[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

August 23, 2018

Lee Byung Hun posted on his Weibo this photo with the message:

The hottest day. We're still shooting.

Source: LeeByungHun0712

ms228.jpg

Spoiler

20180824lbh.jpg

Just for fun, to ease the anxiety from last Sunday's cliffhanger. Finally, it's Friday! Tomorrow, tomorrow.. I love ya, tomorrow. :P

MR.SUNSHINE Best Actor (mid-airing subtle) and best cameo 

mrsun07_13.gif

Spoiler

mrsun02_02.gif

MR.SUNSHINE Best Actress (mid-airing dramatic)

mrsun02_01.gif

MR.SUNSHINE Best Covert Couple

mrsun13_01.gif

• Like 8
  • LOL 4

10 hours ago, mistergenie said:

@ ahpheng Oh come on! Dong Mae basically holds the life of an innocent girl to ransom and he also threatened Eugene when Ae Shin went to make the first payment (he said - ''that girl and the person she is protecting by not revealing his name''). I apologize and I know your C-strips are meant to be funny and light hearted but I can never see anything romantic in Dong Mae's manipulative and obsessive actions regarding AeShin. 

I would suggest you don't talk about the character that you dont like. I basically come into this show because of Dongmae. Have it not be him, I wouldn't watch this entire drama at all.

DM is a very sad character and doesn't need anybody else to step on him further.

XtL3q8j.jpg

and they live happily ever after.:phew:

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

I am not sure if anyone mentioned this before. I am having sudden thought about Hotaru and HN. What if Hotaru is the said step-daughter. The way HN is being cautious when bringing Hotaru into her room, as if Hotaru is someone that should not be roaming around in public for some reason. I don't think the event with the Japanese officer would be that serious for Hotaru to be in hiding. Maybe it is ok for her to be going out to read fortunes when WI is not in town. But now that even both him and the doctor are, perhaps it will be dangerous for Hotaru? Is she the stepdaughter that ran away with the stepmother? Since HN bore quite a number of scars, maybe the husband was not even nice to his daughter? And maybe this is where DM came into the picture. HN paid him to protect them but specifically left out details about Hotaru's background to keep her safe? Or does he actually know everything? I feel like having a field day for speculation today. Maybe I should channel it to my unfinished fiction awaiting plots' and characters' descriptions.

Ladies, I won't be around much to comment since I have less than two weeks to get myself ready for my road trip in SK. Never stop writings. Regardless of whether it's positive or negative review on the drama, stay to what matter to you most. If you love this drama and the story it unfolds, by all means embrace it. People have different views on many things. Take it as a way of learning to accept these differences, though you may not agree to them. But don't burden your mind and heart because of those differences. As long as you are clear of your preferences, the negativity should not bother you. We are living in a world of people with colourful personalities and minds. Sometime it's fun reading other thoughts that differ. It may open our eyes and minds onto things we never realise before. ^__^

I'll make sure to drop by from time to time to read your colorful reviews/observations.

Cheers!

P/S: And don't go hair-pulling war over these many nations: #DongMaeNation, #EugeneNation, #AeShinNation, #HinaNation, #HeeSungNation ...:tounge_xd:  

• Like 10

@miracle23 Good point on Hotaru, ever since (or perhaps earlier than that) LWI saw Hina's comfy relationship with DM, he's been taking notice on the latter and not discarding the swordman's potential threat to his plans. LWI was interested in marrying off HN again, Eugene of course, now cancelled from the list but Hee Sung seems like a good candidate, engaged or otherwise. Perhaps, while DM was in police custody, LWI came to know about Hotaru's whereabouts.

Photos: JWIDECOMPANY

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Seoulmemories said:

I would suggest you don't talk about the character that you dont like. I basically come into this show because of Dongmae. Have it not be him, I wouldn't watch this entire drama at all.

DM is a very sad character and doesn't need anybody else to step on him further.

Wow! Seriously? I usually talk more about characters that vex/irritate me because I hope to see them be better. Deal with it.

No one is disputing DM's sad past. Nevertheless, it does not excuse his shitty actions at all. 

Just because you only watch for Dong Mae dosn't mean every one has to step on egg shells around you. If you want to defend a character, come up with good reasoning. Don't be so condescending as to suggest that others don't even talk about said character.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@bedifferentI am sure those spring pics of the three dudes are from E16. It feels like some sort of page will turn by the end of E15 to get those three to smile when they're together. Seeing that cheesiness is an integral part of kdramas, I am fully expecting there to be a montage of sorts as each of the three guys watches the flowers and thinks about Ae Shin.

