[Drama 2016/2017] Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo, 역도 요정 김복주

Maetawinz

Got off eps 3 . @ktcjdrama I too like  seeing BJ having a major crush  ! I realised she’s raised by two men & never had a girly kind of childhood.  So for the 1st time she’s wanting to be more feminine and all  ...cute ! 

I think it’s safe to say JH is already beginning to notice her differently , like he’s also subconsciously attracted to her but does not realise it yet. It was quite swoony how he went up against those men at the restaurant because he could not stand them degrading the girls . Of course , the comedy kicks in with him running for his life after that :lol:!!

@Dhakrai confess I did feel sorry  for Shi Ho.  Seeing her family circumstances, I can understand why she’s all prickly & defensive . Still  , I don’t think she can use JH as an emotional pillow . Like she’s trying to push her way back into his life , because nothing else is going well  for her . That ain’t right . I think this was my pet peeve when I watched it the 1st time round . But this round , I do feel a bit more for her . 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

- I love that because of their past childhood connection the OTP's interaction is already very close, although limited to bickering and not yet an item. JH is such a savage in teasing BJ.

He has such an evil grin when he teases her sometimes :D 

Whoa you are already at ep 5 :huh:

39 minutes ago, triplem said:

i confess I did feel sorry  for Shi Ho.  Seeing her family circumstances, I can understand why she’s all prickly & defensive . Still  , I don’t think she can use JH as an emotional pillow . Like she’s trying to push her way back into his life , because nothing else is going well  for her . That ain’t right . I think this was my pet peeve when I watched it the 1st time round . But this round , I do feel a bit more for her . 

:D Goooood!

I use the same reasoning like two years ago. She did a mistake, she is under so much pressure, her whole family relies on her. Her parents pay her educaton & place at the university. You know how her mother works at a big store and does multiple jobs, they even live in a small apartment so Shi-Ho can chase her dream. Her whole family works for her spot at the university, even her little sister suffers from it. 

She is doomed to be succesful, she has to have success to someday pay her family back. So every inch that doesn't bring her forward is bad. And if she doesn't do progress, she has to change something and spent more time. 

And as bad as it was, it was JH that had to go. Sure it was crushing for him, but based on her life circumstances back then, it was an understandable choice. And it did help her.

But now that she failed and has grown more as a person, she did see her mistake and what is more important in life. And I still think asking him for forgiveness, admitting she did a mistake and pay the price is reasonable. After all she is a perfect girlfriend. 

She knows she did a mistake and you can bet, she won't do it twice.

Sometimes you need to fall down to realize what's important in life. 

8 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

He has such an evil grin when he teases her sometimes :D 

Whoa you are already at ep 5 :huh:

I like seeing NJH in this role. I think it suits him much and I'm seeing a different side of him.

Haha, sorry I had to progress a bit faster this week because next week I probably won't be able to squeeze in 4 episodes.

Starting ep3 now. :D 

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I like seeing NJH in this role. I think it suits him much and I'm seeing a different side of him.

Haha, sorry I had to progress a bit faster this week because next week I probably won't be able to squeeze in 4 episodes.

Yeah, I liked his role here a lot too. His acting is superb aswell. In one of the later episodes he has a scene that I would call legendary acting. :D It's so good. 

No problem :) 

12 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

- Brother is sweet guy. Totally understand why BJ is falling for him 

He had a similar role in "Mother" as good hearted doctor. He fits these roles.

