Quantcast
Jump to content
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, mistymorning said:

New article about upcoming episode, again translation by me, so bear with quality. Thank you.

 

from http://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1S3HXQO830

 

'Mr. Sunshine' Lee ByungHun-Kim Taeri-Kim Gabsoo, meeting between 3 by cruel fate.

 

Spoiler

 

Reporter: Choi JooRi | 2018-08-25 08:08:07

 

'Mr Sunshine' LBH-KTR-KGS will have confrontation in twisted fate this weekend.

 

LBH, KTR, and KGS each plays Eugene Choi, who was born as a slave, fled to US to become marine captain, Go Aeshin who is the 'Aegissi' from the most novel family in Joseon, and Hwang Eunsan who's the leader of Righteous Army in tvN Sat/Sun drama. Eugene and Aeshin shares affections, and Eunsan is the one who helped Eugene to escape to US, so all 3 share special relationship.

 

From last episode, Eugene Choi(LBH) was shocked to find out that RA(group that his lover Go Aeshin, and his savior Eunsan belong to) sent out a sniper to kill him. Eugene had found secret of RA inadvertently during his investigation on missionary Joseph's death, thru mails from Hamgyung province. This put pressure on Lee JungMoon(Kang Sinil), thus he ordered Eunsan to eliminate Eugene. Eunsan ordered Aeshin to kill anyone who cross the river. Later we see Eugene crossing frozen river, foreshadowing the upcoming conflict.

 

In episode 15, on 25th(today), stills show that LBH and KGS confronting each other in explosive situation and KTR far way aims her gun. Eugene and Eunsan gazing each other on the log bridge toward the klin site, usually smiling Eugene when he meets Eunsan with cold gaze, Eunsan with sharp look. Meanwhile Aeshin is looking at them thru snifer rifle sight, all these stills force us to wonder how their tragic fates will become.

 

In LBH, KTR and KGS's klin site confrontation, the most important thing is the emotions between Eugene who's been threatened with death, Eunsan who ordered killing even after knowing Eugene's good intentions, and Aeshin who's been ordered by Eunsan. All 3, including LBH and KGS who's looking at each other, and KTR who's not close but needs to focus on the other 2's movement, gather together to adjust their lines and actings again and again.

 

 

LBH and KGS played their heightened feelings with superb acting, making whole staff in the shooting to hold their breaths collectively. KTR also performed strong completed the whole scene.

 

Production said "Aeshin and Eunsan are the 2 most important people to Eugene after he came to Joseon, thus making this situation heart-breaking to Eugene", "Please check out today's episode(25th) 15, to see how Eugene will navigate future after he gets hurt by lover and rescuer".

 

'Mr Sunshine' episode 15 will air on 25th(today) night 9 PM.

/reporter Choi JooRi sestar@sedaily.com 

 

출처 : http://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1S3HXQO830

 

Ok, I did all this to share the bold line. 

after he gets hurt by lover and rescuer

 

I hope this is just misleading statement and EC will not be hurt. After his heart is broken by Joseph's death, this is too cruel. :cry:

 

 

Thanks so much @mistymorning for the article highlight and wonderful translation, you've always provided us with good info, we can't thank you enough. I believe Eugene was not injured physically but clearly he's hurting inside, just like the 9-year boy who fled Joseon years back. But he'll probably get over the hurt, if they'd all talk it out as everyone is on the same side. He knew, even as an American, he's never safe in Joseon yet the latest incident would obviously erase the sense of belonging that he's starting to feel.. it'll take more to convince him now, who's more cautious than ever. So cruel, so complicated..

 

I'm not sure what papers were being burned (shown in captures below) -- the RA letters that Eugene found or the letters between him and Ae Shin? :sweatingbullets:

 

Source: Newstown

 

337961_229490_527.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@rubie thank you for the kind words. For EC's hurt, KES better wrote something really convincing to make me understand her putting burdens on him again and again. ( I feel like I'm his mother :P)

 

For the burning letters, I see post office stamps - Eugene and Aeshin's letter didn't go thru post office - , so more than likely they are those mails found in room 205, from Hamgyung Province.

