[Drama 2018] Shall We Live Together/ Marry Me Now? 같이 살래요

larus

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRknWKjwpBjadiSRst2HcRimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRw4-g49DcyMgMBgHBBgthimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwBUvaQ-Gkj8foNHwfx7z

It would seem everywhere YH turns her kind and loving nature that has been imprisoned within her marriage and life continues to be misjudged by everyone.  Even by her own family at first.  How is it that a woman that sacrificed so much for love and in just wanting to be loved so much so that she humbled herself so much she even lost sight of who she was or the value she holds...

A Mother who just wants to protect her child willing to keep quiet and give up everything and anything as long as she can hold onto the one thing that matters most in her life.  Her precious little girl.  The facts about her birth mean nothing and change nothing and can never touch the bond that lies between her and her daughter.  Desperation in needing a simple job to protect, feed and take care of the one she loves...

I loved that she stood up to ET and I won't lie I felt a smile come over my face.  I can't wait for this relationship to bloom!  Just like @dramaninja said already ET has a caring nature.  Not about money or fame he is a hands on doctor who truly cares about making a difference in other peoples lives.  When he gave that older woman the bag of candy it proved he not only made time for her healthcare.  He made time for her personal needs that of the mind and heart.  I don't know that much about him yet but so far it would seem he & YH are both willing to love beyond themselves...

ET may assume a little to much when it comes to YH but I think she can hold her own and it would seem will soon school him on judging others too quickly!  It might be fireworks for a while but a great flame starts with a spark and it is the same with love and that of the heart!!  Is it me or does anyone else think he will be perfect for one sweet faced little girl?  Who deserves to have a Daddy whose arms are always open, ready and willing to give her love:heart: 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the little girl will be the catalyst to understanding her and their upcoming romance.

Just as USAFarmgirl said I think he would be a good father since he is already saying caring.

I mean people are misunderstand him as well calling him Mad Dog when he just when people hurt the patients in anyway.

Their romance is going to be fantastic to watch.

@jadore1  Your comment made me laugh and it's so true.  I want to see those two suffer right along with you!!!  YH was forced to hold back and even now she is tied by that chain of her WEAK and GREEDY EX.  It would be hard to have been forced to keep silent and endure everything for so long in order to protect those you love.  Hard to believe in her heart back then he was one of those.  Still I look forward to when no one and nothing can hold her back because what goes around comes around and I hope this writer gives us a glorious judgement day!!!!:blush:

3 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

@jadore1  Your comment made me laugh and it's so true.  I want to see those two suffer right along with you!!!  YH was forced to hold back and even now she is tied by that chain of her WEAK and GREEDY EX.  It would be hard to have been forced to keep silent and endure everything for so long in order to protect those you love.  Hard to believe in her heart back then he was one of those.  Still I look forward to when no one and nothing can hold her back because what goes around comes around and I hope this writer gives us a glorious judgement day!!!!:blush:

Yes like somebody biting off his weak xy and our good doctor is the one to perform the surgery on him ...lol.....i know that was used in the hospital ship series but i am allowing the writer to copy this time lollll 

Some thoughts on the couples/lovelines:

I like the romance between the older HS and MY. They’re both so lonely now, and they were so in love when they were young — it’s nice to think they’ll get a second chance.

I like SH, but I can’t root for her and KS. SH has been taking care of her siblings for so long that I think she’s mistakenly embarked on a romance with a guy who needs someone to take care of him. KS isn’t mean-spirited, and I think he truly likes SH, but he’s whiny, and he'll have to grow up a lot to make me believe in them. Since Team Leader Ko is already an adult, I’m rooting for him (but I think it’s good TL Ko will have to fight to win SH’s heart).

JH and DY are super cute. DY wasn’t excited about working, but she was willing to try it — even before she knew JH will be there. And JH deserves to have someone cheering him on!

The main OTP… hmm — they look good together, and I think they could work, but right now each one is so self-focused (not selfish, but so driven) that I find I don’t care about them all that much.

@hyall said HH’s face should be stuffed in a dustbin and I love it — and completely agree! HH and DB (dustbin) could find true love!

