• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

How can two smart guys be under the thumb of a Ham? Are they feigning animosity?

YW is actually fooling Ham and he hasn't told CKS about his real plan. I have the feeling that YW will sacrifice himself in order to have Ham left the law firm. He might reveal his secret: he has no lawyer's licence.

16 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

YW is actually fooling Ham and he hasn't told CKS about his real plan. I have the feeling that YW will sacrifice himself in order to have Ham left the law firm. He might reveal his secret: he has no lawyer's licence.

Since I've seen the original version, this is the only time I'm not able to discuss much on the "guessing next what will happen" like what we used to do in other drama threads ... B) .  

I love this drama and did not see the US version here Stateside. The suits, acting and slick episodes. LOVE it and sad as we reach finale week. Glad it is cable as the other dramas I am watching are cancelled. So glad I can watch it.

Really love Jang Dong Gun and Park Hyun Shik's bromance and wow impressed all the hard work PHS puts in as he has SO MANY lines to learn. He does it with ease! Loving seeing his acting journey----he is so good now!

Plus along side legend Jang Dong Gun they are both great eye candy.

Im sure they are glad to be out of their suits - all looks too formal in the drama, haha.

Also, why cant GYW just took the legal exams and be qualified (based on ep15). He might drop out of high school, but he still can take the tests right? Why is it difficult to do so ? Hmmm

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2018] Suits, 슈츠

Awww just stopping by this forum. Gosh I never watched the US version it is based on, but I really enjoyed the bromance between our YW and CS. I just watched the finale. I wish there was time to show that he would get his GED then go to Law School or address it. But the ending did go back to the beginning of the drama with our two men. Interesting how CS mentioned YW was chosen to save them all. He was not the typical ELITE Yes person who followed by the book. They needed someone to shake them up and YW did doing things even CS did not do but he wanted that but wouldn't admit to YW. I love how YW unawares saying things that even CS has to say to himself, he is NOT me. LOL.  The idea to protect those you care about or the firm. I found it interesting. CS wanted to protect their sinking firm but knew by shaking it up with YW there was a chance to save it. Plus YW did save them TWICE. Glad that YW was able to come through and do a thorough analysis to tell CS in time for the partner meeting. YW gosh sad his beloved grandmother passed away. Glad that CS was there and though poor YW came later, my heart bled for him.

Ham got his just desserts. Glad he got caught trying to take down everyone before it was too late. The advice from Lawyer Kang that Lawyer Chae would need his vote someday. At least CS remembered and promoted him to SR partner and when voting he voted for YW to be defended by CS. Plus he took over for CS when he cared for YW grandmother's funeral. He may be a pain in the you know what, he is an alright guy (though I admit hard to take at times with his grandiose ideas that he is on par with CS. LOL he is not.)

I love how Kang and Ham is now Choi and Kang.  He got to protect the firm, YW did his time and you know he is on the path we assume to go to law school etc. He is doing a fresh start. As for him and Jina, I guess she is still waiting? I wonder if she overcame her test phobia. Interesting that the student YW took the test for was the prosecuting lawyer on his case, LOL. Awww what he could have done with that info, but he knew he would have to pay and atone for his actions. 

I enjoyed the ride. Loved Jang Dong Gun and Park Hyun Shik (Their bromance was awesome!) They were swoon-worthy with their tailored suits. Great wardrobe. (Another great wardrobe too is the new drama What is Wrong with Secretary Kim?)

I really enjoyed this drama. The ending really good. The ending really try to gave yhe closure to every problem they has. Every cast got their closure, well i still longing for Yeon Woo - Ji Na but well it's not bad closure for them two. The thing is the closure of Yeon Woo - Kang Seok really great. Enjoy every second of last episode, for me last episode is best one. Well hope for another season of this drama. But we all know kdrama tend not to has season 2 with same cast only some drama. 

All of the cast acting really good. Yeon Woo and his grandma scene move me into tears. When Yeon Woo's grandma passed away i thought there will be a scene of Ji Na comfort Yeon Woo but it doesn't.

I guess until this drama end the song in the first episode (suspect it's singing by Heize) hasn't release till now *sad* and most of the instrumental song (theme in this drama) very good wonder will they released all these theme

2 hours ago, Nodame said:

I love how Kang and Ham is now Choi and Kang.  He got to protect the firm, YW did his time and you know he is on the path we assume to go to law school etc. He is doing a fresh start. As for him and Jina, I guess she is still waiting? I wonder if she overcame her test phobia. Interesting that the student YW took the test for was the prosecuting lawyer on his case, LOL. Awww what he could have done with that info, but he knew he would have to pay and atone for his actions. 

This. Totally agreed with this 

This drama really worth watching. Happy to follow this till the end. 

@dvrels @Nodame @Yongzura It was a good adaptation of the American Series. I loved the ending because we finally hear the reason why YW was hired by CKS: a really good explanation in my opinion. Moreover, CKS admits that YW is an asset to the Law firm. I had the impression that the Law Firm had become YW's new family, therefore his motivation to fight for the company. He had lost his parents hence he didn't want this to happen again. CKS has become his hyung and YW is well aware of that, hence he was able to tease him at the end (fist gesture). 

I haven't watched the US version but I just wanted to say I love this drama especially the BROMANCE. I have always been someone who craves for more romance in a drama but this is the first drama where I looked forward to bromance more than romance.  Park Hyung Shik and Jang Dong Gun totally slayed their roles. Yeon Woo scenes with his grandma really moved my heart the funeral scene made cry a river.  Choi Kang Soek explanation in the end about why he chose Yeon Woo was thought provoking and really convincing. I had fun watching the drama and was hooked to it till the end. NO episode made me skip parts unlike many other dramas are making me do now a days. Last few minutes between JDG ad GYW especially when it was GYW this time who didn't respond to the fist bump made me realise how much I will miss the bromance. I know its difficult to get season 2 for a k drama especially on public cable but not impossible. This drama totally deserves a second season considering that it was a success in Korea.

Ok, I finished the last 2 episodes! Which is a feat because I am a chronic last minute, last couple drama episode dropper. I totally considered not finishing the last 2 episodes of this drama. Haha. But I heard they were good and overcame my tendencies. Some thoughts and questions I had though:

1) I thought people who go to jail were not allowed to be lawyers? Or is that just for felonies? I literally had this topic come up over dinner tonight and found it applicable after watching the episode. Maybe it doesn’t apply in dramaverse.

2) Come on Kang Seok, where’s Yeon Woo’s post-prison tofu?! You gotta do it right.

3) I wish there was an extended ending so I would know how everyone else was doing. Particularly in Gina’s life hehe. I hope she’s still waiting. I wanted a renunion!

4) this bringing me to my last point. I am totally open to a second season. I would like to see Yeon Woo develop further as a lawyer. Maybe start season 2 after he officially passes the Bar exam. (Given my question 1 does not apply)

Overall, I did not expect the last episode to make me cry. Grandma passing  and before that, Yeon Woo crying that he messed up just brought the waterworks. I’m really gonna miss seeing PHS every week :bawling:

I just started watching this drama and I must say the three episodes I’ve watched so far were just the kind of show I like in dialogue, cases, music, mood, acting, characters, story flow, etc. It somehow makes me feel nostalgic even though I have never watched the US version. I haven’t read this thread yet because I don’t want to be spoiled but I just had to post a comment on my appreciation for this show.

Archived