[Drama 2018] Shall We Live Together/ Marry Me Now? 같이 살래요

larus

hahah, the reaction when SH has a man. The siblings start making a huge fuss. JH calling the father. Their surprised reaction with him being younger :D . SW sister is forcing the kindergarden to have ES leave.

HS and others have to pay a specific sum to be able to keep the house after MY intending to take it. So i guess this is why YH will accept the hospital's offer. The youngest sister is bratty, especially towards YH.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why the sister could not have revealed she was getting no alimony and they are even threatening to make her pay a penalty if people the husband knew finds out she is looking for a job.  They take away the possibility of paying her an alimony and child support and force her to sign an agreement to pay a penalty. Why do these dramas make my blood boil huh?whaaat3 onion head

The young boyfriend of the oldest sister lied to his mother or was he serious about using the older sister for her connections. I think he did it to head off his mother and stop her from interfering and causing trouble at the office. My goodness what values they impart. So all the opposition fade as long as she has rich in laws who can buy apartments. This greediness makes me sick.

So now the twin son is going work for that jerk . Well all weekend dramas do start with a lot of conflicts so not surprised.

I guess Mi Yeon is having second thoughts about turning them out and forcing the payment of the loans. I have to check my blood pressure every time I watch one of these dramas.stress onion head

1 hour ago, dekaron said:

I'm surprised YooHa didnt sign away a kidney or some other stuff in case her inlaws need it in the future

She is a very big fool. What manner of love is that?  So the man is more important than her family who loved and cared for her. What a selfish lady. I don't pity her. 

@darr So what is she supposed to do?. SW family is rich while her family is not. They can do alot to her family without getting punished by it at all. It's the same in real life. The wealthy and powerful can get away with crimes too easily. Until HS and MY marries, she has no backing.

fullsizephoto959061.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8hV8erOPEIi1oGbzQEL7shall-we-live-together-250x175.jpg

" Family Where Life Begins...  And Love Never Ends...

I was actually drawn here partly because of the OTP and I look forward and believe they will be worth the wait.  Not to mention the characters that surround them and their individual stories are colorful as well and no matter who you are there is a story within this story for everyone...

They say family is everything and I think this family will prove it to be true.  Already we can see the reality in how siblings don't often know what each other are facing.  That there can be misunderstanding and judgements made because of lack of communication. Believing not what you know to be fact but only what you choose to see.  Also that being the oldest often comes with great responsibilities and sacrifices that feel more like burdens at times in wishing you were not the oldest. Putting your own desires and dreams on hold so that others can fulfill theirs while watching time seem to pass you by. She too can be misjudged...

Yet a sister you may have thought lived the perfect fairy tale life from the outside.  Was in reality living within a prison filled with cruelty, loneliness and destruction of YH's spirit and herself...

I actually think that the past love story between HS & MY based and ended on misunderstanding which will be recaptured by learning the truth and given light and a second chance gives new meaning to just how timeless love truly is.  And I believe the OTP will also be a look at what love should consist of and how a relationship should be and feel for at least when it comes to YH. Seeing the opposite of what she had already experienced and I think ET will open her heart and she will in turn open his eyes and heart as well...

On 02/04/2018 at 1:38 PM, Lunkera said:

@darr So what is she supposed to do?. SW family is rich while her family is not. They can do alot to her family without getting punished by it at all. It's the same in real life. The wealthy and powerful can get away with crimes too easily. Until HS and MY marries, she has no backing.

My anger with her was what happened before the marriage,  not now. 

An impotent husband who made u lie, u stopped practicing what ur family especially father struggled to make ends meet so u can learn, the so called husband family gave u a ridiculous rules to follow including excommunicating ur family and yet u agreed. How old was she then?  There is a big line between loving foolishly and loving with ur heads intact. No wonder everybody especially the second sister was mad at her. She brought nothing to the family. It was the second sister who was making the whole sacrifice. And she is going to pay for that. Look at her age.  Come to think of it, I see sense in what her husband told her. Their adopted daughter need to stay far away from them else she will be discovered. Why did she agree in the first place if she knew she won't play the role to the end. It's now she wanna make use of her sense. Somebody once told her not to bother cooking,after all when she was with them she hardly enters the kitchen.

I hope she redeems herself otherwise her character is very disgusting and nauseating. Love my foot. I don't pity her. She lived in utopia. She had caught up with reality. So she better wipe that her eyes and be productive. 

I just started watching this drama after being on a dry spell.  Its not so bad at all, what we as viewers has to consider is that this is a 50 episode drama and as such there is likely to be over 50% of the actions of the key characters that is going to frustrate us to no end, and its now at episode 6 so its a long way to go.  Therefore lets go with the flow for now, long post below.

I am not going to defend YH here per se but will state some things about her and her family to give  us a reality/awareness check.  In this case its culture and how it drives people to behave the way they do even though we do not like it at all.  Korea is mostly a patriarchal, Confucius based, educational and class centric culture, it is in no way egalitarian very few countries are.  What is common is the fact that most parents are willing to do just about anything for their child and it is expected that the child will/should do the same. 

