[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

5 minutes ago, dito said:

Reading this I started thinking what if QH saw her like this.....will he still love her??

You know in the dramas..korean or chinese...its always the second lead who falls for the girl first because he sees her real self...while the main lead keeps thinking bad stuff about her. This drama gave that trope a twist. Here the main lead sees her true self and likes her because of that....even though he can guess she must have been doing stuff like this to survive in that house. 

The second lead here wouldn't even dream that the girl he loves is capable of all the scheming and manipulating. 

He was shocked just realizing that she lied to him about riding and playing polo. 

Imagine what he'll feel when he actually sees how she operates.

I think the whole Molan incident started around chapter 80-81 or a few before that.

If QH was privy to how ML orchestrated the down fall of Molan and her mother,he would be mortified.He believes in righteousness.He was shaken by the manipulation of his current wife's mom.He had lamented on the pitiable state of affairs that would give them power to rule the country.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

If QH was privy to how ML orchestrated the down fall of Molan and her mother,he would be mortified.He believes in righteousness.He was shaken by the manipulation of his current wife's mom.He had lamented on the pitiable state of affairs that would give them power to rule the country.

True, but this shows he fell for someone he doesn’t know. Minglan is also a smart woman capable of manipulation.

7 minutes ago, fra8 said:

True, but this shows he fell for someone he doesn’t know. Minglan is also a smart woman capable of manipulation.

Spoiler

Well he knew ml deceived him again and again and that's not an impediment to his love. I think if he knew the manipulation done by ml in order to exact revenge against molan and linniang, he will applaud her as he knew ml was not a malicious person. And molan and linniang has for a long time suppressed ml. 

15 minutes ago, Golden Flower said:

After seeing Zhu Yi Long’s great performance and being promoted so much by drama as second male lead, I felt bad that he took this QH’s role as for (1) not as many scenes being second male lead should (2) have been written like as a character a lot of people are calling weak, wet-blanket, no backbone, selfish, inconsiderate (though I do not agree and only think he has been sheltered too much and naive) (3) no character growth 

Hide contents

From preview/trailer that shows his meeting with ML after her marriage with GTY, I’m getting really upset that “QH told her he loves her better than GTY as he dreams of her every night and she is in his heart all the time. ML responded by saying we both are married and no need to talk about the past.” Their conversation was seen by GTY. If this scene is going to happen, this is really character assassination of QH. You loved someone dearly but continued declaring your love to her after she got married (I don’t know QH gets married to his second wife or not). Imo, at that point, most audience will hate or even feel disgust with this character. I understand writers want to put in scenes for him as QH became pretty much non-existence in the book after 55 chapters, this is very unfair. That’s why I said above no character growth. In the drama, QH became just love-sick dellutional guy. 

Are you serious @Golden Flower??

I saw the trailer but I thought they only show her reaction, which was they can't go back anymore. 

But I don't recall QH said that to her??

Or do U mean the novel?

7 minutes ago, fra8 said:

When someone falls in love they might not know everything about the person they like but will get to know eventually to keep falling in or out of love.It applies for QH and ML too.

6 minutes ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

Well he knew ml deceived him again and again and that's not an impediment to his love. I think if he knew the manipulation done by ml in order to exact revenge against molan and linniang, he will applaud her as he knew ml was not a malicious person. And molan and linniang has for a long time suppressed ml. 

Not too sure if he would approve of it entirely. When ML exposed her polo playing abilities it was to help her friend.An impulsive move out of the goodness of her heart.

Revenge against concubine Lin and Molan was done in a rutheless cold-blooded manner.

1 minute ago, minglan1 said:

Not too sure if he would approve of it entirely. When ML exposed her polo playing abilities it was to help her friend.An impulsive move out of the goodness of her heart.

Revenge against concubine Lin and Molan was done in a rutheless cold-blooded manner.

Spoiler

If so, then he's not for her. Welcome gty. Good bye qh.(leave him to me) ha ha:D

38 minutes ago, dito said:

Reading this I started thinking what if QH saw her like this.....will he still love her??

