[Official] Gao Wei Guang / Vengo Gao / 高伟光 ❤ Dilraba Dilmurat / Di Li Re Ba / 迪丽热巴 - Next project "The Pillow Book"

ReemKanabta

This isn’t “sugar” by any means, more like my own wishful thinking... but a few weeks ago JayWalk announced pre-production on their new series for iQiYi, 镜花奇缘, loosely translated as Mirror Flower Romance, with casting TBA.

If history has taught us anything, and unless they finally decided to promote their other actresses, JayWalk productions are always lead by either Yang Mi or Dilraba in the lead female role. But sooo many of Yang Mi’s fans are already complaining she’s in too many in-house productions and they’re already camping in the comment section to petition against Yang Mi leading the newest production.

I didn’t think too much of it when it was first announced, but during an interview last week, Vengo said he’s taking a little break from filming right now and resting before his next project. And I remember reading somewhere Dilraba is scheduled to wrap filming on The Blue Whisper in July.

I know Vengo has a project with Victoria Song that was announced awhile back, but it’s been postponed for so long, I don’t even know if it’s still confirmed for production. So, what do you guys think are the likelihood GuangRe will lead JayWalk’s newest production? Too wishful thinking??

Odd to say, but I miss when they both were lesser known and collaborated every year. Because they were supporting characters, the audience didn’t pay attention to how many times they collaborated. But it seems ever since ELOD, the chance of seeing them on-screen again has drastically decreased. My only hope is JayWalk, because, as repetitive as it may be, JayWalk productions will ALWAYS cast their own artists. And even though JayWalk has a lot of artists, only few can lead a production. Fortunately for us, both Dilraba and Vengo are one of those few.

• Like 2
  • Blob 4

I think the likelihood of Reba doing an in house production anytime soon is very low at this moment. After The Long Ballad she is shooting two costume dramas back to back I think. I do not think we will see her with Vengo again, unless, they decide to do adapt the Pillowbook extra. To me it would be a little strange for them to collaborate again as different characters, because they were so iconic as Dong Hua and Bai Fengjiu. To many they ARE Dijun and XiaoBai. Haha...acted too well for their own good! 

• Like 3

On 5/21/2021 at 3:56 PM, Fong said:

@chloenynn She doesn't call him Guang Ge. She calls him Wei Guang, Guang shu, Lao Dong Hua. All of the above are endearing terms girls call their boyfriends. She also knows his Tian Tian nickname. 

His hair is finally growing out and he lost weight, you can tell. So happy he found some time to relax and even work on himself. This man is never not handsome. His aura is so manly and warm, you don't get that feeling from young celebs today. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPApzREFNIY/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPBa5dKF4D3/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPBaiORN1da/

He look so good, manly and attractively beautiful in all the short clips. I still can felt Donghua Dijun's vibes on him..

PS: I know I'm being biased when it come to GuangRe..but who's care:)

Thanks for sharing..:loveu:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

21 minutes ago, ChibiYosa said:

I think the likelihood of Reba doing an in house production anytime soon is very low at this moment. After The Long Ballad she is shooting two costume dramas back to back I think. I do not think we will see her with Vengo again, unless, they decide to do adapt the Pillowbook extra. To me it would be a little strange for them to collaborate again as different characters, because they were so iconic as Dong Hua and Bai Fengjiu. To many they ARE Dijun and XiaoBai. Haha...acted too well for their own good! 

Dilraba filmed You Are My Glory after The Long Ballad, and then went straight into The Blue Whisper, which she's currently filming at the moment and is split into two parts, both of which are slated to wrap in July. There are talks of another costume drama—as LovelyLady also mentioned—but it hasn't been confirmed yet.... just like Vengo has the unconfirmed drama with Victoria Song.

I definitely agree their portrayals of Dong Hua and Fengjiu were truly iconic! But I'm still always holding my breathe for them to collaborate once more in a modern drama where they're the leads and the storyline isn't just terrible to make up for V Love.

I am aware it's extremely slim chances to see these two together on-screen again. Mainly because, like I've previously mentioned, it's uncommon for any leading pair to re-partner, especially if the first pairing was so well-received. I can only think of Bai Lu and Xu Kai who partnered in The Legends and then again in Arsenal Military Academy... but that was because their manager was really pushing their pairing after the success of their first series. JayWalk has never tried to push GuangRe, not even during ELOD.

My logical thinking says we're never going to see GuangRe collaborate again ... but whenever JayWalk announces an in-house production, I have to admit my hopes get a little high because I really do believe if we're ever going to see them together again, it's for a JayWalk project. Though, there are rumors on Weibo that Vengo is looking to switch companies... don't know how much I trust those rumors since he's one of JayWalk's leading actors. But if either of them leaves JayWalk, the slim chance will go down to literally none.

• Insightful 3

EVENT: 50 Things You Learn From A Korean Drama

Have you ever tried to explain to your friends and family why you watch k-dramas? What is it that makes them so unique?

Chingus, now is your chance to help us compile a list of what you have learned from watching Korean dramas. :partyblob:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl

Actually in C-ent especially drama reviewer and Jaywalk's artist fans don't like their fav act in Jaywalk productions. Because Jaywalk's production dramas are notoriously lousy and sucks. There's a infamous joke about how Jaywalk manage their artist and their production drama.

So that's why a lot of people really surprise with ELOD's success. Until now, ELOD is the only successful drama from Jaywalk's production. 

A lot of buzz. Hit 8.3 billion views. 

They never thought ELOD can hit 8.3 billions views

《The Long Ballad/CGX hit 3 billions.

