[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

Guest dramacf

I just need to say this. I feel like some people are confused Human Shin's anger is valid and justifiable what is NOT is the way he's handling his anger. Two different things. I understand where his pent up anger is coming from but will never sympathize with the way he's dealing with his anger. He clearly needs intervention. Don't know how the show will handle this but his anger management and trust issues needs to be addressed.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I find interesting. I think NS feeling fainting and all is hinting that he has some kind of side effect from the accident (not surprising at all, I know).  Can he eventually end up dying from this injury? Can one outcome be the "transfer" of NS3 conscious into NS body? Is this plausible in the drama universe? I don't know... but it seems a way out for NS3 and SB.

Although I would feel sad about NS, because I think despite everything he has done so far he still deserves a second (third or fourth, can't keep count hahaha) chance. I find that despite everything that the show conveys (NS3 evolving into understanding human emotions really well), were being unfair with NS in the logic that NS3 was designed to be a "good boy". It's in his nature to feel protective of people that are kind to him. To differentiate from right and wrong. I truly believe that if NS would have been raised by his mother, away from grandpas mean and hateful influence, NS would have grown up to be an NS3 type of man. And...wouldn't SB feel for him the same way she does for NS3? I would think so...

NS just needs to be given a chance to cultivate the good in him. And honestly, the show is pointing in that direction. The fact that he's so obsessed with SB is almost a cry for help. He's not after YN that follows him blindly. He's after someone that challenges the person he became to be, to become the person he wants to be. He wants to change. He just doesn't know how... The beating and him being severe are not going to take him to a good place.

Honestly, this show is really well written and even though we can write all the possible outcomes. we have no friggin idea how this will end. So congratulations to the writers... who will make us suffer till the end :joy:

Drama's are not lives.

The creatives shape the narratives and tell us where, when, and who to look at.

Of course our personal experiences and biases help guide our focus.

I like to think i'm open to all characters presented in a drama but it is the creatives responsibility to help me know the characters and respond to their perspective. They need to show me the character's pain, not tell about it. 

Their are times when I identity so closely with the charatacters that I automatically fill in what isn't written in the script.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

What i'm saying the writers needed to have done a better job on creating sympathy for ShinH if they wanted more people on his side.

59 minutes ago, hushhh said:

What i'm saying the writers needed to have done a better job on creating sympathy for ShinH if they wanted more people on his side.

Sorry but I disagree. On his side for what, supporting that he kills NS3, destroys So Bong and sends his mother to the hospital by treating everyone like garbage? No matter how much you try to gather sympathy, if you make a character hurt badly others, people will not like it. In fact, most comments I've seen show a lot of sympathy for Shin. It is just that people are angry at him for what he's doing. You can like someone and think that he's completely wrong, and also become angry at that person at some point. In my opinion the writers have done a good job here because people are conflicted.

Anyway, finally tomorrow is Monday and the new episodes are coming!! Although not sure if this should be celebrated or not  :unsure:...but ok, I need to see what happens next, for better or worse, I can't wait! Hope that my girl So Bong saves NS3 this time!!

7 hours ago, Rollito Deprimavera said:

Sorry but I disagree. On his side for what, supporting that he kills NS3, destroys So Bong and sends his mother to the hospital by treating everyone like garbage? No matter how much you try to gather sympathy, if you make a character hurt badly others, people will not like it. In fact, most comments I've seen show a lot of sympathy for Shin. It is just that people are angry at him for what he's doing. You can like someone and think that he's completely wrong, and also become angry at that person at some point. In my opinion the writers have done a good job here because people are conflicted.

Anyway, finally tomorrow is Monday and the new episodes are coming!! Although not sure if this should be celebrated or not  :unsure:...but ok, I need to see what happens next, for better or worse, I can't wait! Hope that my girl So Bong saves NS3 this time!!

Well i don't assume that were they to create sympathy they would keep all of ShinH's behavior as is. 

