[Drama 2018] Shall We Live Together/ Marry Me Now? 같이 살래요

larus

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! First time here :) 

I'm expecting this show will be a confortable and agreable watch. 

The loveline that I'm anticipating is that of MY-HS. I hope the writer don't rush it, and that s/he unfolds it beautyfully and with great patience :). I really want to savour it. I like very much both actors and I think that they will have a good chemistry, besides for once it will be good to have a lovestory between middle aged people well written. So till now, I'm only engaged with those two :wink:

7 hours ago, tradedlooksforwisdom said:

@stroppyse, SH only lashes out at YH. She defends her from hyung-nim, so she feels safe exploding at YH when they are alone. I think YH received the education SH wanted.  YH received the marriage into a wealthy family. Right now I think SH thinks YH is walking the flower road and doesn't see that life is hard regardless of where we are. I hope her eyes opened with the conflict and the door slam between YH and hyung-nim. SH is trying to make the best of her situation and that is hard, too. 

My two cents.

SH, as the eldest daughter, made a lot of sacrifices for her family, including forgoing higher education so that she can start work earlier. With the death of their mother, SH has stepped into the mothering role, and is the one who takes care of their father as well as her siblings, all while working full time.

YH's marriage also seems to have been a bone of contention between YH and SH. YH married SW because she loved him and he loved her. SH mentions that SW gave up his ambition to become a doctor, changed majors to business as his family wanted and then entered the family business as a condition for the family allowing him to marry SW. Because SW's family was so rich, they demanded concessions from YH's family, including that her family are not allowed to visit her, that her family can't claim SW's family as in-laws, and that YH's family will live an unremarkable life that won't cause any negative press in any way to SW's family. These conditions didn't sit well with SH or their father, however, YH insisted on marrying SW because she loved him so much. And. YH's family went along with it in the end because they wanted YH to be happy.

Unfortunately, YH isn't happy now and is facing a divorce. I can see SH being aggravated by it, given how much she's had to sacrifice for YH to become a doctor which YH gave up for the sake of her marriage, a marriage that SH wasn't fully on board with in the first place. And, SH seems to have been the one to take care of any problems that have arisen, and have also kept the twins in check, both from visiting YH and also possibly getting in any trouble.

So, I can understand how aggravated SH may be that YH is walking away from the marriage that YH gave up everything for, including her family. However, I've noted that despite the pride that keeps YH from being open with her father and sister about the true state that her marriage has degenerated into, there is true love there amongst the family members. Their father was able to suss out YH's true condition and now wants her home. Once SH understands how YH's marriage has deteriorated and the stresses that YH has been living under, SH is also going to be relieved that YH is home, and angry at SW's family. SH may not be able to hold herself back from a little I-told-you-so to YH about marrying SW in the first place, though.

7 hours ago, tulip06 said:

She and her whole family seem to be doormats. Well, her and her father, anyway. As soon as the horrible in laws made all those requirements and demanded they not meet etc, they should’ve run away and not looked back.

As I said in response to @tradedlooksforwisdom, YH was initially in love and confident that she and SW could face SW's family and gain acceptance for herself. YH thought that it was a matter of time before she would be accepted and then she could normalize relationships. She was overconfident in her and SW's love, and underestimated how truly horrible SW's family was, and that SW would eventually fall back into the family ways.

It does feel as if YH's family was initially opposed to her marriage, but YH argued them all into accepting it for her sake. At one point in their conversation, the father tells YH that she had said that he had not been the only one to have had to work hard to raise her, that she had had to work hard on her own as well. This is clearly a reference to a conversation that the father and YH probably had when YH was arguing with her father to accept her marriage, including the conditions.

Plus, if YH had run away from SW way back when, then we wouldn't have a drama to watch right now. :D

Looks like the main lead going  to have to deal with alot with her family.

With the child being adopted she has no real do connection with these horrible people thats good for her the child and the lead I think.

