[Drama 2018] Shall We Live Together/ Marry Me Now? 같이 살래요

larus

Side characters - Gossipy Wife, Shim II Soon - GW, Gossipy friend , Ma Dong Ho - MDH, CEO Yang - CY, Team Leader Ko - LKO

Ep 14 Quick cap

It started with MY trying to keep her identity being a secret and ended with it being revealed. No preview

• HS/MS are arguing to the point that HS tells MY that they are going to the police, MY drives away.  The conversation goes a little further to the point that it looks like HS is going to beat up MS who runs away.  HS finds MY's behavior strange and calls her she comes up with an excuse.  At home MY finds out how much MS dislikes HS, she finds it ironic and a bit upsetting as to the position that she is now in with as the 2 men she cares for the most dislikes each other a lot.
  • SH tells KS that they should break up, she feels sorry for how she has been treating her father of late not being aware as to what he was going through.  SH tells KS to meet a woman who his mother can accept, she says that she really loves him and walks away.  KS is very sad & upset he comes home, the mom puts on a front but he does not speak to her.  YH sees SH crying, she told YH everything who promises to keep it a secret.  The next morning SH is not well, ES visits her playing doctor (its adorable), YH brings in a meal and they exchange a few words.  JH/HH shows HS a picture of CEO Yang and the fact that MY may be somewhat connected to him, HS sort of brushes it aside.
  • The next morning at breakfast MS is greeted by GW who finds out about MY's association with YL Group etc.  MY advises her to keep that secret.
  • YH had earlier invited ET on a "date" at the gallery, he goes to pick her up and they had a brief car convo.  At the gallery they looked at some artwork - photographs, some of which were on Africa.  They looked at a specific photograph to which ET gave a response on it, this satisfies YH who managed to get the manager/owner to come see her and ET.  YH speaks to her on the photograph etc and introduces ET to the person adding his father in the mix.  The lady is impressed who seem to want to be connected to ET and his father's legacy, however YH sort of curtail that with a business card and a few words.  As they were leaving YH gave a failed high-five to ET, she tells him it was a strategy etc. which he accepts.
  • Later ET tells CK that he can relax, as he is not going to tell his wife about he tricking him.  CK is nervously ok.
  • JH seeks advice from YH in relation to keeping secrets etc.  YH gave him some advice as to how to approach it and what the other side may be thinking.  This was after he had a casual convo with his colleague  about MS and MS interrupts them
  • At work JH/DY are getting along well, however MS comes in the showroom and starts to insult JH.  JH/MS talk in the stairway whereby JH tells him that MS's secret is safe with him.  MS takes his anger at JH by  humiliating him in the boxing ring, this was seen by DY who gets upset on JH's behalf.  DY recalls a time when she was humiliated at school and JH came to her defense, DY throws a bucket of water on MS with a few choice words to who he is/actions.  JH goes home upset, seeing this HH tries to find out what is wrong but does not get any answers.  MS is going to be in serious trouble when he meets HH.
  • GW finds out from MDH about MY proposing to HS and that he is considering it.  GW thinks that is great but is put in a uncomfortable position of wanting to tell but unable to in order to keep her job.  Earlier HS had spoken to MY who tells him that once she gets his answer she will tell him about who she is, she is being coquettish with him. The gossipy couple visits HS and interrupts HS/MY's talk, seeing them GW rushes MDH out of the store.
  • YH visits the Corp lawyer who told her about CK's visit, she tells him that she has done nothing wrong etc. and that the Corp people need to hurry and announce the divorce.
  • HS receives a call about YL Group, he goes there and sees CEO Yang he asks CY if he knows MY etc.  CY does not reveal much. 
  • SH did not go to work that day, LKO asks KS about it who was vague in his response.  Later KS visited HS and told him what happened to SH, the fact that they broke up etc.  HS got upset with KS, he later found SH in the park and held her hands while she cried.  It was a touching scene.
  • The next day, HS left home early no one at home could find him.  HH stopped by the gossipy couple business whereby she found out from GW, MY's real identity and the huge benefits that could come from being associated with her.
  • DY is hesitant in going to work, she tells ET what she did and why ET supports her.  DY changes her mind saying that if she does not lookout for JH he has no one so she rushes to work.  MS looks at the presentation and seem to be upset with it, he sees JH and starts bullying him.  JH has had enough and drapes up MS in a confrontational manner.
  • Its a shareholder/executive management meeting with MY there; CY says a few words and introduces MY to all.  HS comes in and sees MY talking in a position of power with a smile, she ends her speech and sees HS looking at her, MY smile stops.  Show ends.