Though it's not at the center of the story, I think the show has been quietly making a case for self-driving cars. I especially like the driver's body functions being monitored (heart rate, etc.), and the car taking over the driving if the driver loses consciousness or something. I haven't kept up much with our current technology, but I'm guessing this is something that's probably discussed by real car companies...

I watched the drama up to the part the real human Nam Shin comes around then stop.  Visit this site to read spoilers and some interesting reaction from the drama viewers. 

About the robot NS3, he is perfect because his mom and David built him to be perfected, to smile often and have no flaws -- he is a man, a co-worker, a boss, a son, a friend, and a companion that any human would dream to have or to befriend with.  Because it is NOT human. 

Then here is a real human being Nam Shin who was forcefully taken away from his mom at young age, who forced to say hurtful words to his mom in order to save her life. Who has to live with an abusive grandfather and grow up with evil people around him who only waits an opportunity to take his life.  He has to be cruel in order to survive, he plotted his escape to look for his mom but was murdered.  He was lucky to survive, however; there is his clone walking around, perfect in every way replacing his place and probably here to stay.  If he doesn't get mad or try to destroy it, then HE IS NOT HUMAN, he is saint.  It doesn't matter what was the reason for the robot to exist in his place, they can't be coexistence ... IMO, I don't think anyone could peacefully live knowing your clone is somewhere around you. The writer has done beautiful job to implement reality into the drama, but why I stop watching it because a weird twisted love between the girl and the robot could put a human life in danger.  When she said she would risk her life too if he got exploded, I thought "writer, please you should have written this character is an orphan because she doesn't give a shred about her dad, her friends, or the people who grew up with her."  The character gives me the impression that she would kill or endanger human Shin if her toy or slave got taken away.  Uhm, ... this girl is insane.

Because the actor who plays NS3 is handsome in real life, many viewers are detached from reality.  I hope that at the end of drama, us -- the viewers and writer don't forget that human makes mistake but nothing should place above human -- even a perfect robot.

Guest dramacf

I did quick survey just out of curiosity to see how people feel about the endgame and I was a bit surprised so far with the results; more people are in the Single Sobong ship (22%) while HNSxSB (19%) and of course NS3xSB tops it with 59%

1532937625846687.jpg

All the hopes I have for Shin to come back from his self destructive path are just..ending :tears: I guess the purpose of this whole manual mode was to show Robot shin can beat that manual mode with the help of So Bong as shown in pictures. I don't want to imagine Human Shin's anger after realizing he can't control robo shin with the manual mode (*sigh*) not excited for today's episode.

god damn.. i thought we are approaching end so SB would have some sense now,

i am on ep 27 (badly hope she improves by 28)... she is unbelievable, even when robot is thinking right, she has to drive him towards negative thinking..

i am on the scene where NS3 is wondering if NS would be less hurt if robo's name wasn't NS.. and SB has to retort without thinking..

She is the main villain after gradfather as far as families coming together is concerned.. can't take care of her own family, won't let robo be at peace, and won't let others come together .. just because she is dumb and thinks she is the smartest in that universe.. ridiculous character

24 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

i am on ep 27 (badly hope she improves by 28)... she is unbelievable, even when robot is thinking right, she has to drive him towards negative thinking..

i am on the scene where NS3 is wondering if NS would be less hurt if robo's name wasn't NS.. and SB has to retort without thinking..

She is the main villain after gradfather as far as families coming together is concerned.. can't take care of her own family, won't let robo be at peace, and won't let others come together .. just because she is dumb and thinks she is the smartest in that universe.. ridiculous character

Then in your opinion, what would have been the best response that she could have given to Nam Sin? Based on her actual response, what would be the negative impact that you forsee? Since she is the main villain besides the grandfather, what negative consequences do you forsee like you said, happening in the near future based on her 'dumb' actions. 

16 minutes ago, shayiza said:

Then in your opinion, what would have been the best response that she could have given to Nam Sin? Based on her actual response, what would be the negative impact that you forsee? Since she is the main villain besides the grandfather, what negative consequences do you forsee like you said, happening in the near future based on her 'dumb' actions. 

