditional family weekend drama. This is including Yoo Dong Geun as the patriarch again, though I am having a hard time separating his character here from his last foray as patriarch in the weekend drama 'What's Wrong With This Family?', though hopefully, that's just because it's the start of the drama and I'll soon be able to stop comparing his performance here with his previous work.

I'm looking forward to episode 4 where HS and MY are finally going to meet face to face. I'm wondering when their wedding is going to happen. I'm also really looking forward to MY's son, the despicable, conniving Moon Shik getting his butt handed to him by the twins, especially once they become step-siblings. :) 

Decided to give this drama a try, as I really like the actor playing the father. He is my favorite drama appa! Loved him so much in What's With This Family (my favorite 50 ep weekend drama). I like his styling in this drama. He looks like cool appa.

With still 47 episodes to go, I do like where this drama is heading. Like @stroppyse said, the drama doesn't promise anything new or groundbreaking. But sometimes I feel it is comfortable to watch dramas like that. It's focusing more on family and the relations within a family - easy to relate to. Easy watching.

I like that the divorce is happening fast. I hope Chae Sung-woon and his family won't meddle too long with Yoo-ha. It would be nice to see her start working as a doctor and focus on building a life for her and Eun-soo. Hopefully starting a romance with the handsome doctor Jung Eun-tae. Unfortunately, this is drama land, and I think that Sung-woon's family will meddle quite a long time in Yoo-ha's affair. How weak can a man be, that he will allow his family to treat his wife and daughter like that? And how can he be more concerned about being exposed as being infertile, than being a good father to his adopted(?) daughter? Talk about having no spine... :angry:

Looking forward to appa and Lee Mi-yeon meeting in the next episode. Mi-yeon is such a cool woman! Race car driving at her age, and being a successful single mom despite of lots of scumbag men having come in and out of her life. Broke my heart to hear that she felt that only her father had only ever loved her. :( Will be interesting to hear the back story of Lee Mi-yeon and Park Hyo-seob. Hopefully they marry soon, so we can see the spoiled Choi Moon-sik and Park Jae-hyung become step brothers. hihi :D

Love the bickering twins. They will have some growing up to do, and it will be fun to see that happen during the course of this series. Park Hyun-na will be able to get her hands on a rich man and Moon-sik will meet his match... lol :D

I feel sorry for the eldest sister Park Sun-ha. She's sacrificed so much of herself since her mom passed away, always taking care of everyone. When she was about to tell her family about her engagement, that happy moment was taken away yet again by one of her siblings. Not that I am feeling that Sun-ha's boyfriend is the best match for her... Sun-ha should have a man who would be able to take care of her. Maybe Cha Kyung-soo will step up and surprise us though. There are still 47 episodes left, after all.

6af48aafd1e04c9fb8c38ee085129146.jpeg?x=images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8BOtHBEVmzuEMzrBJkc1images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0FNW3bBgIfCoaKpf44Zd

" Home is where you go...  When there's nowhere else to go. "

My favorite moment of episode 3 would be YH standing outside her fathers shop watching him through a window pane.  Like a lost child standing in darkness who just wants and needs to go home.  Feel the strength of her fathers arms and the comfort and protection of his love wrapped around her.  That feeling of relief in hearing him say it's going to be OK...

Yet nothing was as moving as watching him making and placing those shoes upon his daughters feet.  You could feel his humble heart broken in not knowing all the facts yet knowing enough to realize it had to have been horrible for her to come this far.  Just like the shoes he made would protect her feet and bring them comfort was his perfect way of saying I am here for you and right here is where you belong... 

I loved that he didn't want to hurt her in asking a bunch of questions even though his heart was aching giving her time.  He lovingly stayed in his shop working and waiting.  Using his love to create those white shoes most likely thinking about her and hurting with her and his granddaughter with every stitch.  Deciding to wait for her instead to come to him when she was ready and willing.  He knew she would come like most children do when their hearts are heavy and broken...

For all they want and need is you...

Home... Where there is always unconditional love waiting... :heart:At least there should be...:wub:

Sending a special shout out to my Chingus @kokodus and @stroppyse so glad you all joined us here!!!:w00t::D

I kept worrying about the lighted candle in the boot. It bothered me all through the office scene.

bad atmosphere onion head

The older sister is doing that guy's work too. Haven't seen 3 yet though.

I keep thinking how in heck's name she married that man. His family is absolutely awful. She an educated woman being treated as trash. He is also a ballless jerk.

Just finished watching ep 3. I like that this show doesn't dawdle with the expected storyline and moves quickly. I was only expecting for them to reveal the secret about Eun Soo after a few weeks, but yeah, I was surprised. We don't know the full details yet. Was she adopted?? Or artificial insemination?? Guess it will be revealed soon. The last scene between YH and her father was heart wrenching. I almost cried. Sighhh.

its been ages since i post something on soompi..but i have this drama keeps on 1st page so i can check the updates..hahahahaha

too many stories sometimes i skipped to watch whose story i like...

its hard decision for YH, will be stamp as cheater or will have her daughter live with her selfish father.

PYH has been a doormat for years she will obviously agree to be labelled a cheater in front of family, but mainly she cannot fight a custody battle against her husband with no job even if the family might not have an interest in the grandchild after finding out she is not biologically related. She can always expose the coward later on, its not like he is going to become "fertile"

What I dont get is she was on the right career track but gave that up to marry into a family who disrespect her and her family, husband who does not seem to show any love, also got a child through adoption/AI "for her husbands inheritance plan?" and lived for 5 years in that hell willingly

This drama is beautiful.  Loving it and how it's panning out.

Who is interested in the soon to be step brothers? From episode 1,I already loved them. The battle of the ego is so cute. 

