[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, skinnyjeans said:

So, my prediction was close. It's just imagination! Still waiting for the ep 16 sub. I think it's really late today. The longest wait for Mr. Sunshine sub so far :crazy:

I downloaded English subs from subscene and watched the episode. They were uploaded there more than 3 hrs ago.

• Like 3

A few thoughts after Ep.16:

- Ae-Shin's a lucky girl. Three great guys are ride-or-die for you, going all out to protect you. Love it.

Hee-Seong is really kicking butt this week. He can't fight physically, but he is sharp. Love that he's going to start publishing newspapers, it's perfect. (Chicago Typewriter!)

- Love Grandpa Go. Turns out he's the true head of the Righteous Army! I love how everything he does is to make sure Ae-shin lives. Sending her to Gunner Jang to train her as an assassin, betrothing her to Hee-Seong, and will (eventually) let her be with Eugene. She is the apple of his eye, and he will make sure she survives. Awww.

Which bring me to question - what about Ae-Soon? Does Grandpa know that his other granddaughter is married to an absolute piece of trash who treats her like garbage? And he is helping sell out Joseon? Pay attention, dude!

- Speaking of which, WAN-IK. So hateful, so evil... Such a great actor. (Kim Eui-Sung)

• Like 11

This is the very first time i've ever post something in soompi forum. 

I've followed a lot of kdarama forums before just to follow all the dramas that i've watched. 

But seriously this drama is beyond everything. 

I just can't keep myself from sharing what i've felt through this drama. 

I guess this drama is the only one that can make me feel like this,maybe there'll be no other can beat this. 

The love between EuShin reminds me of Romeo & Juliet, so beautiful yet sad. 

LBH & KTR were the perfect choices by KES to play these roles. 

We don't need to see excessive skinship to feel their love. They showed the purity of their love by eyes, smiles, tears, teasing each other, sacrifices. This OTP really changed the perception of romance for me. 

The other characters also well played by YYS, LMJ, BYH. 

For me, EC was the most Joseon people in Joseon, even though he was never considered as a Joseon person. 

I can see why he is the one and only Mr Sunshine. 

But i'm curious about the imaginations of the three men with AS. 

Why the imaginations of DM and HS became reality but for EC it is just a dream. 

It's really painful and not fair for him. 

Oh my god, I still got a lot to say but i just can't describe how this drama affects me. 

I'll just keep repeating watching the happy scenes till i meet my sunshine this saturday. 

• Like 9

Still in the turmoil that is called episode 15 and 16.

New article about end of shooting for Lee Byung-Hun, from http://news.nate.com/view/20180827n11966?mid=e1200&modit=&modit=1535334040

[Exclusive] 'Mr Sunshine' Lee Byung-Hun, completed shooting early morning today(27th)... wrapping up 1 year journey.

201808270929779723_5b834c3973611.jpg

[OSEN=Park Jinyoung reporter] tvN Sat-Sun drama 'Mr Sunshine' shooting ends for Lee Byung-Hun finally.

From the article, most of other actors(YYS/BYH) are already done before LBH. Only KTR may need to shoot extra scenes. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, mistymorning said:

New article about end of shooting for Lee Byung-Hun, from http://news.nate.com/view/20180827n11966?mid=e1200&modit=&modit=1535334040

[Exclusive] 'Mr Sunshine' Lee Byung-Hun, completed shooting early morning today(27th)... wrapping up 1 year journey.

[OSEN=Park Jinyoung reporter] tvN Sat-Sun drama 'Mr Sunshine' shooting ends for Lee Byung-Hun finally.

From the article, most of other actors(YYS/BYH) are already done before LBH. Only KTR may need to shoot extra scenes. 

Omoo.... only KTR need to shoot extra scenes?? Does it mean that all the three guys died and AS will eventually be a monk? :bawling: 

thanks to @jeffreyd015 and @mistergenie for the information. I use to watch online from dramanice/watchasians. Now I know what to do if they're late uploading the ep with sub!

Need to rewatch the 15+16 ep! 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks! :)
  • Like 6

I get this nagging feeling that KES is setting up another grand stage for the ending in the last 2 episodes. She had done twice actually, in my opinion. In the early 1/3 of the drama, she set up the grand stage consists of back story of each character..the next 1/3,  she has set up another grand stage whereby she made us see how Lee Wan Ik is the mortal enemy of everyone and how everyone seemed to set aside their differences and help each other out (hence the boys club and girls club in action, which I love so much! :love:)..The next 1/3 will be the rebel movement. In the last episode, we have seen EC accepting to be part of the Royal Military, Gunner Jang as the Head of Security, HS as a newspaper editor (p/s it is a common setting that during the war, the newspaper played the most important role in relaying encrypted information), DM and his men already act ala CIA with their skills in torturing people to get the latest intel (and in this case the intel is very important for the rebel). Only Lord Go seemed to be in the dark, though he knows that somebody is already set to frame him but he seemed to be in dark about the rest of the details. I believe in the next 8 episodes, we will see all them comes together to set up the biggest rebel movement ever. And I think I've mentioned this before, I would love to see everyone stick their weapons on LWI for the final revenge..He started all this chaos and even arrogantly admit to it.

