[Drama 2018] Shall We Live Together/ Marry Me Now? 같이 살래요

larus

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

I say... did they fly over a Korean sperm for YH's pregnancy in the US? Or a random sperm bank in the US produced a Korean born sperm donor sample?

I am putting it out there in plain unflattering terms. Just because there are speculations galore. Statistically I presume the chances of me winning a lottery is higher than a Korean getting a sperm donor from a Korean while in the US. Not to mention actually meeting the person. Presuming that the sperm banks in S Korea are actually known things. If it was done in Seoul the gossip will be known.

Either way... it all sounds yucky and ewwy to me. Not artificial insemination and being a sperm or egg donor. It is the whole " out of all the Koreans in the world YH hit a Korean medical doctor sperm donor"?

I am falling out of my chair laughing writing this post.

Only in KDramaland do such coincidences happen. :D So many things in a Kdrama require a certain suspension of reality and a belief in fate, extraordinary coincidences and the like. I think most people (myself included) watch these shows for a little break from the harsh reality of our own lives. The trick for the writer(s) is to juuuuust push the reality far enough to the edge that it keeps the viewers watching without them saying, "Nope, this is too cuckoo for me!" and tuning out. The fact that there is currently massive speculation among the viewership with passionate arguments for and against ET being ES's bio father is a total win for the writer of this drama. Good job engaging the viewers and fueling the comments here and elsewhere. This keeps people watching, drives up the ratings and everybody wins.

I see pro's and con's of ET being ES's biological father; it's going to be very interesting to see how the writer actually ends up sorting this out. I like that whether they are biologically related or not, ET thinks of himself as being ES's father, who is soon to be married to ES's mother. He does not feel like he has to "take the whole package, like it or not" but rather it's along the lines of "I'm getting a great deal--a loving wife and a cute daughter." It's refreshing and heartwarming to me to see how much ET loves the 2 new ladies in his life. 

So after reading your comment, I decided to buy a USD $1 scratcher lottery ticket tonight...just because! :)  

6 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

I say... did they fly over a Korean sperm for YH's pregnancy in the US? Or a random sperm bank in the US produced a Korean born sperm donor sample?

I am putting it out there in plain unflattering terms. Just because there are speculations galore. Statistically I presume the chances of me winning a lottery is higher than a Korean getting a sperm donor from a Korean while in the US. Not to mention actually meeting the person. Presuming that the sperm banks in S Korea are actually known things. If it was done in Seoul the gossip will be known.

Either way... it all sounds yucky and ewwy to me. Not artificial insemination and being a sperm or egg donor. It is the whole " out of all the Koreans in the world YH hit a Korean medical doctor sperm donor"?

The Chae are so controliing that I would be surprised if YooHa ex-husband put on a special order when requesting the sperm donation. How he got the sample from EunTae I won't let my imagination go there.

People actually choose donors based on looks background and profession sometime

EunTae doesn't seem like the poor med students type making donation for some quick cash.

YooHa ex might have created some fake circumstances to gather specimin donation so he would have access to EunTae and others.

6 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

I can add on more coincidences:

- ET & DY falling for YH & JH, resp, of the same households

- JH working in the same department as MS, who would become step-siblings

- DY, who has a crush for JH since her school days, working in the same dept

- MY being JJH & CK's friend/business associate and YH working under CK (previously)

- MY's alumni's wife, who is close to HS' family, working for MY as a housekeeper

At the end of the day, it's just a dramatic drama! :D (we have to assume S.Korea has a population of only 5000 people?)

P/S: CSW is out to fool his family, including his sister, for the inheritance & he can't produce a 

caucasian/indian/thai-looking kid for that matter. He must make sure the baby looks at least a Korean, mustn't he? 

Does anyone else remember CHK saying something about CSW admiring ET's father? I guess he wanted a child "of the same blood".

Maybe we should just assume that there's nothing money can't buy and the coincidence is that YH and ET met in that context and liked each other or that he was in the country right then,  because having him donate his blood to ES is not such a coincidence, as they share a rare blood type and they were desperately looking for a donor.

