[Drama 2016/2017] Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo, 역도 요정 김복주

Maetawinz

@USAFarmgirlHey :D Glad to see you being here aswell. Happy that you join us.

@ktcjdramaI'm so happy to have a new pair of eyes here. :D The iconic scene is so hilarious.

33 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Uncle vs Coach Choi lifting the huge soup pot :lol: Are we going to see a love line between them? Gosh, those chicken looks so appetizing...

Just wait and see :D 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thoughts for Ep.7

- Coach, coach... why do you have to go to the parent immediately? Can't you talk to the kid first? Moving up a weight class isn't even what she wants but they kinda pushed her into it.

- So SH regretted her actions, and she knew what she did was terrible. She even knows that it's not even a love triangle situation... sigh, if only she thinks through her actions. She put her focus on wrong things, that's why she kept failing to perform well in her training, and everything else. She really does need to see a professional to deal with and overcome her issues instead of trying to win back JH. Will having JH in her life make her a better gymnast and have a better outlook? I doubt it, tbh. She has other deep seated issues to resolve.

- I feel so sad seeing BJ having to face the strong reactions from her father. And when she was pouring her heart out (to Doc) in front of the weight clinic. I actually cried when she was receiving the caning from Coach Choi. Well, at least Coach then found out the real reason and can give proper support to her.

- I laughed, with tears in my eyes, at the sausage bait by JH. He is so sweet to cheer BJ up with food and clubbing :lol: They even stayed the night out! Ha!

- Love her Uncle for speaking up for BJ with Dad. And Dad is so sweet to buy lipstick for BJ even though he was super uncomfortable about it :D

- See, I knew that JH will figure out SH is the one exposing BJ's secret. One good thing is that she didn't try to hide that but admitted to JH immediately. She once again showed her selfishness in saying that she did so because she wasn't happy to see JH giggling with BJ, that they went to the same school (hello, can anyone ever change this fact?). Why does she have to be unhappy about BJ trying to lose weight? It's only because she thought BJ is doing that for JH. Can't JH be defending just a friend? Why she needs to question what kind of relationship they have, whether BJ is his girlfriend or not? She is being very possessive of someone who isn't even hers anymore. And she even promised a crazier act if he continued to push her? Sorry, but despite her pretty look, she looks ugly then and even uglier when she snatched the phone away from BJ and screamed at her for making passes to JH. Too accusative for an ex. I can't even bring myself to like her, much less an ex-bf who's been hurt because she left him, whatever the reason was. It reminded me a quote by Maya Angelou "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." JH felt hurt by her leaving, and it's not going to be easy for him to forget that, and she is definitely not making it easy for him to forget.

11 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Coach, coach... why do you have to go to the parent immediately? Can't you talk to the kid first? Moving up a weight class isn't even what she wants but they kinda pushed her into it.

Well probably they thought he knows about it and asked? Kinda the same thing with how they asked her dad first about the weight increase. 

12 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

So SH regretted her actions, and she knew what she did was terrible. She even knows that it's not even a love triangle situation... sigh, if only she thinks through her actions. She put her focus on wrong things, that's why she kept failing to perform well in her training, and everything else. She really does need to see a professional to deal with and overcome her issues instead of trying to win back JH. Will having JH in her life make her a better gymnast and have a better outlook? I doubt it, tbh. She has other deep seated issues to resolve.

Of course she did. She is not a bad person, although @triplemhad a very bad nickname for her back then. 

She is just desperate, she lost the only thing she loved and she sees how he moves away from her further and further. And then there is only a potential rival. Yeah BJ claims she isn't interested, but SH always sees them hanging around together and JH having fun and interacting with her.

Her mind went dark and she regret it, but too late. 

Especially later I do think it get explained very well why she has such a hard time. 

