[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

I log in today and find some great discussions, funny strips and some good pics of the upcoming episodes. I am lucky to have found this forum.

@AhphengYour C-strips are the best. They're a great combination of hilarious, heartwarming and unapologetically romantic.

@mistymorningThank you for the article and your translation. It is much, much appreciated. Like you, I am now quite wary of this supposed hurt to EC that may occur at the hands of the potter and  Ae Shin respectively. But, a part of me is looking forward to the disagreement with the potter because I feel like the RA needs to appreciate Eugene a bit more rather than trying to discard him like a pawn. It is the hurt that may come from Ae Shin that troubles me - over the course of the past three episodes, it has felt like their love has been getting more stronger and solidified. I hope any disagreement/hurt is temporary.

@kansas424Thank you for those tidbits regaridng HS finding out about EC's childhood trauma at the hands of his family.

@rubie Those stills of Ae Shin pointing the gun are so beautiful. She looks stunning in that pose.

He knew, even as an American, he's never safe in Joseon yet the latest incident would obviously erase the sense of belonging that he's starting to feel.. it'll take more to convince him now, who's more cautious than ever. So cruel, so complicated..

Good thoughts. We know Ae Shin is not going to shoot him but I am most curious about the stance she will take in this confrontation at the kiln site. So far, she hasn't let on too many details about her missions to Eugene and  to see Eugene coming in and maybe confronting the potter regarding details about the RA way of functioning will be a sort of shock for her.  Maybe Eugene wants to be let in on the RA's future plans and the potter rejects his proposal and Ae Shin stands with his decision . Eugene himself may not see it that way but for all we know, Ae Shin may not want him more involved in the RA, not because she agrees with the potter, but simply because she loves Eugene and feels the need to protect him from getting too involved and thereby placing his life in danger.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, rubie said:

Hi @kansas424, your first post at MR.SUNSHINE.. welcome to our abode! :lol:Hope more will find their way too, and talk about the drama here. Admittedly it's not always easy discussing about this particular KES drama, but all of us are enjoying it the best we can and sharing (English) info, pics & videos are much better here than anywhere else, in my opinion.

Thanks very much for the tip about Hee Sung, I've been wondering if he had stopped questioning his parents about Eugene by simply ignoring about it. So, he will still find out what really happened to EC's parents but even though the latter has found his closure (revenge on LSE), it'll be HS feeling the burden of regret now. Ohh.. I think we can see now how KES saving her trump card and bringing it up the 'conflict' at the right time. ;)

Individual pics from tvN

Thanks Rubie, i have been spectator of this forum for the past months now, and i thoroughly enjoy it

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 3

@mistergenie, come to think of it.. in Eugene's own words, RA is a clumsy organization and Ae Shin is a part of it yet she doesn't know any of the members except for Gunner Jang. If I remember correctly, in ep14, EC was finally connecting the dots on how the bakery, apothecary, HongPa were all part of RA when he was confronted by DM's men in the alley. Perhaps, with Joseph's death and how it's been ill-treated by the Emperor/LJM/RA, perhaps it's time for Eugene to shake up the whole situation? I think it's all coming together for EC when he was interrogating Jeon Seung Jae (the shooter) that he has to do something, sensing something wrong with RA's plan. Knowing from it's a huge risk of course, and that AS is an experienced sniper, it's the only chance Eugene has at that moment. Well, I'm speculating of course. 

I agree that it does look like Ae Shin wanted to 'protect' Eugene by not telling him about her sniper jobs. But EC always has a way of knowing, one way or the other, things always come back to him. I mean they knew about each other's situation but wanted so hard not to interfere that in the end, it's always something connected and 'biting' both of them. It will only get messier if they don't straighten things out.

More pics from tvN feat. Hi Na and Hee Sung, he's a mellow piano-playing guy~

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, rubie said:

@mistergenie, come to think of it.. in Eugene's own words, RA is a clumsy organization and Ae Shin is a part of it yet she doesn't know any of the members except for Gunner Jang. If I remember correctly, in ep14, EC was finally connecting the dots on how the bakery, apothecary, HongPa were all part of RA when he was confronted by DM's men in the alley. Perhaps, with Joseph's death and how it's been ill-treated by the Emperor/LJM/RA, perhaps it's time for Eugene to shake up the whole situation? I think it's all coming together for EC when he was interrogating Jeon Seung Jae (the shooter) that he has to do something, sensing something wrong with RA's plan. Knowing from it's a huge risk of course, and that AS is an experienced sniper, it's the only chance Eugene has at that moment. Well, I'm speculating of course. 

I agree that it does look like Ae Shin wanted to 'protect' Eugene by not telling him about her sniper jobs. But EC always has a way of knowing, one way or the other, things always come back to him. I mean they knew about each other's situation but wanted so hard not to interfere that in the end, it's always something connected and 'biting' both of them. It will only get messier if they don't straighten things out.

Some great points again. Eugene interfering in RA's plan, wanting a part in their missions may very well turn out to be his way of protecting Ae Shin because he believes that RA's clumsiness could eventually get her killed.

It will only get messier if they don't straighten things out.

IMHO, Eugene has been the one slowly and steadily walking towards the flame( Ae Shin).

It is Ae Shin who needs to take one more step forward here. Trust Eugene completely and keep him in the loop.