Not talking about her side of the family though they will be a problem as well.

I loved how Hyun Ha acted like she didn't care at all when Jae Hyung told her that he got the job only to go and excitedly scream the news to everyone else. She is more happy than him, but yet won't show it to him. Hahaha. I seriously love these two more than anyone else in this show. :heart:

I was seriously getting frustrated with YH for being so passive with her hyung Nim even after she decided to get divorced. What does she fear now?? So I was so relieved and happy with the last scene! 

She is my least favorite character though. She left her career, family and everything for love and basically became a slave for her husband's family. She is just not smart enough to tell that if the guy is worth it. If he is, then why didn't HE leave his family and broke ties with them to get married to her. Tsk tsk. I just can't relate to her. All the sufferings she is going through now, I feel sad for her, but I also can't help but feel that she deserves all of it. Lol. 

After watching episode 4, I got the feeling that something bigger went down between the two eldest sisters. The hate SH has towards YH, makes me feel like SH had to sacrifice something pretty big. Even though there is love between them, there is also very strong resentment. Maybe SH had to sacrifice THE one man she loved or THE dream profession she had in her reach because of YH. I feel like it is something concrete - a secret - not just a general sacrifice. With that much anger in her, she must have lost something that meant the most in the world to her.

Our older couple. MY feels like she was abandoned/rejected by HS after her father lost everything. HS just seems to remember MY with fondness. It's pretty evident that there must be a misunderstanding that caused them to have so different feelings towards each other. Lovely to see them soon clear up that misunderstanding, and having them fall in love. :heart:

Anyone liking the "Secret Garden worst mom of the year" ? lol :D Park Jun-geum always plays the evil mom in all shows, but I like the way she is just a typical ninja :ph34r: mom hiding in the closet to eavesdrop on her son.... haha :D She seems like a decent mom in this drama, and I am sure she'll come to accept her daughter-in-law. She just cracks me up with her antics. :D:D:D  Have to say, the more I see Park Jun-geum, the more I notice that she has a talent for comedy. Would love to see her in a sitcom sometime. :)

Sadly as i watch this drama on KBS WORLD I am a week behind airing in korea, so can´t comment on the last two episode.  but want to say I like what i have watched so far, and love that we gonna have a romance story for the parents! so many time I feel that part is forgotten, that elder people cant fall in love and it is just for the younger generation. also the kids seems for the most part likable. YH and SW marriage is sad to me, they clearly did start it as they were in love, but his family being demanding have made a riff in their marriage. Had he made a distance from his family maybe their marriage would have turned bedder. but seems like divorce is what gonna be the best thing for them. 

Consider there is many character and relationship to unwrap I think 50 episode is good for a proper development. looking forward to what they have i store for us :)  

This is my first time watching long family drama and so far, I love the stories and the main characters.

I love how Yoo Ha (is that Han Ji Hye's character name?) starting to stand up for herself and her family from his husband cruel family :angry: I hope as the episodes go, she will become more strong character and can't wait for her romance with Lee sang woo character. (sorry I keep forgetting the name) :lol: 

Looking forward too for the father's love story with the CEO lady. :lol::lol:

I also love the bickering between CEO lady's son and Yoo Ha's brother. They are hilarious. 

Elder sis is shocked as you see in the end of episode 4 with Yoo-Ha fighting back. Seems like she finding out that ES is adopted i think. Because later they talk in a cafe and Yoo-Ha saying that ES is her daughter.  Elder sis apologize to Yoo-Ha and seems like she's supporting her. Sung Woon and Yoo-Ha got a divorce. He's gonna regret it later. For the moment i only find the twin sister annoying in that family. Not enough to hate her. Atleast the father and the children are close in this drama.

I loved when YH slapped SW. They did get divorced. They leave YH with nothing. SW left for US. He didn't even want to say goodbye to ES saying she's no longer his child. They even wanted ES to change school. I guess they won't appear that much. Can't wait later in the drama when SW returns and will regret everything, i hope by then YH is remarried.