Episode 7

• Coach Choi always was the hidden star of the drama. She always acted like a mom to BJ. I can understand her disappointmend.
  • You can clearly see how SH also regrets her actions while being in the room and after leaving. She knows she did something wrong. She even questions herself how far she will go and that she reached a low point. 
    She realized that she did something horrible to someone. She is not without conscience. This is not your average hateful ex-gf who isn't aware of her actions. She acted impulsively. She knows she is jealous, normally these type of girls don't even see their own actions.
  • Ah Young is right behing SH in my fav girls list. :D 
  • JH's moms look when she saw JI being on the phone with a girl. Gazes of a mom looking for a daughter-in-law.
  • OMG HERE was the first time my fav theme song is playing? I always thought the first time was later in JI office, but it already played during the scene in his car with AY.
    First of all, hurting AY is the worst, she is the most genuine and lovable girl. 
  • But DO YOU GIRLS KNOOOOOW how long I searched for this theme song? This calming, fantastic piece of music? It's so beautiful and I loved it so much back then. Even now I listen to it regularly. But it wasn't written down anywhere, even in the official OST (which I bought hoping it would be on it) this peace of OST wasn't included. I took me two years of searching to finally find it. TWO YEARS!
  • I think Coach Choi only is so hard to BJ  because she doesn't tell her why she went there. She's hurt. She feels bad to be like that to her.
  • Let's be honest, the most evil person who never smiles is Shi Ho's Coach. 
  • You need friends like NH in your life, she is the best friend you can have. :) 
  • Coach Choi is so understanding. I really wish BJ would have been honest to her. Her smile while explaing her past to BJ is so heartwarming. I think she felt relieved that it was simply love and that she could relate to that. She is such a hidden mom. Her smile is so beautiful. 
  • I love seeing happy Shi Ho.
  • And at least she is honest and admits it right away. She is completely telling him her feelings and I can relate to that. Jealousy is one of the most painful feelings and make you do dumb stuff.
    But she is asking JH a couple of interesting questions.
  • She is even aware that she might go crazy and that she did bad stuff.
  • ....okay....I know this will backfire again and @triplemalready rolled her eyes back then at me and this may take away a bit of my credibility. 
    But damn, Shi-Ho was SO hot when she took BJ phone and scolded her. I like girls who are fighting for their man and do stuff like that. That's so sexy how she appraoched BJ and lashed out.

5 hours ago, Dhakra said:

She is just desperate, she lost the only thing she loved and she sees how he moves away from her further and further. And then there is only a potential rival. Yeah BJ claims she isn't interested, but SH always sees them hanging around together and JH having fun and interacting with her.

You know how I would go about it? I would be BJ’s best friend and hang out around her all the time, so I get to hang out around JH also. Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer. Yeah, I am a more scheming person compared to SH :P 

i never get bored with this drama. This drama is one of my best of the best drama. Usually after it wrapped up I always move on to another drama and forget. But this one is one of three dramas that I always get back on watching. And it keeps my hearts flutter while watching it.

The chemistry is no joke, maybe because they were really dating back then, but seriously it's no joke. I always want to have one like Joo Hyuk character in this drama as boyfriend. But that means I have to be like Bok Joo LOL...

They were so sweet and funny and so realistic. Not too over romance but just right to keep me swooning and laugh seeing them together.

I hope I can find another one drama that can make me feel like this one. So it will add my list into 4 most loved drama of all time.

20 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

@ktcjdramaWell she kinda tried that. The moment in the cafeteria where she pulled her over and sat with them on the table? 

But he stood up right away, so I guess that wasn't going to work either. 

If she is desperate enough, she can try again and again, not just give up one time, of course without making the effort too obvious. He knew she sat down then because of wanting to get near him. I think he also knew she isn’t the type of person who would be so friendly with BJ, so he naturally would question her intention sitting down together. Whatever she is doing now is driving him away too anyway, so why not hang around the person that he enjoys being with. At least if he doesn’t stay, he has no chance to get close to the rival too.

Episode 8

Uhhh second half. :D Now the GOOD stuff slowly begins!

• Have to say SH reason in front of BJ was quite weak. It didn't really made sense, she was seeing ghosts. But it was also quite important to make her say it. It was something serious and that's why JH was hurt. She destroyed something very precious and if JH doesn't want her anymore, it's reasonable and understandable. 
    I mean I would give her a second chance all day, but out desperation and pressure she made a lifetime decision.
  • She is kinda sexy approaching a weightlifter though, she could have get hurt way more.
  • JH looks so nice on the roof. He really feels sorry and has such a gentle face.
  • The bedscene is just so cute, also how BJ worried about him. 
  • Coach Seong (Shi Ho's coach) has the most fake smile ever. How can anyone be so fake friendy? She is scarier than anything. 
  • SH as concerning sis comforting her little sister. I like it a lot. But this also see under how much pressure SH is and why she does what she's doing. Her actions have a reason. It's how she says it, it burdens her that her life is also the life of her mom.
  • I like how JH talks about his aunt-mom.
  • Girls fighting and discussing is so complicated. And ALL this crying. That's why it is way easier when men are fighting, one nodding, one shoulder punch or one beer and everything is gucci again. :D 
  • Coach Choi and Uncle are THE best. :D I laughed so hard at their drinking behavior. I completely forgot this. 
  • JH parents are so cute. Their look regarding the shoe size was so lovely. 
  • I still love JH respond. "I bet you've never gone to the movies with a guy". So savage :joy:
  • "Your album is empty" pretty much summarizes SH life right now.
  • I can remember how much the end killed us back then. 