She doesn't need to give response to every bloody thing said.. and specially in the tone she does.. always inciting a fight and ill will..

Her biggest problem is that because she is in love, she can't let herself get hurt (which has been her problem from the beginning, she has to take care of her emotions before everyone else.. and she looks down upon others because they are not as emotional as her).

Negative impact: she is worsening the overall situation.. she is the reason who is time and again drilling the comparison in everyone's head that is leading to worsening of the situation. If your family member is struggling emotionally, it is your job as a family member to support that person and help them heal... what she is doing is basically declaring and proving, i am an outsider, not part of this family, i love this robot therefore this robot has to be mine in its entirety and i will take him away from the family.. she is not even letting them work it out..

she has already and is aggravating real NS so much

she is alienating robo NS more and more (from others)

she is making it super difficult for mom so much so that mom is completely cutoff and has noone to speak to

she is rude to YN..  (in the romance dept)

and here's a thing, if she really loves NS, why is she being so shallow about the face.. a face NS never agreed to sharing.. she is a moron and a hypocrite.. 

Additionally, ep 28: mom gets no sympathy for lying ill or whatever..

when that child had noone to hug and cry and confide in, she very conveniently built in the rule "always hug when mom is crying".. now, all of this could be forgiven if she bothered to keep a tab on her own child.. which she clearly didn't.. didn't care what was happening in his life.. onus was on NS to be in news in hope that she can see him on TV..

despicable!.. she can cry buckets and it would mean nothing.. she is unfair to both NS .. good.. she and SB can go on their kitty parties.. nature wise both are selfish.. she is just more smart than SB as far as academics go

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@kalidreamz NS3 is not perfect: he also makes mistakes that's the reason why SB got upset many times. 

I agree. 

He is far from perfect. In fact, he has some naughty behaviour as well.

Leaving the conversation while it hasn't done yet, his innocent thoughts somehow becomes his weakness, and he emotionally keeps saying he can't feel emotion. 

54 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

I think you're the one who doesn't have any sense. 

I don't know why you keep hating her character, I don't need to know why. 

Why doesn't she agree about NS3 changing face?

Because in fact he is given THAT face, he isn't the one who asked that face, and he has the right of his own face are the reason why she adviced it that way. 

NS3 is kicked out by his mom, in fact SHE SAVED HIM, ONCE. Wow. How can you not see that? She got the kill switch to save NS3. She doesn't take him, but she is given the responsibility to protect and to take care of him. He got kicked by his mom, not because of his past behaviour, but he is not the real Sin. 

She is rude to YN? For what exactly? 

She is aggravating NS so much? You must see that after NS woke up NS is the one who always started problems. She doesn't even want any business related to NS anymore, but she is attached to NS3 made her have to do that. NS3 is the one she loves, and in fact NS3 is harmed by NS made her have to do that. 

She is alienated NS3? For telling him that "people don't understand their feeling either" and "for me you're Nam Shin"? 

I don't know how you see her that way.

You seem to be very nice in real life. Good for you though

52 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

She doesn't need to give response to every bloody thing said.. and specially in the tone she does.. always inciting a fight and ill will..

Her biggest problem is that because she is in love, she can't let herself get hurt (which has been her problem from the beginning, she has to take care of her emotions before everyone else.. and she looks down upon others because they are not as emotional as her).

Negative impact: she is worsening the overall situation.. she is the reason who is time and again drilling the comparison in everyone's head that is leading to worsening of the situation. If your family member is struggling emotionally, it is your job as a family member to support that person and help them heal... what she is doing is basically declaring and proving, i am an outsider, not part of this family, i love this robot therefore this robot has to be mine in its entirety and i will take him away from the family.. she is not even letting them work it out..

she has already and is aggravating real NS so much

she is alienating robo NS more and more

she is making it super difficult for mom so much so that mom is completely cutoff and has noone to speak to

she is rude to YN..

and here's a thing, if she really loves NS, why is she being so shallow about the face.. a face NS never agreed to sharing.. she is a moron and a hypocrite.. 

