[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

2 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Yes yes yes!!, Human NS has a date with SoBong :heart: (Although it's a hijacked date)

Oooops, am I the only one who's happy with their date?:D ........

*Hiding behind the couch from upcoming rotten tomatoes/eggs thrown at me*

@PororoQueen      Chingu , I am right behind you. I knew already he liked her and that is why he punched her. He was hurt and doesn't know how to express himself. 

Like alot of you said. NS past doesn't give him a pass to be cruel. I think because of his circumstance and the people in his lives who aren't warm to him. He made a choice. This choice he made since he was young child gave him the push to do whatever he wants. No one has tried to correct him but to protect him when he makes bad choices. I believe he knows what he is doing is wrong but he just doesn't care. Now , if you were to take the things he wants most, then I believe he will change.  It is always at the road to death can really change someone. We just have to wait and see. 

What does everyone think??? 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

41 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@PororoQueen      Chingu , I am right behind you. I knew already he liked her and that is why he punched her. He was hurt and doesn't know how to express himself. 

Like alot of you said. NS past doesn't give him a pass to be cruel. I think because of his circumstance and the people in his lives who aren't warm to him. He made a choice. This choice he made since he was young child gave him the push to do whatever he wants. No one has tried to correct him but to protect him when he makes bad choices. I believe he knows what he is doing is wrong but he just doesn't care. Now , if you were to take the things he wants most, then I believe he will change.  It is always at the road to death can really change someone. We just have to wait and see. 

What does everyone think??? 

This is very hard for me (violence in general, and violence against women and children in particular -- NS is guilty on all three accounts), and it's a big reason why NS still hasn't redeemed himself in my eyes. I still haven't forgiven him. I understand if you hit someone in self-defense, but how can you punch someone that you like? Even if you're hurt by someone that maybe you like (still don't think he was interested in SB in episode 1), how can you be violent toward that person, someone who is weaker than you (I'm referring to his social status. As her boss, NS was in a position of authority, and SB wasn't, she was under him.), and this in front of the whole world? (Journalists, cameras...) 

This makes me wonder just how mentally messed up NS already was before his accident, and how far gone he is. I agree with you, he knows that what he's doing is wrong, but he's a real mystery to me. I can't figure out what he really thinks, if he cares or not that he's hurting people. I think it's hard for us to guess his intentions because there's still much about his life that we don't know, and because he knows things that are essential to the story and that we don't (possibly about his father's death, and maybe even about his grandfather). Those things would help us better understand exactly what he's trying to do. I still don't think that he's just acting up and reacting to what the situation is. He went to the Czech Republic with a specific goal, to verify something. Everyone assumed, including YH, that he went there to see his mom. It looks like everyone was wrong, and that there was more to it. He had given himself a mission, and I don't think he's reached his initial goal yet. Being the vicious master of deception that he is, I think he might still be pursuing it, while creating as much destruction as possible around him and in him (he's definitely self-destructive).

Just one question: how the heck did Namshin convince Namshin 3 to leave the movie theater and get on a car with him? 
I'm curious... (Manual control? Deception?)

PS: I find the Chairman real dementia to be too much of a coincidence... Might it be that at times he faked it, and at times he didn't even realized that he had had a real episode? Or maybe he felt confused once or twice, he underestimated the symptoms but he got the idea of pretending to be sick from that... :huh:

@jerboa83, about NS3 getting in the car, I asked myself the same question. Since NS3 has always been willing to help him, despite the tension between them when it comes to BS, maybe NS asked him for help, said it was urgent, asked he came to the car. Once in the car NS swiftly took off NS3 watch? NS3 is still quite a bit innocent, and might not have anticipated the situation and reacted quickly enough. It's the only scenario I can think of. Maybe someone helped him with that plan...

6 hours ago, gladys57 said:

@crazyyo, I could sense it already! At the piano playing scene, THAT BADASS LOOK was definitely human NS's! :D

WHAT A TWIST! Tonight episode is just mindblowing! How to wait until next week? :blush:

No, I think the switch happened later (when N3 went to get the tissue). Human Shin was probably following them...

6 hours ago, lilyphenix said:

Is he capable of hacking himself, of creating and installing some sort of firewall in his sytem? 

He already did it once, before the wedding... I'm not sure if the manual mode had already been activated then, but he took the controller off and went to save Sobong.

It was definetely NS3 till he got the napkin. Their look and smile before and after getting napkins are different.

Btw.

I love this one. 

NS3 : How does it taste? 

KSB : Sweet? 

NS3 : Because you're with me? 

I want to use it, lol. 

31 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

Just one question: how the heck did Namshin convince Namshin 3 to leave the movie theater and get on a car with him? 
I'm curious...