Episode 9

• The brotherhood between JH and JI is always so nice. It's so rare in dramas that two brother actually are so close.
  • The girl who speaks during the 3on3 date, her face looks familiar.....where do I know her from? :huh:
    Okay I did a bit of research and luckily I found her. She's Lee Ha Eun, she portrayed the Manager in "Liar and his Lover". @triplem You remember her? She has the second love line in the drama with the actual good kiss.
  • I remember how we were fooled by this scene on the bench. We totally thought it was their first kiss.
  • "Please pick a side and stay with it" is probably one of my fav quotes of the drama. :D The scene is so, so funny.
  • The gaze of BJ uncle is so priceless. :joy:
  • Coach Choi is SO MVP of the drama. 
  • AY and JI are so meant for each other. I remember their plot interested me so much. I especially loved her scenes and how she handled and will handle the situation. I guess I still know how their story ends, but seeing them it is really weird how he could not see it.
  • She talks way too much though when she is nosy. :D 
  • Oh, this is already the beach "date" episode. Awww.
  • The way JH talked to BJ about himself, his brother and all. BJ learned so much about him here, this is such an important scene.
  • I always loved the transition of BJ's face between hearing first it is of BJ and her being nervous and then suddely hearing that they are not actualy brothers. That really was a big thingy and it surprised her a lot. 
  • But after SH deleted JH from her phone, she really out them both aside and lived her own life. I like that. 

c33d82c6581550ababe84cbfc314b71f.jpg483f56528c6d078493f95d896251760d.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlVZ6l4KB9W-0UFh0pfvzG9cm7FmFVRRozqfQZgFzwjljitQSy&s

To me this episode was precious in how it speaks so clearly to every persons heart about how it feels to allow yourself to become truly vulnerable.  To reach out for someone in taking the risks and chances all because you can't help but follow your heart into the unknown.  I loved her thoughts on the beach in understanding herself that one sided feelings and crushes are painful when those feelings aren't returned.  Yet it can't stop you from placing your heart out there no matter how many times you find yourself taking it back.

I guess my favorite scene was JH cupping her face within the palms of his warm hands.  Giving her the support in looking straight into her eyes and saying all those things that all of us often need.  In just having someone to say I am here and I care about you and what you are facing or going through.  Whether it's making her laugh or encouraging her with just the right words.  It's about being there for the good and the bad, for the happy and the sad.  It's about where relationships begin, trust and sharing opening yourselves up and turning it into friendship and if your blessed something more...

Yes @Dhakra I remember the girl from the Liar & His Lover . Urgg the kisses in that show from the main OTP was bad :joy:

Anyway I’m up to eps 8 . Love the development btwn JH & BJ , both are slowly growing attached to each other without knowing it .  I did feel sorry for Shi Ho . In this episode, she’s not the evil ex but the pitiful ex . It’s sad that she has no one else to lean on; it’s clear that the ship has sailed as far as JH & her are concerned. I’m glad too that Jae Yi finds out about BJ being a weightlifter. She can’t possibly hide it forever if she & JH are going to be together 

@ktcjdrama the way they get them to eat to bulk  up is pretty scary . How does one even digest so much at a go ? 

23 hours ago, triplem said:

Yes @Dhakra I remember the girl from the Liar & His Lover . Urgg the kisses in that show from the main OTP was bad :joy:

Worst kisses ever. You were able to park a small car between their chins and their lips barely touched. Sigh......I dislike Idols in Kdramas. 