Episode 3

• Shi-Ho is even cute when drinking Soju from a drink box.  But that's what I said, her parents even sold the house, live in an apartment and all the money they spent go into her training. She is under such a pressure.
  • If KSJ would hold my hand, I would "fail" the scene around 20 times.
  • JH senior isn't as bad as I initially thought either, I do like him. :D 
  • How fast guys can switch between teasing you and be the sweetest guy ever, once we realize we did a mistake and have a bad conscience.
  • Oh my god, I already forgot the bar scene. I am still so proud about JH punching that guy. I even forgot if BJ ever found out he did that. I repeated the scene so often. JH was so focused. 
  • This may be even the first moment he realized there is something.
  • I do admit the shoe thingy of SH is weird. That is not the way to get him back......
  • .......but it was sexy of her how she entered the mens dorm and brought them back. I like those type of girls who take action into their own hand. Her entrance was so powerful. 
  • Girlfriend Shi-Ho still is the best though. She's the perfect girlfriend here, in PNB and SLA aswell. :D 
  • @triplem But ep3 is the first perfect example of how SH became like this and why she does what she's going to do. She has to bear so much stuff, so much that others don't. Funnily that the person who would understand her the most is probably BJ, living under the same roof. I can relate to her actions. JH was the only constant in her life, the only thing that made her happy. But she had to sacrifice him, so now she desperetly trying to fix her mistake and get him back, but it's too late. 
    I would give her another chance, JH doesn't. 

It’s a pity that SH’s family does not talk and discuss with one another what she wants to do. Much heartache can be avoided with that. I guess after all it is very much Asian thing where parents/teachers decide what’s best for the “kids” no matter how old they are -_-

Episode 4

• I love the scene in the bathroom. :D Shi-Ho is so confident and strong here, the way Subin dropped the candy was hilarious. She was so little in this moment. I loved it. Shi-Ho really has such a good personality.
  • Shi Hi is also such a sweet roommate in the beginning.
  • The gymnasts coach is really harsh.
  • I also like how honest JH is during the sessions with the psychologist
  • Shi Ho stretching is kinda sexy, I have to admit.
  • The conversation between the brothers in the car is still so funny. :D 
  • SH grabbing BJ to her side as introducing her as her roommate was so sly. SH does know how to manipulate. I do have to admit here she starts her quest. I think this still is a reasonable behavior. She was jealous. It's human.
  • Her words in front of the cafeteria were a bit bold, but honestly I understand her. She is only saying the truth, she was under so much pressure, she had to bear the whole expecations of her family, she didn't get any better. 
    Yes, her timing was off and she did a mistake, but she honestly regrets it and would pay every price to gain his trust back again. 
    I would give her a second chance, since she really does feel sorry. I also admit her way of breaking up wasn't nice, but, I see her point. 
    If a girl cries in front of you in public, she really does feel sorry. You don't have to get back together right away or make her earn it to get your trust, but I wouldn't shatter her directly. After all, she was a good gf up to this point.
  • Omg I never noticed Coach Choi's cute smile behind the Prof. His words really made her happy.
  • JH really does look good in the yellow jacket. :D 

2 hours ago, Dhakra said:

I would give her a second chance, since she really does feel sorry. I also admit her way of breaking up wasn't nice, but, I see her point. 

Of course you would :lol:. I won’t even expect otherwise. 
But , sadly relationships aren’t like sports , it’s not a competition of who pushes harder will see results. . Even when she tries to get JH to give her a chance , it wasn’t about him ...it has always been about her alone and her needs. She’s never thought much about his happiness or whether this was something he wanted . If she had been successful at Taerung , she would not even consider reconciling with him . She’s just losing everything so she’s trying to grasp at that one thing she thinks she has left . It’s pretty selfish to me . I understand her why she’d behave like this but I don’t think it’s right . 

I could not help myself but I already watch eps 5 ...could not possibly stop at the point where JH finds out she’s going to his bro’s clinic . So clear to me in eps 5 , that JH already has some feelings for BJ when he realises that BJ truly likes his bro . But of course , nothing quite developed yet given that he set her up on the orchestra date . 