After watching the latest episodes I could not help but start to compare both HH and DY as well as note some things about the other characters.  So let's go down this list

• MY has been unlucky in love and we find out that MS is not her biological child.  Based on the upcoming episodes there is going to be a lot of misunderstandings with this mother/son.  What we do get is the impression that MS seems to be a bit spoil, cares for MY, is cunning and though is "chaebol" he does have his work moments - not being abusive as a supervisor.
  • MY is feeling a bit happy in pursuing a relationship with HS because of the neighborhood, his own and his family's misconception of her being in dire straits when its actually the opposite.  Therefore she knows that HS will love her for her and his personality is that of a straight arrow.  HS will not be thinking about this until later, hence the start of the 1st pairing - personally I hope there is a real kiss scene with this pair & all the key couples in this drama.  It annoys me when they claim to have a mature relationship but you get the feeling/see that there is no passion with the pairs due to their age, some passion shown for the key couples would be appreciated.  The youngest character is 5 everyone else is over 24, let them act like it in terms of real relationship.
  • YH and ET are starting off with wrong assumptions/perceptions of each other with the troublesome yoke of her being the so called DIL of the troublesome Haea Corporation and the perceptions of what is suppose to be the expected persona of a chaebol's etal wife.  Two of them is that the wife is not suppose to work and do a lot of charity work which is really insincere public relations.  YH has just found out that ET's BIL (Chan Koo - CK) is actually scamming him just to reach his objective for more money and power upgrading.  When you check it out, their story is about to start.  However, I see a lot of upcoming issues because YH cannot tell the world that she is divorced per se as her family especially ES would be in trouble.  What I am curious about is the fact that should they "sue" for "so called unacceptable behavior" would she be able to fight them well with evidences of her not receiving any fiscal support from them, the fact that ES was withdrawn from the family registry because she is not blood, there were no communication from the ex family ever since the separation.  Can she fight them well considering how powerful they are?  I also wonder if YH will get to be a real doctor in this drama.
  • JH is trying to get his bearings in his new job, however I do not care for seeing scenes whereby he is being used as an errand boy instead of a proper employee, I am sure that none of this is in his job description. I do not care if this means establishing good relations with your boss, unless you are getting coffee for yourself, you can ask if he/she wants one & not be ordered to get one as he is not the waiter/barista for that matter.
  • KS is a man boy and a mama's boy, because that is how he has been raised hence when he decides to act as an adult/"rebel" his domineering mother has issues with SH.  Its a problem I have with these MIL's in the kdramas, he may be your son but he is an adult let him be one he is 30 for pete sake not 16.  I think that's why he gravitated towards SH as she is the more mature one with the ability to make him grow up but its not going to be easy.  As I stated before the mother needs to get a job and life outside of her son apart from gossiping with the neighbors.  The typical son mother clinging and entitlement behavior is disgusting, as far as I am concerned it is the son's family who should be rewarding the daughter etc because when she goes over its a lot of crap she has to deal with along with the son and not the other way around. They should be grateful for having her becoming part of their family as she has given up a lot.
  • I understand ET's hesitancy in getting married as based on his childhood experience he does not want his own family to go through that.  Nor does he believe that he has the ability to share himself in that manner to someone, so I do not blame him.  However, I do not understand his sister's obsession with him and daughter getting married, I do not think its that important now.  What is important is for ET and DY to grow enough to be willing to share themselves with someone and that is not now.

Now for HH and DY.  There are some people that have been somewhat bashing HH but for me I kind of like her because of who she is and the potential of her character growth in more episodes.  Its the same with DY.  What I like most about HH is that she is a what you see is what you get.  You know for a fact that though at times her personality is a bit brash, she is not going to lie to you about what she is, her likes, dislikes, concerns etc.  She will not stab you in the back, instead she will tell you in your face that she will stab you, you will always know where you stand with this person.  This is way much better than encountering a person who says that they like you  etc. and then curses/lies/attacks you once you walk away, you are in constant awareness/danger of these type of people. HH talks about money a lot, but you can clearly see that she has no problem working for it by taking on a part time job and saving to achieve a goal - her car, she does not expect to be given everything just because she is the youngest; she clearly loves her family and is willing to do just about anything for them however I do understand her frustration with the new changes in her life and living situation.  Its not easy, especially when she had hopes for her sister's happiness, the fact that she does not know the real situation of YH/ES is in a way a good thing because if YH told her the truth that girl will confront those people and stir up an ant's nest causing more trouble.  Because as we all have seen HH has a huge mouth, once she opens it, the whole world knows.  I find it funny when I see JH acting that way once HH blurts out whatever it is.

