I hope they can improve the music for this drama. So far there use lots of slow music, I think it's a bit too slow for a supposed stressful and fast paced work environment like this. Yeon Woo also needs to make eye contact with whom he's talking to, when reciting laws. Well, he does, but very little. That makes it less convincing that he has overturned the situation to re-gain the upper hand in a confrontation. I hope his acting will improve with time.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Thanks for the spoilers.. but sorry I have to cut it short to this. 7 seasons?? :ohow many eps in each season?? Have they ended the show after 7 seasons?? 

Oh.. she'll be his wife.. aww.. hahaha. Nope... I don't mind spoilers ahead. 

All 7 seasons have 16 episodes.  This year is 8th season without Mike and Rachel (Zane) Ross. All 7 seasons were really good, especially 1-3 (my all time favorites where I still watch repeatedly).  The rest of the season I just follow in and out.  

Going back to Korean version — two thumbs up because they own the show as per Korean culture and personality. I am hooked. I am also hooked with the bantering and conversation! I am loving it. 

@stargazer187

American series are not really continous. Every episode is new challenge and new hardcases. Episodes start and end.  They do two part series as special or end of season. Further, the legal issues where really live cases but they make the names ficticious. The personal story of the characters where informed via in between friendly bantering, long exchange of discussions.  You have to be very attentive  and avid follow to know each character’s lives as their personal stories were shared sometimes in the next season or 3 seasons after and informal manner. hhahah.   This not similar to Korean drama. 

Mr Choi is Jang Dong Geon/Harvey, Mr Chae is Choi Gwi Ha/Litt. The original Litt is much annoying than Mr Chae. Hahaha. 

hehe about the snail thread. 

Bugger. Knew there was a reason I was avoiding the soompi thread. Read the spoilers.

I was looking for ep 9 stuff. It is SPOILERS first. Then news. Not the other way around. 

And there is a spoiler tag when you write a reply. In case you don't know it is there. Don't worry about tagging me. I will avoid this thread again. Been so good and been away for 2 weeks because of spoilers.

I do understand it is an adaptation. But seriously I don't watch a lot of original series outside of Kdramas. Never understood viewers who do then compare endlessly when it is then a Kdrama. Or put spoilers everywhere when they do comparison. Some of us like being surprised. Otherwise where would the fun be in watching a new drama.

One of the joys of a Kdrama is the loveline. Now I find the Korean character has 3 love lines. Gah. Blech. 

@stargazer187 I had already posted on this thread before but last week I was so busy that I could only watch the episodes on Sunday. 

The episodes from this week were interesting because YW and CKS were facing a similar situation: CKS criticised YW for being too emotional hence he lost the mock trial. However, YW argued that CKS was not different from him too. His emotions are clouding his judgement and YW was right. Besides, I paid attention to the words HY and CKS used, when they described YW. They said that he was weak, naive, not competent and not qualified. Striking is that CKS was also described as naive. He used to be naive, genuine and passionate in the past. Moreover, CKS mentioned that he was having a hard time due to JH, when prosecutor Oh chose. Oh helped him and JH aso. In other words, CKS could be considered as weak too. To conclude, YW and CKS have something in common: emotions (CKS was described as passionate and genuine in his early career), naivety and a certain weakness: easily influenced. YW was also under the bad influence of his friend.

Besides, the focus of this week was the relationship of mentor and mentee. OBW manipulated and even used CKS. His speech about "fighting the bad guys" was really telling. Oh was trying to portray himself as a good guy, like David fighting against Goliath and CKS believed in him. But like YW pointed out, this speech was in the end a huge lie. Oh was a corrupted prosecutor and the first case CKS won as prosecutor was actually manipulated. CKS sent an innocent to jail. CKS misjudged Oh completely as he believed in Oh's speech and words, yet the reality was totally different. As a result of this, we can see the real nature of their relationship. Oh didn't treat CKS like his mentee and child, rather like a pawn and used CKS's trust and heart for his own ambition. Notice that Oh mentioned a lot of time trust which underlines that Oh was actually acting behind his back and went against principles. In YW-CKS's case, it is actually the opposite: YW does act behind CKS's back but he is following moral rules. Moreover, YW is different from CKS because he has no problem to question his mentor's decisions. CKS left the prosecution office because he didn't dare to question his sunbae's integrity or even decisions. He actually ran away. To me, YW's actions illustrates his greatness because he questions things and doesn't just listen to his client. CKS reproached YW to do a background check on the client, yet CKS did it himself as well in the second episode. He used the son of the chaebol to get his deal done. Compare CKS in the first episode and in the episode 9. In the beginning, he refuses to take pro bono cases. Only money matters and in the next episode, CKS decides to correct his mistake from many years ago. I don't perceive YW's loss at the mock trial as a real loss because it was not a real trial. He realized that JN was actually suffering. CKS might have won all his cases as a prosecutor but it doesn't mean that justice prevailed. The fact that YW discovered that Oh manipulated the evidence back then is like a slap in CKS's face...   