I enjoy with much giggling all the merciless teasing that JH gives BJ. What eps was it before they start realising they like each other ? Mid point right ? Anyway, I love seeing BJ feeling like she’s a girl for the 1st time  , having a crush on a handsome doctor...ahh to be that age again :joy:

Loved the 1st OST 

8 hours ago, triplem said:

Of course you would :lol:. I won’t even expect otherwise. 
But , sadly relationships aren’t like sports , it’s not a competition of who pushes harder will see results. . Even when she tries to get JH to give her a chance , it wasn’t about him ...it has always been about her alone and her needs. She’s never thought much about his happiness or whether this was something he wanted . If she had been successful at Taerung , she would not even consider reconciling with him . She’s just losing everything so she’s trying to grasp at that one thing she thinks she has left . It’s pretty selfish to me . I understand her why she’d behave like this but I don’t think it’s right . 

I could not help myself but I already watch eps 5 ...could not possibly stop at the point where JH finds out she’s going to his bro’s clinic . So clear to me in eps 5 , that JH already has some feelings for BJ when he realises that BJ truly likes his bro . But of course , nothing quite developed yet given that he set her up on the orchestra date . 

I enjoy with much giggling all the merciless teasing that JH gives BJ. What eps was it before they start realising they like each other ? Mid point right ? Anyway, I love seeing BJ feeling like she’s a girl for the 1st time  , having a crush on a handsome doctor...ahh to be that age again :joy:

I wouldn't say that's true. In every other moment we see her as caring gf that wants to do something good for him. 

Both are doing competetive sports for a living, which has the backside of results being the only thing that counts. Career is sadly something that must be taken into account. If she didn't get results and stayed within the relationship, that then? Cancel it and do nothing, she also had to think about her family.

She was is a tough spot and I agree that she could have communicated better, the break up itself was very toxic and wrong, maybe even a break would have done it, but overall the action were correct. She just chose the direct, uncomplicated and maybe selfish way. 

She had to think abour herself first, because that is what mattered. Her whole career was on the line. 

You never know that. We actually do see her in the locker room in Taerung though, before the has her performance and there she looks at JH and does miss him. So maybe if she had succeeded, she would have asked him again. 

If you all watched ep5, I will watch ep5 today aswell! :D 

I think it does take a while until she realizes it. He starts very soon, she is a hard nut to crack. 

Spoiler

I think 10+, even after the first kiss at the store. And even then it takes some dates. 

I am really looking forward to the second half of the drama. :D 

Episode 5

• JI little nodding when JH says "Cello??" is SO hilarious. :D 
  • @triplemI do see where you come from when saying that JH really enjoys teasing her so much and let her suffer. I really can't wait for the time he genuinely falls in love with her and visa versa.
  • JH turning around to sit at JH table. :D Oh the tough times begin. 
  • Ji probably really is the nicest person ever.
  • I definitely have to make a gif of JH making a cross. :D 
  • I never realized that because of JH finding out about JI and BJ and his constant teasing and making BJ do stuff for him, he actually started the SH being jealous trip. I remember the rice thing, that was the starting point.
  • @triplemSH words after the success line also make sense. 
  • Girlfriend Shi-Ho is THE best :love: If a girl would invite me to pizza like this, I would be SO happy! These flashbacks are so nice to see.
  • It is SO sexy when girls know something about us guys that even we aren't aware of! When SH listed the obvious places JH would go and even found him there it's SO amazing.
    I had a similiar experience just this morning with a a friend of mine. She casually listed my morning sleeping habits and it was SO sexy! :D 

On 12/22/2019 at 8:02 AM, Dhakra said:

had a similiar experience just this morning with a a friend of mine. She casually listed my morning sleeping habits and it was SO sexy! :D 

You have something to tell us ? Why is she listing your morning sleeping habits ? Hmmmm? Tell on +/- so I don’t go off topic here :lol:

Am gonna watch eps 6 shortly 

On 12/22/2019 at 11:02 AM, Dhakra said:

I had a similiar experience just this morning with a a friend of mine. She casually listed my morning sleeping habits and it was SO sexy! :D 

giphy.gif

Imma listenin... :D  But yeah...definitely in +/- thread.  And see the comment count sky rocketing thereafter...

