[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

35 minutes ago, snowdragon09 said:

I promise myself I wouldn't touch tvn videos every wednesday and thursday night for the past 14 episodes.

I clicked them as soon as they popped out.

Yes..

I fail..

Every damn time.

I second that bcoz it's my cased too..

but this time I'd try my best. I will not even  lurking at insta bcoz afraid the drama appear at my explore.

wish both of us success @snowdragon09

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

10 hours ago, akhenaten said:

It’s the eve of the penultimate episode.  We either die this week or soar to the high heavens...My Ahjussi/Mister fans, FIGHTING!!! :)

If we get a confession, I will soar to the high heavens.

If we get a kiss, I will die. 

11 hours ago, Joseph Lim said:

90-min finale? What on earth is left to be told?? 

Man realises he loves woman. 

Man confesses to woman. 

THE END.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 2
  • LOL 9

3 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Never mind watching other shows, I can't even concentrate on my daily tasks. I am ashamed to say I have been putting off some bigger projects I need to do until after the show is over.

@sadiesmith @aisling @justamom  My mobile phone sits right beside my laptop at work.  When i need a mini-break, i kinda look towards it and click on the video clips in YT.  Or I pop into this forum or Tumblr or IG or Twitter.  I wanted to watch Suits and I’m thinking of starting on Lawless Lawyer but I can’t seem to find the energy or desire to watch any other drama right now until this is over. MA requires so much of my mind and heart.  Hahahah!!! :lol:

Hi @Kimchi Sweet Potato.  I love your MA MVs so much!  I hope you will do updated versions of Adult and An Ordinary Day with the most recent episodes.  Or maybe when the drama’s done. :)

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

6 hours ago, justamom said:

As @aisling says, Lee Seon Gyun is one fine man. I think that's why he can create chemistry with even the weakest actresses :wub: yes, that's what I meant. I haven't seen anything of Lee Seon Gyun since that first web conference!

He praised his co-star’s acting at the press conference and it was her idea to dress as their characters at the press conference!

https://4seasonswithiu.tumblr.com/post/172866868067/trans-180411-tvn-drama-my-mister-press

Spoiler

Lee Sun Gyun expressed his gratitude towards his co-star, actress Lee Jieun. He said, “It’s great to work with Jieun. As Lee Ji-an isn’t an easy character to portray, she even did a camera test before the first shooting. We stood in front of the camera and faced each other without muttering any lines. The whole atmosphere was kind of awkward since it was our first time meeting with the staff members too. Despite all of that, Jieun totally transformed into Ji-an. From what I saw, she was determined to usher in this project.  Lee Jieun and Lee Ji-an were 100% in sync. Her hardworking side gave me reassurance, so I felt grateful towards her too.”

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, berny said:

Hahha, true not all is into astrology or soulmates theory, but the LSK (DH) and LJE (JA) dynamics really makes me wonder.....

Reveal hidden contents

It's kinda farfetched to rely on "heavenly bodies" to explain how they affect the synergy of humans on earth.  But i have given the theory the benefit of a doubt because just like the moon, there is scientific basis on how the moon affects the tides on earth, bodies of water (the human body is 70% water, and just like how the human body have electric currents too *ecg*) the behavior of humans and animals, that's why they say be wary of the "full moon" hahha.

Anyway, on the exact time when a person is born ,there's a specific blueprint of the placements, positioning of the planets including the moon).  And the planets have "energies" that interact, gravitates with each other.

Then for the soulmate synergy... it is when a blueprint/ birthchart of another complements yours in terms of "energy" flows.... just like the "electricity, chemistry, dynamics, attraction, familiarity" that we feel....

But then again, yeah this is just all for fun.  :)

@berny  I couldn’t make sense of all the astrology but what I get is that basically, their  stars are aligned in a very good way which is why they are so compatible.  :)  I’m not into astrology but what I do know is that you just resonate with some people even from the first time you meet and it just works out so well with you and that person that you feel like you’ve known each other forever.  The “getting to know you and becoming comfortable with you” stage is bypassed almost entirely.  I don’t exactly know the reason for that but I do know it happens as I’ve experienced it myself.  

