[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

5 minutes ago, kdramafan43v3r said:

Right now, I hate the mom as much as I hate Sh*tty Shin!

She's like there allowing his unstable son to cause havoc by giving him manual control of Robo Shin. 

There's a thing called tough love. She should've have shown that instead of giving in to Sh*tty Shin's every demand.

She's the creator of Robo Shin a highly intelligent AI, she knows it's capabilities and in the wrong hands people's lives are going to be at stake. Will the mom bear it in her conscience that due to her very irresponsible decision she's basically given his unstable son free reign to hurt/murder anyone who displeases him by using Robo Shin?!! 

Very irresponsible parenting!

Looking on the bright side, we see how further Robo Shin has evolved, he can no longer be controlled. He's basically got a semblance of free will when he forced himself to override Manual Control. I feel like he's fought against it twice briefly from the elevator scene when the lights dimmed and we saw Robo Shin struggle, at the bridge when slowly he forced himself to walk then run towards Sobong and then finally gained total control back on that rooftop scene.

The irony is that she feared that NS3 would be a lose canoon, once he escaped her control. She imagined that NS3 might take her son's life hence she wanted to destroy him, whereas the opposite happened. NS is so unstable that he needs to be monitored. Yet she decides to trust him. From the start, she was unable to control her own son, a human... yet the worst happened: her real son wants to destroy the other. 

Striking is that JYH still has faith in NS... although even in the past, NS already showed self-destructive tendencies. They should ask themselves if they put their faith in the wrong man. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ever since that scene (from a few episodes back) where NS3 imagines how he would have reacted to SB if he were a human, I have been pondering over what exactly makes one a human. Never before have I watched a drama that made me think THAT deeply and philosophically B)

So many thoughts in my mind about that.

Logic vs emotions. Robots work on logic so there should be no emotions but are emotions not science and cannot be learned? Or are emotions learned responses, conditioned by a variety of factors, including genetics (nature) vs programming (nurture)? Or simply biological/chemical reactions (dopamine, serotonin, etc.) which can then be programmed and conditioned?

Freewill is one other determinant and that's also the one "fear" people have that drives sci-fi horror films where AI develops "freewill" and starts to conquer the world. Freewill is distinctly human and not robot. No matter how much deep learning occurs, it will never be real freewill. So technically, it's not possible for NS3 to override because of emotions. It can be logically programmed though e.g. When skin detects tears (liquid with xyz components), recall abc memories, trigger overriding of manual mode...:rolleyes:

Still pondering...

I dont know why it is rather heartbreaking to see Nam Sin turn to this destructive path. As much as i hate what he has done and absolutely do not agree with him, it is like watching someone you know go down the wrong path, knowing that he is going to self destruct and there is nothing you can do about it. Psychologically and emotionally he needs help. I am not sure if the accident has also caused some kind of physiological imbalance that cause him to react in such a manner. Im not trying to justify his actions but to see him go down this path and hurting so many others. The fact that he controlled Nam Sim 3 to inflict hurt on others is a big red flag to me. Yes you have the typical jerks in korean drama but when you intentionally cause hurt to others then that is a very big issue. I wonder when he set Nam Sin 3 to hurt So Bong, at which point would he have stopped and said that is enough. If Nam Sin 3 had not 'regained his consciousness', would Human Nam Sin just let it be. To what extent would he go? Because so far, Nam Sin 3 stopped his actions based on his own accord. It is quite chilling to think how it would have ended up if Nam Sin 3 didnt stop.

Guest dramacf
4 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

The irony is that she feared that NS3 would be a lose canoon, once he escaped her control. She imagined that NS3 might take her son's life hence she wanted to destroy him, whereas the opposite happened. NS is so unstable that he needs to be monitored. Yet she decides to trust him. From the start, she was unable to control her own son, a human... yet the worst happened: her real son wants to destroy the other. 

Striking is that JYH still has faith in NS... although even in the past, NS already showed self-destructive tendencies. They should ask themselves if they put their faith in the wrong man. 

So true! Instead of being an anchor for NS to be a better person, both the mom and YH were enablers of his terrible actions towards himself and others. What's even more ironic they placed their faith in NS even with knowing NS3 is the more humane one while NS is drowning in hatred, mistrust and bitterness....what does it even say about them? They may have good intentions but definitely a bad judge of character... 

29 minutes ago, shayiza said:

I think I will leave it at this because like I said we will end up repeating the same things over again.