Additionally, ep 28: mom gets no sympathy for lying ill or whatever..

when that child had noone to hug and cry and confide in, she very conveniently built in the rule "always hug when mom is crying".. now, all of this could be forgiven if she bothered to keep a tab on her own child.. which she clearly didn't.. didn't care what was happening in his life.. onus was on NS to be in news in hope that she can see him on TV..

despicable!.. she can cry buckets and it would mean nothing.. she is unfair to both NS .. good.. she and SB can go on their kitty parties.. nature wise both are selfish.. she is just more smart than SB as far as academics go

Not letting them work it out? What would they have worked out? It seems to me the kill switch was the initial plan. And even David supported So Bong... whether his intentions were pure or not ... im not sure. It was only later on the mum gave the blessing for her to take care of the robot. Grandpa only revealed the intention to get Nam Sin 3 to be the heir later on. So basically with Nam Sin waking up, Nam Sin 3 needs to be out of the equation. 

It is true , she is an outsider. This family I believe is basically screwed, after finding out what the Grandpa did. The concept of Nam Sin's family is already not normal.

Something that someone like her can't comprehend and I for one cannot comprehend too. How can a grandfather do that to his own grandchild, how can Yena's dad disown her due to greed, how come Yena is willing to work against her father, why is Laura willing to 'destroy' Nam Sin 3, her son for the past 20 years. Why is Human Nam Sin venting his anger on his innocent cousin? If your own family member dont or cant even comfort you or be there for you when you are down, what more So Bong who doesnt understand or know the backstory.

I guess in a way, So Bong feels too much. She can be impulsive.  There are Some things that she did, i may not have agreed with. Maybe She should have just walked away and not bother about what would have happened to Nam Sin 3. Maybe She should have turned down the secretary and decline the offer to be Human Nam Sin's bodyguard again. Maybe she should not have treated or viewed Nam Sin 3 like a human? 

So many what ifs.

In fact i dont think she was the only one to aggravate Human Nam Shin. Nam Shin's grandpa and even his secretary have expressed in not so many words the difference between him and the robot and at times how much they prefer the robot version

She is rude to Yena? Hmmm...if i remember correctly, Yena did a couple of things that were rude too. What about I give you So Bong's number so that you can play with her part. As a fellow woman? How can you agree to let another woman be a play thing to a man? The incident at the Wedding Shop? Nam Sin's arrogant... either you kneel or you sit so that I dont have to look up to you. These further perpetuates certain stereotypes of how the rich look down on people. 

Anyway, we agree to disagree. It is your opinion. It is interesting to read your take on So Bong. I may not agree with some of the things you say but there are certain points that you bring up that made me question  certain things. It brings forth interesting discussions on how we perceive how a certain someone should react or behave. 

OST 8 ENG VER/TEXT

You hide behind shadows
Lock yourself indoors
Trying to fall asleep

You say this ain't real
When I'm right here for
You to understand its me

They say time only heals you
But truth is it hurts you
Even when the scars aren't deep

I know it's not worth it
Believe me I know that
Memories don't fade away

See why do we
Why do we make this up
Even when I'm right beside you
Why do we keep this up

See why do we 
Why do we try so hard
Cause nothing seems better without you

Why do we make this up
Why do we keep this up

So tell me your in this
Mess that we're living
Only to fall right in

The things that we look for
Hoping there's something
Lets not just runaway

So why do we
Why do we make this up
Why do we keep this up

So why do we 
Why do we try so hard
When nothing seems better without you

Why do we make this up
Why do we keep this up

Tell me if I'm the only one
Tell me that I'm the only one
Cause your the only one I want, 
The only one

Let me know I'm the only one
Cause I know you're the only one
This heart can only break so much
When it's you it wants

So why do we
Why do we make this up
Why do we keep this up

See why do we
Cause nothing seems better without you

Why do we make this up
Why do we keep this up
Why do we make this up
Why do we keep this up

1 hour ago, shayiza said:

Not letting them work it out? What would they have worked out? It seems to me the kill switch was the initial plan. And even David supported So Bong... whether his intentions were pure or not ... im not sure. It was only later on the mum gave the blessing for her to take care of the robot. Grandpa only revealed the intention to get Nam Sin 3 to be the heir later on. So basically with Nam Sin waking up, Nam Sin 3 needs to be out of the equation. 