• Like 4

LOL @Ahpheng, if AS shoot the writer.. then, we'll never know the ending! th_no2.gif :P

Once they've patched things up (assuming nothing too serious after tonight's confrontation) Eugene and Ae Shin should set these two up. :rolleyes: Miss Nam Jong (Ae Shin's tutor) might be smitten at first sight of Kyle but I think Gwan Soo suits her more, speaking English together on their dates. :lol:

Silk colors for my Lady, wait a minute!

mrsun13_03.gif

She loves me, she loves me not!

mrsun13_04.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

Oh dear.. I think we were wrong with the speculations th_bricks.gif but phew! So wrong in a good way.. for now! AS didn't shoot anyone.. certainly not EC and it looks like she gave a piece of her mind to ES after that sniper job. EC finally gave his parent (Joseph) a decent and respectful burial, it shows that he's finally content to be able to perform his duty as a son. Well.. what comes next.. everyone have and will watch it soon. :wub: Darn those previews.. they never convey the episodes correctly and we're happy they don't! :lol: But wait.. ep16 preview is something else.. :huh: :sweatingbullets: Eugene asking for Ae Shin's hand from Lord Go.. can that even be?

Thank you goblin_mrsunshine for the clips, we really appreciate them a lot ~

• Like 7

Hi @rubie and fans of Mr Sunshine, just dropping by to give a tidbit of information :)

Three weeks ago, singer Hwang Chi Yeul on Vlive told his fans he had recorded an OST for a drama but he was not allowed to say the title of the drama. Later in an instagram, he gave a hint and so we fans of  his made a guess, and  waited .. and waited .. until ep 15 today, during the scene showing Joseph's funeral:

https://tv.naver.com/v/3898727

from 01:20 onwards 

All the best to the drama!

• Like 7

Being married might give AS more freedom in carrying her activities as a freedom fighter and maybe even a better cover up. But if this is the case, whose name can help her more? Eugene or the young master?

Some days ago, there were some discussions about AS going to Shanghai. Last episode, Eugene seems to have discovered that Joseph's destination was Shanghai and now he knows, I think, that one of the four friends in the photo is here. (He also asked AS if she knows what the guys in the photo meant about the plum flower.)

On the other hand, it is clear that somebody needs to do bring the money to the guy in Shanghai to buy more guns for the RA. If this is correct, somebody has to travel to Shanghai. If AS has to do it, it is easier for her to travel as a married woman. It might be even easier to travel as Eugene's wife.

But this is just speculation.

I liked the despair in Eugene's hug of AS. It shows that in a way, for him, she is the only one keeping him sane. I also loved that he thought of taking the burden of shooting him from her. When he offered the gun to the potter, he put the responsibility of the shooting on the potter. That was cleverly done.

Some questions: When will Eugene start taking revenge on LWI? he knows that he is responsible for Joseph's death. I'm also wondering what Dong Mae will do with the new information about Eugene's origins. 

• Like 7

Holy moly.........the hug scene gave me heart atk hahah. 
AeShin was asking about the following step after hug...longing etc.......lmao Eugene had to brought up fishing.

Totally didn't expect these scenes, Eugene and Aeshin to US? Hell yeah, let that be the end of Mr. Sunshine hahahaha.

• Like 10

@rubie

thoughts preview - this is my opinion (many intentional misleadings and this is reason why we make mistakes :))

Grandpa will be against it (american soldier). AS will reveal that EC has avenged her parents and he did nothing in this matter (almost 30 years). Then grandpa will agree because EC avenged his son. Then he will allow EC and AS to go to the USA. 

AS is too different from other women. After the broken engagement she become the object of gossip. She is also in a relationship with EC (american soldier). Grandpa will ask him to go to the US for her safety, she will not be able to stay in Joseon because of customs.

She will want to come back and defend her homeland and Grandpa/family (goodbye). EC will ask for transfer and will come back to Joseon. He said in last episode "I want Go Aeshin not die" - love and protection. He dont care Joseon ( he is sincere in this matter). I think that he will use "come here, Come here"  AS EC hug? 

Edit:

my thougts:

HS proposal is misleading because AS tell him the name her man - Eugene Choi.  He just found out what his family has done to him. He will withdraw the marriage offer. He tell EC that AS has revealed the truth and has been punished. If writers go in this direction HS will behave like a real man. 

• Like 6

Omooo the preview- seems like it’s going to venture into the typical kdrama territory a little bit with grandpa’s rejection etc lmao.. Finally we get to see Ae Shin in proper western garb! But what does this mean??? I don’t think Ae Shin is visiting the US with Eugene...  My heart is torn seeing Ae Shin cry so pitifully in the preview... :tears:

• Like 8

I'm really in love with this drama. How can their hug scenes looks much more emotional than so many other dramas kiss scenes?!:heart:

Hope for passing 20 in rating very soon.

Lee byung hun was really the best choice for eugene character, i can't imagine any other actor as eugene.:wub:

Hope for happy ending, but i'm okay with sad ending too.B)

• Like 14

6 hours ago, tzupi said:

I liked the despair in Eugene's hug of AS. It shows that in a way, for him, she is the only one keeping him sane. I also loved that he thought of taking the burden of shooting him from her. When he offered the gun to the potter, he put the responsibility of the shooting on the potter. That was cleverly done.

That was totally unexpected, too. The RA leader(s) & LJM have the tendency to put the burden and responsibility on someone else.. as long as it's not themselves pulling the trigger, it's easy to order others to do it.

It also marks the end of Eugene's debt / relationship / respect(?) to Eun San. What a pity that it turned out such a way. He even brought Kim Yong Ju to RA and they pointed a gun to his head instead. th_dontcare.gif

So, there's no conflict between Eugene and Ae Shin. Time for AS to completely trust EC because he really needed that from someone as Joseon has been snubbing him again and again.

ms230.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Have not watched. :D

AGB Nielsen Ratings:

Episode 1   7/7/18       8.852%

Episode 2   7/8/18       9.691%

Episode 3   7/14/18    10.082%

Episode 4   7/15/18    10.567%

Episode 5   7/21/18    10.835%

Episode 6   7/22/18     11.713%

Episode 7  7/28/18      11.114%