You with your views about So Bong and 'interpreting' her actions according to what you deem to be a hypocrite and a dumb person while I and maybe others who will interpret her actions in a totally different direction. That is one of the premise of Are you Human isnt it? To what standards do we judge another human? Why do we accept the actions of others and not the other?

I am wondering if So Bong will also end up being blamed for Nam Sin turning robot Nam Sin into psycho mode because she 'antagonised' him. 

I guess throughout this whole drama it seems to me there seem to be no or very little redeeming quality about So Bong in your eyes. Im basing this on your comments thus far because majority of your comments seem to be about her unless Im mistaken. Even the fact that she went on a date with Nam Sin was an issue at first. I guess this why people are quite perplexed. 

Then again a question that we should all ask ourselves do we attach emotions to the face as well as the character. Are you able to disassociate the face or the figure that you know and love and just focus on character.

Call me a hypocrite but if someone I love (let's remove the robot equation) has a change of face i will question myself if i will still be able to love that person? Even though the personality or attitude is the same? Will i be able to love a metal robot with no face attached? So Bong loved Nam Sin 3 because she views him as a 'human'. The face in itself lends Nam Sin 3 that element of humanity. 

Anyway, i think there are bigger things to debate on rather than focusing solely on one character. I find the other characters in the drama just as flawed or even more flawed

Well.. unless you are being sentimental here then i can't help it..

but yes, if we are talking about SB, i will be talking about her actions.. when we talk about another character then will talk about that character..

so  i don't get the objective of your taunt!

I think it's only natural that Kang So Bong would be so impulsive and emotional. That's her personality, and although it may seem irrational to some, it's only because she cares so much about the robot that she would do anything just to not seem him be hurt. For me, she was written to be flawed that way, representing a true human, because let's face it—no one is perfect. We shouldn't assume that she loves the robot just because of his face—she didn't love human Shin, after all. I think in preserving Nam Shin 3's identity, she wants to prove that he's as humane as any human and as deserving of life as anybody. And whether we admit it or not, the 'Anything for you' behavior is very normal in K-dramas. I'm rooting for her, though! She deserves a happy ending. :heart:

Not sure how they're gonna resolve this with 3 episodes left, but K-dramas are always clutch that way. The director actually said he did his best to give a good ending without RoboShin dying. I can only hope that they make it work and give us the happy ending we deserve!

Also, someone posted these pics from DC Gallery before, but we are definitely getting more kiss scenes from So Bong and RoboShin. (See under the cut just in case you don't want to be spoiled). Hopefully it's not a final farewell kiss! AHH I really hope there's a happy ending! :innocent:

Spoiler

sYihSa8.jpg&key=3f9348de99081d469d4a742d

b8QWDCf.jpg&key=569bff80411c60443b6eb390

p6S7Kkw.jpg&key=8568e592e22361f66f4ef635

So true! Instead of being an anchor for NS to be a better person, both the mom and YH were enablers of his terrible actions towards himself and others. What's even more ironic they placed their faith in NS even with knowing NS3 is the more humane one while NS is drowning in hatred, mistrust and bitterness....what does it even say about them? They may have good intentions but definitely a bad judge of character... 

In my opinion, they are just blinded by their affection towards NS. Maybe since they started accepting NS3 as a real human (brother/son), they thought that NS would be just like NS3, once he wakes up. JYH thought that NS would also change for the better. 

What bothered me is that they kept pushing NS to replace NS3 out of fear that NGH might decide to replace NS3 as heir. When he was old enough, he could have become what his grandfather wanted him to be... so that once he is the CEO, he can look for his mother. Unlike him, ORR knew what her son was doing. She had his pictures which shows that she never forgot him and was interested in him. I didn't like that JYH started acting behind KSB's back, he abused her trust. He helped NS without helping NS3/KSB. 

Guest dramacf
23 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

In my opinion, they are just blinded by their affection towards NS. Maybe since they started accepting NS3 as a real human (brother/son), they thought that NS would be just like NS3, once he wakes up. JYH thought that NS would also change for the better. 

What bothered me is that they kept pushing NS to replace NS3 out of fear that NGH might decide to replace NS3 as heir. When he was old enough, he could have become what his grandfather wanted him to be... so that once he is the CEO, he can look for his mother. Unlike him, ORR knew what her son was doing. She had his pictures which shows that she never forgot him and was interested in him. I didn't like that JYH started acting behind KSB's back, he abused her trust. He helped NS without helping NS3/KSB. 

While it's true that emotional attachments did cloud their judgement, I just hope sooner rather than later they will realize their mistake that condoning NS' horrible attitude will only bring him more harm than good and they should and must do whatever it takes to steer him away from this path of destructive behavior. 