Going to watch ep10 now. Probably the best ep :ph34r:

Episode 10

• JH trying not to cry while seeing BJ is so touching. He is such a nice guy. Especially how he scolds his brother.
    It is not JI fault though. How could he know, all they did was lying to him over and over again.
  • JH taking care of BJ is so cute! He treats her so well.
  • Oh that meeting at the restaurant. I remember....that though......was really dumb of JI. Especially exposing JH and dragging him into this. Apologizing for her feelings is so weird. Or apologizing that she fell for him or given false signs is so......not smart.
  • I also love JH reaction to this and confronting his brother. 
  • The way JH is walking behind BJ he really knows he did something bad and gets scolded. He looks like a puppy that is awaiting moms scolding.
  • JH words talking back definitely had some impact. BJ was able to see he may have a point there.
  • "Who will love you if you are ashamed of yourself?" 
    That sentence hit like a truck. So true and important words. Porbably best line of the drama
  • JH had so many great speeches this episode. The things he said to his brother were also so meaningful. How he felt about him being so considerate of him. It's so amazing. It has so much feels in it. The spectrum of emotions this drama has is so insane. 
  • I love how JI goes into his brothers room and just watched his things, being all sad and emotional and thinking about their brotherhood.
  • And here we also have my fav scene of the drama:
    giphy.gif
  • JH floating on the water. The place where he feels the safest. Like I said back then, he once mentioned that water feels warm, like a hug from his mom. So that's why he went here, to feel safe and warm.
  • Coach Choi ♥
  • JI smile after Fake scolding JH is priceless. And he knows JH has feelings for BJ.
  • :smirk:Still love how SH rejects that guy and denies his attempt to kiss her!
  • BJ just lost a second mom.
  • JH is also so cute being worried. 

Fairy10-00019.jpgeaafcf35a0f94ecbae64982952b56890.jpeg?x=bdf9e88333261e6de0fed4f831ab5c7a9.jpg

It's hard not to admire JH and his ability to walk into a room and see her from a distance and know how she is feeling without one word spoken.  So in tune with her personality that he knows without a doubt.  He understands her pain and that underneath this strong body lies a young woman's soft heart.  Even later when he could hear her crying but stayed back in giving her space and understanding.  Even dealing with his brother when in fact he was so emotional and upset because these feelings within him are right on the surface.  It's like he wants to protect her but these feelings raging within himself are not even fully known to him.

He does everything to cheer her up and help her focus on whats good around her but never makes fun or belittles what she is going through or feeling.  I loved when she said it so simply that my heart feels stuffed and I feel weird and sick and what do I do.  You can see it in his eyes before he even responds and steps forward to wrap himself around her and pats her back.

It's the caring that is felt and the warmth that is given. 

It's no wonder I loved this drama and still do...

Seems like everyone is gone. :D 

Episode 11

• I love the scene where JH realizes he is in love and kinda  "dating" someone. :) 
  • JH list what BJ should do is so cute. He is completely in love.
  • The piano teacher is really pretty. ♥ 
  • And there is @triplem's fav boy Ji Soo. :D 
  • JI knows right away if JH is in love. I love their brotherhoof so much.
  • BJ directly called him oppa. :D It's so clear JH got hit by that really hard
  • Jealous JH is scaaaaary, Ji Soo doesn't know anything what's going, BJ is completely excited about everything and JH sounds like he is insane.
  • Well how fast "the right time" can be if someone is threatening to steal the girl we love. :D 
  • BJ is so slow realizing stuff. 
  • Omg I completely forgot that Coach Choi kissed BJ's uncle. I even forgot he confessed to her. Their kiss was so crazy. :joy:
  • Ohhh finally......the most legendary scene!
    Spoiler

Still the best first kiss of all time. The scene is so perfect. The kiss, the music, the feel, her reaction, the angle, it's so simple and so beautiful. The whole scene afterwards is also so perfect. 

I love everything about it. Perfect first kiss. Also the way he started the whole scene. His words are chosen so perfectly.

• JH reaction at their spot speaking about love and their relationship is so great, his reaction is also so mature and wise.
    He doesn't feel rejected when she says she never thought about it. Instead he took it as an opportunity. 
  • I also like his facials expression here. I actually took this little nose raising thing before "I take it as a yes" and do it myself quite often. :D 
  • Her gaze when she was thinking about the kiss. She just realized it when being with her friends.

Archived