1 hour ago, shayiza said:

It is true , she is an outsider. This family I believe is basically screwed, after finding out what the Grandpa did. The concept of Nam Sin's family is already not normal.

Something that someone like her can't comprehend and I for one cannot comprehend too. How can a grandfather do that to his own grandchild, how can Yena's dad disown her due to greed, how come Yena is willing to work against her father, why is Laura willing to 'destroy' Nam Sin 3, her son for the past 20 years. Why is Human Nam Sin venting his anger on his innocent cousin? If your own family member dont or cant even comfort you or be there for you when you are down, what more So Bong who doesnt understand or know the backstory.

I guess in a way, So Bong feels too much. She can be impulsive.  There are Some things that she did, i may not have agreed with. Maybe She should have just walked away and not bother about what would have happened to Nam Sin 3. Maybe She should have turned down the secretary and decline the offer to be Human Nam Sin's bodyguard again. Maybe she should not have treated or viewed Nam Sin 3 like a human? 

So many what ifs.

In fact i dont think she was the only one to aggravate Human Nam Shin. Nam Shin's grandpa and even his secretary have expressed in not so many words the difference between him and the robot and at times how much they prefer the robot version

She is rude to Yena? Hmmm...if i remember correctly, Yena did a couple of things that were rude too. What about I give you So Bong's number so that you can play with her part. As a fellow woman? How can you agree to let another woman be a play thing to a man? The incident at the Wedding Shop? Nam Sin's arrogant... either you kneel or you sit so that I dont have to look up to you. These further perpetuates certain stereotypes of how the rich look down on people. 

Anyway, we agree to disagree. It is your opinion. It is interesting to read your take on So Bong. I may not agree with some of the things you say but there are certain points that you bring up that made me question  certain things. It brings forth interesting discussions on how we perceive how a certain someone should react or behave. 

The plan is simple,

people who are truly a family including robo, atleast are attempting to understand NS and his hurt is apparent to them.. you have to show that you are in as much pain and ready to share their pain to help them recover from it (as mom and ji are doing).. ji is also an outsider but look at his sensitivity towards both NS.. SB, i'm sorry is just a selfish person

but she has zero interest in that dynamics despite knowing all the fact and history, not because SB is an outsider  but because she has always been selfish and immature about handling her emotions (and i am pointing this out to show you she is all BS when she goes out pretending to be this caring person.. she doesn't , hasn't prioritized her own family or NS or anyone else, anytime she has any discomfort.. she seeks her own peace of mind)..

she has always hated NS because she judged him from the beginning - for his playboy ways and then for being slapped and lastly when she came to know that NS knew about her cheating ways all along.. As far as NS is concerned, that is all SB has against him and has always had against him... now, if it were someone else, i'd completely support that hate for NS.. but not in case of SB.. because till date she is all talk, she doesn't recognize her own role and mistake in all the interactions she has had with NS human

You think if SB wasn't there, kill switch wouldn't be averted. No!.. there were people ot handle that more effectively and efficiently (most effective would be grand-dad).. but we never got to that because she intervened (that was good intervention but again it was because she couldn't handle her emotions... otherwise she should have told robo about this truth because he is the only one smart enough about computer science.. but no! she won't do that.. she is hypocrisy personified)

Few corrections,

SB knows the story.. entire story

It is not her place to rip apart a family.. first by judging mom and completely ignoring a dying son situation and now completely trampling a anyway depressed person.. she needs to decide, either she is a family or isn't one.. right now she is just selfish woman

How is she not rude to YN and to NS himself, why can't she have a robot who looks metallic if her love is so pure?? No, she went in for the entire package.. who in this world would not like a super rich, super high IQ, dashing heartthrob who is so singularly focused on you to be your own boyfriend.. whom is she even trying to fool

Archived