YH's in laws are beyond disgusting and highly hypocritical with the belief that they are above the law/perfect in all things and anything/anyone that does not meet their so called "clean" standards are trash.  The whole family were raised that way and as such treat others that way as well. Though they are adults YH and SW were in "love" at that time with YH who is raised from a loving family with the sincerity and belief that with love all things are possible. Keep in mind that being filial to one's family and obedience to the elders is a very important aspect to the culture as a future DIL she is expected to do so.  She thought that with SW's love and support they as a couple would be able to conquer the nasty nasty hurdle of the "in-laws" of being accepted/cared for as a daughter-in-law, what she got was something worse after submitting to them all of who she is, enduring a lot of their crap and her family doing the same.  The mistake was her "naivety and trust in SW and that so called hopeless hope with that family".  YH did not know what her family sacrificed in order for her to be there when she did it was too late and she did state to ex that if she knew, she would never had married him.  SW is a product of that family, his rebellion was loving YH when he wanted to marry her, he sincerely believed at that time that if he gave up everything to his family to have her they would see what a good person that YH was and accept them.  However, that proved not to be the case and it became worse with the knowledge that he is "infertile" because that is clear proof of his imperfection from a so called perfect family.  With the pressure to have a child etc. they complying to the family demands the relationship got worse as he conformed to the family in all aspects and eventually proved to us what a wutless man he was and that YH's sincere love , efforts for him & the Chae family was wasted.   Eun Soo is proof of his imperfection,  hence he dislikes her and I am of the belief that ES was invitro and not adopted.  Keep in mind that the Chae family are shown to be all round extremely powerful, YH may have her family's back but she is not powerful at all and her family etc are literally hostages in the Chae's esp SIL hands.   One thing to note was that YH told SH that there was no choice for her when she complied to said demands and request from SW. There are several kdramas that shows these type of families and their behavior is not always pleasant - image is everything to them and they will do just about anything to ensure that what we common folks see is a sparkling, clean transparent one.   Example - YH and her family have not told the public of her divorce, that family do not want that info to be revealed as it is a stain on their image.  The EX-SIL always hated YH, never lets her forget it and yet calls YH a gold digger one who has never asked for anything from them in the first place, they made the demands from the time SW decided to propose to YH. Yet it is clear to us that they are more obsessed about power and money than YH or anyone. The key here is to find effective solutions in beating them without your family or those you care for or around you from becoming hurt.

Here is also something to note of the culture - although education is high up in the parent's hope for their children, who they marry is also up there as it signifies leveling up, image & being associated with them by having a foot in the door etc.  This is the case with YH's family especially the youngest sister Hyuna Ha (HH) thought process and SH's so called "mother-in-law"; the father and sister complied because they believed in and loved YH.  I took a dim view of the future MIL when she decided to accept SH based on the fact that YH was an in law of the Haea Corp - supreme conglomerate, she told her son what gifts she expects from becoming part of that family, her thought process sucks.  By the way, does she not have something to do apart from pestering in her "adult" son's affairs, its a poor image of single mature women with an adult child.  I also did not like what SH's boyfriend did which was a desperate move on his part in order to get his mother to accept her, something she told him with the trust that he will not tell anyone this fact.  HH as we all can see so far has shown herself to love her family a lot, however she can be impulsive, money centric, has a very big mouth and is at times immature.  If she owns a car and is able to do a part time job she has some maturity about her.  However, can you imagine what her reaction would be if she got the true information about YH and her situation?  I did not like what she said as to her expectations of getting pocket money from BIL, that to me is a no-no, do not expect gifts from in laws, you are not entitled to them.  Let them choose whether to gift you or not and if they choose not to do so do not bad mouth them either.  Look at ET's BIL, he wants something from YH because she is "DIL" of that family when all she wants is a job in order to survive. How does one expect YH to keep quiet and have no form of income to support herself and her family?  That is just stupid, because its like the exSIL expects YH to beggar to the family for having the gall of having to choose divorce, she is constantly punishing/abusing YH. The brother Jae Hyung because of his "non-spectacular" qualifications he has been having a difficult time getting a job, yet those who inherit it do not have to work for it- they just walk in the door and its there.  As such some of them have abused their positions which we saw, being associated with a "certain" company also affects one's image.  Da Yeon to me is a sweet person but I wish they gave her a job or something more productive to do with her time instead of matchmaking dates.  I will not go into the fat slim image perception in the show because that is common in other kdramas as well.

I do not have much to say about ET because we do not know much about him, except that he got a wake up call when he became a volunteer doctor overseas, hence change in perspective and slight in behavior.  His and YH's story is going to take time, however I wish they fast forward YH synopsis as it does not match what is being shown right now as to who she is.   HS and MY love story is one of misunderstanding and MY holds a grudge for too long without going to the source and getting the facts with decisions to punish others for said slight.  However, you in a way can see where or how it can happen e.g. the neighbor gossiping about MY with incorrect info all because of HH's big mouth and supposition.  Its interesting to see how their romance will develop, MY's son is going to get a rude awakening, I am not sure if there is going to be a loveline for him and HH, I do not support this one.  

As I said earlier we are at episode 6 with 44 to go lets see how the rest of the story will unfold.

Gone for now.

Something fun :wub::wub:  They are my favourites in Marry me Now. They are all so adorable.

Yeo Hoi Hyeon posted his childhood photo 

Lee Sang Woo posted his photo as a toddler

Yeon Woo posted her photo with Han Ji Hye

I don't blame him for being mad. Her bonus was more important than the people dying. There was no way she could have revealed the real reason and she looks thoroughly mercenary in her demands . Tomorrow she will be going to work for him....fireworks. 

The youngest twin is so annoying I want to stuff her face into a dustbin.

@stroppyse I agree, he's a really good actor. liked him in almost every drama i've seen him in except when he play a villain :tongue: . I guess he hasn't been given a lead role cause of his looks. most either look like pretty boys or the really manly type. Well, that's my opinion atleast.

In "Our Gab Soon"  Choi Dae Chul  had a very interesting love line with the older sister. That drama was a train wreck but that part of the story kept me watching  until some silliness kept them apart too. Overall I believe he is a very versatile actor.

I think she needs to tell him something or he going to keep thinking you are this cold  person.

But the problem is the fund never exited anyway dude is  a piece of garbage.

I really like how the main dude isn't mad about something like some business deal no he mad because of the funding to help patients.

Archived