7 hours ago, nrllee said:

Imma listenin... :D  But yeah...definitely in +/- thread.  And see the comment count sky rocketing thereafter...

Well you already know much of it, I talked to you about Saskia. But I try to fill you in on missing parts. Not on the thread though, way too much eyes there now who don't need to know everything. :D 

I don't think it would skyrocket anymore. Too much people there who aren't involved. :D 

Episode 6

• JI really does all the sweet guy stuff. Which girl would not fall for that?
  • JH talking about the water gives me the feels. -_-
  • Can we actually talk about how cruel the mom was? Did we ever really address that? She left her child, because she married someone new, went to Canada and all she does for her child is sent a postcard and presents ONCE each year.
  • The hiding spot for the fake Postcards is so incredibly bad. But I still love how honest JH is in front of the psychologist.
  • JH spitting water, another gif I have to do. :D 
  • It is exactly how Ah Young says, what kind of guy can make such a beautiful girl like SH sad? 
  • I wonder if JH was preparing himself for a kiss when BJ sneezed at him? The way he closed his eyes. What do you girls think?
  • SH cold face after saying "Get lost, jerk" is the scariest thing in the world. :D I still like how she rejects that guy. His approach was so bad.
  • She even gave him tea against his cold! She is such a caring gf! @triplemHow can you even think about ranting? Yeah, she does always say he is the only thing he can hold onto. But you always see it as something bad, I see it as something positive. He is her pearl in a world of dirt. And that is what love is all about. If a girl would do that for me, I would carry her with my bare hands! 
  • Actually NH would be a perfect girlfriend aswell. 
  • Let's be honest, the real love story here is between the friends/brothers. How JI talks about his brother is so beautiful. It gets even more clear later, since we do know what will happen. But already here it's so clear what a great bond they have.
  • SH waiting in front of the swimming hall is so cute. ♥ I don't know what you all have had. I mean, at this point at the latest SH would have totally won me over. She is so caring and looks out for JH ALL THE TIME. 
  • Omg here he already gets the famous Toad from BJ? Awww. So beautiful.
  • So here it starts, I remember SH throwing the can into the bin. Here she was hurt seeing them. Hard times ahead. Now it starts where @triplem will collect evidence against SH. :D 
  • The scenes between JH and BJ's dad are so funny. It will only get better at this point. 
  • End scene: Well I wasn't aware SH already sells out BJ here, I think it happens later during their "war". But yeah, I guess here is the point where the discussions will begin. 
    Won't be easy....like last time

By all accounts @Dhakra eps 6 was fantastic. A lot of development for all concern as per your post ...Who can forget this iconic scene ? 
Gif cr to owner 

2522_0-24402500-1493383087_tumblr_ohu6lx

but let’s get straight to the point ...sure Shi Ho is caring and all , but only because she had ulterior motives - she wants to get him back . And he has refused her quite clearly a few times now . What she needs is not a bf but to get some therapy to help her cope with her current stress . But anyway, what was blatantly wrong was for her to rat on Bok Joo the way she did . Plus not to mention she went through her personal things without her permission. I get that jealousy can blind oneself but It does not give you the right to cross such boundaries. I was actually softening up to her till this happened...then it all came back to me :triumph:. And she’s not wanting to get back with JH because she loves him so much ...it’s only because that’s all she has left or so she thinks . That isn’t love at all . 

@triplemI agree. So many iconic scenes happen in ep6. I also think ep6 was a key turning point in their relationship, both for BJ and JH. BJ realizes due to JI words that JH is way different than she previously thought. He is struggling aswell and isn't the type of guy she used to think. 

For JH I think this when he realizes he actually begins to have feelings for BJ and starts to love her. 

But isn't getting someone back a normal and reasonable reason to fight for someone? I agree that she needs therapy and someone to deal with her stress, but I see her point of getting something back that was once precious to her. She will make a few questionable decisions during the next couple of episodes, but I can see where she comes from. 

