Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Just read on China Weibo that the last day of filming was slated for 26 Aug but not sure if the current typhoon will cause delays. In any case, they should really be in the last stage of filming.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@mistergenie  I think below are the BTS pictures that they are talking about and speculating to be  filming the funeral of Ae Shin’s Grandfather.

F0698C47-A04D-4DC3-9983-06D78CCFB1E8_zps

EB66092E-FA87-47C3-BBA1-6956CCBC8EA0_zps

0A8F7C31-C38A-498D-B989-D785E73C0B35_zps

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

@charray Thanks for the pics. Any idea in which episode this could be? This week's episodes or further down the line? If it is indeed the funeral of Ae Shin's grandfaher, I wonder how he dies - Lee Wan Ik's doing or he dies of natural causes.

If this drama was a Bollywood production/Indian TV soap , I could safely tell you right now, that burdened with guilt and obligation, Ae Shin will marry HS or at the very least, firmly decide to marry HS to honor the final wishes of her dead Grampa. Not that well versed with kdrama tropes, but seeing that tradition/obligations/family are a big thing in kdramas, a similar scenario can occur here too. Or maybe the mourning period further delays the marriage.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mistergenie said:

@charray Thanks for the pics. Any idea in which episode this could be? This week's episodes or further down the line? If it is indeed the funeral of Ae Shin's grandfaher, I wonder how he dies - Lee Wan Ik's doing or he dies of natural causes.

If this drama was a Bollywood production/Indian TV soap , I could safely tell you right now, that burdened with guilt and obligation, Ae Shin will marry HS or at the very least, firmly decide to marry HS to honor the final wishes of her dead Grampa. Not that well versed with kdrama tropes, but seeing that tradition/obligations/family are a big thing in kdramas, a similar scenario can occur here too. Or maybe the mourning period further delays the marriage.

@mistergenie

I dont want a scenario in which a grandfather forces a granddaughter to this marriage. He chose HS for a reason, but he does not know all the facts. After the tragic death of sons, you can see that he focuses his care and love for AS (orphan, she also has a suspicious origin - mother). He is a strict man but he allows her a lot of things. 

When she is stubborn and does not want to let go, he gives her the freedom to choose (gunnery - protection). I hope that he will eventually allow EC and AS relationship or will find a some solution in this period.

Of course, he must get to know him and find out what he did for his granddaughter and country.

He is thinking about the boy whom he met many years ago. It seems to me that he saw him many times (when he looked at the sky) and only this one time he came out of hiding because he was so interested in this slave boy (this is my personal feeling, such a thing is possible :)). He wonders what EC is doing now.

• Like 5

August 24, 2018

Jang Dong Yoon To Join “Mr. Sunshine”

Source: Soompi by by nature1010

Jang Dong Yoon To Join âMr. Sunshineâ

Actor Jang Dong Yoon will be joining the cast of “Mr. Sunshine.”

On August 24, a source from his agency Clover Company stated, “Jang Dong Yoon will be joining tvN’s ‘Mr. Sunshine’ and will appear starting in episode 16. Please look forward to it and give him a lot of support.” The actor will be taking on the role of Joon Young.

“Mr. Sunshine” is a historical drama set in 1871, and follows the story of Eugene Choi (played by Lee Byung Hun), a Korean-born American captain in the U.S. navy who returns to his homeland and falls in love with noblewoman Go Ae Sin (played by Kim Tae Ri).

Jang Dong Yoon made his debut through the web drama “Women Employees at a Game Company” in 2016. Since then, he has appeared in a variety of other dramas such as JTBC’s “Solomon’s Perjury,” KBS’s “School 2017” and “If We Were A Season,” as well as tvN’s “A Poem a Day.”

“Mr. Sunshine” airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

• Like 5

a6LH85X.jpgxOmOBeW.jpg@mistergenie you can just open an IG account without posting anything and yet able to post comments and like any posts. I am not a follower of the account you mentioned and I am not sure whether she will answer my question, thankfully @charray helped to post the pictures you requested , thank you charray. 
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Theory

Maybe this funeral is at the end of the series. A respected leader and a man dies in 1905. EC and AS come to the funeral from USA (message, travel - 7 days in this period?). Grandfather is the end of a certain era. Granddaughter is a symbol of the new generation that will survive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rubie said:

On August 24, a source from his agency Clover Company stated, “Jang Dong Yoon will be joining tvN’s ‘Mr. Sunshine’ and will appear starting in episode 16. Please look forward to it and give him a lot of support.” The actor will be taking on the role of Joon Young.

Any ideas on who this Joon Young character will be? I have read speculation that he is son of Song Yeong ( the RA member in Shanghai, one of the four in the pic with Ae Shin's father). Another speculation is that he is the King's son but his name points at the first scenario being more plausible.  Thoughts?

22 minutes ago, aurelionsol said:

Theory

Maybe this funeral is at the end of the series. A respected leader and a man dies in 1905. EC and AS come to the funeral from USA (message, travel - 7 days in this period?). Grandfather is the end of a certain era. The granddaughter is a symbol of the new generation that will survive.