Then we have CKS who is acting as a mentor towards YW. However, he doesn't give any huge speech about justicein contrast to OBW. CKS is quite realistic and pragmatical in his advises. Furthermore, unlike his own mentor OBW, CKS doesn't give him any real direction what kind of lawyer he has to be. In their last conversation, CKS tells YW that the latter is the one who chooses his own place. YW can choose the pattern of his card. He doesn't want to form him after his own image. This illustrates that CKS is a different mentor. He gives advises and critics but he lets YW choose and trusts him. The question "why did he choose YW?" makes people wonder, even the viewers. OBW chose CKS because he realized that he was the perfect person to use and manipulate. In YW's case, I have the feeling, he wants to give YW the opportunity to become a good lawyer. While OBW wanted to use CKS for his own career, we have here a reversed situation: he wants to give a real chance for YW. Actually, CKS is endangering his own career, quite the opposite of Oh's situation. In my opinion, there is more than CKS could have seen himself in YW. Sure, CKS used to be naive and genuine too. But I have the feeling that for the first time, CKS met a person who was supposed to be a bad guy (dealing with drugs, police was pursuing him), yet he was able to perceive the good personality. Sure, his knowledge impressed him.  As conclusion, YW is teaching a lot to CKS as well. YW is more detail-oriented, questioned more people's decisions and order (due to his hardships aso). When YW will be caught, he will never betray CKS... and here again the opposite situation of OBW and CKS.       

On 5/13/2018 at 2:40 PM, stargazer187 said:

And GN, oh girl, I feel disappointed when she refused YW and lied to him about accepting Seo's request. I hate that arrogant guy. He becomes much more full of himself than ever now after his recent 5th winning. 

The part that I love from ep 6 is the argument fight between GN and YW in the mock trial. It is so nice when both are taking turns to defend and argues fiercely. Even it has to stop when she start being emotional after SH mentioned about her rabbit talk to YW. She might think that he told her secrets to her. Aw.. noo.. you dummy! Just go and tell him that you like him!! She tries to stay cool with her jealousy. I want them to get back like before. Don't like this SH girl keep clinging to YW. What's her point, huh?

I was upset that she did help that jerk instead of SW:angry: I know she was upset and jealous but she really put him in a bind.I like them together, I think he is holding back because of his secret. That SH girl can just get lost, she is just clinging to him after her boyfriend self destructed. That is disgusting on her part our YW deserves better than 2nd place w/ a loser.   

On 5/18/2018 at 9:32 AM, msbubbly said:

I’m curious, anyone notices that YW has a tattoo on the inside of his left wrist? Wonder what does it mean. 

I have no idea about this, according to the comments at one of the sites that must no be mentioned, this was not a part of the American series.panda-emoticon-52.gif I dying to find out what it means.

@nonskiI'm happy you are feeling better chingu:wub:

18 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Have you noticed that in the last episode YW visited CKS at home ? This outlines how YW is getting closer to CKS.

I love it, it seems like CKS still try's to keep his distance but YW just rushes in, full speed ahead. I loved when CKS kept telling him the Prosecutor Oh stuff was his to handle and YW insisted he had to help him.  The banter between these two is just fantastic. 

[STILLS]

“SUITSは既存の法廷ドラマと異なり、毎回2人の主人公を中心に2~3の事件が同時多発的に発生する 2人は時にコンビプレーを繰り広げ事件を解決する” http://m.news.nate.com/view/20180522n14983

기ì¬ì´ë¯¸ì§

===

Song Hye Kyo showed her support for Park Hyung Sik and the crews of "Suits" by sending a food truck.

DdyhkP6VQAAlTei.jpg

I finally was able to watch episode 8 and I liked it. I like the series as a whole but the first episodes really had issues with timing I felt. Episodes ending in odd spots, sometimes slow and sometimes too fast; I dunno. I am glad that, finally, we are getting to the point and the big case that they now have to deal with. And I am glad that CKS was worried he might have done sthg wrong (whether consciously or unconsciously so to speak) and thet YW was the one to point out the problem with one of his cases (and that CKS seems not to have known).

Liking YW and GN and how subtle their attraction is. I do wish we'd get a bit more, at least more words there. And her helping him all the time, etc. I just want sparks :tongue:

Looking forward to this week's episodes!

I wasn't a fan of the original but I loved it purely for Gabriel Macht who portrayed Harvey so brilliantly with so much charisma that it was hard not to watch LoL! I also love that they had strong female characters like Donna, Lewis & Jessica. 

So far Jang Dong-Gun is doing a fabulous job. The fact that he's a fan of the US series shows. Don't know why but I detect romance(?) between Ha-Yeon & Kang-Seok?! Also enjoy the bromance dynamics between Hyung-Sik/Dong-Gun although Kang-Seok comes off more of a fatherly figure to Yeon-Woo. It sucks this drama is not aired on KBS World.... It is alright on your laptop/smartphone/tab but nothing beats your TV screen obviously. 

a compressed video special of the first 8 episodes of Suits was being aired at 11am today on KBS2TV.

unfortunately the live streaming is not available..the duration is 180mins! hope they will upload in vlive.

i'm so curious to see what is the content ^_^

teaser for eps 9 tonight

Archived