• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time I see Jang Dong-Gun in Suits, it reminds me of Kim Sang Joong's impeccable sharp suits in "A New Leaf". Kim's oxford suits distinguishes him as a lawyer from a businessman. Maybe 'Suits' team should have sought the sponsors of "A New Leaf" or maybe they should have cast Kim Sang Joong again (as villian):D.

@evie7 @triplem I am actually surprised that this thread is not so visited, although this drama is a good adaptation of the American series. During this week, it was even more visible that YW is actually in a state of searching for identity as a lawyer. His motivation was: what kind of lawyer does he want to become? Like CKS said, YW is different from the lawyer who visited him at the funeral but also different from CKS too. YW has still not found the right balance (conscience vs. rules for a lawyer) because he still made a mistake in the episode 10. Nevertheless, it is clear that YW's conscience plays a huge part in his search for identity. Unlike CKS, YW is able to move his client's heart or to appeal their conscience. After hearing YW's harsh words, the son decided to turn himself in but Yw was also able to convince SH to accept the retrial. YW could find the right words, unlike CKS. Thanks to YW, CKS has changed too. He is now more passionate and willing to risk his own career to correct a mistake. So his state of mind has changed, yet he is still different from YW, as he can put a limit, unlike YW. The latter has still to learn a lot from CKS but their relationship has reached a different level. YW has become closer to CKS, he trusts CKS so much, that's why when YW will be confronted by this dilemna (betraying his mentor in order to save his own skin), our young genius will have no problem to remain loyal to CKS. Since CKS had to face such a situation, I sense that this will happen to YW too. However, the reasons are totally different: Oh was just an ambitious man, while CKS wanted to help YW, to turn him into a good person and lawyer. He saw the potential despite the negative aspects and was willing to risk his own career.  

any fans of park hyung sik's voice? share the love for his music and let other soompi chingus get aware of his songs...also, if there are other kpop singers that you want to share your love for, do!

On 5/25/2018 at 4:12 AM, bebebisous33 said:

During this week, it was even more visible that YW is actually in a state of searching for identity as a lawyer. His motivation was: what kind of lawyer does he want to become? Like CKS said, YW is different from the lawyer who visited him at the funeral but also different from CKS too. YW has still not found the right balance (conscience vs. rules for a lawyer) because he still made a mistake in the episode 10. Nevertheless, it is clear that YW's conscience plays a huge part in his search for identity.

When watching him go through this my first reaction was maybe he should become a prosecutor, it's a little more cut and dry, but he would be sending people to jail. There isn't really a lot of wriggle room or extenuating circumstances allowed until sentencing if the defendant get's lucky enough to draw a judge who sees it their way. I don't believe it would be the place for him. Being a defense attorney does seem the best match for him. I like that his conscience does play a big part in his dealings but I would have to say that most lawyers go through this. Attorney Choi has been at it a lot longer than him and has had those rose color glasses taken away from him a long time ago. Be it complacency, clients that are good liars, and just seeing how the system works. I agree YW is helping CKS a lot by reminding him how he was at the beginning of his career. I loved how YW just showed up at his home.  His "here I am, I'm coming in" was great and it's what Choi needs too. To get back some of that idealism that has been lost.

I'm surprised this thread isn't busier (not that I'm helping by posting a lot these days). This is the best drama I'm watching right now. I'm fully into each episode, the sl, dialogue, acting is excellent but I guess it isn't everyone's cup of tea.    

Does anyone know who sings and what this song is called? It played in the drama but it isn't one of the OST's listed. I don't think it's by Heize or called I can say yes since it's no where to be found on google. Thank you!

Archived