You know in the dramas..korean or chinese...its always the second lead who falls for the girl first because he sees her real self...while the main lead keeps thinking bad stuff about her. This drama gave that trope a twist. Here the main lead sees her true self and likes her because of that....even though he can guess she must have been doing stuff like this to survive in that house. 

The second lead here wouldn't even dream that the girl he loves is capable of all the scheming and manipulating. 

He was shocked just realizing that she lied to him about riding and playing polo. 

Imagine what he'll feel when he actually sees how she operates.

29 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

Which was why I asked in earlier episodes if QH really loved ML for the sweet innocent girl he knows, the fake facade she puts up. Or perhaps he's in love with the idea of being with me. Maybe he just wants what he couldn't have. 

Because I don't think he truly knows ML. 

ML has never opened up to him. Third conversation always center around his feelings for her. Or things he got her. 

QH doesn't even know that she can ride horses and play polo!

Then again, if QH got ML, maybe she will continue being the ML everyone saw. Which was why she told GTY she can't live for herself. 

And GTY was keen to get her live as herself, for hwrself, which is why she came out from her shell after that?

11 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

Then again, I don't think he will ever find out. 

If ML doesn't open up, she can have the whole world fooled that she has absolutely nothing to do with the whole saga...

And even if someone snitch on her, if ML denies it, I'd say QH will believe her...

Because she clearly doesn't seem like she's that cold blooded...

And he probably still believe in unicorns (which would be why he would still try again)...

1 hour ago, Golden Flower said:

After seeing Zhu Yi Long’s great performance and being promoted so much by drama as second male lead, I felt bad that he took this QH’s role as for (1) not as many scenes being second male lead should have (2) have been written like as a character a lot of people are calling weak, wet-blanket, no backbone, selfish, inconsiderate (though I do not agree and only think he has been sheltered too much and naive) (3) no character growth 

Reveal hidden contents

From preview/trailer that shows his meeting with ML after her marriage with GTY, I’m getting really upset that “QH told her he loves her more than GTY as he dreams of her every night and she is in his heart all the time. ML responded by saying we both are married and no need to talk about the past.” Their conversation was seen by GTY. If this scene is going to happen, this is really character assassination of QH. You loved someone dearly but continued declaring your love to her after she got married (I don’t know QH gets married to his second wife or not). Imo, at that point, most audience will hate or even feel disgust with this character. I understand writers want to put in scenes for him as QH became pretty much non-existence in the book after 55 chapters, this is very unfair. That’s why I said above no character growth. In the drama, QH became just love-sick dellutional guy. 

I don’t know why ZYL accepted this QH role. Even in 2014, he was not popular yet but his second lead role in “love three life,” he got pretty much equal screen times throughout the drama though his character is pretty flawed and suffered one-sided love. (May be he worked with ZLY in a movie before and she invited him for this drama?) 

I think he did a masterful job for the character of Yuan Ruo. How old is the actor because the character he portrays is supposed to be 17 and he did just that, portrayed brilliantly a sheltered royal teenager in love. I thought he was given a lot of screen time but that is me. Maybe his story will get better sometime. 

15 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Are you serious @Golden Flower??

I saw the trailer but I thought they only show her reaction, which was they can't go back anymore. 

But I don't recall QH said that to her??

Or do U mean the novel?

It is from trailer on page 78, you quoted someone's posted that trailer. There was not much interaction between QH and ML after his marriage to princess in the book There was no proposal and love confession by QH at all even before he got married first time. The only time they met after ML's marriage was his twins' 100 days, ML misunderstood QH and got mad at him for including Min in his kids' names. In the trailer, I'm not sure GTY heard the content of conversation because he and shitou were behind the bushes and trees. 

Spoiler

QH actually said he can’t sleep at nights because he misses her (not he dreamed about her, I got confused as I saw it yesterday). Seriously, still bad!

58 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Zyl was not that popular during the filming of this drama. He gained his popularity through the soul town which was broadcasted after the filming of this drama. My answerwhy he took this role is why not??? The producer is Noon production one of the best production, the cast are zly who is known as the queen of rating, the script is excellent, the director is outstanding, the one who directed famously received drama NIF and love me if you dare and the drama is a guaranteed success. Who doesn't wany to involve on this big oustanding IP. And his character involved a lot of emotion which require a high degree of acting talent. It's a good exposure to him. Being called names by the audience is nothing to the actor. It show the his acting was a success the give a huge impact to the audience. 

