[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

1 minute ago, dito said:

Ohh I forgot about that. Very much possible. His fast rise to power in the military may bring him some jealousy among the ranks.

Why do I get the feeling some of those assassins for GTY? Maybe I'm thinking too much..

Spoiler

I loved it because it was the first time he did smthg crazy for her.

Yeah, it might be. I think too it's going to be a plot against him, but I am sure he is going to be proved innocent and gain his status back thanks to her . Or

Spoiler

as it was said this morning it's going to be a test of her love

I am speculating too much too

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, fra8 said:
  Hide contents

I loved it because it was the first time he did smthg crazy for her.

Yeah, it might be. I think too it's going to be a plot against him, but I am sure he is going to be proved innocent and gain his status back thanks to her . Or

Hide contents

as it was said this morning it's going to be a test of her love

I am speculating too much too

I loved that part too....thats the first time he did something spontaneous and totally something a man in love would do.

And we all are speculating too much:joy:...since they changed so much from the book. But thats part of the fun watching this drama. Some of it still follows the book some of it is fresh. Making the drama interesting.

The latest preview (episodes 35-36) :wub::lol:

Spoiler

After ML met Prince Zhao and delivered the message, and when GTY is about to leave again

ML: Weapons have no eyes. Be careful. 

GTY: *anyone understands what he said here? Some help with translation??

After some thoughts

ML: I...I'll wait for you

GTY: With U waiting, I'll definitely be back! :wub:

And suddenly she backpedals:lol:

ML: I..I...I don't mean that....

Probably just me, but I thought that exchange was absolutely adorable:wub:

https://youtu.be/L7fO6t1V11c

*Pfttt. Not sure how to Embed the preview...

12 hours ago, Maria Brimstone said:

After the satisfaction of Concubine Lin and Molan's downfall, I will now await GTY's stepmother's downfall. Something about that woman's two-facedness gets me even more than the other women in the show. Grrrrr it annoys me that she's living such a lux life now, throwing parties here and there.

She is a witch this one.  Two timing two faced witch who has been plotting since the beginning.  On the last trailer, you could see her true face and how she is already "dreaming" of her own son inheriting.  What a terrible person.  To think that GTY actually loved her as his own mum and to find out that all these while he has been duped.  

24 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Hide contents

After ML met Prince Zhao and delivered the message, and when GTY is about to leave again

After some thoughts

Probably just me, but I thought that exchange was absolutely adorable:wub:

https://youtu.be/L7fO6t1V11c

*Pfttt. Not sure how to Embed the preview...

I think GTY response was "say something positive (nice)".....you know chinese are very superstituous. ;) 

I can't wait for more episodes now.  It is becoming so exciting.  Now now Lin witch is no more, I am waiting to see GTY's stepmom. 

25 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Hide contents

After some thoughts

Probably just me, but I thought that exchange was absolutely 

Wow.Looking fwd to more interactions between GTY and ML this week.Just hope we are not fed dollops of Rulan's romance instead.

31 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

She is a witch this one.  Two timing two faced witch who has been plotting since the beginning.  On the last trailer, you could see her true face and how she is already "dreaming" of her own son inheriting.  What a terrible person.  To think that GTY actually loved her as his own mum and to find out that all these while he has been duped.  

@frenchfan I suspect GYT has a plan for her.. She's looking for the youngest son to help the family but it would be GYT.. I think they will go broke.. I predict GYT to take over that house at some point he and ML. I hope he kicks them out mother and her sickly son.

Can anyone explain to me why dad isn't kicking out the daughter for her unruly behavior.. Her actions can harm 4th and 6th sister if he allows her to stay in the home.. Do he not realize her action can affect them and they're chances of a good marriage..

In the recent subbed episodes i did feel more sympathy for QH' and His mum then i thought i would, even though i dislike her for what she did to Buwei i still felt some sympathy for her. 

Spoiler

DID CB send two servants already did i miss that??

Ke'erChangfeng's servant, later sent to serve Minglan.

Mei'erChangfeng's servant, later sent to serve Minglan.

9 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@frenchfan I suspect GYT has a plan for her.. She's looking for the youngest son to help the family but it would be GYT.. I think they will go broke.. I predict GYT to take over that house at some point he and ML. I hope he kicks them out mother and her sickly son.

Can anyone explain to me why dad isn't kicking out the daughter for her unruly behavior.. Her actions can harm 4th and 6th sister if he allows her to stay in the home.. Do he not realize her action can affect them and they're chances of a good marriage..

I dont want them to take over that house that has bad memories better to have your own house and let the youngest brother and other family member's stay there. 

16 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

On the topic of 3 steps forward and 5 steps backward, Gu Ting Ye's reference is to Qi Heng's undecisiveness to take the appropriate actions to secure he and Ming Lan's future together. 

Hahahaha. You are right. 

I went back to re-watch the scene and GTY was berating into QH saying if he's so afraid about whatever that lies ahead (5steps fwd) and whatever lies behind (3 steps back), he'd never get anything done. 

Thanks for that!

1 hour ago, frenchfan said:

I think GTY response was "say something positive (nice)".....you know chinese are very superstituous. ;) 

I can't wait for more episodes now.  It is becoming so exciting.  Now now Lin witch is no more, I am waiting to see GTY's stepmom. 