 

The thing is RA showed that it's a group( including LJM and Emperor) that could not protect Joseph whose only intention was to help and later even if Eugene helps them out again, there's no guarantee that RA will protect Eugene. Under Emperor and LJM, is RA trying to build a nation where slave and butcher can live? LJM showed that just because Eugene rejected King's offer, LJM thought that EC's against the Joseon.  The group as itself right now I don't think it deserves Eugene's help. 

 

So, RA needs to change, and I hope KES has that in mind for part 2. Looking forward to tomorrow's episode!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another still of the trio posted by LBH agency. 

 

@mistymorning  Thank you for your translation of the article. Like you, I would be very sad for Eugene if he is hurt by Ae Shin. He can’t even have the little happiness that he has found with Ae Shin for a while longer. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, mistymorning said:

@rubie thank you for the kind words. For EC's hurt, KES better wrote something really convincing to make me understand her putting burdens on him again and again. ( I feel like I'm his mother :P)

 

For the burning letters, I see post office stamps - Eugene and Aeshin's letter didn't go thru post office - , so more than likely they are those mails found in room 205, from Hamgyung Province.

 

The thing is RA showed that it's a group( including LJM and Emperor) that could not protect Joseph whose only intention was to help and later even if Eugene helps them out again, there's no guarantee that RA will protect Eugene. Under Emperor and LJM, is RA trying to build a nation where slave and butcher can live? LJM showed that just because Eugene rejected King's offer, LJM thought that EC's against the Joseon.  The group as itself right now I don't think it deserves Eugene's help. 

 

So, RA needs to change, and I hope KES has that in mind for part 2. Looking forward to tomorrow's episode!


Thanks a lot mistymorning for the translation. 

As for recap, there's no need to go to DB for that. i know that it's good to read differing thoughts regarding the drama itself, but DB's content has 0 depth and understanding regarding the essence of this drama. For those who can read chinese, weibo is a good source of in depth review that really captured what the writer tried to convey through dialogue and screenplay. 

It seems that, this week, both EC and AS will be at odd with each other again as Joseon affair has meddled with their relationship. HS might find out about their relationship and the story behind EC 's childhood (someone posted it HS will find out) and how badly his family had treated them back then. Hence the sobbing scene of HS saw in trailer, and most probably lead him to call off the engagement. 

AS 's grandpa death? EP 16? I hope there would be some warm moments amid all the bad happenings. 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder where EC burn the letter/document. From the preview I saw he sat in front of traditional house, could be at the potter house? I think it is the same house where EC visited him and asked to spend the night there. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @kansas424, your first post at MR.SUNSHINE.. welcome to our abode! :lol:Hope more will find their way too, and talk about the drama here. Admittedly it's not always easy discussing about this particular KES drama, but all of us are enjoying it the best we can and sharing (English) info, pics & videos are much better here than anywhere else, in my opinion.

 

Thanks very much for the tip about Hee Sung, I've been wondering if he had stopped questioning his parents about Eugene by simply ignoring about it. So, he will still find out what really happened to EC's parents but even though the latter has found his closure (revenge on LSE), it'll be HS feeling the burden of regret now. Ohh.. I think we can see now how KES saving her trump card and bringing it up the 'conflict' at the right time. ;)

 

@mistymorning, that's a relief that those are not Eugene-Ae Shin's letters. They might drift apart(?) a bit but there's no need to go to the extremes. Just a little lovers' spat as they say. :mellow:The RA letters and the Emperor's letters have all been the source of disasters so far. So much for the confidentiality and privacy of the sender & recipient. It's so scary as nothing is safe at all. The problem with the RA and LJM against Eugene & vice-versa, all of them were thinking only from their point of view and not quite for the bigger picture of the nation itself. But then, this is what history is all about, to learn from mistakes and not repeat them. Hopefully.

 

Individual pics from tvN

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG i think my heart cant take it if AS hurt EC.. Why oh why EC cant take a break KES? 

And it just me or the time really moves slowly during saturday? :cry: the wait i just cant... 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I log in today and find some great discussions, funny strips and some good pics of the upcoming episodes. I am lucky to have found this forum.

 

@AhphengYour C-strips are the best. They're a great combination of hilarious, heartwarming and unapologetically romantic.

