[Drama 2016/2017] Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo, 역도 요정 김복주

Maetawinz

15 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Seems like everyone is gone. :D 

Not everyone!!!!  And give your Mom a hug:D

PastElaborateAruanas-size_restricted.gif

Come and join us in making a few memories...  I miss you all ... Even if you don't stay you will have known I thought about you. Some  we have known have changed their names or left.

Praying you all have a Happy New Year and are blessed with making amazing memories with your families and loved ones...

@kokodus dancing partner  @lynne22 Big Boss @angelangie @TRaNz @Lmangla @staygold miss that owl.

Our real angel up above@CatchMine_ID & @abnoch and little sister @bairama  @stargazer187 @bedifferent 

@onlysb1 @CamelKnight & wife  @stroppyse

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eps 9 & 10 was angst filled with our gal struggling to accept herself as beautiful even if she’s a weightlifter . I Guess this is part of the growing pains of becoming an adult & finding one’s own identity.  My favourite bits were seeing JH ‘s growing attraction to her . He’s gone above & beyond what a friend needs to do , and I love how sensitive he is to her feelings  . I am just glad the whole crush on Jae Yi is out in the open . It’s about time our girl realises she has got a gem next to her . 

Ooo yes @Dhakra i know how much you love that iconic floating scene 

Happy 2020 @USAFarmgirl :heart:

Episode 8

~ Bravo BJ for giving it straight out to SH. I love that

Some of the things she said that I love:

- JH hurt your feelings because of you, not because of me.

- "Now I know why JH dislikes you and doesn't want you back."

- "Why would I be afraid of that skinny girl"

~ SH accused BJ that she doesn't know anything about her relationship with JH. Well, same goes to her... She doesn't know anything about BJ's relationship with JH and why is she making such a big fuss about it, enough to leave the diet diary.

~ It's so cute to see how comfortable BJ is in JH's embrace. He is sure trying to take advantage of the moment to hug her, but she is just not noticing the hug and just clueless with it chattering away :lol:

~ Aw man, I cried with the three girls when they made up at the rooftop... yeah, yell out all the frustration and made up! Best Friends Forever!

~ It's sad to see how SH's family is falling apart because of her gymnastics. I blame it on the mother. But that is also why I said before that she has her focus on the wrong things. She should be paying more attention to the issues within her family instead of thinking about how to get JH back. That shouldn't be her focus for the time being.

Episode 9

~ JH is so sweet for always helping BJ relieve her stress and get her out of her bad mood .

~ Oh no... I knew the doc is going to go watch her competition. It's sweet of him, but he didn't realized the damage it would create. I'm glad that BJ kept to the task though and able to lift the weight properly and won the gold medal.

Episode 10

~ Gosh, I can just feel how down BJ must've been feeling because she was seen "at her worst" by the person she likes.

~ Poor Jae Yi. It's not easy being a kind person... :sweatingbullets:

Episode 11:

~ Break time... I think that's a good decision by the father and coach for BJ. She can explore more outside the weightlifting world so she knows for certain what her true love is.

~ Love seeing her excitement when she jotted down what are the things she wants to do. A lot have to do with a boyfriend :D

~ Ji Soo cameo! B)

~ Jealous mode on for JH. He is so funny... The way he is already confessing to BJ (wait, it's actually proposing already!) about having her stand next to him instead of playing the Wedding March on the piano, but alas... our clueless champion is still not getting the hint... LOL... maybe because he's joked and teased her too much in the past. I pity JH for the hard time he's going to have in confessing his love :lol: Looking forward to the time when BJ realized her feelings for him.

~ What a contrast BJ's father is compared to SH's mother - "Do what you want to do. It's your life, not mine."

~ Haha... It didn't take long, the confession. And yes, do it the straightforward way and sealed it with a kiss. I love the way JH confessed, what he said, and he immediately swoop in for a kiss. And then BJ's awkwardness and disbelief after the whole confession thing :lol:

~ Unexpected development with JH's bestie and Seon Ok...?

Episode 12

• I forgot about SH sleepwalking. I want to protect her so badly :( 
  • JH's face after hearing his best friend's voice is so priceless. 
  • I don't even know how it ends betweem him and SO and if there something happening. 
  • Piano teacher is REALLY beautiful.
  • Honestly I really like the end of this episode, JI reaction to punch this guy was correct, but I love AY reaction and how she scold JI even more. Finally she was brave enough and told him about her feelings. 
    She must have felt devasted to find out that he really has no feelings. Her "This is the end" is so powerful.
  • Oh the scene of BJ talking to her Dad on the phone. Yeah, I have to skip that scene. :D Glad I was able to remember this before the scene started.
  • The snow kiss between JH & BJ is probably one of the most beautiful Kdrama-kisses.