Notes - After watching the subs, YH's proposal shed some light on the operations of the hospital in that, it appears that ET's father original vision and dream of what a true hospital should be has disappeared under CK's control.  These so called medical heads of departments are not interested in the patients but are very self serving in power, money and are parasitic, this includes CK as they got upset because YH tells them that one way they could grow is reduce unnecessary spending and benefits that these so called doctors love to have.  In other words clean up your own yard first before begging others to do so when there may be no need for it,  In addition, she subtly threatens them using the Board of Directors for her proposal, this is what forces CK to take action.  I said in a previous post that her prior experience as a chaebol wife and doctor will come into play on her job and this was clearly proven in the last 2 episodes.  YH's intelligence shine for both episodes as well as her role as a sister in providing comfort, truths to SH and advice to JH.  There is a reason why ET is popular with the patients and not the other doctors which is mainly due to his sincerity to the patients and impatience with the doctors not being true doctors whose heart lacks the sincerity needed.

In an indirect manner this episode shows us why JH needs DY in his life as he deal with work challenges and MS.  JH needs someone outside of his family to be always on his side it so happens to be DY who is more than willing to do so.  DY needs JH in order to mature and be stronger.

HS/MY will now be facing some hurdles in their relationship because although HS initially does not have an issue with MY having money, based on the bad experience with the neighborhood development its now a problem.  Then there is the kids namely HH, JH, MS and to some degree SH.  HS/JH experience with MS are not positive and vice versa.  MY knows of the mutual dislike, but its going to become more so with the fact that MS is JH's boss and that he is a bully towards him.  From the materialistic stand point HH may seem to be okay for now, however when it comes to her twin that is a different story especially if she has a first meeting with MS with knowledge of how he treats JH.  MS will have a huge hit. 

Although some of you would prefer SH to be with LKO, its not likely to happen as KS is main and not the side character.  So for patience sake we will have to watch how this relationship pans out.

Now that MY's position has been revealed, the next 2 episodes will likely focus on how all characters will handle this.  Gossipy couple, HH will likely tell the whole world; it would not matter much to YH/ES; JH more upset due MS connection;  SH will be worried but more focus will be on KS break up.  KS's mom knowing this truth is likely to change her mind being the opportunistic witch that she is.

Have a good week all.

Gone for now. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other doctors need to get a life, he is trying to make a patient feel at ease about the surgery.

I wish the ex  seem them together at the art galley that would have been awesome!

Wait are HS/MY  and YH/ET going to get marry an all live in the same house?!??!?!?

@jeijei:  Replying to your remark about Mi Hee's voice --- I find her whispering to be imitation finishing school, mimicking Jackie Onassis, who really went to 'finishing school.'  When she uses a normal voice, the tone is nice and it's very pleasing, but that fake whispy whispering I find really pretentious.  And she does it all the time, it's become her trademark.  

Just watching Sunday episode for a few weeks, reducing boring by 50%!  

On 28/04/2018 at 10:31 PM, dramaninja said:

Oh yeah ES and YH forming that strong bond he starting to trust her more now.

They going to be a force.

I have been waiting for this.  

:wub::wub: love them! Waitinggg (my neck is getting very long now) for their love to bloom :D:D

They are so perfect together.

On 28/04/2018 at 9:25 PM, chasen8888 said:

Notes - I cannot promise to continuously give recap for this drama because there could be a point where it may make me decide to stop watching and recapping.  What I can do is help as much as possible as I realize this gives a viewer a quick overview and choice as to whether they should watch this episode or not, what would be worth seeing

Thank you for making time to translate, recap and share your thoughts.  Appreciate it all.