Even with all the mess, they are still a family. It was funny when the brother had to take all his sisters home and he complains what he will never find anyone cause of them :D

@Lunkera, I agree that the family interactions are really good, and I love it that they're not a dysfunctional family, but rather a loving, caring family, albeit with all the stresses and problems that families may have.

Also, I do like all of the members of the family, even the female twin. She's still definitely a loving member of the family, even if she is a little immature.

I'm still loving the father's romance line, and hope it won't be too painful before they get together. So, in the flashbacks, it seems as if MY's father lost everything to creditors, but he had arranged for MY to marry the son of a rich family who can keep her in the pampered life that she was accustomed to. So, MY's father asks HS to step aside and not cause MY to waver. This was despite MY asking HS to take her away so that she wouldn't have to marry the guy her father selected for her. HS must not have been too confident in his ability to take care of MY.

Also, it's interesting that HS' friend characterized MY as someone for whom HS had had a lifelong huge crush on. It makes me think that no one was aware that MY and HS had actually been dating.

The only thing I'm puzzled about now is how quickly HS married his wife, since he's supposed to have married his wife almost as soon as MY had left town. That is what makes MY think that HS had been cheating on her back then. And, with HS' temperament, I find it hard to believe that he would have so quickly married another girl when he was so in love with MY. It makes me wonder if the eldest daughter isn't really HS' daughter, and that there will be a birth secret revealed at some point. But, now I'm just speculating.

I don't think there was any OTP scenes today, and it seems as if there won't be any until YH starts working at the hospital. It looks as if ET's brother-in-law is going to hire YH as a doctor, not realizing that she's divorced from SW. I'm glad that the divorce is finalized, though I also expect SW and his family to make a reappearance. Though, SW, in order to hide the fact that ES isn't his daughter from his father cuts a deal with his sister to divorce YH without allowing her to get a cent or keep any of her things even, e.g. her car. That sister is pure venom. SW seems to think that he'll try to do right by YH and ES some day after he's inherited, but I think his character has already been shown to be pretty weak. Wonder how he'll deal with the fact that he's sterile going forward, since there will be pressure for him to marry a woman from a suitable family, I'm sure.

Also poor Da Yeon. Not only does her crush Jae Hyung not recognize her; her near-hero worship of him seems to be over with JH saying that he doesn't care whether he or anyone else is beaten up in that company as long as he has a job.

Finally, I'm really enjoying Park Jun Keum's performance as Kyung Soo's mother. She's bringing her trademark over the top flair to protecting her son from inappropriate choices. :lol:  I'm actually rooting for Sun Ha and Kyung Soo to make it as a couple, but hope to enjoy their journey to win over KS' mother. I mean it's something that SH is going to have to do at some point anyway if they're really going to make it to marriage.

Waiting eagerly for HS and MY's continued romance.

WIll be fun later when has a rich stepmother. They won't be able to trample all over her. SW is definitely trash, his actions today made YH lose any feelings she had left for him. Glad that she show some backbone in this drama. Hope MY finds out atleast by episode 10 of lateast that her father chased HS away. I really like the actor that play HS. I enjoyed his acting in What's up with this family, but the kids treatment towards him made me find the drama unbearable at times. In this drama he has a close relationship with his kids and they treat him with love and respect. I'm also curious when MY and HS get married how she will get along with HS kids. I think the twins will be the issue.

@stroppyse Definitely looking forward to that. I hope HS and MY are married by episode 20. Hopefully the sisters will still be in charge and driving MY's son nuts like with JH :D . Just hope we won't see SW until episode 30+. In my opinion i think they should develop YH and ET relationship before he returns. This is actually the first weekend drama in the last few years that i actually enjoyed the beginning.

Gonna try to watch it live today.

Archived