 

@mistymorningThank you for the article and your translation. It is much, much appreciated. Like you, I am now quite wary of this supposed hurt to EC that may occur at the hands of the potter and  Ae Shin respectively. But, a part of me is looking forward to the disagreement with the potter because I feel like the RA needs to appreciate Eugene a bit more rather than trying to discard him like a pawn. It is the hurt that may come from Ae Shin that troubles me - over the course of the past three episodes, it has felt like their love has been getting more stronger and solidified. I hope any disagreement/hurt is temporary.

 

@kansas424Thank you for those tidbits regaridng HS finding out about EC's childhood trauma at the hands of his family.

 

@rubie Those stills of Ae Shin pointing the gun are so beautiful. She looks stunning in that pose.

 

He knew, even as an American, he's never safe in Joseon yet the latest incident would obviously erase the sense of belonging that he's starting to feel.. it'll take more to convince him now, who's more cautious than ever. So cruel, so complicated..

 

Good thoughts. We know Ae Shin is not going to shoot him but I am most curious about the stance she will take in this confrontation at the kiln site. So far, she hasn't let on too many details about her missions to Eugene and  to see Eugene coming in and maybe confronting the potter regarding details about the RA way of functioning will be a sort of shock for her.  Maybe Eugene wants to be let in on the RA's future plans and the potter rejects his proposal and Ae Shin stands with his decision . Eugene himself may not see it that way but for all we know, Ae Shin may not want him more involved in the RA, not because she agrees with the potter, but simply because she loves Eugene and feels the need to protect him from getting too involved and thereby placing his life in danger.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, rubie said:

Hi @kansas424, your first post at MR.SUNSHINE.. welcome to our abode! :lol:Hope more will find their way too, and talk about the drama here. Admittedly it's not always easy discussing about this particular KES drama, but all of us are enjoying it the best we can and sharing (English) info, pics & videos are much better here than anywhere else, in my opinion.

 

Thanks very much for the tip about Hee Sung, I've been wondering if he had stopped questioning his parents about Eugene by simply ignoring about it. So, he will still find out what really happened to EC's parents but even though the latter has found his closure (revenge on LSE), it'll be HS feeling the burden of regret now. Ohh.. I think we can see now how KES saving her trump card and bringing it up the 'conflict' at the right time. ;)

 

Individual pics from tvN

Thanks Rubie, i have been spectator of this forum for the past months now, and i thoroughly enjoy it

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mistergenie, come to think of it.. in Eugene's own words, RA is a clumsy organization and Ae Shin is a part of it yet she doesn't know any of the members except for Gunner Jang. If I remember correctly, in ep14, EC was finally connecting the dots on how the bakery, apothecary, HongPa were all part of RA when he was confronted by DM's men in the alley. Perhaps, with Joseph's death and how it's been ill-treated by the Emperor/LJM/RA, perhaps it's time for Eugene to shake up the whole situation? I think it's all coming together for EC when he was interrogating Jeon Seung Jae (the shooter) that he has to do something, sensing something wrong with RA's plan. Knowing from it's a huge risk of course, and that AS is an experienced sniper, it's the only chance Eugene has at that moment. Well, I'm speculating of course. 

 

I agree that it does look like Ae Shin wanted to 'protect' Eugene by not telling him about her sniper jobs. But EC always has a way of knowing, one way or the other, things always come back to him. I mean they knew about each other's situation but wanted so hard not to interfere that in the end, it's always something connected and 'biting' both of them. It will only get messier if they don't straighten things out.

 

 

More pics from tvN feat. Hi Na and Hee Sung, he's a mellow piano-playing guy~

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, rubie said:

@mistergenie, come to think of it.. in Eugene's own words, RA is a clumsy organization and Ae Shin is a part of it yet she doesn't know any of the members except for Gunner Jang. If I remember correctly, in ep14, EC was finally connecting the dots on how the bakery, apothecary, HongPa were all part of RA when he was confronted by DM's men in the alley. Perhaps, with Joseph's death and how it's been ill-treated by the Emperor/LJM/RA, perhaps it's time for Eugene to shake up the whole situation? I think it's all coming together for EC when he was interrogating Jeon Seung Jae (the shooter) that he has to do something, sensing something wrong with RA's plan. Knowing from it's a huge risk of course, and that AS is an experienced sniper, it's the only chance Eugene has at that moment. Well, I'm speculating of course. 