It’s all good fun.  We’re not shipping LSK and LJE in real life because...well, real life. Though based on what we’ve seen of them in just their characters, what could have been would have been spectacular. That’s why the idea of Park Dong Hoon and Lee Ji An works. It’s because of LSK and LJE.  :)

1 hour ago, ccl82 said:

If we get a confession, I will soar to the high heavens.

If we get a kiss, I will die. 

90-min finale? What on earth is left to be told?? 

Man realises he loves woman. 

Man confesses to woman. 

THE END.

90 minutes. Whoa.  Maybe the last 30 minutes would be just Dong Hoon and Ji An...walking...talking...walking...talking...though I really wouldn’t mind. :tongue:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

I hope they release the subbed BTS.  The one I’d love to see is the BTS of that scene when LSK as Park Dong Hoon confronted Lee Ji Ah’s Yoon Hee and he broke down and cried. Until now, my heart aches for Dong Hoon when I re-watch those scenes.

I can’t imagine how LSK felt in that moment.  I think his real self disappeared and he was fully Dong Hoon.  His acting was so raw and so real.  I think to a great extent, Lee Ji Ah was also influenced by his acting in that scene so her reaction was also genuine.  

It must have been difficult to shoot that whole sequence in parts and then the director shouts cut and LSK and LJA are still immersed in the scene.  No wonder they were so exhausted.

But then again, bravo, LSK! Please win an award.  Then again, sweep all the awards for Best Actor in a Drama this year.  This is acting at the highest level.

And I also commend Lee Ji Ah for her acting here.  Yoon Hee could have easily become a one-dimensional character but she played her in such a way that made her both flawed and sympathetic. At least to me. :)

• Like 13

@mujay @h2ogirl What is the name of this song?  If you don't know, the original Song is at the bottom.... hahaha

Don't know much about Subway-Train
Don't care less about Soju drink
Don't particular like the winter scenes
Don't enjoy all the snow and cold

But I do know that they grows on me
And I feel that they touch me deeply
Oh what mess life can turn out, now... to be!

Always thought chemistry's just formulary
A few equations on the writing board
Something that one just memorize
for the test and then... chuck out the door

I didn't know that it applies to people
Like oxygen and hydrogen makes H2O
Oh what wonderful thing is chemistry!

Now I don't claim to be a K-Drama expert
But I'm trying to be!
So maybe by being a Mujay Drama addict
I can find some solace for me?

Don't care much about mathematics!
Why all these circles in trigonometry?
What are these wiggles they call algebra?
Who care what a calculator is for?

But I know that one plus one is two
One Park Dong Hoon and one Lee Ji-ah
Oh what wonder mathematics really can be!

warning....spoiler...….

WONDERFUL WORLD   from Sam Cook 1960

Don't know much about history
Don't know much biology
Don't know much about a science book
Don't know much about the french I took

But I do know that I love you
And I know that if you love me too
What a wonderful world this would be

Don't know much about geography
Don't know much trigonometry
Don't know much about algebra
Don't know what a slide rule is for

But I do know that one and one is two
And if this one could be with you

Now I don't claim to be an "A" student
But I'm trying to be
So maybe by being an "A" student baby
I can win your love for me

Don't know much biology

• LOL 9

IMG_20180515_153251.jpg

So many spoiler come out yet we don't sure what a kind relationship will work for DH-Jian,so many gap between them to mend-_-

IMG_20180514_112909.jpg

Relationship never dies as natural death there're murdered by ego, atitude and ignorance.

please don't ever let go that pity girl hands"-_-

Happy ending, warmth hug, sweet kiss is big bonus:)

Less than 24 hours to eps 15.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Never mind watching other shows, I can't even concentrate on my daily tasks. I am ashamed to say I have been putting off some bigger projects I need to do until after the show is over.

@sadiesmith  You are an ADDICT....An MM ADDICT!.... so are WE@!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, uNiQueEkiX said:

I second that bcoz it's my cased too..

but this time I'd try my best. I will not even  lurking at insta bcoz afraid the drama appear at my explore.

wish both of us success @snowdragon09

I have been glued to my screen every single moment except all day Wednesday until I could sit down and watch on DF.  Then I caught up on the postings after the Wednesday episode.  Wake up Thursday and again tried to avoid coming on the forum until I could watch with subs in the evening.  I had been mostly successful the entire run until last week, when I spoiled myself all day Thursday when the wait became too much. 

