[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

6 minutes ago, crazyyo said:

I'm curious because I missed it but did YH in the start said (thought in voice over) that he should have taken side of shin 3  and not shin? When he was talking to grandpa

No, he said "At that time, I shouldn't have hestitated..."

He believed in Shin (and I think he still does) but Shin's actions in this ep disappointed him greatly leading him to give him a final warning.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on preview guess tomorrow's episode is more focused on shin taking over the company , YH using his brain on Shin's behalf and have a face to face talk with seo (excited!). Also him or may be them solving jw case. The episode will end at shin asking mom to destroy NS3

3 minutes ago, topazeyedgirl said:

NS makes me want to break a vase :sweat_smile:

I want to root for him but he is making it very difficult.

It's like when you see monologues you go awwww Shin :tears: and then you see the ending of episodes and go ewwww shin :lol:

3 hours ago, shayiza said:

Hmm... how is Ji an outsider when he has been with Nam Sin for so long?

Ji is as outsider as anyone.. either we go by the definition of blood related folks are family or we go by the definition of bonds/relationships/love forms a family. So, to each his own .. but SB and Ji will always fall in the same bucket and hence their reactions to the entire scenario can be directly compared. Ji's towards NS- human and robo (ofcourse he is coming from his bias towards human) and SB towards the two (she is coming with her bias towards the robot)

Ji understands Nam Sin very well so it is understandable if he empathises with him. These are people who have been with him for so long. Nam Sin 3 also knows him well because he was built as a replacement. Which episode was it that So Bong got to know about Nam Sin's story? The one about the grandfather etc? I must have missed that out.So Bong had no interaction with Nam Sin besides the initial episode and the last few episodes and you expect her to show the same amount of sensitivity to Nam Sin as others? Maybe with the mum, if you told me she should have been more sympathetic then that i would agree

When she discovered NS is robot.. she has known the whole story about mother-child being separated, child's attempted murder and hence robot coming to SK.. she has all the main points of the story and yet she completely overlooks everything.

I have always been amazed by how little she ever thought about a person on deathbed compared to her own emotions. And everyone else can have their opinion about human NS, i can still understand their views but SB is in absolutely no position to judge him.. none whatsoever..

I don't want SB to show same level of sensitivity towards NS as others. I want her to show the same level of sensitivity towards NS as herself and some logical thought process towards the robot whom she thinks she has a 100% ownership of. While SB was very quick to forgive herself for her behavior and overlook the entire issue with a passing "i was at fault because i am emotional person" , she has tagged NS human all sorts of negative - why? Upon knowing the one she has been interacting with is a robot and she sees the human on deathbed , day in day out everyone is worried about him surviving.. what does SB do ? fill the robot with all sorts of ideas.. while her being double agent is ok, her being bluffed is not okay.. i don't see a speck of human decency of hers towards a dying a person.. What did she have on him at that point compared to her role in the whole fiasco?

if i go by your logic ,and ignore what we know for a fact, that she has no idea about the family background, then again what gives her the right to assume things and incite the robot to go against mom or in general say rude things about other people. Now too, when human woke up, not once she bothers to think through the situation but interferes, aggravating human NS.. exactly who is she to dole out her judgements on people and their behavior?

See, SB is very nice when she is with people she likes or rather when she is in a situation that makes her feel good and good about herself. But she is completely devoid of any human empathy when things are not to her liking. 

SB to me is dumb and prioritizes her impulsiveness.. worse she actually thinks that is a superior personality trait that she has. 

Hmm.. i hope you are not justifying Yena's and Nam Sin's condescending attitude. I mean on both parts both parties were rude. Can you cite examples of So Bong being rude to Yena without provocation? The downside or upside to So Bong's character is she is reactive. Reactive to how people treat her. She loves Nam Sin 3 because he treated her well. Wont you love someone who treats you well. In fact she chose to stick to him even though she knows Nam sin 3 will end up with nothing in the end so i dont think the motivation is power/ money. And i dont think she knows about Grandpa's plan yet. 

no not at all.. YS and NS have their fair share of issues.. and like i said, i can understand anyone (specially Ji, NS robo) pointing it out to each. . but i absolutely don't see SB having even an iota of right to judge NS (YS she can, definitely, anyone can judge YS and give her a piece of their mind.. that's why i said SB is being rude to YS only in the romance dept).. and mum doesn't have a right to judge NS (mum has to be perpetually on the receiving end of NS anger because she deserves it).. 

