[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

2 hours ago, crazyyo said:

I don't know if it is right to say but I don't want JYH to leave NS side even when he tries to mess up with NS3 like the scene where he is crushing NS3's battery. I feel like only JYH can control NS like the scene he was throwing away his suits. NS did look moved by JYH apology and his offer to help him. The moment JYH left his side NS will go full evil

I'm sorry but that is the path everyone is choosing for oneself. If human Shin can't value the people around him because of his paranoia then he doesn't deserve to have them at his side. You reap what you sow.

This boy needs a reality check or else his gonna believe he can getout with everything he does. Make him loose everything and left in total isolation and if he still doesn't get who is at fault here then there is no salvation for him.

He is petty, selfish and ungrateful piece of trash and he does nothing to deserve someone's love or acceptance. Or does he think that being human is enough to get love or attention? It is not a question of who is human or not anymore, just like SB said, it is all about what kind of human are you.  NS doesn't even see that he becomes the picture perfect of the one he hates the most. And he doesn't realize that his actions can harm someone not just emotionally but physically as well.

Will he get enough when he ruins someone's life? Or does one of them needs to pay with their life? Isn't it just like NGH?

Human Shin thoughtlessly manipulates those around him as if he is playing in the sandbox without stopping to think about the consequences. And I can't forgive him that.

Even his difficult past can't justify his behaviour.

He is nothing but immature pathetic idiot, just like his grandpa always told him.

Seriously I wish SB would punch him couple of times.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did suspect that NS would try to do something like hiking the date being who he is. B)

I'm not condoning his action but the very fact that he COULD CRY while watching a sad movie shows that he isn't heartless at all! :D

Despite showing indifference to his mum, he did make an effort to visit her on YH's advice and overheard NS3 & David's conversation.:o

To me NS is redeemable!

14 minutes ago, Rollito Deprimavera said:

The way I see it, it seems that they are setting things up for a tragic ending. But not sure who would die. Maybe NS3, or maybe NS, Oh Ro Ra, So Bong...someone is going to sacrifice themselves for someone they love, to pass the message on how being human is linked to love and putting your loved ones first. There have been references all along the series about how humans can be the worst, so I expect some redemption in the end, but don't know how it will happen. I'm praying that this can be done without killing anyone, I'm too invested in the characters and suffering a lot here. :cold_sweat:

in that case, i want SB to sacrifice herself :)

4 minutes ago, gladys57 said:

I did suspect that NS would try to do something like hiking the date being who he is. B)

I'm not condoning his action but the very fact that he COULD CRY while watching a sad movie shows that he isn't heartless at all! :D

Despite showing indifference to his mum, he did make at effort to visit her on YH's advice and overheard NS3 & David's conversation.:o

To me NS is redeemable!

I will consider it when/if he shows at least some hints of redemption;)

For me it's not about having a heart but using it instead.

Crying while whatching sad movie? No. Sorry. Doesn't count in my book:P

37 minutes ago, juju84 said:

I'm sorry but that is the path everyone is choosing for oneself. If human Shin can't value the people around him because of his paranoia then he doesn't deserve to have them at his side. You reap what you sow.

This boy needs a reality check or else his gonna believe he can getout with everything he does. Make him loose everything and left in total isolation and if he still doesn't get who is at fault here then there is no salvation for him.

He is petty, selfish and ungrateful piece of trash and he does nothing to deserve someone's love of acceptance. Does he think that being human is enough to get love or attention? It is not a question of who is human or not anymore, just like SB said, it is all about what kind of human are you.  NS doesn't even see that he becomes the picture perfect of the one he hates the most. And he doesn't realize that his actions can harm someone not just emotionally but physically as well.

Will he get enough when he ruins someone's life? Or does one of them needs to pay with their life? Isn't it just like NGH?

Human Shin thoughtlessly manipulates those around him as if he is playing in the sandbox without stopping to think about the consequences. And I can't forgive him that.

Even his difficult past can't justify his behaviour.

He is nothing but immature pathetic idiot, just like his grandpa always told him.

Seriously I wish SB would punch him couple of times.