@Dhakra  @ktcjdrama I remember now why I loved eps 11 so much...ahahahahah ...I won the kiss bet. I had predicted that the first kiss would be in this eps.  Loved the eps because JH finally plucked up enough courage to confess and plant that kiss....and of course my baby Ji Soo's cameo was icing on the cake. I cracked up each time BJ called him oppa, and it was worth it seeing JH jealous. I guess that gave him the push to say how he felt . Also remember now that BJ's uncle and coach choi had a love line. So cute. I thought this break for BJ was timely as it gave her a chance to reexamine what it is that she wanted for herself.  Looking forward to her bucket list getting ticked off one by one in the next eps and for her to accept JH's confession.

I did feel bad for SH at the end. Her sleepwalking and stuffing herself  unconsciously . I do wish she had an adult she could rely on or turn to help the way JH and BK have.

Hey @bairama. How are you dear? Happy 2020. 

@triplemOh I remember the kiss bet. I lost :joy: Like always. 

I remember the love line between uncle and Choi, I just forgot they actually kissed. But I also knew it because soon there will be another cameo that I look forward to. :D You should remember it aswell. So many of my fav actresses are part of this drama. 

Watching it completely this time is really great. 

Yeah, exactly. SH is all on her own, BJ has plenty people around her, SH is completely on her own and her coach is always putting her under stress and demands perfection. She is so strict and unsupportive. 

Episode 13

• The music while BJ gets ready and puts make up on is so happy and cheerful. I love the OST so much.
  • Seeing SH in a hospital still makes me sad :( 
  • I mean just see her at the hospital when JH visited her. She is so nice to him, so genuine. How can anyone call her bad or "evil ex"? She is far away from evil. She such a warm and good hearted person. She is so smart aswell now. 
  • BJ gets jealous so easily. :D But as a guy should always know, an ex is and will always be a problem. So better keep her away. 
  • It's so interesting to see how age alone makes relationships so much different. I feel like Ah Young & JI, although not dating, have such a much more complicated relationship. I mean work is already required here, even if they are not dating. 
  • I also realize only now how Ah Young and JH both use the word "charity work", but in so different scenarios. Both react differently, it is also interesting to see how the "Brothers" react to it. JI just deals with it, and I remember how mad I was back then that he let her go. He just lets her walk away and does nothing. 
    I was so mad at him when first watching this, how could he allow her to walk away like this? 
    JH took this as opportunity.
    Even AY is sad to see him walk away so easily.
  • The scene where JH puts warm pads on BJ's feet is probably still the most romantic scene ever on a drama. Although they barely speak, his actions and everything gives away so much vibes and information. It is so beautiful to watch. Better than every first kiss.

Episode 14

• The way JH pushes his best friend away is so funny. With what force he almost fly through the room. :D 
  • I also completely forgot that TK really asked SO a lot. They really do hint at a potential relationship between the two.
  • JI tries, he really tries.
  • "That's your ex-girlfriends".........:huh::huh::wacko: Uhm....
  • giphy.gif
    SH saves the day.  :D 
  • Omg the best scene ever when BJ catches JH on the fake date and threatens to kill him. And how she confronts the girl to take her hands off of him. So nice! And not to forget. :D 
    EiJYWk.gif&key=efcba3fa6fd8cc31365b56645
    How they talk and talk and NH makes it worse with every word. 
  • The silent talk between JH and TK is so funny. That is so guy typical. :D 
  • TK is hands down acting so accurately. :joy: :joy: That is the most precise reaction of a best friend you ever get. 
  • And here ends SH arc -_-Still my fav girl of all time. 
  • Let's be honest. JH's mom is the real bad and most evil person of this drama. Episode 15 will be hard again,

On 1/7/2020 at 11:52 PM, Dhakra said:

Yeah, exactly. SH is all on her own, BJ has plenty people around her, SH is completely on her own and her coach is always putting her under stress and demands perfection. She is so strict and unsupportive. 