@Cestbon you are welcome.  However I need to put in this mini clause - I do not speak Korean but as a seasoned kdrama/movie watcher, I understand some of the language making it easier for me to grasp the main content of the show. Hence recap,

I wonder if the Haea Corp are getting cheated by the lawyer?  As YH seems to understand and be aware of the content of "said contract", therefore she was able to ensure that her employment contract did not make her lose at all.  The lawyer's response which could not counteract YH makes me question this. YH studied her contract in depth because she knows what those people are like so she protected herself and ES by doing so.  Telling the lawyer to mind his own business was nice to hear, however with the upcoming rumors about YH and maybe HS/MY its likely that this "so called family" will be visiting soon.

MS has pushed JH too far and does not think about what DY nor JH said to him all because he is an advantageous position.  This is going to bite him back and I hope that the CEO and MY find out what is he up to in that aspect.  Fire him and let him get the experience job hunting with that arrogant attitude or better yet make JH his boss.  MS needs a reality check where his behavior as a supervisor is concerned.

Gone for now

10 hours ago, watchumlots said:

@jeijei:  Replying to your remark about Mi Hee's voice --- I find her whispering to be imitation finishing school, mimicking Jackie Onassis, who really went to 'finishing school.'  When she uses a normal voice, the tone is nice and it's very pleasing, but that fake whispy whispering I find really pretentious.  And she does it all the time, it's become her trademark.  

Just watching Sunday episode for a few weeks, reducing boring by 50%!  

Thank you, and here i thought i am the only one found the way she talks is annoying, i wish she could just talk normal so i can enjoy the drama more.

Oops ... she is back? Or was this the past?

On 30/04/2018 at 8:15 PM, chasen8888 said:

I wonder if the Haea Corp are getting cheated by the lawyer?  As YH seems to understand and be aware of the content of "said contract", therefore she was able to ensure that her employment contract did not make her lose at all.  The lawyer's response which could not counteract YH makes me question this. YH studied her contract in depth because she knows what those people are like so she protected herself and ES by doing so.  Telling the lawyer to mind his own business was nice to hear, however with the upcoming rumors about YH and maybe HS/MY its likely that this "so called family" will be visiting soon.

Yu Ha is a smart lady. I didn't think much of the lawyer.  Haea family seems to be operating him with a remote control, but my observation may be wrong too. He was somewhat "cornered" by Yu Ha... to make her ex announce their divorce. Eun Tae's brother in law asked if it was ok to sign the contract. And, lawyer didn't mention about divorce.  Maybe that is why Yu Ha's ex sis in law is visiting Eun Tae's brother in law.

On 30/04/2018 at 8:15 PM, chasen8888 said:

MS has pushed JH too far

Am glad that JH is starting to fight back! The scene with DY hitting MS back ... throwing bucket of water on MS was really good. Actors playing role of JH, DY and MS are really good too.

Enjoy the weekend :blush:

Love this :wub::wub:. Preview

0000049175_001_20180505141116011.jpg

Source

It started with the truth and ended with a break up

Ep 15 recap

HS finds out about MY's identity, she tries to explain but he left.  HS spent time in his shop thinking about things while MY nervously waits.  MY meets HS  later to talk about her wealth, she is nervous but he is somewhat happy for her and wonders why she did not tell him.  

JH gets angry at MS who counteracts him. JH leaves the office upset undecided at to what he is to do.  DY sees him but is unable to catch up, she sort of confronts MS with regards to her actions etc. the assistant defends her.  Worried she tries to contact JH but no luck, she decides to cover for him.

YH receives a call from the gallery, she informs ET and goes there optimistic.  However, she got dismissed by the manager.  Later YH worked overtime trying to garner funds for the hospital's project in ET's office.

HH now happy with the news that MY is wealthy decides to support the relationship, she gets some "vitamins" to strengthen and persuade HS to continue dating MY.  She told him that she knows about MY's identity, HS tells her to keep it a secret which of course she promised.  Please this is HH here:wink:-_-

That secret did not last long as it appears that SH wants to set up her father with someone.  HH got wind of that and blocked that off by telling SH about MY, this was overheard by ES.  SH talks to HS about this and state her concerns.

The next morning at breakfast ES asks YH about MY so the whole family is now aware of MY being wealthy.