I wonder what would it take for NS to finally see the light? Or will he ever? I feel like ORR may end up sacrificing her life for NS to finally see past all the hatred and bitterness he has harbored through the years...

After reading the recap on Dramamilk I totally agree that ShinH is the most human of all Shins.

Nothing say human more than trying to kill a woman for liking someone more than she like you.

giphy.gif

29 minutes ago, kdramafan43v3r said:

I wonder what would it take for NS to finally see the light? Or will he ever? I feel like ORR may end up sacrificing her life for NS to finally see past all the hatred and bitterness he has harbored through the years...

Either ORR or YH. I really hope none dies in the end but I don't think the ending is going to be that simple. Someone's going to sacrifice for sure to bring back Shin's senses and I feel like it would be either laura or younghoon (yh has more chances)

I hate it that instead of getting to see both Shin work together, I have to keep watching them go against each other, particularly NS.

I thought i will get to see them work together like twin brothers. But if anything, it's like watching a jealous twin fight over the sweeter one :crazy: imagine how much different it would have been if these two were a dynamic team. But of course, that's not what we are getting <_<

Last episode tomorrow. Let's see how this all ends..better make sense too! I hate a staring contest ending, an open one and most of all, one that makes no sense!

1 hour ago, jerboa83 said:

Read both and loved them. Especially the first one. Fantastic narrative. Put into words those silent bits and facial expressions that make us wonder. Absolutely amazing! Thank you so much for sharing @jerboa83 :heart:

23 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I hate it that instead of getting to see both Shin work together, I have to keep watching them go against each other, particularly NS.

I thought i will get to see them work together like twin brothers. But if anything, it's like watching a jealous twin fight over the sweeter one :crazy: imagine how much different it would have been if these two were a dynamic team. But of course, that's not what we are getting <_<

I will wait until the last episode to put all my insight together. As of now, I am still not rooting for NS. 

Did Shin3 go against ShinH?

The recap left that out. 

One of the Shins need to be reprogrammed not to be a menace to society. I wonder which one?

Guest dramacf
27 minutes ago, crazyyo said:

Either ORR or YH. I really hope none dies in the end but I don't think the ending is going to be that simple. Someone's going to sacrifice for sure to bring back Shin's senses and I feel like it would be either laura or younghoon (yh has more chances)

Yeah, it would be too simple if no one dies. I've accepted that someone will die. The shocker would be if both (YH & ORR) dies for some reason cos it's NS' fault, that NS3 didn't get there on time to save (ORR or YH or both)?

I feel like the last 3 episodes would deal with NS' redemption, NS3 finally being a fully evolved sentient being wherein he can even fight against/hack against the kill switch and last would be how they will resolve the NS3-SB love story. 

Yeah, it would be too simple if no one dies. I've accepted that someone will die. The shocker would be if both (YH & ORR) dies for some reason cos it's NS' fault, that NS3 didn't get there on time to save (ORR or YH or both)?

I feel like the last 3 episodes would deal with NS' redemption, NS3 finally being a fully evolved sentient being wherein he can even fight against/hack against the kill switch and last would be how they will resolve the NS3-SB love story. 

I really hope we get a simple ending in that case. This drama is full of angst I m almost regretting watching it in the first place. Younghoon and seo are going head to head in next episodes because apparently shin is dumb as richard simmons and has already forgotten seo tried to kill him and now he is letting seo control him either this or he is mad genious who is playing double game of taking down grandpa and seo in one shot (I HIGHLY DOUBT this is the case), in any case yh is not leaving shin's side thus putting him in dangerous position since seo wants shin gone and with yh in between them that's not possible.

12 minutes ago, hushhh said:

Did Shin3 go against ShinH?

The recap left that out. 

One of the Shins need to be reprogrammed not to be a menace to society. I wonder which one?

Lol. Sorry. I should clarify myself.

No, NS3 have not gone against ShinH per say. I just feel like i keep watching the unnecessary tension between NS3 and NS especially NS towards NS3. Although I will say that NS3 is more than willing to help ShinH except when it comes to SB directly. I was expecting them to work more like a team instead of rivals. 

I was hoping i will see a less menacing ShinH. He still hasn't earned my complete affection. I have no concrete attachment to him, emotionally. Perhaps, this is because of the way his character is being developed :unsure:<_<

8 minutes ago, Ayame said:

@vangsweetie637 @nooneor It's ending next week, not this week.

Omo. Is it next week? Even better. Here i was thinking the pace is pretty rushed if it was the ending tomorrow :) thanks.

Archived