@hushhh I think ET was no longer a student when ES was "conceived", as CSW knew that he had been living abroad.

Is it obvious that I am trying hard to find explanations for absurd Kdrama coincidences?

2 hours ago, Hannahmiriam said:

Does anyone else remember CHK saying something about CSW admiring ET's father? I guess he wanted a child "of the same blood".

Maybe we should just assume that there's nothing money can't buy and the coincidence is that YH and ET met in that context and liked each other or that he was in the country right then,  because having him donate his blood to ES is not such a coincidence, as they share a rare blood type and they were desperately looking for a donor.

@hushhh I think ET was no longer a student when ES was "conceived", as CSW knew that he had been living abroad.

Is it obvious that I am trying hard to find explanations for absurd Kdrama coincidences?

I don't think Eun Tae being En Soo dad is a coincidence, i think it is a manipulation in YooHa ex-husband part.

That explains is horror when he discovered that Eun Tae was in the country and in panic when he realized that he was in proximity of YooHa and En Soo.

EunTae was never in the position of having to donate sperm for money

I can easily see YooHa ex-husband deciding if he was going to have to choose a parent for his child he'd choose the best possible. It would fit the family's ego. To put a more generous spin on it maybe he toughtif the child was genius the family would think that made up for Yooha's lack of  of pedigree.

When people being radiation or chemotherapy they'll secure their. Genetic material so. They'll have the option of starting a family later.

People might also do something if they are entering a contagious situation.

Perhaps Eun Tae made a deposit to a sperm bank as a safety measure before going to work in the field and YooHa ex-husband stole his sample.

On 7/8/2018 at 1:38 AM, Jackie1048 said:

Maybe there is a pool of doctor sperms donated for research purpose that Eun Tae took part in and the ex husband have the resources and access to it. He will want his "child" to have smart genes.

Hmmmmmm, possibly. Which means that ex hubby must have known ET at the time of donation. Because the sperms have to be processed in a sperm bank and the process for approval of a donor no matter who they are strict. It is not like just putting a sample in a cup and handing it to the sperm bank. There will be an application process and approval just of the application takes weeks to months, followed by an interview about physical, educational, lifestyle, social, family background, ethnicity etc, etc. Plus the donors and the recipients never meet. And the first sample must be tested and deemed and approved to be a healthy fast swimming tadpole. After the first sample had been tested and approved, the donor will still need to give consent for his sperm to be used, then donate the sperm to be used for the purpose and all these done at the clinic. And there are so many clinics. Unless the husband knew ET and knew that ET was donating at this certain clinic, knew ET was accepted to give a donation and ET had given consent for his sperm to be used, and if ET had resided in the US doing research at that time then yes it is possible that the ex-husband take YH to that clinic and put a request for a sample with specifications which means that they would have been best friends. Because ET would never have discussed sperm donation with just anyone. 

Anyhow, JJH is shameless and embarrassing and not too smart. This is the 2nd time she puts her brother in an awkward position. She tells YH and ET that it is a family meeting and business meeting at the same time with the mother of the blind date woman that never happened because they own some hospital that JJH wanted her husband to do business with. However, JJH told that mother that the meeting was for the apology of ET. That mother should have known better. If the man rejected the blind date the first time and JJH had explained that it was her fault, why would she go to this meeting for an apology? Her daughter could do better no? 

So, ET appearing with ES in his arms and introducing her as his daughter, maybe about the conversation with YH, that ES is someone he considers his daughter because she is the daughter of the woman he loves and wants to marry. But we shall see. 

In the preview, I don't quite like ET pulling JH by his collar as a protection for his favourite niece. It seems like he's nice to JH only after learning that he's YH's bro. Isn't that similar to ET's noona's behaviour upon YH as an overly protective sister or CK's hostility toward YH until he realised her relationship with MY? 

27 minutes ago, newyee said:

In the preview, I don't quite ET pulling JH by his collar as a protection/warning against his favourite niece. It seems like he's nice to JH only after learning that he's YH's bro. Isn't that similar to ET's noona's behaviour upon YH? 