Paranoia, that's it. period.  I feel like it's the people around him who needs to get him out of misunderstandings. No you can't have paranoia and still trust people around you EVEN when you know they are lying to you. Example YH lying to him he never felt confused, Mom lying to him she went out for a walk. I'm not saying YH or mom had bad intentions but the fact they lied to him probably made his distrust and paranoia strong. He is capable of returning to the right path looking at how much YH words influenced him in this episode and he finally become somehow calm.

I disagree BIG TIME. He sacrificed for his mom for 20 years. He sacrificed when he was a kid and he sacrificed again when he was about to run away as an adult. He was tortured by his family for 20 years and he finally became insane (watch the starting of this episode).  

That I agree with and I hope he will somehow realize later that he is becoming like his grandpa. 

Shin's actions like hitting robot and taking his battery and replacing it with manual mode are not justifiable but he is far from being a selfish, ungrateful piece of trash. True they were helping him protect his position and saving his life but did he even ever showed interest in chairman's seat? why were they making decisions on his behalf? like he said in previous episode who are they to decide what he wants or what he doesn't want? what exactly should he be grateful for? Even Young Hoon apologized to NS in this episode for this. Even So Bong couldn't say anything in return to NS when he asked how would she feel if she comes across a robot just like her and that too made by her father. Because this is the reality, he is facing identity crises (mixed with his past traumas) because of NS3. He is mentally unstable at this point and in my opinion people who are mentally unstable doesn't even realize what they are doing. 

In a way, I would like that NS would find his own path and make peace with his past. It was not his fault or his mother what happened to them. He has to understand her pain and that NS3 was a way for her to cope with him not being around. In the end, NS3 was used for his own benefit (so everyone thought because NS never wanted grandpas fortune). But it all backfired because he never wanted that. At the same time, he grew up to be this spoiled brat that always (almost) gets what he wants. Suddenly he wakes up after an accident to find that a robot looking like him is walking around being loved by everyone (something that he couldn't cultivate during all is 20 something years of life). It's sad if you think about it...but it's no excuse to what he's doing. He's forcefully trying to show to everyone that he's the "real thing" while NS3 is just a robot but while doing so he's actually demonstrating the opposite.

I don't think SB and NS3 will get their happy ending. And that frustrates me. Why would the writers make us eager and love a couple so much just to take it all away. I'm sad for SB. With NS3 she will never have a woman in love experience (you know what I'm saying:smirk: ). Sex isn't everything in a relationship but c'mon. Let's be practical. They will never "umph" -_-Forget about kids. I don't know...this drama is hard to figure out XD As for NS, maybe YN will be the one for him in the end. Maybe he will learn to love. Ahhhhhhh! I don't know what to think XD I'm just babbling now. I'm sorry :joy:

Anyone got any theories about how this will end? Just give me hope please hahaha

Human Shin is a frustrating character. So what the hell does he want from everyone? What should they do and how should they behave for him to finally calm down? I think he doesn’t know that himself. At this point, I think that no matter what they do he won’t be satisfied, and that’s where it becomes solely his own problem. Yes, he has a painful, horrible past but what about others, they don’t? Is mom’s past not painful or in YH’s past a flowery road of sunshine and rainbows? We know enough to say that no, they’ve all suffered, and their lives were also messed up. Yes, human Shin was a child growing up in horrible circumstances, but how about YH? The guy was an orphan child, who knows what hell he went through?

Human Shin’s behaviour is understandable to a certain extent, but his past experiences don’t give him a free pass to hurt others. Let’s be real, our patience has a limit and there’s only so much we can take before going “screw you, I’m out” when dealing with someone like NS, no matter his past. YH might reach this point soon if NS won't change.

I really like the saying “Your past doesn’t define you”, yes, it shapes us but the person you are now is one that you’ve made yourself. I thought about how I would answer NS's question about how I would feel if there was a robot just like me and everyone liked it more. My first reaction would be anger too, but the second thing I would do is question why it is better than me, what does it do and how does it behave that’s better than me and made others like it more than myself. And that’s where I saw NS’s problem – in his mind he’s never at fault for anything. Everyone around him is guilty but not him, everyone is bad and hurt him, while he is the only victim. With that, he just keeps justifying his horrible behaviour. Reality is he’s the only one responsible for how people treat him and where his life will go from now. If he can’t handle this situation on his own like an adult, I’m sorry to say, it’s his problem. That’s how life is, I think he should know it better than anyone. I feel like he had never made an effort to understand the people who are there for him, whether it’s YH, mom or even YN.