PS: I find the Chairman real dementia to be too much of a coincidence... Might it be that at times he faked it, and at times he didn't even realized that he had had a real episode? Or maybe he felt confused once or twice, he underestimated the symptoms but he got the idea of pretending to be sick from that... :huh:

It will be answered in the next episode I believe.

Today's episode mostly about Nam Shin, it is started with his point of view. So, the next one should be Kang So Bong or Nam Shin 3? 

I think the biggest irony of all is that So Bong also sees NS for himself, maybe that’s why he has some special interest in her. SB is the only person that wasn’t “his” to begin with so that’s why he doesn’t need to use a mask around her. Compare the way he talks to her to the way he talks to JYH or mom. He pushes them away with cold words because it’s hard for him to be truthful to them. It can’t be a coincidence that both NS3 and Yena have noticed unusual interest in SB. And whenever NS looks at her he doesn’t look angry(?) He may be a jerk and does terrible things, but unless he actually kills someone I still don’t think he is a villain. I just want him and NS3 to be friends... :(

One more post. 

He realize it or not, Nam Shin 3 really involved his emotion. 

When he talked to David after he found out that he has relation with the Chairman, we can see how he felt really betrayed. 

"Don't say you give birth to me with your heart anymore. I don't need a dad who lies to his family."

It is very human to say this, at that situation. And it proved one thing. NS3 always consider David as his dad even he always denied that in front of everyone. 

1 hour ago, juju84 said:

Well, I beg to differ. Yes, he is mentally unstable. But he hurts people around him quite consciously. Fully realizing the pain he causes. More like he doesn't care because he is hurting too. He vents off his frustrations and lack of self-confidence.

What he is supposed to be grateful for?   How about for being by his side all this time, taking the blame for him and putting up with his less than amiable character for starters. Or doesn't it count for anything?

If he can be rightfully angry with his Mom then YN and YH were always beside him. And we see how, for example, he is using YN as a servant playing on her affections. That's what I call ungrateful and selfish.

He has some things to settle with his Mom. Go and settle them face to face instead of underhandedly venting out his anger at NS3 who is far too innocent and as ironic as it may sound helpless.

Identity crisis? But first of all it's his personal problem. If he doesn't know who he is, if he lacks self- esteem, if can't love or accept himself or feel not good enough no one can really prove him otherwise but himself. He saw the love of people around him but he can't trust in it because he can't trust in himself nor feel deserving of this love. 

Yes, NS always felt himself helpless. But instead of learning to become someone who can fight back he went around living fast to richard simmons off his grandpa.He sacrificed for 20 years. Yes, I agree but it was his choice. Being a child he couldn't find another way or oppose his grandpa. But as a grown up he had opportunities to turn the situation into his advantage instead of trying to run. He is a smart boy when he choose using his head. 

His behaviour is understandable, sure. He needs time to accept, figure things out, adapt? Sure. Others should be more understanding? Sure. But does he give the same benefit of the doubt to others or tries to understand them? I don't see that for now.

I am not saying I hate human Shin. But he needs to come to his senses. Thus people should stop tiptoeing around his feelings and pity him and start resorting to some healthy shouting, crying and even punching once or twice.

He is way too close to crossing the line. And he must be stopped first of all for his own good. And to prevent this self-flagellation going farther. Because at the moment, I will repeat myself, he is unreasonable stubborn and petty child. And he even knows it himself but his inner protest won't stop because he set himself on the path of self-destruction and he doesn't want to see who the real enemy is.

In all honesty we really don't know exactly how he was around YH and YN. Yes he is being mean to YN but even to YN he seems different from what he was like before (the way she looked at him in this epsiode was totally different from before and he even asked her if she is scared of him now ) So I believe he was little bit better before his accident. As for YH to be this loyal to him I believe he really knows Shin's true personality as he told him that "other people might think he is thoughtless but I know you are not thoughtless but thinks too deeply". Also who took the blame for him? YH? YH took the blame for NS3 once as well then. Also when grandpa slapped YH it's not like Shin enjoyed the sight or anything. Grateful for putting up with his amiable character then how about grandpa and aunt become grateful to him as well since he endured their shitty behavior for years as well? 

As for mom he did open up in front of her in today's episode. No, you can't leave your real son in hell and make a robot so you can find some peace and that's what he is angry for. Why does his selfless act of putting mom's safety first always taken as "it was his choice" like he had some other choice? Also taking into fact the last 28 episode is it really easy to fool grandpa? Even if he ran away he did use it to his advantage to find mom only to get mowed down by a truck and waking up later to see his life upside down. 