Lol not even close, he approved of him and never got in their way, he was even hurt they were acting like he was between them.

Also in the preview he though he was running away with DY for some reason lol

13 minutes ago, newyee said:

In the preview, I don't quite like ET pulling JH by his collar as a protection for his favourite niece. It seems like he's nice to JH only after learning that he's YH's bro. Isn't that similar to ET's noona's behaviour upon YH as an overly protective sister or CK's hostility toward YH until he realised her relationship with MY? 

It’s just the preview so we shall see how ET behaves towards JH. I don’t think ET will ask JH to choose between his family and DY though. JJH, on the other hand, is just going to be on the losing end. She’d better rein herself in if she doesn’t want to lose the love and respect of her brother. Plus, I don’t think DY will approve of how her mother had treated YH.

Keep on fighting, ET-YH! And maybe JH-DY need some encouragement too!

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Lol not even close, he approved of him and never got in their way, he was even hurt they were acting like he was between them.

Also in the preview he though he was running away with DY for some reason lol

I mean in terms of 'power harassment', whereby one 'bullies' another based on seniority or superiority. ET shouldn't be violent towards JH since he has approved of him. Maybe it's the culture. I just feel that it's very stressful to be a mediocre young Korean male adult like JH as he has to endure all sorts of 'threats & nonsense' from his boss MS and his senior like ET.  Glad that in my country, there's much more respect for the individual regardless of your status.

@joonminfanYup, shall see what's the reason behind it.

But I love YH-ET couple nonetheless. And there's inconsistency in ET being so sweet towards ES and yet being authoritative towards JH.

@newyee Not really, it's more with ET being extremely overprotective of DY. He acts almost more like a father than a uncle. He has a hard time to let go so that's why he's being hard on JH.

How ridiculous. CSW at the end got really shocked with YH dating ET. He tells her she can't date ET. I guess he is ES biological father probably.

ET and YH conversation look really funny I can imagine  with one dating the sister and the other the niece.

30 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

@newyee Not really, it's more with ET being extremely overprotective of DY. He acts almost more like a father than a uncle. He has a hard time to let go so that's why he's being hard on JH.

How ridiculous. CSW at the end got really shocked with YH dating ET. He tells her she can't date ET. I guess he is ES biological father probably.

He got some nerve either way he has no place to tell her anything.