This time I WILL stay away all Wednesday as you guys on the other side of the world hash to death what happens in episode 15, and I will do the same Thursday.  So wish me luck too.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, KevinD said:

I completely agree with everything you stated here. I'm an IU fan as well, and I'm also glad that she was able to overcome the slump after Moon Lovers. I'm certain she learned a great deal from working with Lee Sun Kyun (I have endless compliments for him as an actor and a person) and I hope that he continues to mentor her/advise her with her acting career after all this over. As for her being more comfortable behind-the-scenes, to be honest, I think she just really enjoys working with veterans. Contrary to her youthful appearance, she's quite the old soul. In Kim Soo Hyun's words, "It's like there's an ahjumma living inside of her." :D

I hope LSG will still give her some acting advise even after the drama. I also have endless respect for that man not only as a professional actor but as a person as well. Judging from his professional reputation, he is really a selfless actor and very committed to his craft. He is not all about personal glory but rather focuses on working in tandem with his leading ladies making sure they mesh well. Aside from that velvety voice, can LSG be anymore perfect? Kudos to him for providing a good supportive environment to LJE and vice versa.

LJE is such a deep thinker and that tiny bean is like yoda (gong hyo jin's description) :lol: I hope she will take a well deserved break after this drama. I think KWS really made her run so many times that LJE lost some weight from filming. IU should learn from MA and take her time in choosing the right project for her. Please no more cutesy innocent roles.  I hope someday she will get to work with Ji Sung or Jang Hyuk in a drama. 

21 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

I didn't watch Misaeng, but here the PD/writer duo have so carefully built up all this tension and longing between characters and created all kinds of anticipation in their viewers. Not delivering something satisfying for closure is a sure way to get them on everyone's hate list.

Chingu, too late for this writer/PD combo to back out now. There was no need for them to add the unnecessary ambiguity since almost everyone is not expecting a romantic vibe from the beginning. They could have sunk the ship weeks ago but nope they keep on intensifying the violence and longing. The ending for MA is beyond our control but If KWS and PHY will not deliver and give us a vanilla ending instead, then for sure both will be blacklisted in my watchlist. But I am still hopeful that they will deliver.

6 hours ago, aisling said:

Are guys watching any other shows? I’m so nervous and anticipating MA finale that  I can’t concentrate on any other dramas. I put them all on hold until MA ends.

I need a long break more like a hiatus after the finale of this drama. It was such a bad idea watching Mother entirely  then going straight to My Ajusshi. Too much heart break and tears at the beginning of the year. I feel like my heart is about to explode:lol: 

17 hours ago, ninaanin said:

On MA's OST. 

I understand both "Adult" and "There's a Rainbow" as the OTP's songs. I will forever relate these songs to them. 

If I'm not got it wrong, they are used in different moments, to convey different OTP's actions that bind them to each other: I would say, figuratively, "Adult" refers to "syncronic action time" and  "There's a Rainbow" refers to "diacronic action time". "Adult" is normaly used when they are sharing a "same time" and/or "same space": walking together, eating together, speaking to each other, thinking on each other at the same moment. "There's a Rainbow" is mostly used when one is trying to reach the other, and normaly it expressed by motion: running; I would say that DH calling JA at the end of episode 16 can also be understood as a "reaching" movement. 

IMO,  Jian's theme song will always be "There is a Rainbow" with her running to him or she is worried about his breathing. Also "Ordinary Day" is a song used when both of them are feeling lonely and sad.

The perfect ending of episode 14 and the great use of that song when DH was calling Jian through his cellphone .. A pure cinematic gem. Be still my heart. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, fauna said:

He praised his co-star’s acting at the press conference and it was her idea to dress as their characters at the press conference!

https://4seasonswithiu.tumblr.com/post/172866868067/trans-180411-tvn-drama-my-mister-press

Hide contents

Lee Sun Gyun expressed his gratitude towards his co-star, actress Lee Jieun. He said, “It’s great to work with Jieun. As Lee Ji-an isn’t an easy character to portray, she even did a camera test before the first shooting. We stood in front of the camera and faced each other without muttering any lines. The whole atmosphere was kind of awkward since it was our first time meeting with the staff members too. Despite all of that, Jieun totally transformed into Ji-an. From what I saw, she was determined to usher in this project.  Lee Jieun and Lee Ji-an were 100% in sync. Her hardworking side gave me reassurance, so I felt grateful towards her too.”