EC will most likely clear DM's name in E15, so I think there will be an increase of trust/respect from DM towards EC. As for HS, I think EC has softened considerably towards him, now that he has seen that HS is completely different from his parents and his evil grandfather. The engagement hanging like an albatross around Ae Shin's neck is sure to come up in E15 - I wonder if there will be any resolution to it or it will continue to drag on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Ahpheng Need a favor from you. Take a look at the comments accompanying this Instagram picture of The Three Stooges from Chungmuro Crumb. 

In the comments they're talking about some unofficial bts picture of a grand funeral at Ae shin's home. I don't have an instagram account and since your instagram profile is well known, I was hoping you would pop in the comments there and ask taeri_yeosin about the picture (and whose funeral it is supposed to be) and see if we can get a link to it here at this forum. Thanks in advance for the trouble.

• Like 3

@charray Thanks for the pics. Any idea in which episode this could be? This week's episodes or further down the line? If it is indeed the funeral of Ae Shin's grandfaher, I wonder how he dies - Lee Wan Ik's doing or he dies of natural causes.

If this drama was a Bollywood production/Indian TV soap , I could safely tell you right now, that burdened with guilt and obligation, Ae Shin will marry HS or at the very least, firmly decide to marry HS to honor the final wishes of her dead Grampa. Not that well versed with kdrama tropes, but seeing that tradition/obligations/family are a big thing in kdramas, a similar scenario can occur here too. Or maybe the mourning period further delays the marriage.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mistergenie said:

@charray Thanks for the pics. Any idea in which episode this could be? This week's episodes or further down the line? If it is indeed the funeral of Ae Shin's grandfaher, I wonder how he dies - Lee Wan Ik's doing or he dies of natural causes.

If this drama was a Bollywood production/Indian TV soap , I could safely tell you right now, that burdened with guilt and obligation, Ae Shin will marry HS or at the very least, firmly decide to marry HS to honor the final wishes of her dead Grampa. Not that well versed with kdrama tropes, but seeing that tradition/obligations/family are a big thing in kdramas, a similar scenario can occur here too. Or maybe the mourning period further delays the marriage.

@mistergenie

I dont want a scenario in which a grandfather forces a granddaughter to this marriage. He chose HS for a reason, but he does not know all the facts. After the tragic death of sons, you can see that he focuses his care and love for AS (orphan, she also has a suspicious origin - mother). He is a strict man but he allows her a lot of things. 

When she is stubborn and does not want to let go, he gives her the freedom to choose (gunnery - protection). I hope that he will eventually allow EC and AS relationship or will find a some solution in this period.

Of course, he must get to know him and find out what he did for his granddaughter and country.

He is thinking about the boy whom he met many years ago. It seems to me that he saw him many times (when he looked at the sky) and only this one time he came out of hiding because he was so interested in this slave boy (this is my personal feeling, such a thing is possible :)). He wonders what EC is doing now.

• Like 5

August 24, 2018

Jang Dong Yoon To Join “Mr. Sunshine”

Source: Soompi by by nature1010

Jang Dong Yoon To Join âMr. Sunshineâ

Actor Jang Dong Yoon will be joining the cast of “Mr. Sunshine.”

On August 24, a source from his agency Clover Company stated, “Jang Dong Yoon will be joining tvN’s ‘Mr. Sunshine’ and will appear starting in episode 16. Please look forward to it and give him a lot of support.” The actor will be taking on the role of Joon Young.

“Mr. Sunshine” is a historical drama set in 1871, and follows the story of Eugene Choi (played by Lee Byung Hun), a Korean-born American captain in the U.S. navy who returns to his homeland and falls in love with noblewoman Go Ae Sin (played by Kim Tae Ri).

Jang Dong Yoon made his debut through the web drama “Women Employees at a Game Company” in 2016. Since then, he has appeared in a variety of other dramas such as JTBC’s “Solomon’s Perjury,” KBS’s “School 2017” and “If We Were A Season,” as well as tvN’s “A Poem a Day.”

“Mr. Sunshine” airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

• Like 5

Theory

Maybe this funeral is at the end of the series. A respected leader and a man dies in 1905. EC and AS come to the funeral from USA (message, travel - 7 days in this period?). Grandfather is the end of a certain era. Granddaughter is a symbol of the new generation that will survive.

• Like 1