MS is giving his staff a hard time rejecting the coffee etc. it appears that he regrets his actions.  JH did not go to work, he wonders if he should resign.  JH's absence seem to be felt meanwhile DY covers for him at work.  DY later manages to meet JH who told her what he is feeling in relation to the job and thanks.  DY tries to encourage JH.  Earlier JH met MY at his father's place, he told her that he is support of them being together etc.  This gave MY a positive impression of JH, she wants him to meet MS.

Upon the news of YH getting rejected by the gallery, ET decides to help her and goes there.  He brought YH along with him, he gave her the opportunity to talk & convince the manager in obtaining support.  During that time he was outside the gallery waiting and got recognized by the press they started taking pictures of him.  This was badly affecting ET, he broke the camera, apologized and ran away.  There is a flashback to his childhood and what caused the trauma with the death of his mother and his father's response to the situation all in front of the press all at the hospital.  YH manages to do some convincing and leaves the gallery looking for ET.  She sees him sitting and comforts him by massaging his palm, ET is looking closely at YH - he falls:wub:.  

MY is at home talking to GW who gets a call from her husband, while on the phone (video) everything about MY is revealed.  MDH is in shock.

JJH found out what CK did in relation to trying to set up DY with MS, she also got wind of some other things from ET.  When DY came home, JJH more or less tried to tell her to quit but DY said no to that and took the family to task about some things.  They are surprised at the new DY. 

At office MS seem to be waiting for a call from JH but no luck.

KS comes home in a depressed mood he recalls seeing SH's return to office, LKO welcoming her and at the same time he is trying to find out what was happening with SH from KS who did not say much.

HS is contemplating what he should do next with his relationship to MY.  He and MY went by the park to talk, HS tells MY that he does not feel confident and that they are to break up.  Show ends

Preview

ET finds out from ES how hard YH is working and is looking on her

HS/MY break up has an impact on everyone, as it becomes clearer to all that HS loves/cares for MY

MS meets JH trying to reconcile.

Thoughts - if there is a similarity between YH / DY its that they are instinctively always there to provide strength and support to their future respective pair when needed.  Its because of this why ET is falling for YH and JH is looking at DY not as a pest but as a good friend.  Both men were down, yet these women were there for them.  MS was an a-s and he knows it but because of his ego has trouble apologizing.  HS lack of confidence is understandable as it appears on the outside that MY has everything but what she really needs can only be given by him.  But he does not see that as it is the cynical opinion of the world that material wealth trumps the emotional one.  It would be nice if this is resolved in the next episode but on the other hand it may bring to the forefront to other people what this couple really mean to each other.

Some people may call the show boring but I disagree as it subtle in doing everyday life.  People do this, its not action, mix up etc all the time.  It is normalcy, like me typing this recap and then later to do some everyday thing.

Looking forward to the next episode

Gone for now.

chingus, if we can all guess about what will happen in a drama, we all have a bit of writer in us. hahaha.. so be a matchmaker auntie and join the writer's smashup carnival -- our new event. check it out! and if you are lurking, don't forget to hit a button on people's stories to encourage them. it is based fully on community voting.

“Marry Me Now” Continues To Top Time Slot

Marry-Me-Now.jpg

Marry Me Now” is maintaining its streak of first place!

Nielsen Korea reported that the May 5 broadcast of KBS2’s “Marry Me Now” achieved 23.7 percent viewership. While this is a 6.7 percent decrease from it’s previous episode rating of 30.4 percent, “Marry Me Now” still managed to come on top of its time slot.

“Marry Me Now” has consistently been taking first place in its time slot, and even saw its highest viewership rating of 31.6 percent with episode 12, which aired April 22.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/05/marry-now-continues-top-time-slot/

I really dislike HH.  I am hoping the writers won't create a loveline between her and MS when they finally meet.  I actually like MS with DY. 

3 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Wait are they trying to exploit his tragedy?

Yes, they are.

1 hour ago, hmmmgood said:

I really dislike HH.  I am hoping the writers won't create a loveline between her and MS when they finally meet.  I actually like MS with DY. 

Yes, they are.

So disgusting. :angry:

On the bright side ET  and YH  really coming along now, its weird seeing them so happy together lol

Also she knows pretty much everything about  since he told her about his trauma.

Man YH is really sweet already trying to spare him by going to the show alone.

Archived