[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

Ahhh, congratulations My Ajusshi.  Glad it was recognized for a wonderful drama that it is (given that it was aired early in the year and is in contention with other notable ones this year).  Hurray for Lee Sun Kyun for his nomination and large presence in this drama.  He is just a wonderful actor.

Just wanted to post a smiling IU, apart from the ending :lol:  Lee Ji Eun - Top Excellence Actress

article.jpg

Park Ho-san - Best Supporting Actor.  Congrats.  Second year after his Prison Playbook role.

article.jpg

Jang Ki Yong - Best New Comer.  Fresh faced and grateful.

article.jpg

One of my loved PDs of all time (who was not attending) -  Kim Won Seuk - Best Production Directing

Screenshot 2018-10-14 06.02.48

article.jpg

• Like 9

Good morning and Happy Sunday to everyone:) Are we all heading at our 300 pages?  Congratulations  to My Ajusshi cast for winning at APAN.  As we always predicted here, this drama would be a special gem during award season. My only disappointment is Lee Sun Gyun didnt win last night but I bet he is so happy that Lee Jieun won the top actress award. The always underrated and selfless LSG. He deserved all the respect in the industry. It makes me fume sometimes that he gets overlook during award seasons.  LJE was a bit emotional and thanked him during her award acceptance speech. IU as a singer is a multi-awarded top soloist but this was her first top actress award. It further solidify the theory that LSG is indeed a legendary star maker. Pretty much most of his leading ladies either won awards or became critically accaimed actresses. I don't know how he does it, but IU openly refers to him as her best partner on numeorous occasions & last night award was no exception. It is quite telling on how he inspired his leading ladies to be at their best and shine brightly with him.                                                                                                       

• Like 11

Congratulations for My Ahjussi's casts who won the APAN 2018 awards, especially to IU Lee Jieun :heart:

I am proud of her... Her acting and interpretation of Lee Jian is just perfect... She played the role so well, she deserved to win that award!

I was wondering why I cannot see Lee Sunkyun's name anywhere on the award winner... but no matter what, his being as Park Donghoon... as our Ahjussi... he's really our one and only Ahjussi... He's the winner for that.

So glad  that the OST was played beautifully - one of the unforgettable OSTs in my life... 

:thumbsup::heart:  My Ahjussi, WELL DONE!! 

BTW... happy 300th page!! :star:

• Like 7

Annyeong,  everyone!!!  :)

Just wanted to drop by and say hi and share my delight over the fact that @justamom finally posted an update to her fanfic. It just brought back all the feels! The subject of this particular chapter,  though,  kind of delves into the psyche of PDH. It's something that the show never explored but I felt it was perfectly aligned and made sense in the context of PDH's character. Restrained but burning with so much pent-up emotions. 

Thank you so much,  @justamom!  Just when I thought I was over it,  your fic update brought back all those MA feels again. :wub:

• Like 5

18 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Thanks for posting this @widala.  There should be no doubt My Ajusshi has become an influential drama this year.

Oh I love how IU looked whilst the piano was playing. She looked lost in it and completely looked the way she did when she first saw DH in the cafe. Now I truly get how much she meant it when she said she couldn’t even listen to the osts after filming. She looked like she was about to cry here any minute. 

Andddd Im so happy about the awards - truly satisfying, they all deserved it. I’m not going to even talk about LSG and the Daesang. I just wish he gets a form of recognition somehow through awards. Are there any other awards ceremonies My Mister is up for?

Nice to see others posting more here - I still check on this site time and again. And what a good time for Joon Gi-IU fans - theyve guested together at Knowing Brothers. Now, if we can only get a follow up project from LSG and IU. All these lingering feelings would be satisfied.

But well done and Im so happy that Kim Won Seuk is recognised. As Mr Sunshine is a heavy contender, the award feels even more sweet. Who would’ve thought this drama would end up getting awards or even nominated after all that talk? I feel so proud and happy 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 8

On 10/15/2018 at 4:58 PM, widala said:

No problem @sadiesmith 

I really love LJE expression in the video.

It's like, for a split second, she was Ji An again. Sitting alone in her dark, tiny room. Listening to Park Dong Hoon... So close yet so very far away...

Yay, 300 pages :thumbsup:

@widala yes LJE did look as if she forgot that she was in an awards show. I think the role of Lee Ji An really affected her deeply and it will always be part of her somehow.  She really became one with her character. 

• Like 7

So I just found out that DramaFever is dead, and I am bummed, y'all. Deeply bummed.

DramaFever was one of the first ways I could watch Korean dramas on demand. Before that, I would watch it on my local Korean TV stations, and they would air about 3 weeks after it aired in Korea. Or rent giant bags of VHS tapes from L.A. Koreatown. (K-dramas fans are the OG of binge-watching!)

I remember that DramaFever came pre-loaded on my Roku and it was a revelation! The first episode of every show was free to hook you, and I remember they charged like $10 a month? And the video quality was not great? But I still paid for it happily. Addiction began.

I think the first show I watched on DramaFever was "My Girl." I think the subtitles were very obviously jacked from fan-subs, too, including random cultural notes. Uncool, DramaFever! And yet, I'm not going to NOT watch a K-drama when it's right in front of me, at the click of my remote. Come on.