Nah, she loves him, she just knows she made a horrible mistake and now wants it too bad. You only know what you had when it's gone. 

Fairy06-00020.jpgV7pgLgX0xaYlKF6jNtV7_ry1l0cbf91q6xsn7w64Fairy06-00029.jpg

No matter how many times you rewatch an episode it would seem there is always something new to be found that moves you in a different way and sometimes for the first time.  I love BJ in this episode it's as if everything and every touch shocks her into tingles and even hiccups seem so cute.  For her feelings are so clearly seen to a point that they are two cute for even him to ignore.  Showing what it's like to have a crush on someone and ones willingness to grasp onto even the smallest of gestures.  Because your heart cant help itself in wanting it all to be true, even if he isn't the one meant for you.

SH gets a little more understanding this time around from me but it's her own choices that got her to where she is.  Sometimes no matter how much you might regret the past or realize what you once had and took for granted.   Is in fact what you now want and would give anything to recapture. Yet sometimes there are no second chances when people have changed and their feelings have too. It's a hard lesson realizing timing can work for you or against you. 

Even more I feel sorry for her in that she is a lot like young talent in reality in Korea who work so hard to fulfill their dreams.  From a far seem to have everything except for the one thing they want most.  To be free from all the pressures that surround them and be able to just be like everyone else. Where there are no expectations or comments or disappointments from others and just being yourself is good enough.  It's lonely when you look around and your dreams feel empty and you realize you're always all by yourself.

You can see why she want's him back...

:cold_sweat:

I really enjoyed ep.6 :lol: Laughed a lot and we get to know more of the main characters.

- That iconic scene of JH using BJ as a shield from splashing water got me laughed out loud. I thought he's gonna be like his gentleman brother but hahahaaaa... so unexpectedly petty... and of course he gets it back getting all the cold virus from BJ, literally in his face, hahahaa...

- I love that BJ is able to speak so comfortably with her dad to the point of shouting into the phone complaining about his decision to move up a weight class

- Coach Choi is really scary in bulking up BJ... 3 trays of piling food :sweatingbullets: even seeing BJ eat made me feel so full already. Poor BJ having to cringe at the yoyo effect on the weighing scale :lol:

- SH is just like what JH thought, a stalker. Yes I get that she is trying to get close to him, but given that he doesn't like her doing that and made it clear several times, what she is doing is offensive. That's not the way to win back your ex. That's forcing yourself on another person to accept you.

- Uncle vs Coach Choi lifting the huge soup pot :lol: Are we going to see a love line between them? Gosh, those chicken looks so appetizing...

- I'm glad that BJ now has a friend to talk about her crush and who gives her full support to pursue it. She so sweet in helping BJ ate the steak given by the other friend. Haha, one helping BJ to gain weight, the other helping to lose weight... Also when she helps her to get dressed up for the clinic visit.

- SH is very caring in giving the soothing tea to JH secretly just so he would drink it. But later on when she showed up with it waiting for him after the match, it is clear that she wants him to know she is behind the first tea.

- Thumbs up for JH in trying to overcome his problem in getting a good start for a match by participating in small competition. And it's great BJ found out more about the real JH and took action to give him encouragement. And the gift of abalone feast :lol:

- SH being jealous is natural and understandable, but her acting on her jealousy and ratted out on BJ is so uncalled for... It's not even a secret that she chanced upon, but she was actively and deliberately looking for ways to bring BJ down. She stopped, thought for a while, and turned to go through BJ's bag. JH and BJ are not even an item yet, they're just being close friend, and she knows they knew each other from little. Was the "revenge" necessary? She doesn't mind other people getting hurt big time as long as she gets what she wants. We don't see her being hesitant. What she did was a big NO and it took away so many points from her in my eyes. And it would from JH's eyes too since he saw her getting into the training room and I'm guessing he would be able to put the two together.

Archived