@fauna, 1000 thanks for this.  LSK is such a sweetheart, and generous like @timidjock0819said upstairs. I so wish we could see the whole press conference with subs.  If you come across fun or interesting tidbits like this, would you please share some more if you have time?

• Like 7

Spoiler
29 minutes ago, tiger457_stv said:

@mujay @h2ogirl What is the name of this song?  If you don't know, the original Song is at the bottom.... hahaha

Don't know much about Subway-Train
Don't care less about Soju drink
Don't particular like the winter scenes
Don't enjoy all the snow and cold

But I do know that they grows on me
And I feel that they touch me deeply
Oh what mess life can turn out, now... to be!

Always thought chemistry's just formulary
A few equations on the writing board
Something that one just memorize
for the test and then... chuck out the door

I didn't know that it applies to people
Like oxygen and hydrogen makes H2O
Oh what wonderful thing is chemistry!

Now I don't claim to be a K-Drama expert
But I'm trying to be!
So maybe by being a Mujay Drama addict
I can find some solace for me?

Don't care much about mathematics!
Why all these circles in trigonometry?
What are these wiggles they call algebra?
Who care what a calculator is for?

But I know that one plus one is two
One Park Dong Hoon and one Lee Ji-ah
Oh what wonder mathematics really can be!

warning....spoiler...….

ORIGINAL SONG FROM 1960

Don't know much biology

Don't know much about geography
Don't know much trigonometry
Don't know much about algebra
Don't know what a slide rule is for

But I do know that one and one is two
And if this one could be with you

Now I don't claim to be an "A" student
But I'm trying to be
So maybe by being an "A" student baby
I can win your love for me

Don't know much biology

I'll top yours with this, a perfect song for our Ajusshi:

Hey Jude

Hey Jude, don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better

Hey Jude, don't be afraid
You were made to go out and get her
The minute you let her under your skin
Then you begin to make it better

And anytime you feel the pain, hey Jude, refrain
Don't carry the world upon your shoulders
For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder
Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah

Hey Jude, don't let me down
You have found her, now go and get her
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better

So let it out and let it in, hey Jude, begin
You're waiting for someone to perform with
And don't you know that it's just you, hey Jude, you'll do
The movement you need is on your shoulder
Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah yeah

Hey Jude, don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her under your skin
Then you'll begin to make it
Better better better better better better, oh
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, arctichare said:

Hi @Kimchi Sweet Potato! I just wanted to thank you for your wonderful My Mister FMVs.

This particular one has been on loop since last Thursday. I love it so much.

This is good , song is beautiful also. 

1 hour ago, akhenaten said:

I hope they release the subbed BTS.  The one I’d love to see is the BTS of that scene when LSK as Park Dong Hoon confronted Lee Ji Ah’s Yoon Hee and he broke down and cried. Until now, my heart aches for Dong Hoon when I re-watch those scenes.

I can’t imagine how LSK felt in that moment.  I think his real self disappeared and he was fully Dong Hoon.  His acting was so raw and so real.  I think to a great extent, Lee Ji Ah was also influenced by his acting in that scene so her reaction was also genuine.  

It must have been difficult to shoot that whole sequence in parts and then the director shouts cut and LSK and LJA are still immersed in the scene.  No wonder they were so exhausted.

But then again, bravo, LSK! Please win an award.  Then again, sweep all the awards for Best Actor in a Drama this year.  This is acting at the highest level.

And I also commend Lee Ji Ah for her acting here.  Yoon Hee could have easily become a one-dimensional character but she played her in such a way that made her both flawed and sympathetic. At least to me. :)

if not hopefully someone subs.

DAMN it i always get baited because sometimes if you post two comments in a row they join together. 

what song is that @tiger457_stv if you find out tag me ;p 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)