[OFFICIAL] JongJoo|Honey Couple (Lee Jong Suk ❤ Han Hyo Joo)

Admin

@ibru and the honey couple ship -- thank you for your enthusiasm. :love: unfortunately, you are the only ship that has said yes so far. :unsure: so we may not have enough ships to have an event. lets see. we still have the whole of today (jan 25)... we will keep you posted...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

@ibruSorry, it has been one of those days where once an hour, every hour, I have had to run off to this or that crisis. My work schedule is a bit heavier than it was last time around. I don't know what the details are, but I can try to help out. :) Hoping for more information.

So...once Kang Chul figured out a solution to his identity problem in the real world (maybe he got sent back with one?? Part of the becoming-a-real-boy magic?), he reinvented himself. He opened a cafe (hey, that cream spaghetti dish with bacon he was going to make for Yeon Joo? It's on the menu at 89M, just saying) and then, after having lived as a main character for years, decided to write books himself. He became a bestselling author, and now writers flock to his cafe to write their own books and hopefully catch a glimpse of Kang Chul aka Cha Eun Ho (KC's pseudonym, of course!)

@frozentundra great idea! 

49 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

@ibruSorry, it has been one of those days where once an hour, every hour, I have had to run off to this or that crisis. My work schedule is a bit heavier than it was last time around. I don't know what the details are, but I can try to help out. :) Hoping for more information.

So...once Kang Chul figured out a solution to his identity problem in the real world (maybe he got sent back with one?? Part of the becoming-a-real-boy magic?), he reinvented himself. He opened a cafe (hey, that cream spaghetti dish with bacon he was going to make for Yeon Joo? It's on the menu at 89M, just saying) and then, after having lived as a main character for years, decided to write books himself. He became a bestselling author, and now writers flock to his cafe to write their own books and hopefully catch a glimpse of Kang Chul aka Cha Eun Ho (KC's pseudonym, of course!)

@frozentundra - 10 points for this quick Fanfix!

I like this idea, and also - this cafe could be an teleportation place to other desmition.. Why not :D

I was right - without you it will be difficult to win in this shipper's event!

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@ibru and the honey couple ship -- thank you for your enthusiasm. :love: unfortunately, you are the only ship that has said yes so far. :unsure: so we may not have enough ships to have an event. lets see. we still have the whole of today (jan 25)... we will keep you posted...

:tears: hope that you will get more OK from other shippers

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

Behold, teleportation. 

and password for the teleportation is encrypted right here

49778707_2322933464601396_2728617214274010235_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com

and only who really loves can find the way out..

That was the background to write "Romance is a bonus book"  :D

• Like 4
  • Love 2

22 hours ago, l0vey0u2323 said:

this interview seem now he is really really really feel lonely. :tears: 

who can translate this interview? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtBZuqul__3/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=luy7ro06cv7s

A rough translation of a few parts of the interview for you: 

Esquire: What do you wish to be given to Lee Jong Suk?

JS: I need love. I appreciate love from the fans very much but I really need the kind of love where I can communicate. I'm so lonely. I'm really very lonely. I feel so lonely living. I wish I had (a) (or MY?) girlfriend. (Literally it says, "I wish I had girlfriend"--but whether he is missing his already-existing gf  who is far away, or if he just means a hypothetical gf, it is grammatically unspecified.) I need someone. I thought since I am surrounded by many people, I should be happy... But I always need love. Am I greedy?

JS: I'm proud to say that I spent my 20s working really hard, but on the other hand, [if I went back in time], I would have more fun. I would just live more. I regret that I didn't spend more time on my relationships. (The sense here is specifically romantic relationships.)

Esquire: You'll still work even if you go back. (They are discussing what he would do if he could go back in time.)

JS: Right. And...That's what I think. And...if I have someone I really love, I should get married this time.

Esquire: Is Lee Jong Suk suffering terribly from the symptoms of "30 year old" disease?

JS: No. I said I wanted to get married when I was 25. I said I want to do it. I want to do it, these days I think so. But even if I'm lonely, I don't have time to feel lonely. Nevertheless, I think I should get married if I have someone I love. Maybe it's because I'm getting older. Can I really get married?

Esquire: Suddenly?