But, I am not elated with the Emperor and his minions. Although the Minister seemed to be on the rebel side, but he is very calculative and kinda reckless sometimes. If not for the rest of them, he would have made a lot of mistakes and could cause the rebel movement to cease just like that. Even if he knew that, he maintained his arrogance, thinking that he calls the shot..ughhh..

And then there's the Emperor..seriously, every time he appeared on the screen, I felt like screaming at him "Come on! Get Your Act Together! You Are the King!"..but then again, i kinda understand a bit since the time is not easy for him to rule..well, I will give him some leeway for that..but I hope in the next few episodes, he will not be the stumbling block to the rebel movement. I know he is part of the rebel movement but his inferiority complex really irritable sometimes.

But one thing I can say that, even if all the male characters did not have the intention to fight for Joseon, now they are all, sub-consciously doing so..

EC- even if he is not doing this for Joseon directly, he is doing it for AS because to him wherever AS is, it is his home. And to AS, Joseon is her home. Ergo, Joseon becomes EC's home too. Plus, he has made new friends, Do Mi, the interpreter, the pawnshop owners, even AS's assistance, Gunner Jang, the potter (even though he said he was disappointed at him. Heck, he even managed to secure a mountain for the potter. The deal with the Minister)  all of whom he kept acknowledging their roles in helping him to fit in Joseon. I believe, he will feel that he need to protect Joseon for them.

DM- well, same logic as EC, but actually he had shown many times he had Joseon at heart. The way he lashed out at the Japanese man who did not wear much (to him it is an insult to Joseon since this nation is big on modesty) and there was one time he admitted that he was also protecting So Mi and Do Mi, though they are not aware. Plus, I think since he was protecting Hotaru and Hina, both of whom got more respect by the Koreans than the Japanese, in a way, he would want to protect them in this homeland, rather than going back to Japan.

HS - well, he is given. Not only he tried not to be his grandfather, but he was pretty gentle with everyone around him, even the slaves. He is the gentlest soul among them all. Although he stayed away for 10 years, he could not resist to come back. AS might be his initial reason but I think as he digged more on stories like EC, he will have more reasons to protect Joseon

Aigooo..the whole drama is making my thinking hat working hard than ever..hehehe..plus, I need to vent this out after the heartwrenching episodes last night..huhuhu..need to stay positive..aja,aja,aja..Hwaiting!!

Anyway, the romance part for all the three male characters are actually what binds them together. Although only one can win in this romance battle, I got this feeling that the other 2 will support in their own way. HS did in the last episode (which makes me cry too for him..I wish there is a new love line for him. But not Ae Sun, please..jeball). 

Now, about the preview where DM was shoot, I will not invest so much in it since previews can be sneakily twisted. I think DM will go underground after he was shot. And then he will be part of the underground movement to help the rebels (the grand stage set up). His character cannot be vanished just like that. No, I dont want to believe that. KES will not be that cruel, right? *wink* *wink*

Another last thought, I would like to see spin off drama for DM and HS. Hmm..probably "Mr Eclipse" for DM and "Mr Flower" for HS? Hehehe..HS's story will be something like Chicago Typewriter. DM's story will be something like..hmm..Scarlet?..heheh..just my 2 cents..

• Like 10
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, skinnyjeans said:

Omoo.... only KTR need to shoot extra scenes?? Does it mean that all the three guys died and AS will eventually be a monk? :bawling: 

1 hour ago, mistergenie said:

Only KTR may need to shoot extra scenes. 

@mistymorning I know that scenes are not necessarily shot in order - last to shoot scenes are not necessarily the last scenes but still, KTR being the only member left with scenes to shoot makes me a bit apprehensive about Eugene and the final scenes of the drama.

I know! I'm a bit apprehensive too, but exact wording was that there's may be possibility of KTR doing extra shooting, so.. we'll see? 

