[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

23 minutes ago, butterflyeffect said:

Sorry I should’ve been more specific, I meant this episode when he rudely told her to leave the meeting room because it’s no place for a bodyguard. But when she left he had a weird expression.. it wasn’t angry. Also the pool scene didn’t read as angry to me either. 

Actually, it did seem strange to me that a bodyguard was allowed to attend crucial corporate meetings (like the meeting during which the chairman put Namshin on standby and announced his wedding)... :huh: :lol:

Page 100, dear chingudeul! :blush:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

I knew already he liked her and that is why he punched her. He was hurt and doesn't know how to express himself. 

May we be protected from people who are hurt and don't know how to express themselves. I wouldn't want to receive that kind of "attention" from any guy. Sorry but physical violence is not liking someone, it's aggression. And he didn't like her back then. He didn't care about her or any other girls, as it was made clear in the beginning of the episode. I almost cried when they showed his story of abuse with grandpa, and I want a happy ending for him, but he has an ugly record with So Bong. And now, not only he is kidnapping her beloved NS3, but is also taking his time to go into the cinema just to make a fool of So Bong. This is cruelty. I get that some people might not like the robot-human love story, but supporting an abuser as boyfriend is a big NO for me. Maybe after NS redeems himself and proves he is a good person and can be a good boyfriend, I would support him dating any girl; for now I think no girl out there deserves that (not even Ye Na, and she is not an angel).

Well, after watching the episode I don't know what to think. Honestly I have no idea which direction they will take with the story. I feel very sad for NS3 because despite his development he seems so vulnerable and helpless. :tears: He depends on that company and those people who are playing with him like a toy. He's still being too obedient, he should completely rebel and escape, put that mind of his to work. Likely things could get better if they take down grandpa, but then, we have Nam Shin who might still want to get rid of NS3. I pity Oh Ro Ra now because she screwed up big time with creating a robot copy of her son, and now everyone is suffering, and she is not going to find peace.

2 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

Actually, it did seem strange to me that a bodyguard was allowed to attend crucial corporate meetings (like the meeting during which the chairman put Namshin on standby and announced his wedding)... :huh: :lol:

That one they explained. They told her she is a witness (of m car mishap) so she needs to come. The rest lol yeah I don't understand

33 minutes ago, Muh Fadlan said:

She was with NS3 all the time. She knew something was off, that's why she changed her attention towards Nam Shin. 

Yup, my thoughts exactly!!! She did sense something wasn't right...

just like I did when I noticed he was wearing a different sweater :lol: 

i really dont understand the real NS.he has bigger problems like seo , his father's case, his mum, his grandpa..but why is he try to prove KSB to she cant tell the difference.

i can understand if he can hate NS3 but why is he making time for mere bodyguard to prove she is wrong.he should working on his problems...

he knows that the most precious for NS3 is KSB. that means he can have the others.

NS3 only wants KSB.

Happy 100 pages guys! Whaaa episode 14 was mind-blowing! 

Honestly,  nothing can justify human Nam Shin's behaviour towards other people. However I think I understand him a little bit more after this episode. All his life he must have felt suffocated. He was constantly threatened by his grandfather like: "If you try to escape I will find your mother first and then you will regret it"... How hard must have been... How lonely... He was literally helpless all this time. The first scenes of the episode clearly shown this. He couldn't be himself... He probably doesn't even know what he is like. He is constantly wearing masks. He is lying because it is his defense mechanism. He is angry with mom because he didn't have anyone who could replace her. And yet she made a robot to feel less lonely. When he was all alone. He is angry with Young Hoon because he was confused when it comes to Shin III. Even Ye Na was confused...  He has problems with self-esteem and this whole thing just made him more furious. And that's why he is taking out on everybody. I pity him. I truly pity him. I know he can be mean to other adults but why treat Hee Dong so badly? Can't he see that this child is in a very similar position to his when he was young? I know he hates his aunt. But Hee Dong did nothing wrong. He is constantly mistreated by grandfater who thinks he is weak. Can't he see that? Seriously, grandfather is such a toxic person. He ruined lives of all his family members. Living with such person can damage you forever even if you are fighting hard to be different. But... without realizing, in extreme situations you start to behave just like people you detest the  most... That's why I think he is rather tragic character. But once again, it doesn't justify his cruel actions towards others. He has to trust one person who on top of that has to truly belive in him and break his walls he was building all these years. And it won't be easy. I hope he won't turn into a villain in this show. I really have no idea what will happen next...