JS: I feel the necessity of a beloved person. I just need someone to stay with, someone to talk with and do something with. Someone who looks at me objectively, puts my worries together, and talks without filters.

Esquire: He changed the subject quickly to today's Omegas. (I assume something about Omega watches that are in the photoshoot; the scan cuts off here.)

Hopefully JShine will do an official translation. However, I read through the scans of the interview as posted by this IG owner, and I feel that JS was trying to get a specific message across. Yes, there is a line in there where he says he is lonely. However, it's in the context of contrasting love in a relationship with love of fans. He says that even though he's really grateful for the love from fans, what he as a person really needs in his life is something more specific, aka that of a gf or even a wife (since he also talks in there about his desire to get married quite a bit). He needs one person who he can talk to without filters and just be with. I took that to mean that he was saying that JUST love from fans will never fill that kind of loneliness the way a personal relationship will.

Because of the way Korean is structured (ie it lacks articles and often leaves out pronouns and nouns), the language is grammatically vague. Non shippers will grab on to his statement that is literally "I want girlfriend" to mean "I want A girlfriend," meaning he doesn't have one at the moment--meanwhile, it can just as easily mean "I want MY girlfriend"--as in, if his actual gf being very far away at the moment and he misses her. Only he knows what he actually truly means by that. He does, however, go on to talk a lot about marriage in the article, about how he really wants to get married and thinks he should do that if he has someone  he loves. The interviewer seemed a little surprised by this topic. I know that he has often talked of his desire to get married, but for most people it's a little weird to jump into that topic without prompting if you don't even have a significant other to begin with. 

To me (again, I am not in his head, this is just the vibe I got off of what I read), it sounds like he is trying to send a message to the fans. Ie, I love you and am grateful for your support, but please also support me when someday I say I am dating someone and even want to get married to them. The sad fact is, fandoms in K-ent can be obsessively possessive (and I am talking not only about Korean fans at home, but also fans abroad). There is this notion that celebrities should be eternally single, so that fans can fantasize about dating them. When these celebrities announce they are with someone, often fans are heartbroken. Some turn into anti-fans. Some send them death threats. Even when it's only a rumor that is truthfully denied, there are still those who will harass one or the other party (more often the girl, though) for months afterwards. That doesn't begin to address shipper wars, where fans will want a particular couple to be together so much that they band together to harass and even stalk and threaten other fans (again, up to and including death threats) who happen to have a different opinion. In the name of shipping or other kinds of fandoms, fan groups are split against each other and the celebrities' own friends, colleagues, and costars get harassed in their names, under the notion of "defending" them. All this for people that these so-called "fans" don't actually know in person. 

So basically, what I took away from his interview was him saying, please don't freak out. I am a normal human who also wants to live a normal life with normal relationships, including personal ones. Love from fans, no matter how wonderful that is, can never replace an actual real life romantic relationship. Please be understanding and let me do that.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, wenchanteur said:

I'm sure that if LJS came to this forum, he would certainly find a girlfriend. :relaxed:

Lol, if he came to this forum, we could gladly recommend to him a girl who checks off every single detail on his list of ideal type characteristics...but hopefully he does not need our help, and has recognized that already...

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

It's apparently quite cold there (some snow on the ground) and I keep seeing other cast mates posting about action scenes. I hope she finally gets to do the action scenes she wanted (but stays warm!)

I'm glad she posted. JS's most recent two projects have really carried her echo. (There was the double parallel between Love Lies and Hymn of Death's setting PLUS just JS, and now in RIABB, both a few plot elements and also just LNY in general remind me strongly of HJ.) I've really missed her/them. And since it will be a looooooong time before this US show hits the screens, I hope she keeps updating. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

It's apparently quite cold there (some snow on the ground) and I keep seeing other cast mates posting about action scenes. I hope she finally gets to do the action scenes she wanted (but stays warm!)

I'm glad she posted. JS's most recent two projects have really carried her echo. (There was the double parallel between Love Lies and Hymn of Death's setting PLUS just JS, and now in RIABB, both a few plot elements and also just LNY in general remind me strongly of HJ.) I've really missed her/them. And since it will be a looooooong time before this US show hits the screens, I hope she keeps updating. 

And the bridge on the photo - the same bridge from "Doctor Stranger":D

• Like 3