Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Recommended Posts

If anyone watched any of the upcoming previews and now what they are saying ... please let us all know! 

 

Spoiler

I'm cause what GYT said to the General Zhao when ML brought the will? And more of why the Zhao guy looks like he doesn't want to be a contender for the throne. 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, heatherbee said:

So I just finished ep 29 . Rulan is really an energy reliever:Dlove this girl...still  watching ep 31 raw, but my eyes explored already on the 35/36 trailers...I promised myself not to watch any spoilers for me to enjoy the show but I failed again..seems like PROMISES ARE REALLY MEANT TO BE BROKEN:tounge_xd:..

 

If this isnt me..

me: I’m gonna wait for the subbed episodes patiently

also me: watched raw episodes of ep 30 and more, cluelessly 

:bawling:

  • Like 3
  • LOL 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

 

If this isnt me..

me: I’m gonna wait for the subbed episodes patiently

also me: watched raw episodes of ep 30 and more, cluelessly 

:bawling:

I like watching it raw and again once it’s subbed. Then I can see how much of it I was able to understand with my limited mandarin. :) Plus I’m too hooked on this drama to wait for subs :lol:

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lyaarisa said:

 

I think GTY is jealous too.. From the earlier eps, its kinda obvious that he loves to tease ML about marriage.. Honestly, in the drama, GTY might have some attraction towards ML but he do not noticed it yet.. That's y he offered to help QH to kidnap the princess before ML & QH break up.

 

 

 

Me too.. I think i really like Rulan character as well.. If I live in that era, I would make Rulan as one of my bestie.. She is so transparent and straight forward.. I prefer to have that kind of girlfriend compared to the Lotus type like Molan.. Rather than mature, I think Rulan is much more honest compared to other character in this novel n drama.. Maybe because she was pampered since she was young and have less hardship than ML...

 

If only the producer is kinder to Rulan in the drama by giving her handsome and good looking scholar just like in the novel.. LOL.. Her future beau that appears look kinda old in the drama.. LOL..

 

Anyway, Rulan is my fav gfriend if I live in that novel.. kekekek..

Yes me too. Rulan is my favourite Minglan's sister. I wont call her lazy, but more of a scatterbrain who got distracted easily. She is pampered & spoiled but she has a kind heart. Sometime she bully Minglan to do things for her which Minglan cleverly evaded, she never punish her for it, she just grumble away like most sisters wud. She never care much abt status nor title let alone noble brats, and her biggest satisfaction is to belittled & making Molan gritted her teeth with anger. And I love the fact the first man who flutters her heart as a woman is a just a regular looking man without status nor title. I think Minglan & Rulan are really close sisters  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, hello210 said:

I like watching it raw and again once it’s subbed. Then I can see how much of it I was able to understand with my limited mandarin. :) Plus I’m too hooked on this drama to wait for subs :lol:

Same here,,since im already 4 yrs here in sg..I already learned some, thats why when I watch it raw... still can understand some words then connect it....:lol:

  • Like 5
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, hello210 said:

I like watching it raw and again once it’s subbed. Then I can see how much of it I was able to understand with my limited mandarin. :) Plus I’m too hooked on this drama to wait for subs :lol:

The same, i do this with all my shows,  i watched raw first just to test myself on how well i actually understood mandarin and i'm giving myself 25% score but to speak it, that's another matter..i then re-watch with subs after it's done airing (by then all should be fully subbed & all i do is just read the subs).:D

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jewelsc said:

The same, i do this with all my shows,  i watched raw first just to test myself on how well i actually understood mandarin and i'm giving myself 25% score but to speak it, that's another matter..i then re-watch with subs after it's done airing (by then all should be fully subbed & all i do is just read the subs).:D

 

I do this too. I usually watch every episode twice but because I' m curious and addicted. But tbh, my mandarin improved a lot since I started watching chinese tv-shows. The first one was shan shan and I find her  easier than other actors to understand. Unfortunately, the pronunciation is very hard to get right when I speak.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hello210 said:
  Hide contents

One of the only time GTY could have gotten in trouble in the novel spoilers was because when he returned from war, instead of waiting for the army to officially enter the capital, he was worried and anxious so he snuck in to see ML. I guess they said it was an act that’s punishable by the Emperor. They changed different things around in the drama so it’ll be a surprise when we get to the part in the drama where he gets in trouble and see what crime he supposedly committed. 

 

Ohh I forgot about that. Very much possible. His fast rise to power in the military may bring him some jealousy among the ranks.

Why do I get the feeling some of those assassins for GTY? Maybe I'm thinking too much..

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, hello210 said:

I like watching it raw and again once it’s subbed. Then I can see how much of it I was able to understand with my limited mandarin. :) Plus I’m too hooked on this drama to wait for subs :lol:

 

Wish I could understand mandarin too.. I could save myself from google translating so many c novels.. 

somehow this drama makes a lot of people watch the episodes twice :D

  • Like 1
  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dito said:

Ohh I forgot about that. Very much possible. His fast rise to power in the military may bring him some jealousy among the ranks.

Why do I get the feeling some of those assassins for GTY? Maybe I'm thinking too much..

Spoiler

I loved it because it was the first time he did smthg crazy for her.

 

Yeah, it might be. I think too it's going to be a plot against him, but I am sure he is going to be proved innocent and gain his status back thanks to her . Or

Spoiler

as it was said this morning it's going to be a test of her love

 

I am speculating too much too

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, fra8 said:
  Hide contents

I loved it because it was the first time he did smthg crazy for her.