Why the hell so-called Human Nam Shin (<_<) opens his heart to KSB only?
I think in the next episodes we will see how dangerous NS3 can be. I know NS controls him but no one can give guaranty that one day this robot can be used for bad purposes by bad people. We will never know!

:neutral:

Hello everyone!..after reading all your post here...i convince my self to let out and post here..well, first of all i want to congratulate the writter .he did his research.kudos to him.

Actually, after my husband woke up from a coma.. .he broke our stuff,i remember he burned my jeans.he always nagged. It was hard.the neurologist said that it was normal because he has brain injury. Thank God he is okay now.and that was five years ago.

Well,it's obvious that i favor for the human shin..i can relate to him..i can understand him ..

And i still believe he is a good person..

1 hour ago, PororoQueen said:

Yes yes yes!!, Human NS has a date with SoBong :heart: (Although it's a hijacked date)

Oooops, am I the only one who's happy with their date?:D ........

*Hiding behind the couch from upcoming rotten tomatoes/eggs thrown at me*

Not sure why you happy its a really  creepy thing to do. and its  not a happy thing for SB.

I mean we have too look at it from her perspective and the drama perspective it is not right.

@addictedtou Thank you for sharing your personal experience. I had heard about some temporary side effects from brain injuries, something about a swelling (of the brain?) that needs to be resorbed overtime? I can't say too much about it because that is not my specialty, but you're right, and I never thought that NS could be suffering from that. It totally makes sense, in addition to the shock of his life situation when he wakes up, and the twenty years of anger and bitterness from his dad dying, being separated from his mom, living with an abusive grandfather, and pretty much being constantly judged and hated upon by anyone who is after the company. That is a lot piled up on one person.

The writer really amazes me. Even though this is a science-fiction drama, the scenario is so realistic and relatable on so many levels (plot, characters' motives and behaviors, etc.). If one day we start living with AIs as smart as NS3, I have many questions, and no easy answers.

You know what would’ve been a good story and ending? They should not have any hitting each other on the face scenes to begin with. The real NS would pretend to be the robot and falls in love with SB because SB’s love and gentleness towards human NS made him soften and they fall for each other. SB realizes she falls for the real NS and starts to feel sorry towards RNS. Robot NS realizes they are better suited to be with each other and somehow while saving the real NS, he gives up his own life knowing that they both would be saved while sacrificing himself. He makes real NS promise to take care of SB like he would to protect her and both humans live happily ever after remembering how humane robot NS was and is grateful towards him to have given them a good example of what it’s like to be a true human. The end.

11 minutes ago, evok said:

guys I normally watch the drama at dramanice because they are fast in eng sub but today even raw version is not there..can you recommend me a another channel but with eng sub?.

VIU has subs already.

3 hours ago, crazyyo said:

Paranoia, that's it. period.  I feel like it's the people around him who needs to get him out of misunderstandings. No you can't have paranoia and still trust people around you EVEN when you know they are lying to you. Example YH lying to him he never felt confused, Mom lying to him she went out for a walk. I'm not saying YH or mom had bad intentions but the fact they lied to him probably made his distrust and paranoia strong. He is capable of returning to the right path looking at how much YH words influenced him in this episode and he finally become somehow calm.

I disagree BIG TIME. He sacrificed for his mom for 20 years. He sacrificed when he was a kid and he sacrificed again when he was about to run away as an adult. He was tortured by his family for 20 years and he finally became insane (watch the starting of this episode).  

That I agree with and I hope he will somehow realize later that he is becoming like his grandpa. 