So he asked her to say something nice and that's what she came up with?? :lol::lol:

That's cute! 

Does that mean she knows that "I'll wait for U" sounds nice to him?:D

After the recent episodes, I reckon ML is really a wolf in sheep's clothing. 

The way she handles everything, shows how incredibly intelligent and cunning person she is. 

She knows how to hit a person where it hurts most- taking away the money and properties from the greedy in-laws and good for nothing husband of the couz. 

She manipulated Da Niang to get rid of the spies in her courtyard, and now she got her revenge on Concubine Lin, using their weakness to her advantage to egg Molan and the mom to their own destruction.

All the while getting away scot free, still appearing innocent. 

Arguably, ML could only do that because Molan and the mum was greedy and was in a way willing parties to the whole thing, but she clearly has a hand in getting everything to be where she wants them to be. 

ML is truly a master of disguise. 

Had the world thinking she's quiet, and foolish and outmaneuver everyone, and may I add, without them even noticing they were being played until too late. 

And the fact that she doesn't divulge anything to anyone, and getting rid of all evidence (burning all letters from the aunt) makes her so unreadable to those around her. 

Even grandma said she didn't see that coming from her. 

Madam Liang said that ML is pure and not a seductress like Molan, and part of me was thinking that she's too busy thinking in bigger picture and further than just seduce the male. If only she knows what ML was thinking. 

Feels a bit like the Liang family was also a pawn in her revenge. 

Thankfully for us, she's the protagonist of the show hence we cheered her on, and we cheered at Molan and the mom's downfall. 

2 hours ago, frenchfan said:

My speculation is that she will be one of the last antagonist standing. 

She too is a master of disguise and that's why she had everyone fooled. 

But she will now meet her match. :lol:

1 hour ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I dont want them to take over that house that has bad memories better to have your own house and let the youngest brother and other family member's stay there. 

@ForgottenSoulx  You do have a point.. Yes it may be better for them to have a different house a much better house.. I just hope the evil women don't try and associate there home with his because that house will go through a serious downfal.. Especially now since the old man is dead.. None of the sons are doing much to make a name for themselves unlike what GTY is doing.. It may come down to the elders request for him to take over. At this point I expect GTY to tell them how they used his mother and now him and turn them down coldly..

Also when is ML is suppose to start helping to educate his daughter..?

1 hour ago, linhlinh111 said:

Ep 33: Linniang's death was a surprise. Thought she might hang around a little more.

@linhlinh111  I call it karma

BTW where are you guy's watching, I can only find up to ep 32 on viki.. ? 

3 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

@m0us3y  Yes her up against ML will be a sight to see.. Wit vs Wit. She will think ML is a push over due to her innocense but she will meet her match with her.. Not only that she'll have to deal with them both GTY and ML.. They'll give her a run for her money once ML sees how cunning she is..

6 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

After the recent episodes, I reckon ML is really a wolf in sheep's clothing. 

The way she handles everything, shows how incredibly intelligent and cunning person she is. 

She knows how to hit a person where it hurts most- taking away the money and properties from the greedy in-laws and good for nothing husband of the couz. 

She manipulated Da Niang to get rid of the spies in her courtyard, and now she got her revenge on Concubine Lin, using their weakness to her advantage to egg Molan and the mom to their own destruction.

All the while getting away scot free, still appearing innocent. 

Arguably, ML could only do that because Molan and the mum was greedy and was in a way willing parties to the whole thing, but she clearly has a hand in getting everything to be where she wants them to be. 

ML is truly a master of disguise. 

Had the world thinking she's quiet, and foolish and outmaneuver everyone, and may I add, without them even noticing they were being played until too late. 

And the fact that she doesn't divulge anything to anyone, and getting rid of all evidence (burning all letters from the aunt) makes her so unreadable to those around her. 

Even grandma said she didn't see that coming from her. 

Madam Liang said that ML is pure and not a seductress like Molan, and part of me was thinking that she's too busy thinking in bigger picture and further than just seduce the male. If only she knows what ML was thinking. 

Feels a bit like the Liang family was also a pawn in her revenge. 

Thankfully for us, she's the protagonist of the show hence we cheered her on, and we cheered at Molan and the mom's downfall. 

Well said.She is a very shrewd woman.Any one who dares to mess with her will eventually be paid back with interest.

Only GTY has seen this side of her although in glimpses.

If QH were to know of her cunning and rutheless ways to exact revenge he would have got a  heart attack.:D

11 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@ForgottenSoulx  You do have a point.. Yes it may be better for them to have a different house a much better house.. I just hope the evil women don't try and associate there home with his because that house will go through a serious downfal.. Especially now since the old man is dead.. None of the sons are doing much to make a name for themselves unlike what GTY is doing.. It may come down to the elders request for him to take over. At this point I expect GTY to tell them how they used his mother and now him and turn them down coldly..

Also when is ML is suppose to start helping to educate his daughter..?

@linhlinh111  I call it karma

BTW where are you guy's watching, I can only find up to ep 32 on viki.. ? 

Youtube has raw episodes.They are posted earlier than viki.

4 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Question: In episode 32, does anybody know what grandma wearing a headband mean? Was that a symbol of authority? 

I think it seemed to emphasize that she had a headache or was super stressed out or something. Maybe the stone on it was for a cooling effect? I have no clue lol

Archived