Seems everybody will soon be connected one way or the other in this drama. Their dad is so handsome. I wonder how he looked like when he was younger. 

And the twins, I can totally relate. My family is filled with twins both identical,  fraternal,name them. I'm one too so u can see why I'm interested in them. Watched their interaction in happy together and can see that they actually behave like twins. They have few yrs age gap. I think 2 so it's OK. 

I want to see if this saying is right here.

:All twins are naturally stubborn but very mischievous". 

That circle of rich women. Oops. They are in every society in every country. Sometimes one has to resign to following them for your peace of mind but albeit carefully especially if u are sorrounded by such group. They are very nauseating. 

I wouldn't want to watch them but will be happy when their kids decimate them one after the other.

Well, Eun Soo is adopted. In the preview Sung Woon say that Yoo-Ha can't get pregnant. freaking douchebag. hopefully the divorce happens next week.

Well, atleast the marriage won't end with her having an affair to the public. Hope to get thiss divorce out of the way so we can concentrate on her relationship with LSW's character and her start working as a doctor. I will feel bad for Eun Soo, with her father not wanting her. Well, can't say i'm surprised considering how he treats Eun Soo. To him she was just a tool.

The thing I appreciate about this drama is that the father, Hyo Seob and his family are all so likable! I actually like the entire family, even Hyun Ha, the rather bratty yet feisty female twin.

So after watching episode 4, MY has seen HS, and HS heard from his friend that MY is around, but hasn't seen MY yet. MY has called HS, however, pretending to be a customer for custom fitted shoes and told him to come to her.

The mystery of what happened between HS and MY continues since they both liked each other, and had even started dating.  Though from the preview glimpse, I think that MY's father may have stepped in and trampled over HS' already low self-confidence with respect to MY to get HS to back off.  Anyway, MY hears from her friend that HS married very soon after MY and her father left the neighborhood after declaring bankruptcy, and is bitter about HS moving on so fast. It's interesting that MY has bitter feelings towards HS, while HS remembers MY so fondly. I really hope that they are able to connect next week, so that they, and we, can find out what happened back then, as well as looking forward to them rekindling their romance since neither of them seems to have been able to let go of the other, despite having married other people.

And, LSW just became more mysterious as to why he's returned to the hospital, and even putting on some cosplay of being a benevolent, understanding doctor sunbae. It was cute how he reassured all of the hoobaes only to walk to a secluded place to let loose a fit of anger that the one hoobae who dared to call a patient an "animal" still hasn't learned any bedside manners yet. LOL. Anyway, the true OTP interactions are still to come, and I'm really looking forward to those.

YH is still dealing with her in-laws. She was willing to keep SW's infertility secret for fear that his father may leave the company to someone other than him, until her sister-in-law called her sister out to rake her over the coals for raising YH to be a richard simmons. Them's is fighting actions, so YH drags her sister-in-law for a confrontation with SW. According to the preview, SW is going to turn the tables and claim that YH is infertile instead. :lol: I guess this means that YH will have to have a baby at some point just to shove it into SW and his family's faces.

@stroppyse Yeah, i really want that to happen. Imagine their faces knowing that Sung Woon can't get pregnant. I think YH Won't refute him blaming YH for being barren. Because that way he won't try to take Eunsoo from her out of spite. I hope later he returns when YH and LSW's character are together, by then it's too late and Eunsoo will also like him more.

4 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

@stroppyse Yeah, i really want that to happen. Imagine their faces knowing that Sung Woon can't get pregnant. I think YH Won't refute him blaming YH for being barren. Because that way he won't try to take Eunsoo from her out of spite. I hope later he returns when YH and LSW's character are together, by then it's too late and Eunsoo will also like him more.

Yes, the worst part is that ES misses her father. However, SW doesn't want ES, and she was only an expediency since they were pressured to have a baby as soon as they were married.

However, now that it's out that ES isn't SW's family, I can't imagine SW trying to keep ES when his entire family aren't going to want ES either. I don't think that YH needs to give in to SW on anything really, even though the drama is making it seem as if SW taking ES is a credible threat from YH's perspective.

I'm also hoping that the divorce is over with quickly. I expect the YH's to keep coming into the picture in some way, maybe with SW realizing how much he still loves YH after all? However, it would be better if YH was cleanly divorced before the OTP start feeling things for each other.

What's going to be really great actually is once MY marries HS, and so his kids now have some social status. I want to see them go up against SW's family. :D 

Whatever I say about Sung woon will anyways get "Richard simmons-ed", so not wasting time on him. Meh. I want to know who Hyun ha's pair would be, I thought it would be MY's bratty son who is in wrong terms with her twin brother, but they will become step siblings soon...so I guess there will be another character.... 

@stroppyse, SH only lashes out at YH. She defends her from hyung-nim, so she feels safe exploding at YH when they are alone. I think YH received the education SH wanted.  YH received the marriage into a wealthy family. Right now I think SH thinks YH is walking the flower road and doesn't see that life is hard regardless of where we are. I hope her eyes opened with the conflict and the door slam between YH and hyung-nim. SH is trying to make the best of her situation and that is hard, too. 

My two cents.

10 hours ago, dekaron said:

PYH has been a doormat for years she will obviously agree to be labelled a cheater in front of family, but mainly she cannot fight a custody battle against her husband with no job even if the family might not have an interest in the grandchild after finding out she is not biologically related. She can always expose the coward later on, its not like he is going to become "fertile"

What I dont get is she was on the right career track but gave that up to marry into a family who disrespect her and her family, husband who does not seem to show any love, also got a child through adoption/AI "for her husbands inheritance plan?" and lived for 5 years in that hell willingly

She and her whole family seem to be doormats. Well, her and her father, anyway. As soon as the horrible in laws made all those requirements and demanded they not meet etc, they should’ve run away and not looked back.

Archived