I too realized that SH is on her own, and I super dislike her coach who is always so demanding without encouraging. But SH puts people at arms length, so it’s no wonder she is alone. The guy who wanted to be there for her, she shut him off too eventually. I hope she will change some of her outlook so as not to be so stressed out but take things more easily. That should help her to view her problems differently and be able to solve it. 

I finished ep.12, but am behind in catching up the rest. Got tempted to savor Chocolate first :P 

Episode 12

~ LOL when the boys are fighting over the headband of the devil... It's mine. That's mine. Mine mine mine.

~ That gaze JH gave her when he put his hand in her pocket while watching the fireworks :wub:

Episode 15

• I love how JH calls his aunt "mom" on the phone in front of his birth mom. It resembles very well how far away she is from being his actual mom. 
    Or how he asks his mom for water and both stand up. Sigh. his aunt really is his true mom.
  • NJH acting still is probably one of the best acting scenes I have ever seen in my life. His performing, his crying, his monologue feels so natural and is so perfectly on point. This is the scene that catapulted him into the position of my fav actor.
    The whole scene gives me goosebumps since it is so amazingly acted out. His tears, his words, his whole body language is superb. I love it
  • His words though are way too cruel to his aunt. His heart-broken, okay and it turns out his birth mom is probably one of the most evil people, but that wasn't fair. His aunt loves him so much, he is like an actual son to her. 
  • Slap totally deserved.
  • Poor Aunt-Mom :( 
  • KIM SEUL GI :wub::wub::wub::wub::heart::love:
    giphy.gif
    WHAT A BEAUTY. Her eyes are amazing!
  • The scene where BJ is just leaving the interview is so beautiful ♥
  • Kim Seul Gi is just so goddamn pretty~
  • JH smile while hearing BJ on the phone is so priceless.
  • His mom, his aunt and BJ all guessed his shoe size. Only his real mom failed to do it. That is telling a lot. Even BJ had it right.
  • The reunion of JH & his mom is so beautiful and makes me so teary. It's so beautiful.
  • OHHH I remember this scene! JH gives his mom the handkerchief back. Boyy I remember how savage this scene is. It's pretty much telling her he moved on from her and doesn't need her anymore. He chose his "real" mother. It such a slap in her face.
    He gave her back the only thing that connected them. He is now free from her.
  • She won't have a pleasant flight back.
  • The spontaneous, improvised scene. :D Still funny. 

Episode 16

• I didn't even know that SH is becoming an assistant coach. That's great.
  • Seeing NH training for the first time. :D 
  • TG and Seon OK hugging at the stairs. So cute. But feels like they didn't really start to go off....
  • ....oh, he asked her for a date and watch a movie. I completely forgot this also. Wow. Her surprised face was also so cute.
  • Ohh...he wanted to grab her hand. ^_^
  • And he finally does at the cinema. So they did become a couple?
  • Worst excuse ever by JH. But also so unnecessary to have a fight in the last episode.
  • Finally JI grabbed AY and confessed.....kinda......I wished for a more beautiful confession, but fine. I take what I can get and they are such a beautiful couple.
  • The scene between JH and BJ dad is so beautiful. 
  • I wonder how the first conversation was between BJ and her seniors. :D 
  • The scene at the airport is pure :heart:
  • But we really doesn't learn if the ship between TG and SO sailed.
  • The feeling of Fairy ending still is the same. It feels like something gets taken away :(  I really wished they had done a second season. 
  • Oh gosh; I remember the upset at the end. BJ doesn't accept JH proposal. He proposes and all she has to say is "I'll think about it"

2 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Oh gosh; I remember the upset at the end. BJ doesn't accept JH proposal. He proposes and all she has to say is "I'll think about it"

Yeah . I remember you being salty about it.  They are still really young & I think it realistic considering they are both not financially independent yet . Regardless, it was still a happy ending in my books cuz they are still together & have a bright future ahead of them 

Finally have time to continue watching...

Ep.13 was sweet with all the jealousy bouts going around... JH is such a tease, but definitely a sweet boyfriend to have. Glad that SH finally got an "awakening" and seems all positive going forward. I wish her well.

Ep.14 ~ It's hilarious that they're displaying public affection, seen by her father and best friends, but none of them is the wiser, LOL.... The friends finding out is so hilarious too, blackmailing JH to treat them meat. Love seeing the friendship developing between BJ And SH. I had guessed that SH will let the ribbon dropped. Good for her! She does not need to put herself under all those pressures just for her coach's glory.

Archived