Shin's actions like hitting robot and taking his battery and replacing it with manual mode are not justifiable but he is far from being a selfish, ungrateful piece of trash. True they were helping him protect his position and saving his life but did he even ever showed interest in chairman's seat? why were they making decisions on his behalf? like he said in previous episode who are they to decide what he wants or what he doesn't want? what exactly should he be grateful for? Even Young Hoon apologized to NS in this episode for this. Even So Bong couldn't say anything in return to NS when he asked how would she feel if she comes across a robot just like her and that too made by her father. Because this is the reality, he is facing identity crises (mixed with his past traumas) because of NS3. He is mentally unstable at this point and in my opinion people who are mentally unstable doesn't even realize what they are doing. 

Well, I beg to differ. Yes, he is mentally unstable. But he hurts people around him quite consciously. Fully realizing the pain he causes. More like he doesn't care because he is hurting too. He vents off his frustrations and lack of self-confidence.

What he is supposed to be grateful for?   How about for being by his side all this time, taking the blame for him and putting up with his less than amiable character for starters. Or doesn't it count for anything?

If he can be rightfully angry with his Mom then YN and YH were always beside him. And we see how, for example, he is using YN as a servant playing on her affections. That's what I call ungrateful and selfish.

He has some things to settle with his Mom. Go and settle them face to face instead of underhandedly venting out his anger at NS3 who is far too innocent and as ironic as it may sound helpless.

Identity crisis? But first of all it's his personal problem. If he doesn't know who he is, if he lacks self- esteem, if can't love or accept himself or feel not good enough no one can really prove him otherwise but himself. He saw the love of people around him but he can't trust in it because he can't trust in himself nor feel deserving of this love. 

Yes, NS always felt himself helpless. But instead of learning to become someone who can fight back he went around living fast to richard simmons off his grandpa.He sacrificed for 20 years. Yes, I agree but it was his choice. Being a child he couldn't find another way or oppose his grandpa. But as a grown up he had opportunities to turn the situation into his advantage instead of trying to run. He is a smart boy when he choose using his head. 

His behaviour is understandable, sure. He needs time to accept, figure things out, adapt? Sure. Others should be more understanding? Sure. But does he give the same benefit of the doubt to others or tries to understand them? I don't see that for now.

I am not saying I hate human Shin. But he needs to come to his senses. Thus people should stop tiptoeing around his feelings and pity him and start resorting to some healthy shouting, crying and even punching once or twice.

He is way too close to crossing the line. And he must be stopped first of all for his own good. And to prevent this self-flagellation going farther. Because at the moment, I will repeat myself, he is unreasonable stubborn and petty child. And he even knows it himself but his inner protest won't stop because he set himself on the path of self-destruction and he doesn't want to see who the real enemy is.

NS is a mess, but he is really acting on many years of hiding feelings that was a time bomb. I actually feel for him still, learning about him being in a figurative prison. No one asked him how he feels and what he want to do with his life. I mean they all did act on what they thought was important for him. his grandfather want the perfect grandson to take over the company and even when he tray to rebel grandfather just made a stronger hold on him. I don not says his action is OK tough. But grandfather is the biggest jerk in all this. He could even end his own son life.... 

I think what NS asked SB about how would she feel about finding out that there is a robot that looks the same. is the nail on what he feel. It is something that is not easy to answer and I think every person would react differently because we would not feel the same about it. I mean even she did not answer that, and look like she actually started to think about it. first time she got his point of wive from him. I don´t know how I would feel seeing a robot like me....

I love NS3 but I fear for how he can be used to do bad stuff. He never gonna be free from grandfather consider he have his control room... so in the end grandfather can make him to what he want him to do... 

I think the most healthy thing NS should do is getting away from this mess and start all over where he can do what he want to do. but I guess it would not be easy to do. I just hope he find his happiness in the end just as I want for SB and NS3! 

9 minutes ago, juju84 said:

I am not saying I hate human Shin. But he needs to come to his senses. Thus people should stop tiptoeing around his feelings and pity him and start resorting to some healthy shouting, crying and even punching once or twice.

I think So Bong heard you. She can't stand his behavior and is definitely doing everything you described. Maybe there's hope after all. Maybe she'll get through to him that way, since he can't help himself and for better or for worse he's clinging on to her... 

Archived