 

Yeah, it might be. I think too it's going to be a plot against him, but I am sure he is going to be proved innocent and gain his status back thanks to her . Or

  Hide contents

as it was said this morning it's going to be a test of her love

 

I am speculating too much too

 

I loved that part too....thats the first time he did something spontaneous and totally something a man in love would do.

 

And we all are speculating too much:joy:...since they changed so much from the book. But thats part of the fun watching this drama. Some of it still follows the book some of it is fresh. Making the drama interesting.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest preview (episodes 35-36) :wub::lol:

Spoiler

After ML met Prince Zhao and delivered the message, and when GTY is about to leave again

ML: Weapons have no eyes. Be careful. 

GTY: *anyone understands what he said here? Some help with translation??

After some thoughts

ML: I...I'll wait for you

GTY: With U waiting, I'll definitely be back! :wub:

And suddenly she backpedals:lol:

ML: I..I...I don't mean that....

 

Probably just me, but I thought that exchange was absolutely adorable:wub:

 

https://youtu.be/L7fO6t1V11c

*Pfttt. Not sure how to Embed the preview...

 

  • Like 8
  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Maria Brimstone said:

After the satisfaction of Concubine Lin and Molan's downfall, I will now await GTY's stepmother's downfall. Something about that woman's two-facedness gets me even more than the other women in the show. Grrrrr it annoys me that she's living such a lux life now, throwing parties here and there.

She is a witch this one.  Two timing two faced witch who has been plotting since the beginning.  On the last trailer, you could see her true face and how she is already "dreaming" of her own son inheriting.  What a terrible person.  To think that GTY actually loved her as his own mum and to find out that all these while he has been duped.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

The latest preview (episodes 35-36) :wub::lol:

  Hide contents

After ML met Prince Zhao and delivered the message, and when GTY is about to leave again

ML: Weapons have no eyes. Be careful. 

GTY: *anyone understands what he said here? Some help with translation??

After some thoughts

ML: I...I'll wait for you

GTY: With U waiting, I'll definitely be back! :wub:

And suddenly she backpedals:lol:

ML: I..I...I don't mean that....

 

Probably just me, but I thought that exchange was absolutely adorable:wub:

 

https://youtu.be/L7fO6t1V11c

*Pfttt. Not sure how to Embed the preview...

 

I think GTY response was "say something positive (nice)".....you know chinese are very superstituous. ;) 

 

I can't wait for more episodes now.  It is becoming so exciting.  Now now Lin witch is no more, I am waiting to see GTY's stepmom. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

The latest preview (episodes 35-36) :wub::lol:

  Hide contents

After ML met Prince Zhao and delivered the message, and when GTY is about to leave again

ML: Weapons have no eyes. Be careful. 

GTY: *anyone understands what he said here? Some help with translation??

After some thoughts

ML: I...I'll wait for you

GTY: With U waiting, I'll definitely be back! :wub:

And suddenly she backpedals:lol:

ML: I..I...I don't mean that....

 

Probably just me, but I thought that exchange was absolutely 

 

Wow.Looking fwd to more interactions between GTY and ML this week.Just hope we are not fed dollops of Rulan's romance instead.

 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

She is a witch this one.  Two timing two faced witch who has been plotting since the beginning.  On the last trailer, you could see her true face and how she is already "dreaming" of her own son inheriting.  What a terrible person.  To think that GTY actually loved her as his own mum and to find out that all these while he has been duped.  

@frenchfan I suspect GYT has a plan for her.. She's looking for the youngest son to help the family but it would be GYT.. I think they will go broke.. I predict GYT to take over that house at some point he and ML. I hope he kicks them out mother and her sickly son.

 

Can anyone explain to me why dad isn't kicking out the daughter for her unruly behavior.. Her actions can harm 4th and 6th sister if he allows her to stay in the home.. Do he not realize her action can affect them and they're chances of a good marriage..

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the recent subbed episodes i did feel more sympathy for QH' and His mum then i thought i would, even though i dislike her for what she did to Buwei i still felt some sympathy for her. 

Spoiler

 

DID CB send two servants already did i miss that??

 

Ke'erChangfeng's servant, later sent to serve Minglan.

 

Mei'erChangfeng's servant, later sent to serve Minglan.

 

 

9 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@frenchfan I suspect GYT has a plan for her.. She's looking for the youngest son to help the family but it would be GYT.. I think they will go broke.. I predict GYT to take over that house at some point he and ML. I hope he kicks them out mother and her sickly son.

 

Can anyone explain to me why dad isn't kicking out the daughter for her unruly behavior.. Her actions can harm 4th and 6th sister if he allows her to stay in the home.. Do he not realize her action can affect them and they're chances of a good marriage..

 

I dont want them to take over that house that has bad memories better to have your own house and let the youngest brother and other family member's stay there. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

On the topic of 3 steps forward and 5 steps backward, Gu Ting Ye's reference is to Qi Heng's undecisiveness to take the appropriate actions to secure he and Ming Lan's future together. 

Hahahaha. You are right. 

I went back to re-watch the scene and GTY was berating into QH saying if he's so afraid about whatever that lies ahead (5steps fwd) and whatever lies behind (3 steps back), he'd never get anything done. 

Thanks for that!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, frenchfan said:

I think GTY response was "say something positive (nice)".....you know chinese are very superstituous. ;) 

 

I can't wait for more episodes now.  It is becoming so exciting.  Now now Lin witch is no more, I am waiting to see GTY's stepmom. 

So he asked her to say something nice and that's what she came up with?? :lol::lol:

That's cute! 

Does that mean she knows that "I'll wait for U" sounds nice to him?:D

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...