 

I agree that it does look like Ae Shin wanted to 'protect' Eugene by not telling him about her sniper jobs. But EC always has a way of knowing, one way or the other, things always come back to him. I mean they knew about each other's situation but wanted so hard not to interfere that in the end, it's always something connected and 'biting' both of them. It will only get messier if they don't straighten things out.

 

 

 

Some great points again. Eugene interfering in RA's plan, wanting a part in their missions may very well turn out to be his way of protecting Ae Shin because he believes that RA's clumsiness could eventually get her killed.

 

It will only get messier if they don't straighten things out.

IMHO, Eugene has been the one slowly and steadily walking towards the flame( Ae Shin).

It is Ae Shin who needs to take one more step forward here. Trust Eugene completely and keep him in the loop.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL @Ahpheng, if AS shoot the writer.. then, we'll never know the ending! th_no2.gif :P

 

Once they've patched things up (assuming nothing too serious after tonight's confrontation) Eugene and Ae Shin should set these two up. :rolleyes: Miss Nam Jong (Ae Shin's tutor) might be smitten at first sight of Kyle but I think Gwan Soo suits her more, speaking English together on their dates. :lol:

 

Silk colors for my Lady, wait a minute!

 

mrsun13_03.gif

 

She loves me, she loves me not!

 

mrsun13_04.gif

  • Like 3
  • LOL 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will watch Episode 15 in a few hours but all the spoilers out there on instagram are making me smile like crazy.

@Ahphengis going to go on a creative overdrive with the C-strips. I can already feel it. Looking forward to those.

  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh dear.. I think we were wrong with the speculations th_bricks.gif but phew! So wrong in a good way.. for now! AS didn't shoot anyone.. certainly not EC and it looks like she gave a piece of her mind to ES after that sniper job. EC finally gave his parent (Joseph) a decent and respectful burial, it shows that he's finally content to be able to perform his duty as a son. Well.. what comes next.. everyone have and will watch it soon. :wub: Darn those previews.. they never convey the episodes correctly and we're happy they don't! :lol: But wait.. ep16 preview is something else.. :huh: :sweatingbullets: Eugene asking for Ae Shin's hand from Lord Go.. can that even be?

 

Thank you goblin_mrsunshine for the clips, we really appreciate them a lot ~

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @rubie and fans of Mr Sunshine, just dropping by to give a tidbit of information :)

 

Three weeks ago, singer Hwang Chi Yeul on Vlive told his fans he had recorded an OST for a drama but he was not allowed to say the title of the drama. Later in an instagram, he gave a hint and so we fans of  his made a guess, and  waited .. and waited .. until ep 15 today, during the scene showing Joseph's funeral:

 

 

https://tv.naver.com/v/3898727

from 01:20 onwards 

 

All the best to the drama!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being married might give AS more freedom in carrying her activities as a freedom fighter and maybe even a better cover up. But if this is the case, whose name can help her more? Eugene or the young master?

 

Some days ago, there were some discussions about AS going to Shanghai. Last episode, Eugene seems to have discovered that Joseph's destination was Shanghai and now he knows, I think, that one of the four friends in the photo is here. (He also asked AS if she knows what the guys in the photo meant about the plum flower.)

 

On the other hand, it is clear that somebody needs to do bring the money to the guy in Shanghai to buy more guns for the RA. If this is correct, somebody has to travel to Shanghai. If AS has to do it, it is easier for her to travel as a married woman. It might be even easier to travel as Eugene's wife.

 

But this is just speculation.

 

I liked the despair in Eugene's hug of AS. It shows that in a way, for him, she is the only one keeping him sane. I also loved that he thought of taking the burden of shooting him from her. When he offered the gun to the potter, he put the responsibility of the shooting on the potter. That was cleverly done.

 

Some questions: When will Eugene start taking revenge on LWI? he knows that he is responsible for Joseph's death. I'm also wondering what Dong Mae will do with the new information about Eugene's origins. 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...