Like i said, YS- SB - only issue is my simple question to SB.. ask her to take out the face of NS from the robot and love the metallic man himself. She can try to go all mother teresa over the fact but that face is attractive.. and i absolutely hate the tone in which she looked down upon human NS's entire being by telling robot he owns it.. because he doesn't..

robot's identity is not that face and SB is hypocrisy personified.

SB fell in love with the face and gentle manner.. she didn't fall in love with a steel man with gentle manner.. at the end of the day, she is walking away with an absolutely wonderful boyfriend - drop dead gorgeous, super intelligent capable of setting up his own business empire.. even if they choose to go live in the countryside, fishing even then.. my simple question comes back to the same thing.. let the robot live with its own face .. NS face is not his.. but that she won't let him do.. after all its a handsome face

So Bong has no clue about the grandfather. Sure she could have waited for the grandfather to do something about the killswitch but she chose to act because she thought it was urgent. Again she has no knowledge of grandpa. How is this hypocrisy? Maybe impulsive, full of emotions yes. Call it idiotic if you may. But why is she a hypocrite for wanting to help? She should have told Nam Sin about the killswitch but it seems to me earlier on she was also chastised for telling the robot too much? Damn if she does and damn if she does not? 

the only thing SB doesn't know till ep 27 was that GF knows NS robot is a robot. But that point isn't even important in all that she has done up until this point. If she were a real girlfriend to a real man, and if as a girlfriend she is suggesting and coaxing the man to completely cut ties with everyone I would be really worried about her clingy ways

(i don't understand why is it difficult for her to take a step back and think - a child was separated from his mom (she knows), he is dying, mom is worried and SB goes to the robot telling him to not trust them , be wary of them etc.. ; now he is awake and he is lashing out, instead of asking early on why he hates robot she just gave him character certificate as if she is god; eventually she did ask him and didn't have anything in response to his answer of how she would feel if one day she wakes up to find she has been replaced...

i just fail to see any kind of mediocre intelligence in her way of handling things.. shouldn't she be making sure that the robot can maintain good relations? it just shows she hasn't even bothered to understand the robot himself.

Lastly, why is she still hiding the fact about kill switch- no logic. none of them can find a solution to that (confirmed- given now david also confirmed), but she still doesn't tell him (because in her head she will be a good person trying to save the robot from a heartache.. i call BS to all her actions), the way she is treating her father.. everyone is secondary to her emotions, the first time she told NS to recognize his identity was because she was upset (when she heard about the kill switch).. and entire yelling was to make herself feel better (because if it were for robot's sake, she would have also prepared him to take action against the doom)

I dont think im the only one who seems quite perplexed by all this. So Bong is definitely a flawed character but it seems to me she is condemned from the get go. By the way, this is not about me being a fangirl of any character, because that is what someone who tried to speak up for So Bong is accused of. Heck I will even speak up for Yena or Nam Sin if there is a need to.

Anyway this will go back and forth. I have already had my say.

Nah!.. i appreciate your analysis.. and i am not saying you have to adhere to my perspectives.. not at all .. and neither am I saying that other characters are all positive.. No!.. but other characters tend to realize that they are wrong or debate their actions.. SB to me has a major superiority complex.. i never find her questioning her actions and their pros and cons.. and this behavior of hers is universal..towards everyone.. that's why she irks me.. i have always said, she is not a negative person (doesn't have ill intentions) but she is a moron (and impulsive and selfish about her impulsiveness.. )

so yeah!

its got very long with some repetitions :) 

Guys, thinking of important stuff, do you believe we will get a real robo-kiss before the ending? :wub:  If I have to bet, I'd say it will happen tomorrow. The final week might be too busy and with higher stakes for that to happen ...Anyway, I think I would melt if I see NS3 initiating a kiss, that would be the cutest thing. :lol:

Interesting episode. It would be so cool when Grandpa wanted to push (parting her from her son) mom's experiments with AI. Probably helping a maybe vegetable son. I know I know...to much SciFi novels but it would be cool nonetheless.

8 minutes ago, tengxanxan said:

Tomorrow’s episode

https://www.vlive.tv/video/82489

I think its so sad that Human Shin lost all his humanity because of a Robot. Why can’t they all just get along?! 

Realistically speaking I m not surprised he is reacting this way. From drama's point of view ns3 is a shinamon and I trust more in YH that he will bring back the humane side of Shin if he has some left, more than I believe in Shin himself. 