CSW opposes YH/ET, ET meets JH as YH's brother

Ep 33

• ET introduces ES to JJH/CK and the lady at the restaurant as ES's father.  This makes a few upset, the lady angrily leaves, JJH scolds ET and later YH spoke to ET about his actions saying that she did not like it.  ET says sorry but state his reason for doing so.
  • At home JJH/ET argue about his relationship with YH, he is standing firm while she is against saying that he should give up.  ET says no to that, it was YH who help him get over his trauma and how important she is to him.  JJH decides to back down, ET is happy.  The next day, JJH calls MY to discuss ET/YH, MY tells HS what is happening, he is concerned as well.
  • MY meets JJH who told her of her discussion to back down etc, mentally MY says good, this she told HS.
  • YH takes ES to meet CSW for a meal, ES is happy to see him its a "family time" with YH/CSW saying but not saying anything.  CSW offers to change ES's toy "Anna", she says no to that, YH suggests he get a sibling for Anna to which ES is fine with.  Later, YH told CSW why ES wont change Anna which is because he gave the toy to her etc.  YH tells him that she does not want them meeting again. CSW notes the warning but he is concerned about ES.
  • DY visits HH at her workplace to apologize for earlier, to which she did but DY start having issue with how HH addresses JH.
  • SH tells Mgr Ko who she thinks should be transferred to Sales, he is in agreement, however he wants SH to tell KS of the decision.   Ko is a coward here.  WAM prepares a gift for the Park family, she stops by HS's shop which is seen by MY who is a bit curious and jealous.  HS is grateful for the gift and the explanation as to purpose of WAM's visit was made clear to MY who calms down but does not show it. She and HS talk as to he preparing the gift and not her, he tells her that it was nothing .
  • HS contacted MS to take him and JH for bedding shopping, he is trying to bond them all.
  • HS finds out that CSW is back, he calls ET to find out his intentions towards YH, ET says that he is serious about YH/ES which makes HS happy
  • HS tells YH that ET will be coming for dinner, ET went to get something and JH is informed that YH's boyfriend is stopping at the house.  As the men approach the house, they see each other, ET is antagonistic towards JH, he drapes him up and then sees SH/KS and the rest finding out that JH is YH's brother.  ET is embarrassed, he and JH meet privately to talk about it both men are determined to date their respective partners despite this and at the same time are not that happy with each other.  They went their separate ways after returning to YH. Later JH called DY and spoke a tiny bit about ET, who spoke to her about JH, DY is of course in JH's court.
  • The promotional bags are a success with the customers MS looks at DY working with others and smiled.  Earlier he visited CK about DY, he has decided to date her but does not say anything to this.  He and the Mgr got on a elevator it was tricky but they got to their office okay.  MS calls DY and tells her that he wants to see her later to tell her something, DY is fine but does not think much about it. After the promotion she and her colleague got on the elevator which blacks out and stops, its a worry time for both of them.  MS receives news of this and gets very worried for DY, he calls not get through to her, he rushes to the hospital, DY is fine and gives him an explanation as to what happened.  MS hugs DY.
  • HH gets a lift home from bad/stiff acting boss that she is crushing on, they talk a bit and as he leaves this is seen by the gossipy couple.  HH says that he is her type
  • There is an event at school which requires the parent's involvement, ES is waiting, when ET arrives earlier and to which she is happy to see him they start. 
  • YH gets ready to go, Dr Kang stops her to tell her something but decides not to as YH is in a rush  but is concerns ES's latest blood test result.  CSW is at the school waiting to go in, he sees YH rush in and sees her with ET/ES playing he is shocked.
  • YH left, the teacher called ET, ES's father to which she finds strange and denies.  CSW stops YH asks her if she is dating someone, she tells him its none of his business as they are divorced but confirms that it is so. CSW finds out that the relationship is serious and confirms that its ET.  YH wants to know how he knows ET etc.  CSW says she can see anyone but ET.  Show ends.

Thoughts

CSW's strange behavior with a huge huge secret, his latest words to YH regarding ET, recent blood test result of ES which may require something that only the original would have,  the closeness of ES/ET.  It does not matter to me but if these signs does not indicate kdrama impossibility possible that ET is the likely father of ES, I do not know what does.  There are too much coincidences that would make the viewer think in that direction.  HS/MY are stable backing each other, puppy couple are just cute, when are they going on a date without other people and kiss, MS is crushing on DY but it would never come to fruition as from the start DY only has eyes for JH, YH/ET are unbelievably busy doctors who surprisingly manage to find time to leave the hospital at a moment's notice to address whatever personal matter within a 24 hour time frame as well as have a relationship.  I recommend others to be doctors like them.  As for HH, please change the actor he is not acting he is hurting us viewers with his bad acting its painful.  As a reward we will get together to help pay him a meal .

Gone for now, take care and have a good week.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlr34ZBmnjBB2wuF7sTLqhqdefault.jpgSBrmUmY.jpg&key=cda658be0fa32bfcb2b70463  A Man Who Knows How To Keep A Promise And Those He Loves...

Without a doubt the best ending to any episode thus far in seeing ET not only walking into that meeting with ES wrapped around him like a badge of honor having her within his arms it was such an emotional and beautiful sight.  Just when you think you couldn't love his character any more he brings glory to himself and his heart.  In his actions that spoke louder than any words could and finally shut his sister up in the best way he knew, talk about perfection...  He not only brought her he introduced her as his own and as much as it was to prove a point.  He did something much greater he showed through not only words but through his actions that he loved YH and ES there was never going to be one without the other. 

They are like two halves that are one to him and now complete and fill his whole heart...

Just thinking about ES's feelings although she is young still in hearing those words while being held tightly within his arms.  This man who she adored and admired and knew how to comfort, care and keep his promises to her...

Just made her his daughter in words, actions and in love...

Archived