CGX has Reba, Wu Lei, Zhao Lusi and Liu Yuning. All of them rank in 明星超话. But, ELOD only have Reba and V. And V isn't like Wu Lei-Zhao Lusi-Liu Yuning that rank in 明星超话 but can hit 8.3 billions. Donghua Dijun and Fengjiu's love story really loved by audience》

I agree with your logical thinking.

So IF one day, V and Reba lead Jaywalk's production drama I hope it will succeed like ELOD. Not lousy-sucks-low buzz like Jaywalk's other dramas. 

For GuangRe shippers, just found this fan edit video :joy: 

• LOL 3
  • Insightful 1

15 hours ago, ChibiYosa said:

I agree. I don't think we'll be seeing RB and V working together again after ELOD. Donghua and Fenjiu are indeed iconic characters. If RB is not as popular, we might get a RB and V collab again. 

• Like 1

Long ballads with the massive marketing, countless bought hot searchs, fry cps marketing, still only hit 3 billion in total from 2 plaforms it's being broadcasted<_<

There is rumor flying arround spread by yxhs that V and Reba's contract are about to expire. Both did not take JX inhouse productions in the past 2 years. Reba with Huace's production. Her next two dramas ( the blue whisper and the emperor book) are Huace's and V from his connection in Beijing and Shanghai film circle. Who know the truth..

V's The outsider has been purchased by Dragon TV. Which is quite fast. It's a star/tv drama as C ent call it. A tv series. Not online drama. Which can be considered as succesfull in its own way. This his third TV dramas after Miss S and Living toward the sun. He's mingle with the right people:joy:

Lot of dramas have difficulty trying to be broadcasted in tv platforms since it has wider audiences.

Lot can only rely on online platforms.

There is an oline movie about patrick whistle plan by Tencent i read back then. May be this is V' next project?

V seem to be guarding his next project hard. I understand it because lot of jealous people out there who are willing to buy lot of black campaigne drafts to undermine him as soon as there is a leak about his new 'cake'.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 5

6 hours ago, Eery2 said:

V's The outsider has been purchased by Dragon TV. Which is quite fast. It's a star/tv drama as C ent call it. A tv series. Not online drama. Which can be considered as succesfull in its own way. This his third TV dramas after Miss S and Living toward the sun. He's mingle with the right people:joy:

Lot of dramas have difficulty trying to be broadcasted in tv platforms since it has wider audiences.

Lot can only rely on online platforms.

TV stations tend to choose productions they believe will appeal to a wider audience, like you mentioned. Which, unfortunately means many idol productions end up broadcasting online because the audience for those productions can be very specific and limited. ELOD was a rare exception.

But Vengo has successfully distance himself from idol productions into mature productions, and I’m so proud of him for it. He definitely paid his dues with all of the lukewarm idol productions he participated in during his earlier years. A lot of idol artists try to make the same move as they age, but truthfully, not a lot can make the move successfully. Dilraba still has a few years before she has to worry about dropping her idol image, but I hope she’s already thinking about it—seek and demand for mature productions that will help her career later on.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, chloenynn said:

TV stations tend to choose productions they believe will appeal to a wider audience, like you mentioned. Which, unfortunately means many idol productions end up broadcasting online because the audience for those productions can be very specific and limited. ELOD was a rare exception.

But Vengo has successfully distance himself from idol productions into mature productions, and I’m so proud of him for it. He definitely paid his dues with all of the lukewarm idol productions he participated in during his earlier years. A lot of idol artists try to make the same move as they age, but truthfully, not a lot can make the move successfully. Dilraba still has a few years before she has to worry about dropping her idol image, but I hope she’s already thinking about it—seek and demand for mature productions that will help her career later on.

Yeah, reba probably got 5 years max to still be in this idol circle before people deem her too old for it. Or she can play older sister love story with younger male idol like the one play by Vic song and Song wei long. Even now she started getting pair with younger idol like wu lei in long ballad and simon in the emperor book. And her haters has start calling her auntie:joy:

So GuangRe is an auntie-uncle cp now for c ent standart:loolz:

Such a waste of her talent as an actor. How many interesting roles she can play if only she's willing to work harder for her acting. Doctors, military, ordinary people...

• Like 1

Reba and Donut (Vengo's fandom name)

V and Reba's lock necklace for man and woman

Same brand shoes 'Starwalk' for recent event.

V for Happy Camp.

Reba for birthday livestream.

From Reba's official studio :

GuangRe fandom said Reba wear purple. It's Donghua Dijun iconic color. 

https://m.weibo.cn/6269329742/4643791376488638

From GuangReCP China :

https://m.weibo.cn/2585389340/4644079654408926

Same style? 

https://m.weibo.cn/6012290066/4644068548674682

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

27 minutes ago, Yan Cao said:

Did anyone notice the reflection from the window in Reba’s birthday photos ? Hopefully it's from our affectionate Gaoweiguang :fullofhearts:

yes! yes!! im assuming can it be?! V?  is reba give us clue? Hug donuts? hahaha! im having sugar rush! happy birthday reba! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, sheonfire said:

yes! yes!! im assuming can it be?! V?  is reba give us clue? Hug donuts? hahaha! im having sugar rush! happy birthday reba! 

I think we’re all hoping it might be V—but it actually seems the reflection is of a woman because in some of the photos you can see the person has long black hair, and even sitting down, seems to not be tall enough to be Vengo :(

Related question… has GuangRe ever publicly wished each other HB on Weibo before? I know Dilraba sent birthday wishes to Allen Ren this year, but I just assume it’s because they were together on set.