P.s lets guess who will punch Shin this time (in next episode he has bloody lip again lol)

40 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

GAH!! Im confused, does "manual mode on" mean that NS3 was able to stop Shin from controlling him?

It was originally "Manual Mode", then it resets (you see it like a series of codes running across the screen), then when it shows "ON", it's back to NS3 control (overriding manual mode)

Guest dramacf

Right now, I hate the mom as much as I hate Sh*tty Shin!

She's like there allowing his unstable son to cause havoc by giving him manual control of Robo Shin. 

There's a thing called tough love. She should've have shown that instead of giving in to Sh*tty Shin's every demand.

She's the creator of Robo Shin a highly intelligent AI, she knows it's capabilities and in the wrong hands people's lives are going to be at stake. Will the mom bear it in her conscience that due to her very irresponsible decision she's basically given his unstable son free reign to hurt/murder anyone who displeases him by using Robo Shin?!! 

Very irresponsible parenting!

Looking on the bright side, we see how further Robo Shin has evolved, he can no longer be controlled. He's basically got a semblance of free will when he forced himself to override Manual Control. I feel like he's fought against it twice briefly from the elevator scene when the lights dimmed and we saw Robo Shin struggle, at the bridge when slowly he forced himself to walk then run towards Sobong and then finally gained total control back on that rooftop scene.

50 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Ji is as outsider as anyone.. either we go by the definition of blood related folks are family or we go by the definition of bonds/relationships/love forms a family. So, to each his own .. but SB and Ji will always fall in the same bucket and hence their reactions to the entire scenario can be directly compared. Ji's towards NS- human and robo (ofcourse he is coming from his bias towards human) and SB towards the two (she is coming with her bias towards the robot)

When she discovered NS is robot.. she has known the whole story about mother-child being separated, child's attempted murder and hence robot coming to SK.. she has all the main points of the story and yet she completely overlooks everything.

I have always been amazed by how little she ever thought about a person on deathbed compared to her own emotions. And everyone else can have their opinion about human NS, i can still understand their views but SB is in absolutely no position to judge him.. none whatsoever..

I don't want SB to show same level of sensitivity towards NS as others. I want her to show the same level of sensitivity towards NS as herself and some logical thought process towards the robot whom she thinks she has a 100% ownership of. While SB was very quick to forgive herself for her behavior and overlook the entire issue with a passing "i was at fault because i am emotional person" , she has tagged NS human all sorts of negative - why? Upon knowing the one she has been interacting with is a robot and she sees the human on deathbed , day in day out everyone is worried about him surviving.. what does SB do ? fill the robot with all sorts of ideas.. while her being double agent is ok, her being bluffed is not okay.. i don't see a speck of human decency of hers towards a dying a person.. What did she have on him at that point compared to her role in the whole fiasco?

if i go by your logic ,and ignore what we know for a fact, that she has no idea about the family background, then again what gives her the right to assume things and incite the robot to go against mom or in general say rude things about other people. Now too, when human woke up, not once she bothers to think through the situation but interferes, aggravating human NS.. exactly who is she to dole out her judgements on people and their behavior?

See, SB is very nice when she is with people she likes or rather when she is in a situation that makes her feel good and good about herself. But she is completely devoid of any human empathy when things are not to her liking. 

SB to me is dumb and prioritizes her impulsiveness.. worse she actually thinks that is a superior personality trait that she has. 

no not at all.. YS and NS have their fair share of issues.. and like i said, i can understand anyone (specially Ji, NS robo) pointing it out to each. . but i absolutely don't see SB having even an iota of right to judge NS (YS she can, definitely, anyone can judge YS and give her a piece of their mind.. that's why i said SB is being rude to YS only in the romance dept).. and mum doesn't have a right to judge NS (mum has to be perpetually on the receiving end of NS anger because she deserves it).. 

Like i said, YS- SB - only issue is my simple question to SB.. ask her to take out the face of NS from the robot and love the metallic man himself. She can try to go all mother teresa over the fact but that face is attractive.. and i absolutely hate the tone in which she looked down upon human NS's entire being by telling robot he owns it.. because he doesn't..

robot's identity is not that face and SB is hypocrisy personified.