• Like 6

August 26, 2018

"Mr. Sunshine" Lee Ho-jae Angry With Lee Byung-hun

Source: Xportsnews via HanCinema.net

photo996989.jpg

On the latest episode of the tvN drama "Mr. Sunshine", Eugene Choi (Lee Byung-hun) went to Go Sa-hong's (Lee Ho-jae) house.

He asked why he'd been looking for him, but Go So-hong seemed surprised by this. He called Go Ae-shin (Kim Tae-ri) and asked, "Are you who Ae-shin has been talking about? From now on, don't apologize or make excuses and just answer my questions. Is it true that she likes you? And do you like her back?"

He added, "I just can't understand how a Joseon person becomes a Westerner". Eugene explained, "I left Joseon to survive and I became an American to become one. Americans are the invading army, but I wish for Joseon to be safe".

When Go Sa-hong found out that Eugene was of a slavery class, he yelled at Go Ae-shin for insulting him and that it was embarrassing enough that a woman from a noble family had a crush on a man. "You will not be with him even though you get divorced. You're going die alone and lonely. This is the circumstance of your decision".

• Like 6

@mistergenie and @rubie thank you for the welcome! I have just watched the preview of the episode 17. Grandfather Go seems to lead a mass sit in of scholars... are them in mourning clothes, aren’t them? With the white clothes and the hair not combed, they seems like mourners for Joseon. Wil he be arrested or killed?

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, mistymorning said:

Thanks so much @mistymorning for the update, so it's finally finished for him.. after almost a year of preparation and filming. Must be a relief finally.. at least most of them plus the crew will not be toiling away at the set till the very end of episode 24, still working non-stop. KTR might be filming her 'solo' scenes.. perhaps as flashbacks when Ae Shin was younger. You see I'm consoling myself .. haha..

One by one of the cast have posted farewell pics with each other on IG. Must say that they have such a great and warm rapport during filming despite the mainly serious scenes they have to act out.

Hello hello to @ieyoo1990, @kingkong72 and all new members.. welcome to the thread, please don't be shy to post your comments.

MR.SUNSHINE fans, Come here! Come here! mrs.jpg

Source: Sports Chosun / superjuman / eric_klm

ms231.jpg

ms232.jpg

• Like 12

this series is slowly beginning to annoy me :/

Thoughts Preview...

AS didnt become a concubine :) She went to meet the Empress or Emperor (subject: english school). I leave AS Empress conversation... 

???

If she went to see the emperor, he would realize she have puffy eyes and would probably ask why? (japanese spies murdered his beloved empress Min few years ago). 

AS will tell the truth that she cant be with the man she loves because her grandfather is opposed to the relationship. The adviser knows that this is EC and he will say his name. The emperor will probably be curious how it happened that a noblewoman and a former slave are in a relationship. AS probably will tell that she saw in him what other people didnt and fell in love with him. The Emperor appointed him an instructor at the royal military academy.

The question is whether the emperor will show support "I appointed EC as an instructor and I thought about ties him more strongly with Joseon - marriage" Grandfather will be against it anyway (stubborn donkey :)), but it will show the Emperor's support. Either the advisor and the emperor will say that they cant force her grandfather and cant change the laws and will only show concern.

???

I think writers again try mislead viewers.

DM probably seriusly wounded warn EC in american legation - reason why he take soldiers and they go save Go family resisidence and be in time. You forget he works for Aeshin and EC saved his live. Where else would he learn about the danger?

Go family is anti-japanese and grandfather organized meeting. 

Japanese soldiers will withdraw because they will not want to conflict with America. Joseon has not yet lost his independence and the Japanese interfere in their internal affairs.

EC want protect Aeshin and her house. EC already knows that he can only prolong the inevitable. (annexation)

EC protects grandfather and the anti-Japanese faction, but this is not his main goal. Grandfather will understand that he was wrong? I hope he will give Aeshin this time. (stubborn donkey)
I am fed up with this in the plot and the problem is being extended by writers (KES please end this here)

After this incident EC will get into trouble. Coming of Lee Van Ik (Minister of Foreign Affairs) and police commander (HS father?). 

The first shoot was for a warning. 

Probably they both threaten each other during the conversation in american legation.

"If you want my silence, you have to either kill me or trust me" - EC and minister Allen conversation? - too many incidents in which Eugene took part

???

I wonder what will happen in the city. Grandfather and scholars beaten by soldiers or police and imprisoned.

Maybe he couldnt intervene being still in Joseon?

???

https://imgur.com/a/SznqL98

This photo looks like a reminder (photo shot in american legation?). Maybe they will not survive fights with Japan?

many rebels take pictures of themselves.

Edit: 

photo shot is in glory hotel (front door)

• Like 3