As for DY, I really do not care how she was raised to be just a wife, I like the fact that she is sweet at times and clearly is in JH's corner for the most part.  However because of her upbringing, she is the type if the family loses everything would not immediately know how to survive and when the reality hits her is likely to stumble very hard/die.  A part from liking JH, you do not see DY the person because she is raised to be an extension of a man not an individual.  I took a very dim view of the father and the show for that matter promoting the use of a credit card instead of debit or cash.  Credit cards when you think about it is continuous loan from the bank and you always have to pay them instead of saving or using your own cash.  I just did not like that, I do not have one nor will get one because I hate owing money especially when I haven't used the cash and end up paying monthly fee/interest for money not spent.  DY to me is still very naive and is like a immature 16 year old in high school, you do not know if she went to college or what did she study, can do etc.  What we do know is the fact that she was fat in school, called JH her idol and underwent extensive weight loss.  DY starts work next week, a plan concocted by CK for her to meet and marry MS - which we all know will not work as she is JH obsessed. I hope the show tries to make DY grow as an individual with the ability to love JH as a person and not the idol, though at times she does act as his conscience.  Therefore to me both HH/DY characters is just like us regular folks to some extent not perfect but we all have the potential to grow, mature and develop into an amazing person.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Gone for now

I wonder is ES need to have a surgery or some transplant in the future. she seems to be sick really often. YH dodged questions from her father. In the end SH boyfriend's mother came into HS store and throwing his shoes everywhere cause she objects to SH and her son. MY comes in and grabs her hand and talk back to her. episode ends. Hope HS and MY marries by episode 20 as latest.

So with Mad Dog's noona saying something's up with his blood that would make an accident dangerous, and now Eun Soo is revealed to be Rh negative (both according to the subs I saw, I can't vouch for the original Korean), I'm wondering where Mad Dog was when YH and hubby sought a sperm donor while they were overseas? Anyone else think the show is hinting that Mad Dog is Eun Soo's bio dad?

30 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

@123sara I thought ES was adopted.

No she wasn't adopted, they even sent the Sister in law photos when she was pregnant (this means they went to a sperm bank when they were overseas) I'm actually thinking that the doctor might actually be the biological dad since the kid and him both have this "rare" blood type, i would actually really like it if they go that path.

33 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

@123sara I thought ES was adopted.

@Lunkera  You're right that it hasn't been clearly stated on the show that ES was the product of a sperm donor and YH -- but I think that's what happened.

Here's why: Although YH and her ex-husband told the ex's mean sister that ES was adopted, the sister was later seen looking through the (supposedly falsified) documentation from YH's pregnancy, and she found a report about checking for gestational diabetes. The sister said to herself that YH hadn't sent her this report, and wondered why they'd fake this medical document but not send it along. To me, this suggests that YH and her ex lied about the adoption (since the ex is the one who's infertile and he's desperate for his family not to know this, he lied that YH is the one who can't have children, which means ES had to have been adopted; YH went along because she knows that if her ex gets upset, his money means he can easily take ES away from her). Instead, YH and her ex used a sperm donor (or maybe IVF?) for her to get pregnant while they were overseas, and all the evidence of her pregnancy that they sent to her ex's family was therefore real.

(Since they were desperate for a child, it would also probably be easier to have had YH get pregnant with someone else's sperm, as adoption can take a very long time, and if YH and her ex had tried to use his family's money and/or connections to speed the adoption process, they'd run the risk of getting caught.)

Archived