My thoughts exactly but I bet he got better offers when producers knew he will star in this drama, because big star like ZLY they know the actors will get much exposure. It doesn’t matter if their scene is short as long as they show their acting capabilities they will be remembered like how I still remember Minglan cousin line to her ex husband. @Golden Flower Also, as an actor they should be able to portray any type of characters to challenge themselves. They can’t always be the smart strong type. It’s the same as asking why the actress that plays Manniang always choosing antagonist roles. Well, she is so damn good at it. If that will get her notice by more directors/producers in the future and allow for different roles why not? Simply not having enough screen time or being called names by audience doesn’t matter. If audience really can’t separate real life from fiction that they would hate the actor taking on such roles than that’s a personal problem and not the actors... lol Also taking much screen time may not be so good thing like what happen to ZLY other drama OGT. Many viewers complain the main couple not got much screen time as the other actors.

24 minutes ago, Golden Flower said:

It is from trailer on page 78, you quoted someone's posted that trailer. There was not much interaction between QH and ML after his marriage to princess in the book There was no proposal and love confession by QH at all even before he got married first time. The only time they met after ML's marriage was his twins' 100 days, ML misunderstood QH and got mad at him for including Min in his kids' names. In the trailer, I'm not sure GTY heard the content of conversation because he and shitou were behind the bushes and trees. 

Reveal hidden contents

QH actually said he can’t sleep at nights because he misses her (not he dreamed about her, I got confused as I saw it yesterday). Seriously, still bad!

Ahhh. So that's what he said???

That sentence I actually didn't quite understand. I only understood ML's response...:sweatingbullets:

Okay. That's bad....

Doesn't matter if GTY heard it. It's just bad....

In fact, it doesn't seem very much to be in his character. 

He may be a lil weak and all, but he seems like a gentleman that knows how to respect her and GTY enough to say those words. 

17 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Then again, I don't think he will ever find out. 

If ML doesn't open up, she can have the whole world fooled that she has absolutely nothing to do with the whole saga...

And even if someone snitch on her, if ML denies it, I'd say QH will believe her...

Because she clearly doesn't seem like she's that cold blooded...

And he probably still believe in unicorns (which would be why he would still try again)...

It takes two to tango. If Molan and her mother weren’t such foxes they wouldn’t fall for the trap. They would’ve done something sooner or later because they planned out everything. Minglan didn’t tell them to go do something shameful she just knew they would. That’s why Concubine Lin had all things planned out what to say and what to do to make sure there was no way out of getting Molan married to Liang. Minglan just pushed them to do it sooner, maybe because her aunt can’t stay in the temple forever haha. I kid. 

If QH will be afraid of Minglan for doing what she did if he even finds it out than he is a wuss..Either way he has no right to judge her actions. And he really doesn’t deserve Minglan and he doesn’t know squat...

6 minutes ago, cherubstomato said:

My thoughts exactly but I bet he got better offers when producers knew he will star in this drama, because big star like ZLY they know the actors will get much exposure. It doesn’t matter if their scene is short as long as they show their acting capabilities they will be remembered like how I still remember Minglan cousin line to her ex husband. @Golden Flower Also, as an actor they should be able to portray any type of characters to challenge themselves. They can’t always be the smart strong type. It’s the same as asking why the actress that plays Manniang always choosing antagonist roles. Well, she is so damn good at it. If that will get her notice by more directors/producers in the future and allow for different roles why not? Simply not having enough screen time or being called names by audience doesn’t matter. If audience really can’t separate real life from fiction that they would hate the actor taking on such roles than that’s a personal problem and not the actors... lol Also taking much screen time may not be so good thing like what happen to ZLY other drama OGT. Many viewers complain the main couple not got much screen time as the other actors.

Ha ha.. Like someone pointed before, this is the story of minglan not the story of minglan, qh, gty, etc etc.... :joy:

Archived