Yes he needs to be stopped whether it's by healthy shouting, crying or punching him. I'm just saying that people are not considering his situation. I'm also not saying that people should tiptoe around him and you are probably right that his inner protest won't stop. I'm just saying that if NS3 can turn a money loving selfish girl into a normal and loving girl why can't anyone around Shin do the same for him? For all I know his reactions today to both YH and SB showed that he is capable of coming back to the right path considering someone is ready to help him. He is mentally unstable I believe the rest are not. Why aren't they considering his situation that after 20 years of hellish life he has a robot version better than him, smarter than him, why is everyone expecting him to be ok with it? Who would be ok with it? In drama or in real life? They know he is uselessly comparing himself with his robot version yet they provoke him by saying stuff like "you are worse than robot". "you can never be like him". Why isn't anyone telling him that a robot is a robot and you are you.

I think this pretty much explained NS point of view which he quiet calmly delivered in front of So Bong

krHr62W.jpg

Again I'm not defending his stupid acts I;m just saying that two wrongs doesn't make a right. If he is lashing out like a crazy madman others should think about his situation and help him instead of provoking him or saying bad stuff about him. 

8 minutes ago, butterflyeffect said:

I think the biggest irony of all is that So Bong also sees NS for himself, maybe that’s why he has some special interest in her. SB is the only person that wasn’t “his” to begin with so that’s why he doesn’t need to use a mask around her. Compare the way he talks to her to the way he talks to JYH or mom. He pushes them away with cold words because it’s hard for him to be truthful to them. It can’t be a coincidence that both NS3 and Yena have noticed unusual interest in SB. And whenever NS looks at her he doesn’t look angry(?) He may be a jerk and does terrible things, but unless he actually kills someone I still don’t think he is a villain. I just want him and NS3 to be friends... :(

He does look angry, especially when he asks her why she likes/love N3 so much and why she protects only him... 

What do you think human Shin's main purpose was, when he kidnapped N3 and turned him/it off? If N3 was his target, it made no sense for  Shin to go back to the theater and meet Sobong, unless he wanted to threaten her to get something (information?) from her... Is it possible that his main target was Sobong? Proving to her that she could mistake him for N3 in the dark for like... twenty seconds shouldn't be worth the risk, but he's so messed up that I cannot rule out that hypothesis... 

@PororoQueen @UnniSarah I don't know. This "wrist grabbing and slapping because I like you but can't handle my feelings" kind of behavior kind of ticks me in k-dramas. And it teaches audiences that violence, especially against women is justifiable. Like some women that suffer this on a daily basis: "I only do this because I'm jealous and love you". Nope!!!! NS didn't like SB when he hit her. And he doesn't like her now. He's just after her because he can't grasp the reason why she likes NS3 so much. I can believe he will eventually end up developing feelings for her. Because just like  @butterflyeffect said she has this ability to see a person for who they truly are. That's what she did with NS3 and apparently, that's what she'll do with NS. But NS doesn't like her. Not right now. If you like someone you don't enjoy seeing that person in pain. Period.

18 minutes ago, butterflyeffect said:

argh don't make me cry! I want this to happen so bad but considering the number of episodes left it's wayyyyyyy to difficult now. At this point I just hope NS won't do anything stupider than his manual mode act. I just want a happy ending for both of them I hope they acknowledge each other and go separate ways (of course if the become brothers it's a bonus :wub:)

Between based on the text preview it sounds like Nam Shin's gonna be in danger in next episode because of Seo? May be Shin 3 will come and save him making his heart flutter like he did to SB :wub::lol:

2 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

He does look angry, especially when he asks her why she likes/love N3 so much and why she protects only him... 

Sorry I should’ve been more specific, I meant this episode when he rudely told her to leave the meeting room because it’s no place for a bodyguard. But when she left he had a weird expression.. it wasn’t angry. Also the pool scene didn’t read as angry to me either. 

19 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

What do you think human Shin's main purpose was, when he kidnapped N3 and turned him/it off? If N3 was his target, it made no sense for  Shin to go back to the theater and meet Sobong, unless he wanted to threaten her to get something (information?) from her... Is it possible that his main target was Sobong? Proving to her that she could mistake him for N3 in the dark for like... twenty seconds shouldn't be worth the risk, but he's so messed up that I cannot rule out that hypothesis... 

Do you think it is fair she doesn't recognize NS on the place of NS3 in the theater as NS stated? I mean, she was paying her full attention to the movie. I don't know that she would recognize it or not if not because of NS cried, but I don't think it is fair to say she failed to differentiate them. She was with NS3 all the time. She knew something was off, that's why she changed her attention towards Nam Shin. 

Archived