SB fell in love with the face and gentle manner.. she didn't fall in love with a steel man with gentle manner.. at the end of the day, she is walking away with an absolutely wonderful boyfriend - drop dead gorgeous, super intelligent capable of setting up his own business empire.. even if they choose to go live in the countryside, fishing even then.. my simple question comes back to the same thing.. let the robot live with its own face .. NS face is not his.. but that she won't let him do.. after all its a handsome face

the only thing SB doesn't know till ep 27 was that GF knows NS robot is a robot. But that point isn't even important in all that she has done up until this point. If she were a real girlfriend to a real man, and if as a girlfriend she is suggesting and coaxing the man to completely cut ties with everyone I would be really worried about her clingy ways

(i don't understand why is it difficult for her to take a step back and think - a child was separated from his mom (she knows), he is dying, mom is worried and SB goes to the robot telling him to not trust them , be wary of them etc.. ; now he is awake and he is lashing out, instead of asking early on why he hates robot she just gave him character certificate as if she is god; eventually she did ask him and didn't have anything in response to his answer of how she would feel if one day she wakes up to find she has been replaced...

i just fail to see any kind of mediocre intelligence in her way of handling things.. shouldn't she be making sure that the robot can maintain good relations? it just shows she hasn't even bothered to understand the robot himself.

Lastly, why is she still hiding the fact about kill switch- no logic. none of them can find a solution to that (confirmed- given now david also confirmed), but she still doesn't tell him (because in her head she will be a good person trying to save the robot from a heartache.. i call BS to all her actions), the way she is treating her father.. everyone is secondary to her emotions, the first time she told NS to recognize his identity was because she was upset (when she heard about the kill switch).. and entire yelling was to make herself feel better (because if it were for robot's sake, she would have also prepared him to take action against the doom)

Nah!.. i appreciate your analysis.. and i am not saying you have to adhere to my perspectives.. not at all .. and neither am I saying that other characters are all positive.. No!.. but other characters tend to realize that they are wrong or debate their actions.. SB to me has a major superiority complex.. i never find her questioning her actions and their pros and cons.. and this behavior of hers is universal..towards everyone.. that's why she irks me.. i have always said, she is not a negative person (doesn't have ill intentions) but she is a moron (and impulsive and selfish about her impulsiveness.. )

so yeah!

its got very long with some repetitions :) 

I think I will leave it at this because like I said we will end up repeating the same things over again.

You with your views about So Bong and 'interpreting' her actions according to what you deem to be a hypocrite and a dumb person while I and maybe others who will interpret her actions in a totally different direction. That is one of the premise of Are you Human isnt it? To what standards do we judge another human? Why do we accept the actions of others and not the other?

I am wondering if So Bong will also end up being blamed for Nam Sin turning robot Nam Sin into psycho mode because she 'antagonised' him. 

I guess throughout this whole drama it seems to me there seem to be no or very little redeeming quality about So Bong in your eyes. Im basing this on your comments thus far because majority of your comments seem to be about her unless Im mistaken. Even the fact that she went on a date with Nam Sin was an issue at first. I guess this why people are quite perplexed. 

Then again a question that we should all ask ourselves do we attach emotions to the face as well as the character. Are you able to disassociate the face or the figure that you know and love and just focus on character.

Call me a hypocrite but if someone I love (let's remove the robot equation) has a change of face i will question myself if i will still be able to love that person? Even though the personality or attitude is the same? Will i be able to love a metal robot with no face attached? So Bong loved Nam Sin 3 because she views him as a 'human'. The face in itself lends Nam Sin 3 that element of humanity. 

Anyway, i think there are bigger things to debate on rather than focusing solely on one character. I find the other characters in the drama just as flawed or even more flawed

It's right that people say ' the most cruels thins in the world are not animals as shark, lion ......

but are the human beings!

Animals kill bc of theirs instincts surviving... kill to eat to survive !

But human beings kill bc they want to kill........ just it !

Like real NS !

He curses all the worlds bc he lost his dad, his mom !

Yeah, it's his grandpa's fault; so why he didn't learn more, study hard ..

so he can take PK and makes his mom caming back with him !

he knows well that she can't come back bc chairman why he hates her !

about robot NS3... he must understand her, she made NS3 bc she missed him !

A robot is better than a ..... step father.. and she had the right to re-married !

But she didn't do it, she always thinks of him !

He's so childish , selfish...... and I don't know why YH is blind before him !

Just like the character in the movie I've just watched ' Last knights'

Even the Minister is a monster, his commander is always loyal to him,

died for him even he knows it's not worth for it 

I wait for the end; maybe open ending but do not know how ???????????!!!!!!!!!

Archived