I hope NS3 will be introduced as one independent. 

I hope NS3 will make an official entrance to the office. He can just introduce himself as NS twin or indeed as a robot. It will be suck if NS gets all the praise for what NS3 has done. Yes, he came as a substitute, we knew that. But the fact that NS don't thank at all for what he is getting, make me feel he doesn't deserve any help. 

I know, it is like taking what someone else has, but hey, NS3 did more for the company in short time than NS did in all his life as CEO. (I am assuming, but I believe it is true based on what his workers said). 

Anyway, for me, this might be "the late show" from Seo Jong Gil. He can easily get rid of Nam Shin now, but he chose to be low profile in recent episode. He knew, if he get rid of Nam Shin, he still needs to fight against the Robot, which is definetely harder. For me, this is really smart move from him. 

I like and respect Ji Young-Hoon. I feel as if he is an honest broker.

However I just don't understand his selfless motivations.

I'm not talking about his lack of interest in taking the reins of the company.  I believe him when he says seeing power up close has killed his appetite for it.

What I don't understand is his lack of personal ambition. Developing friends or a lover.  All Ji Young-Hoon's attention seems to be focused on Sin welfare. 

If this were a 1930s-1940s movie JYH would be the loyal secretary who was always in love with her bad boss but was never noticed by him and never reveal herself.  At some point the boss find a woman to love and the secretary continues by his side, protecting him but never risking the relationship they have by having the boss recognize she is human being who loves him more than as a boss or friend.

Wow so many questions.

1) when did NS switch with robo? It couldn’t have been during piano scene cause it looked like it was robo since he was looking up how to play piano. So I’m thinking it was either before the movie theater or when he went to get napkins. 

2) What movie was playing? There was scene if necklace that reminded me of Sb giving her necklace to robo. Just if maybe this movie has some similiarities with the show and possibly any hints to how the ending will be,

3) how come seo hasn’t targeted Sb yet? He threatened YN and he is manipulating NS. But I am curious if he is oblivious to SB like thinks she doesn’t know about roboshin and that’s why he hasn’t targeted her?

4) what’s the story of Jung woo aka NSs dad? First I thought seo murdered him, but now it seems like he did it on grandpas order? Was shins death on grandpas order too then?

I'm finally getting around to watching episode 14, and crazy grandpa is confusing me to no end. I need your help. Did I get this right:

Spoiler

Did the grandfather threaten NS by saying something along the lines of "... if you can't gamble or get into fights or do drugs like other rich kids do, you won't pay for it, YH will?" In other words he will punish YH is NS doesn't act spoilt and crazy? This seems too bad to true. It can't be, right? What kind of evil is this?

Just finished ep 14 and i feel so bad for NS. What an awful life he's had and to make matters worse he's being compared to a robot, not a living thing but a "robot". Yes we can all say that the robot is more humane than NS but what is humane? I would like to share my personal view on this topic. I have brothers who are twins and i would always love comparing them to each other, one of them is better than the other in everything they do soccer, school, making friends. In soccer he's the best + he always has the highest grade + he has more friends. I would say "why is your brother so much better in school you need to step up your game" or "why do people always ask for your brother but never you" he would always just smile at me or shrug me off. One day he just snapped and went into a rage so me and my mom had a heart to heart talk with him. He had also been acting out lately, picking fights with me, breaking stuff, hurting his brother and so on and on. He told us that he hated how everyone around him compares him to his twin, he yelled at our mom asking why is he (his twin brother) so much better than him in everything, and he told us that he wished he wasn't born. It broke my heart hearing this and i've never felt so bad in my life. my brothers are only 12 and one of them already has had enough of living. So i can fully understand why NS is acting the way he does, if there was no NS3 and he reunited with his mother he would have most definitely changed for the better but since there's this robot who seems to better than him in every single way possible of course it would triggers some nasty "Human" emotions. 

They were watching an old movie "The Classic" ...saw Son Ye Jin in it.

Anyway, NS's obsession to get SB is kinda scary. Does he believe she is the key to solve all his problems? From what he told Yena & NS3 it was 'fun' to mess around with SB but what's the use? SB is totally not in power to control PK Group... she was merely there to help Ji and she cares a lot about NS3. 

Some thoughts from episode 14:

- NS has his own personal human robot: Ye Na who, interestingly, is to him what NS3 is to So Bong. She'll drop everything for him. She's overridden parental authority and do as she pleases just for the sake of NS. She is very protective of NS, there isn't something she won't do for him, pretty much like NS3 for SB. She'll go up against anything that threatens him. I didn't expect this analogy. Both are doing it out of puppy love (and robot puppy love).