I think they did a lot to promote Korean dramas to international audiences. But I guess now they can no longer compete with Netflix and other competitors. I am sad.

Anyway, the last drama I watched completely on DramaFever was "My Ahjussi," which also sponsored/financed the project and had exclusive rights in the U.S. How am I going to rewatch "My Ahjussi?"

I was really enjoying "The 3rd Charm" recently, but now I will have to watch it raw. They also had exclusive rights to "Goblin" and a bunch of other shows and it is going to be harder to find legit subbed versions of those shows from now on.

Waaaah. This is sad.

Let us pray for Viki's survival. Sure, I like Netflix and Amazon, but I really liked both Viki and DramaFever and happily paid for and watched both for many years. They really had a special passion for K-dramas and Asian entertainment in general. It would be sad if Viki died, too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

11 hours ago, chickfactor said:

So I just found out that DramaFever is dead, and I am bummed, y'all. Deeply bummed.

I think they did a lot to promote Korean dramas to international audiences. But I guess now they can no longer compete with Netflix and other competitors. I am sad.

Anyway, the last drama I watched completely on DramaFever was "My Ahjussi," which also sponsored/financed the project and had exclusive rights in the U.S. How am I going to rewatch "My Ahjussi?"

Waaaah. This is sad.

Let us pray for Viki's survival. Sure, I like Netflix and Amazon, but I really liked both Viki and DramaFever and happily paid for and watched both for many years. They really had a special passion of K-dramas and Asian entertainment in general. It would be sad if Viki died, too.

I also just saw the news and felt very sad.  My Ajusshi made me pay membership fee without a second thought.  And as disappointed as I was that Viki didn't get the rights, I was very very thankful that at least we had Dramafever carrying the show, flawed subs and all. It's for this exact reason that I feel so sad now, because it was such a big part of my MA watching experience.

Read more about this on Drama Milk. Lots of explanation on what happened in the comment section.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, dotonly said:

Lee Sun Gyun won Prime Ministers Commendation from 2018 Korean Popular Culture & Arts Awards.

Is this the actor LSG from MA? (No pic).

Do you have source?

I've read about it in Dcinside couple of days ago

http://m.dcinside.com/board/leesk/120680

But, since the google translation is a bit weird :sweatingbullets: I don't really understand if he already won or just being nominated...

If he won, I'm so happy!

Hoping for an award ceremony... and he better show up wearing the most dapper tuxedo! 

Edit:

I've found the news at soompi

https://www.soompi.com/article/1246307wpp/winners-2018-korean-popular-culture-arts-awards

Lee Sun Kyun received the Prime Minister's Commendations!

I'm so happy his talent got the recognition!

The ceremony will be held on October 24.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

This is daebak !!! Finally he has to come out of his hiding :)

Why do I feel like a teenager waiting for an idol appearance ??? 

He better clean up and come like a hottest thing to ever walk on this planet for sake of all thirsty fans here !!!  

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, t123han said:

This is daebak !!! Finally he has to come out of his hiding :)

Why do I feel like a teenager waiting for an idol appearance ??? 

He better clean up and come like a hottest thing to ever walk on this planet for sake of all thirsty fans here !!!  

Hahaha... Yeah, he has no choice but to make a proper appearance now.  No more wearing a baseball cap backward and calling it good!

92429097.2.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

My Ajusshi is :heart::heart::heart:

-APAN award

Congratz to everyone, the crew for their hard work :thumbsup:

and us the fans who are very happyyy to see the beloved drama getting recognition :relaxed: 

such recognition in a ceremony in South Korea, after all the ‘unpleasant’ reactions and controversies, pre and during the drama airing, to say the least..I’m so happy that the crew’s great work has been granted awards.

LJE, KWS, JKY, congratz!

buuuuut LSK, my dear dear LSK :bawling:, I would put him as the best among the three of nominees for their respectives roles this year,,

I like CSW in Life, but I would say that was not his best performance,,

while LBH is only decent in Mr.Sunshine (I only watch episode 10-23 and not finishing it, because I really lost interest before the final episode), so it could be because the story is not there for LBH character,

however his acting in Mr.Sunshine compare to LSK in My Ajusshi? oh come on! :huh:

I guess LSK is really underrated as the others here said,, :unsure:

-Korean Popular Culture and Arts Awards

Finally the news that can make some amend!! He did win, right? please don’t give me false hope guys!! 

Congrats, LSK! Now I’m eagerly waiting to see the video for him getting the award and giving speech! :love:

Spoiler

my ipad has just got me logged out from this thread for the second time without my consent :crazy:

is anyone aware on how to prevent that to happen?

I kept forgetting my new password since I’m using my oldest email address for soompi, and seriously it was painful to do the ‘lost password? steps’, aacckk :crazy:

but My Ajusshi is being awarded here and there, I just have to be here in this thread whatever it takes! so all is good I guess, haha..

and to everyone here, happy 300 pages!! Thank you all for being in this wonderful community and discussion forum, I really appreciate it :wub:

• Like 6