Do we know for sure if this funeral BTS is from filming long done or is it part of the final filming that has been going on recently?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mistergenie said:

Any ideas on who this Joon Young character will be? I have read speculation that he is son of Song Yeong ( the RA member in Shanghai, one of the four in the pic with Ae Shin's father). Another speculation is that he is the King's son but his name points at the first scenario being more plausible.  Thoughts?

Do we know for sure if this funeral BTS is from filming long done or is it part of the final filming that has been going on recently?

It's hard for me to answer this question, if certain scenes were made earlier and now they finish filming. They can throw old shot scenes or new ones. Intentional misleading and maintaining viewers' curiosity with this series. 

As you can see it works. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mistergenie said:

I'm not familiar with the actor and have no idea on who his character, Joon Young will be. But I think he probably has started filming for awhile now and will be seen soon in the upcoming episodes. The news saying he's going to join the drama sounds a bit misleading when the production had already halfway past the broadcast. One of your scenarios might be correct. Hopefully someone can enlighten us, that would be much appreciated.

Although it's quite expected, Lord Go's death would likely make things more complicated for Ae Shin and her family as he's been the well-known, respected patriarch and protector. But it could also be a blessing in disguise, as in more freedom(?) for AS. The filming could be recently done (looking at the weather indication, perhaps). If it was done awhile ago, the pics may have been 'leaked' much earlier. Sometimes the fans can really get their hands on the unseen production stills...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hmm, 

I think I realized how EC and AS can get engaged. This theory is very funny :)

If I'm right, I feel sorry for EC. He will have a difficult conversation with Grandpa. Kyle and American soldiers will be witnessing this funny scene. I hope that the writers will go in this direction. Let it happen...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mistergenie said:

I have no idea either. I first saw those pictures in Twitter and then in Weibo but everyone seems to be speculating which episodes would the scenes appear in. 

• Like 4

New article about upcoming episode, again translation by me, so bear with quality. Thank you.

from http://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1S3HXQO830

'Mr. Sunshine' Lee ByungHun-Kim Taeri-Kim Gabsoo, meeting between 3 by cruel fate.

Reporter: Choi JooRi | 2018-08-25 08:08:07

'Mr Sunshine' LBH-KTR-KGS will have confrontation in twisted fate this weekend.

LBH, KTR, and KGS each plays Eugene Choi, who was born as a slave, fled to US to become marine captain, Go Aeshin who is the 'Aegissi' from the most novel family in Joseon, and Hwang Eunsan who's the leader of Righteous Army in tvN Sat/Sun drama. Eugene and Aeshin shares affections, and Eunsan is the one who helped Eugene to escape to US, so all 3 share special relationship.

‘미스터 션샤인’ 이병헌-김태리-김갑수, ‘가혹한 운명’의 삼자대면

From last episode, Eugene Choi(LBH) was shocked to find out that RA(group that his lover Go Aeshin, and his savior Eunsan belong to) sent out a sniper to kill him. Eugene had found secret of RA inadvertently during his investigation on missionary Joseph's death, thru mails from Hamgyung province. This put pressure on Lee JungMoon(Kang Sinil), thus he ordered Eunsan to eliminate Eugene. Eunsan ordered Aeshin to kill anyone who cross the river. Later we see Eugene crossing frozen river, foreshadowing the upcoming conflict.

In episode 15, on 25th(today), stills show that LBH and KGS confronting each other in explosive situation and KTR far way aims her gun. Eugene and Eunsan gazing each other on the log bridge toward the klin site, usually smiling Eugene when he meets Eunsan with cold gaze, Eunsan with sharp look. Meanwhile Aeshin is looking at them thru sniper rifle scope, all these stills force us to wonder how their tragic fates will become.

In LBH, KTR and KGS's klin site confrontation, the most important thing is the emotions between Eugene who's been threatened with death, Eunsan who ordered killing even after knowing Eugene's good intentions, and Aeshin who's been ordered by Eunsan. All 3, including LBH and KGS who's looking at each other, and KTR who's not close but needs to focus on the other 2's movement, gather together to adjust their lines and actings again and again.

LBH and KGS played their heightened feelings with superb acting, making whole staff in the shooting to hold their breaths collectively. KTR also performed strong completed the whole scene.

Production said "Aeshin and Eunsan are the 2 most important people to Eugene after he came to Joseon, thus making this situation heart-breaking to Eugene", "Please check out today's episode(25th) 15, to see how Eugene will navigate future after he gets hurt by lover and rescuer".

'Mr Sunshine' episode 15 will air on 25th(today) night 9 PM.

/reporter Choi JooRi sestar@sedaily.com 

출처 : http://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1S3HXQO830

Ok, I did all this to share the bold line. 

after he gets hurt by lover and rescuer

I hope this is just misleading statement and EC will not be hurt. After his heart is broken by Joseph's death, this is too cruel. :cry:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3