- I dislike the grandpa more and more. He is the true villain of the series, in my opinion. 

- My mind keeps drifting to (Amazon) Alexa while watching this episode. When will she hold conversations like NS3 does? I can't wait!

- On how NS was able to kidnap NS3: manual control. 

So many things happened during the last 2 episodes but what brought the most impact to me was seeing SKJ cry whether as NS3 (in ep 13) or Human Shin (in ep 14). He looks so good with the tears lol. Maybe I like guys who cry in dramas?

Right now the person who's suffering the MOST is DR OH! Meeting her son after 20 long years in a horrible car accident. The anger felt about his murder attempt and anxiety during his comatose only to be rejected by him when he recovered! She's heartbroken to see him behaving like that! :dissapointed_relieved:

Which is why she's sick due to stress from NS's antagonistic behaviour. Hopefully not to a state of depression.:o

Who else but she, a neuro scientist would know BETTER why NS is rejecting her and hating NS3 and she's in a dilemma! She must be regretting her creation of NS3. As she wasn't in contact with NS, she wasn't aware of his maladjusted behaviour at all. Least of all she didn't even expect him to look for her! B)

What NS needs now is psychiatric help.:bawling:

All I gotta say is... if that is NS in manual mode choking out SB, there is no way for me to root for him as end game. That better be director Seo stumbling onto the manual control watch. It will ruin this series for me if it is him and they try to rationalize two counts of physical violence on the girl.

2 hours ago, MJza said:

They were watching an old movie "The Classic" ...saw Son Ye Jin in it.

Anyway, NS's obsession to get SB is kinda scary. Does he believe she is the key to solve all his problems? From what he told Yena & NS3 it was 'fun' to mess around with SB but what's the use? SB is totally not in power to control PK Group... she was merely there to help Ji and she cares a lot about NS3. 

Thank you chingu. So I looked up the movie and some similiarities

• actress plays two different characters (like how in our show There are two NS)
  • actress gives necklace to guy like how SB did to shin (quote from wiki summary: Before they separate, Joo-hee gives him a necklace, which he keeps close as a precious reminder of their time together.
  • “Unfortunately, as often happens in affairs of the heart, a third party prevents any deepening of their relationship”; funny how this movie is shown after real NS wakes up and happens to be one replaced in movie theater aka he’s the third party?
  • ”when Ji-hye pensively reveals her mother's story to him, tears stream down his face. Silently he lifts a necklace from around his neck and places it around hers. It is the necklace that Ji-hye's mother, Joo-hee, had given to Joon-ha when they met. The circle is completed: Joo-hee's daughter and Joon-ha's son have fallen in love.” So I’m taking a stretch here, but is it possible that roboshin will give the necklace to NS and he will be one with SB in the end? Trust me I want Roboshin and SB together. But maybe some hybrid human robot is gonna be our happy ending?

Guest dramacf

I guess I'm the only one with the opinion that Young Hoon though he has good intentions towards NS, his flaw is that he's being an enabler for the terrible things that NS does cos in that scene after he was struck by the grandpa when he told NS, it's okay; to me Young Hoon is implying it's okay, no biggie...I understand you, do whatever you please something like that... and so NS continues to do as he pleases...Remember the convo he once had with NS3 that he's used to it which means he's used to being struck for a number of times cos of NS mistakes/misdemeanors...

Also, from the team meeting one of the staff told NS that thanks to him (basically him -- NS3's analysis) they were able to resolve the M-Car hacking issue which means that NS3 was able to tinker with the car and analyzed the schematics and most likely have figured out about the kill switch and connected the dots that he has a kill switch, too....and if he's able to figure this out maybe he'll be able to figure out how to hack/override his own kill switch or even the manual mode cos imo, kill switch is basically some form of manual mode ...and by that time NS switches control of NS3 to manual mode, NS3 can override it on his own although of course it won't be instant since it will be some form of struggle within himself.

I actually felt sorry for HNS after seeing what he went through. Truly understandable how he felt betrayed by his mom who he tried to protect all his life while seeing how she could have just replaced him with a robot. However he didn’t need to be so harsh to the little kid, should have gave him a gentil side of at least being touched by the kid coming suddenly to hug him. Would have been nice to see how he could have been touched by the little gentilness others show towards him. Change of character that makes him more human at the end would be nice.

Archived